Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

I Just Read? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Just Read? (1235 Views)

No Title. Just Read... / I Just Read? / Just Read It And Share It And You Will Never Regret It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Read? by UjSizzle(f): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2012
hey booklovers,here's the topic you can update regularly. What book(s) have you just completed? Be it Nigerian or foreign bestsellers. Rate how good or wack it was and recommend to others.
Re: I Just Read? by deebayour(m): 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
I just read Robert Greene's 48 Laws of Power like the 50th time. I'm currently reading Robert De Candido's Articles of the Federation, A star Trek Universe Novel
Re: I Just Read? by breathing(f): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2012
I just read Mario Puzo's 'Family'. Highly recommended!
Re: I Just Read? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2012
I just read LIFE AMONG THE YORUBA's a diary so great written by the one and and only Uj sizzle tongue

On a serious note; m reading a novel called a time to embrace by errr brb
Re: I Just Read? by UjSizzle(f): 11:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
Still reading The Thing Around Your Neck...Chimamanda Adichie.
Re: I Just Read? by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 04, 2012
JUST FINISHED READING CALLED OUT OF THE SPIRIT REM
Re: I Just Read? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
Oh its by karen kingsbury.

I find it hard tho to read books this days and m also reading Finding hubby on Naijastories its fun a crazy,it takes me to Lasgidi even wen m so far.
Re: I Just Read? by LarrySun(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2012
Currently reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins...great book.
Re: I Just Read? by breathing(f): 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2012
I just read Eghosa Imasuen's 'Fine boys'. Beautifullyhandsomely written. I love
Re: I Just Read? by orgasticdance: 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2012
breathing: I just read Eghosa Imasuen's 'Fine boys'. Beautifullyhandsomely written. I love

Borrowed it from a friend but haven't gotten to it yet. What did you like about the book?
Just Read Dubliners by James Joyce, epic stuff from the master!
Re: I Just Read? by breathing(f): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
orgasticdance:

Borrowed it from a friend but haven't gotten to it yet. What did you like about the book?
Just Read Dubliners by James Joyce, epic stuff from the master!

The book captured reality as it is. It's about cultism and life in a Nigerian university in the 90s. It was interesting to note that not much has changed. There's so much to learn from it sha, you should get to it soon.

I also read Adaobi Tricia's 'I do not come to you by chance'. This one is about yahho boys, and it's funny and touching.
Re: I Just Read? by LarrySun(m): 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2012
breathing:

The book captured reality as it is. It's about cultism and life in a Nigerian university in the 90s. It was interesting to note that not much has changed. There's so much to learn from it sha, you should get to it soon.

I also read Adaobi Tricia's 'I do not come to you by chance'. This one is about yahho boys, and it's funny and touching.
You'd like my work too; 'The Brand Of Cain'. It's here on Nairaland (Literature and Writing)
Re: I Just Read? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2012
Larry-Sun:

You'd like my work too; 'The Brand Of Cain'. It's here on Nairaland (Literature and Writing)
Link please.

I love reading about Africa as a whole and lately I embrace African works.
Re: I Just Read? by LarrySun(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Link please.

I love reading about Africa as a whole and lately I embrace African works.

It's right on the first page of Literature and Writing (The Brand Of Cain). Prepare to be amazed (not an overstatement).
Re: I Just Read? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2012
Larry-Sun:

It's right on the first page of Literature and Writing (The Brand Of Cain). Prepare to be amazed (not an overstatement).
I hate scrolling pls...
Re: I Just Read? by LarrySun(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2012
Re: I Just Read? by breathing(f): 11:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
Larry-Sun:
https://www.nairaland.com/1083003/brand-cain-complete-novel

If it's that good, how come it's free. Anyway, let me not judge a book by its price grin, I'd read and get back to you.
Re: I Just Read? by breathing(f): 11:57pm On Dec 04, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Wow, just took a glance at it, and looks like its gonna be worth my time. I rarely find this kinda literature on Nairaland, it's mostly always the foreign sounding stuffs I can't relate to. I like that you have 'authors notes' too. Ok, let me go read for real now!
Re: I Just Read? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:00am On Dec 05, 2012
Larry-Sun:
https://www.nairaland.com/1083003/brand-cain-complete-novel
I couldn't wait for this I just checked ur profile and couldn't come back.u got me hooked,great job and marvellous work.

U speak ma language
Re: I Just Read? by Splendblex(f): 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Larry-Sun:

hmmm...Larry is advertisin ocheesy but seriously The Brand of Cain is WOW! It's lovely,interesting n...it rocks!

(1) (Reply)

Stephen King Vs Richard Bachman / Igbo: 'Hubris, Thoughtlessness And Noisy Exhibitionism'- Chinua Achebe / Teach Yourself The Philosophy Of Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.