Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,980 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Urgent Help Needed As Regards Uk Visa . - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Help Needed As Regards Uk Visa . (1235 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa / Uk Visa Application Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed As Regards Uk Visa . by fatjazz: 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2012
Good day my people
The just concluded acquisition of oceanic bank by ecobank got me out of the banking system and i learnt that before i could make a trip to the UK i must be gainfully employed .Please what options do i have at my disposal right now as my trip is mainly to go visit my wife who is currently doing her Msc programme in the UK.I dont have the intention of spending more than a month with her .Please note that she left as single and not married .But there is a marriage certificate to prove that we are married .
Please nairalanders advise me on what to do .What options do i have now to get to visit her ?
Thanks for anticipated responses.
Re: Urgent Help Needed As Regards Uk Visa . by Vicjustice: 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2012
fatjazz:

Good day my people
The just concluded acquisition of oceanic bank by ecobank got me out of the banking system and i learnt that before i could make a trip to the UK i must be gainfully employed .Please what options do i have at my disposal right now as my trip is mainly to go visit my wife who is currently doing her Msc programme in the UK.
   Logically, you are expected to be in employment in order to meet the requirement, but if you're out of job, then, your employment history and current financial situation plus your present activities/occupations can compensate for that. And since you have no job to return for, you would face an uphill battle to demonstrate your obligation or home ties; and except your financial standings is so good and transparent, you might find it extremely difficult to satisfy the visa officer that you're not going to the UK to look for future.

fatjazz:

I dont have the intention of spending more than a month with her.
   This is what you alone know, but unfortunately, the Visa Officer does not know this, and would never want to believe it, therefore, by regulation, you will be refused the visa the very moment the officer sees the word "Unemployed" in your application form.

fatjazz:

Please note that she left as single and not married .But there is a marriage certificate to prove that we are married .
   Does this mean that she made a false declaration of her marital status?
   Please, give honest details, i'm not going to use it against you, i don't intend to criticize nor condemn her, but i wish to know so i may advice you accordingly as i sense that you may be about to make a serious mistake that would cost your and your wife dearly
Re: Urgent Help Needed As Regards Uk Visa . by fatjazz: 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
Thanks Vic justice .
We got married after had submitted her details .Please note that she went on full Msc and Phd scholarship offered by FG.The information she submitted as at then was what was used for the preparation of her visa . Am agent in Abuja BCIE helped in doing all these for her.She was just given her passport on the day she was supposed to leave .So now as it is ,what options can i use ?
Can i get a friend of mine who has a company to expedite this for me ? I am confused .I dont want to be refused.
thanks
Re: Urgent Help Needed As Regards Uk Visa . by Vicjustice: 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2012
fatjazz:

Thanks Vic justice .
We got married after had submitted her details .Please note that she went on full Msc and Phd scholarship offered by FG.The information she submitted as at then was what was used for the preparation of her visa . Am agent in Abuja BCIE helped in doing all these for her.She was just given her passport on the day she was supposed to leave
   If you don't mind, i'd like to be honest even if it seems discouraging. Please, understand that i need to ask these questions not because i am curious about your family life, but rather because i want to attend this issue with competency.
   Now, are you aware that the onus is on you and your wife to notify the appropriate authorities of the change in your marital status, therefore, did you do any thing about the change status prior to this time?

fatjazz:
.So now as it is ,what options can i use ?
      If you (couple) never reported your current marital status to the Authorities, then, i'm afraid your wife's marital status remains single and as such, you can not apply for a visa as her spouse; you just have to apply for a regular tourist visa, but then, your unemployment will definitely give a major count against you.

fatjazz:

Can i get a friend of mine who has a company to expedite this for me ? I am confused .I dont want to be refused.
thanks
   How do you think he can help? You're an independent adult, therefore, you will not be eligible for any of the dependant categories that allow for support or sponsorship except you're going for studies or for a course, or for a sponsored programme; it doesn't work like that for a tourist visitor.

fatjazz:

I am confused .I dont want to be refused.
thanks
   Then, i advice you to not try at all as refusal seems to be inevitable
Re: Urgent Help Needed As Regards Uk Visa . by tayoTFC(m): 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
bros what u need to do is to try and get a regular income job, or if u have money u can start your own company in a small scale ensure u fund your bank account inflow and outflow so after 7 month u can apply for tourist visa before ,then let ur wife notify the uk authority if any change in maritial status,

it is better to be patient and do the right things than to be in hurry to get refusal visa, thinks bros,
Re: Urgent Help Needed As Regards Uk Visa . by Isiri: 2:20am On Feb 22, 2012
Pls.can u advice me on how i can go abt canada tourist visa.thanks

(1) (Reply)

Romanian Government Scholarship 2014 / Please How Is Much Is New ECOWAS Passport At Ibadan Or Lagos / The World’s Quietest Place. ‘anechoic Chamber’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.