Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? (2730 Views)

What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies / Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband / He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by lady2000: 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2007
Hello people. i have a problem.
A friend of mine is pregnant. Now thats not supposed to be a problem because she is married already, but where the problem comes in is that she already has six children and she is 45. It actually happened mistakenly and she is not her self at all. she confided in me and i want to give the best advice i can. thats why i have come here because she is contemplating aborting the baby. Her first child is already in law school and her 25th year anivasery is this december, so u get her trauma.
What do u guys suggest?
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by janami(f): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2007
i think she should have it . Its a gift from God and He only knows why He only knows ahy He did it.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2007
I think she should have the baby too.

I only support abortion for medical reasons, i.e if the mother's life would be at risk if she went full term.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by finekid(m): 9:49pm On Oct 21, 2007
Seconded janami and Siena
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by almondjoy(f): 1:11am On Oct 22, 2007
What a question!
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by robby1(m): 1:37am On Oct 22, 2007
The lady says that her friend is expecting a baby and will have her silver jubilee by december. Maybe she is scared of what people will say.
Well, if her husband is ok with aborting the baby, then they should go ahead. i think its less likely for older ladies to develop problems from abortion than younger ones. Am i rigth?
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by Easybaby(f): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2007
pls, tell her not to abort that baby,since her husband impregnated her. people's gossip won't do her anything. undecided

How is she sure that the abortion will be save undecided

maybe,she can travel abroad to have the baby to avoid gossip lipsrsealed
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by lady2000: 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2007
Its not only about what people will say. this is the third time such is happening to her, and the husband keeps insisting they keep th baby each time. After the 4th child, she gave a whole ten years break and another came mistakenly. it really difficult to convince her. I dont know what to do.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by omena555(f): 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2007
@poster, please advice your friend to keep the baby. the baby did no harm to have found him/herself in the mother's womb so why kill him/her? it is not rite to do so. she should please keep the baby against all odds (and i see none here). she has 6 already so 1 more will not do her any harm. more so, she was impregnated by her husband so i see no reason for her to feel bad about anything. most importantly, tell your friend to  try out a good family planning method, that way she will avoid her unpleasant surprises.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by Gmoney5(m): 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2007
Children are a gift from God. She should receive him/her joyfully. Better to have the child and live than to try killing the child and also die in the process.

Pls don't kill our next president or first-lady o.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by realdemi(f): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2007
She would forever live to regret that action if she aborts the baby.
1. She is rightfully and lawfully married
2. HER own Husbaband impregnated her
3. Her husband is willing to take on the baby
4. The baby is God's gift to her hence,,
5. She has no right taking the life of another (it's called MURDER) whether she feels like it is not the issue
6. The baby is an additional blessing to her 25th Anniversary (They have been very fruitful , 6, no 7 children)
7. As long as the pregnancy poses no risk to her life, and she's certified fit by doctors, no hassle

My mother gave birth to our last born at age 42 and I was just entering the University then. He was unexpected as well but believe it or not, He is about the brightest in the family. So smart and intelligent. He's a genius!
She should not care what people will say.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by vigasimple(m): 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2007
Yes the baby was not planned by the couple but it is part of God Plan for the couple.

Irrespective of anyones position, your friend should have the baby.

Even if Doctor were to say for example you are okay to abort it and there will be no problem, can they guarrantee it?

In yourba culture- preganacy and child birth is the ultimate joy and danger(that is why the people will greet you ' E ku ewu') when you deliver because you have just return from journey some don't return.

It might be that it is this child that is bringing your miracle. you may say how at 45 years old with other children before he/she goes to school and all the aggro and costs, it may take another 20-25 years in country like Nigeria and you will be 70 years.

I will give you an hypothetical situation and a real life one.

1. suppossing immediately after the child is born, Macleans the toothpaste maker want a child to promote their products and your child is picked ,and you family became mega or he/she comes with other unusual natural talent. Would you return her to the tummy ?

2. REAL LIFE- For most music lovers , you will all know King SunnY ADE a renowned JUJU music maestro, he was born by his mother at age 59 years old and his mother is now 119 years old alive still kicking and Sunny himself is now 60 years old. He is is very successful in his own right and was not only a blessing to the mother, to her community in ONDO and a pride to Nigerian music industy.

Every child is very unique and carry a special DNA from GOD.

For once pretend that he/she is your first grandchild. Then you will have fun.

Your Prayer now is for God to provide resources to look after him/her- money, time peace and happiness.

Who knows your husband may even be planning for a complete Eaglets to super eagles. grin grin

Good luck and may God be with you and bless you abundantly.

N.B. what you then want to work on is a very good family planning thing if you don't want to have the 8th as you husband is well blessed.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by Attention(f): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2007
Having six children already is not an issue. Women have even 12 or more. But on the other hand outside health implications that would be considered for her age, she should not worry but have the baby, when any one ask her, she should tell them , Na so God want am! Meanwhile, tell her i tap into her blessing for my own to come speedily.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by kaypinchi(m): 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2007
This is going the best Xmas yet for your friends family.
Imagine the thots of a new baby in the family, wedding aniversary party, Xmas, new year; hmmmmmmmmmnnn, its party all the way. Your friend will feel young again.

The baby is here for a reason and a purpose, it'll require real courage to take the right decision though. God has a way of doing mysterious things in our life.

As previous posts suggested, these "young unwanted gifts" are always full of goodies.

Let the child enjoy this world too.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by mutter(f): 9:31pm On Oct 31, 2007
I think she should have ennough courage and fear of God to keep it. I can understand that at that age one worries alot.
My first Kid and my last are exactly 23 years apart (theyshare the same birthday), and I have nine of them
If I where to get pregnant at 45 I think I will keep it, although I must add that I can be assured of good medical care.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by lady2000: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2007
Thanks y'all for your reply. Nobody has considered her other kids. Do you think they will welcome a new unexpected member into the family?
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by mamaput(f): 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2007
for this type of thing i will not give advice because at the end of the day the woman is on her own.
and she has to live with her decision on her own.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by ssRhino: 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2007
If the husband is da father of the baby, why would you wanna get rid of it, i beg, the more the merrier jare.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by mutter(f): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2007
Since when do the other kids have a say? Isit not theirfathers child
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2007

She is not in the position to say it happened mistakenly, because God doesn't make mistakes. An option will always be, to have the baby and then give it up for adoption. There are alot of women who can not conceive and would love to have a newborn baby, tho once she sees that bundle of joy, her heart will never allow such thing to take place. grin

another thing you can tell here is this baby could be a like a 'messiah' figure and could be the key to change a Nation or Country for future generations. , please keep the baby.

love & light,

Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by dyabman(m): 11:51am On Nov 07, 2007
WHY SUCH QUESTION , UMMM CAN I ACCEPT THAT,
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by cosby(m): 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2007
hmm
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by hannydarl(f): 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2007
have it and give it up for addoption i will take it cos i need a baby
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by vigasimple(m): 1:08am On Nov 17, 2007
hannydarl:

have it and give it up for addoption i will take it because i need a baby

@ poster

What about this offer, is in't incredible? what are you waiting for?

I told you that you'll be amazed how many people are looking for the fruit of the womb.

So, instead of being a 'murderer' (as that is what you will be in the eyes of the Lord if you try to abort it) have the child and give it up for adoption if you don't want to keep it.

Everybody on this thread do empathise with you even though we don't know your cicurmstance fully.

May God continue to be with you and provdide for you physcially, financially and spiritually.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by hannydarl(f): 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2007
yes o vigasimple plenty women are looking for babies you will never know until you are on the TTC que
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by stranger26(f): 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2007
Come on, have mercy! A child is a blessing from God and I call it murder to abort a child that's already developing in your womb without any medical reason (such as a health risk to the mother). Many people are looking for children so please tell your friend to just thank God for his blessings and raise the child well.
Whether she's had 6, 8, 10 or 12 children, what does it signify? Suppose something were to happen to them (God forbid) leaving only this little unborn baby? What's wrong with having a baby at 45? As long as she isn't gonna die or develop complications from the pregnancy, i don't see why she's so reluctant to have the kid. Could you explain what's holding her back?
Abi she no like kids? Me, o, I would love to have at least 6 kids, kids are cool, man!
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by igbogyel(f): 5:49pm On May 23, 2009
she should keep it .
buh if she doesn't want to she doesn't have to . at 45 , there are many many risks w. pregnancy . a woman's body is not as fit as it was before to carry a child healthily at that age . after 6 children her womb may also not be fit for another child .
this poses the risk of fibroids .
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by JJYOU: 5:56pm On May 23, 2009
igbogyel:

she should keep it .
buh if she doesn't want to she doesn't have to . at 45 , there are many many risks w. pregnancy . a woman's body is not as fit as it was before to carry a child healthily at that age . after 6 children her womb may also not be fit for another child .
this poses the risk of fibroids .
this post was oct 2007
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by tpiah: 6:35pm On May 23, 2009
hope she had the baby.

na these lastborns dey enjoy pass.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by N101: 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2009
Two words: Tubal ligation.  It's probably less stress than repeatedly getting pregnant, it sounds like this isn't the first "accidental" pregnancy. 

Working on the premise that contraceptives (if they use them) haven't been effective, I'm surprised she hadn't considered this after her 6th child.

Still, I'm curious as to what she did in the end.
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by Fhemmmy: 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2009
I think it is the Silver Baby.
25th Anniversary . . . with a baby? He needs to name the baby . . .Silver
Re: What Do I Do With This Pregnancy? by N101: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I think it is the Silver Baby.
25th Anniversary . . . with a baby? He needs to name the baby . . .Silver
You are sooo wrong for that. . . grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? / Igbos Vs Morney / See Picture Of Lady Who Fell Into Gutter Because Of High-heel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.