Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) (60809 Views)

Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech / Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by nwabobo: 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
Major Nzeogwu here describes how they carried out the operation that led to the killing of Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBKCgPMzrjI

1 Like

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by nwabobo: 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
Could someone pls embed d video as I'm finding it difficult to do that. Thanks
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by nwabobo: 10:12pm On Jan 03, 2012
Does anyone know how old Nzeogwu was here? He certainly looks under 30 here.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by realchange: 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
make una leave this nzeogwu topic please
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by ak47mann(m): 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2012
interesting cool cool
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by tunnytox(m): 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
What is fascinating about a confessed killer?

1 Like

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by ifeci: 10:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
The kaduna guy na fine boi o!
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by isalegan2: 10:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
Cold-Blooded Murderer.  Very dandy looking fella too.  "Hey old chap, spot o' tea?  I say, spot o' tea, old chap?  Hip Hip.  Cheerio!"  undecided  Bloody Clown.

[flash=480,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBKCgPMzrjI[/flash]
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by tunnytox(m): 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
i hope he rot in HELL where he belong to, he was so cool and happy with the fact that he and his co-murderers were chasing people about like antelope to kill them!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by oduasolja: 11:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
well the blood of thousands are on his hands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by nwabobo: 11:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
oduasolja:

well the blood of thousands are on his hands.

On whose hands are the blood of thousands killed in Northern Nigeria in 1945 and 1953?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by EkoIle1: 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2012
This cold blooded murderous bastard even sounds way worse than imagined.

2 Likes

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by realchange: 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
i hate that dude. he looks sharp tho. lol
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nzeogwu, along with Buhari (And, maybe, Mur'tala) , are the only Patriots to have carried out Coups in Nigeria.

To understand Nzeogwu's thinking you'd have to read more about him and understand the situation of the period. The devils were Ifeajuna, Okafor, Ironsi and co.

Nzeogwu was a Revolutionary. Unfortunately, others had a different agenda than they sold him.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by PhysicsQED(m): 3:27am On Jan 04, 2012
There's something sociopathic about this snippet of the interview, but I can't quite put my finger on it exactly.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by HighChief4(m): 3:46am On Jan 04, 2012
You guys should pick up a dammm book and read more about this man before you start saying what you dont know. He had the best interest of Nigeria at heart. Shut your mouth if you have not read about this man

2 Likes

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by PhysicsQED(m): 3:58am On Jan 04, 2012
High_Chief:

You guys should pick up a dammm book and read more about this man before you start saying what you dont know. He had the best interest of Nigeria at heart. Shut your mouth if you have not read about this man

Tell that to Balewa's kids. When Balewa was killed and his body dumped somewhere like garbage, why was that in the best interest of Nigeria?

Why won't Nigerians admit that these guys were yet another bunch of incompetent and misguided military buffoons and just move on already.

No need to romanticize idiots.

5 Likes

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

There's something sociopathic about this snippet of the interview, but I can't quite put my finger on it exactly.

Its the guy next to Nzeogwu with the shifty, beady eyes.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by HighChief4(m): 1:22am On Jan 05, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Tell that to Balewa's kids. When Balewa was killed and his body dumped somewhere like garbage, why was that in the best interest of Nigeria?

Why won't Nigerians admit that these guys were yet another bunch of incompetent and misguided military buffoons and just move on already.

No need to romanticize idiots.

Revolution is not tea party
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by sheyguy: 2:21am On Jan 05, 2012
High_Chief:

maybe the Nigerian army too had the best interest of Africa at heart for eliminating 3 mil pple of a tribe/pple that kills pple with nothing in common in the name of a revo?

2 Likes

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by cap28: 1:14pm On Jan 08, 2012
This man will remain a hero in the hearts and minds of many nigerians like myself who want to see an end to corruption and neo colonialism - may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by cdoffx(m): 11:17pm On Jan 10, 2012
before anybody says anything derogatory about Nzeogwu they should go back to history of what happened then and why his action is necessary just that when a good man is in the same bus with evil men is vision can't be reached
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by Tyche(m): 12:59am On Jan 11, 2012
What is wrong with the moderators. When you have high tensions in the country, we do not need a story like this. please delete/lock.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by tarano: 2:10am On Jan 11, 2012
I am not Ibo but I respect this guy, Nzeogwu was a very discipline officer. He was a devout catholic, a teetotaler, a non-smoker, and despite being a bachelor, did not spend much time chasing women. What possessed a puritanical, bible bashing, innocent young man like Nzeogwu to murder unarmed civilians in the middle of the night? What is clear is that Nzeogwu had harboured some anti-government sentiment for several years before 1966.

He seriously believed he was participating in a revolution, but the other Majors let him down.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by NorthSharp(m): 3:10am On Jan 11, 2012
ak47mann:

interesting cool cool

You disgusting, stinking hypocrite Iyamiris! Only recently you filled this and other forums telling us how much you f.cking Igbos loved Oju-iku as your 'hero', and how you would continue to respect him as such.

But at the same time you stinking lots cheer and hero-worship this cursed betrayer of trust, who sneaked in the night with most deadly weapons he could find and attacked his civilian benefactor while the latter was asleep in his bedroom with his family!

Let me tell all you dirty Iyamiris, whatever level of respect, admiration and reverence you think you have for your bloody coward of a hero Oju-iku, we Hausa-Fulani Muslims have ten-fold of that for our late Ahmadu Bello Sardauna of Sokoto.

So if you find the cold-blooded murderer of our hero 'interesting', we should as well find those who massacred your hundreds of thousands of your women and children in the civil war equally 'interesting' too.

Bloody hypocrites, killers of other peoples' heros, worshipers of theirs!

4 Likes

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by silverstud: 3:23am On Jan 11, 2012
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8y1Zpk4DrlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by cdoffx(m): 1:26am On Jan 13, 2012
Northsharp
even history as nothing good about your saduana who is full of nepotism and corruption. was it not your saduana that backs Tafawa Balewa in all attrocities commited in the western region then when that man Akintola all because of money and power betrayed his kinsmen. i'm a Yoruba but i'll everly respect Nzeogwu as he did the best thing to save the nation then just that it was thwarted by some idiots.history will always expose all you liars.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by ak47mann(m): 1:30am On Jan 13, 2012
cdoffx:

Northsharp
even history as nothing good about your saduana who is full of nepotism and corruption. was it not your saduana that backs Tafawa Balewa in all attrocities commited in the western region then when that man Akintola all because of money and power betrayed his kinsmen. i'm a Yoruba but i'll everly respect Nzeogwu as he did the best thing to save the nation then just that it was thwarted by some idiots.history will always expose all you liars.
word cool
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by ollyruffy: 2:05am On Jan 13, 2012
Moderator,
Pls, this kind of thread is not welcome at this point in Nigeria. Kindly delete.

1 Like

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by NorthSharp(m): 2:23am On Jan 13, 2012
ak47mann:

word cool
cdoffx:

Northsharp

You are free to have respect, and even worship, Nzeogwu or whomever you want, just as some people have utmost respect and admiration for those who murdered Abiola, Kudirat, Bola Ige, and other prominent Yorubas.

Apart from Nzeogwu, I guess you also have huge amount and respect for Awo, whom the Igbos would forever continue to describe in their history as one of the most callous, cold-blooder mass murderers on earth, who they often compare to Hitler, for employing the tool of starvation to subject millions of women, children and elderly to a slow, painful but sure death!

So if you were not one of those half-educated young and not so-young southerners advertising their ignorance everyday on the internet, you would have known that history, especially in an ethnically divided country like Nigeria, always depends on who writes it!

In the history of the Ibos and all those who have pathological hatred for the Hausa-Fulani Muslims, Nzeogwu and his likes are 'heroes' and 'revolutionaries', while to us they were evil, callous and cold-blooded murderers and Igbo supremacists and betrayers of the worst types; the manner and style of their selected assassination could have only been motivated by profound hatred for the Hausa-Fulani Muslims!

And as I said in my original post, any Ibo who sees these evil people as heroes and comes out to openly celebrate their heinous crime against us, would only be inviting us to celebrate the killers of the 3 millions Ibo women and children during the civil war.

And if you are a Yoruba, as you claim, you should know that if you come openly to call Nzeogwu your 'hero', then we have the right to call the killers of Abiola, Kudirat, Bola Ige, et al, as our heros. And in as much as you could point to some imperfections of Sardauna, we can also point to such shortcomings of any one of your Yoruba leaders.

And don't even try to bring in the issue of 'betraying for money and power' because, unless you are new in any discussion forum involving Nigerians, you would have known that that particular sin is what MOST OTHER NIGERIANS attribute to your Yoruba people, in the past, in the present and may be in the future!

2 Likes

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by saintneo(m): 6:43am On Jan 13, 2012
I have no respect for the officers that took part in the first coup plot in Nigeria, and I will never have any respect for them. Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna, etc, to me they were st[b]ew[/b]pid young men who taught the world was theirs at the time.

These st[b]ew[/b]pid boys caused all the issues Igbo's are facing today.

Vision or no vision, Nzeogwu is a cold-blooded murderer. Anyone that praises his vision is blind.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by cdoffx(m): 11:30am On Jan 13, 2012
@Northsharp
first let me point to you that the fact that corruption and betrayal is the order in Nigeria or yoruba politics does not make it right.
secondly you talked about the ibos hating Awolowo, i don't let sentiment becloud my judgment the ibos calling to break away at that time is justified by every reason,even though some say Ojukwu really fueled it cos of his desire to rule.Awolowo's respected by many Yorubas but he's also power thirsty 2 rule a big Nigeria hence is selfish action against ibos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion / Tinubu Pays Condolence Visit To Florence Ajimobi (Photos) / Senator Dino Melaye's Convoy Blocked While Commissioning Projects In Kogi (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.