Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches (45407 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church Among Other Churches? / RCCG, E.A. Adeboye (and All Other Churches) - Free Will Or Predestination? / The Truth About The Catholic Church: And Other Churches: In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Niseamaka(m): 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2012
abhosts:

Sound Proof Musical Equipments?

SOUND PROOF EQUIPMENT, NOT SOUND PROOF MUSICAL EQUIPMENT. EQUIPMENTS THAT WILL MAKE THE BUILDING SOUND PROOF. IT`S AVAILAILABLE.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by tomzman: 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
lastpage:

I think its about time we all come together and support this kind of move.

Be it a Church or a Mosque, they all constitute a nuisance if they cannot "play their Music or their Preachings TO THEMSELVES, INSIDE THEIR CHURCH/MOSQUE!

Why must l listen to a Preacher-man's noise when l have decided that l have had enough dose of religious preachings, for myself?
Why must l be woken up by that rude cry of call to worship, every morning when l may just have arrived home from work (like people who work nights) and needed a sound sleep?

Dont Christians and Muslims know when to go to church/Mosque to pray (at least they can set their alarm clocks to remind them!)
You attend some churches and you come out with a pounding headache because the "Shout Halleluyah" noise level is crazy! I remember my baby used to shiver regularly in church (and at 5am when that silly Alfa starts blaring from his horn-speaker) when the Pastor starts shouting into the Microphone, just for "effects", abi we told him we were deaf?

BTW: I think we can all emulate the Jehovah's Witnesses. I have passed by their churches and have even visited friends whose house was located next to their place of worship and even though they use a Public address system, it is turned-up such that it covers only inside the church.
That is what l call "sensible worship" without becoming a nuisance to others.

Lastpage

Caveat: If it makes you happy, let me say that l am not a member of the Jehovah's Witness Sect but if we must be truthful, l am sure you'all will agree that they dont cause noise pollution like  our churches and Mosques!
I partially agree with you.I used to reside in a house near a Jehovah's Witness church, they don't make much noise like the other churches around the area.But I will agree with you the more when I hear that a mosque has been shut down for the same reason.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by portage(m): 4:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
What Lagos Government should do is come up with a Law that mandates every Church or Mosque to have a certain standard (such as sound proof buildings) when it comes to building their place of worship.
Everybody should have freedom to worship and shout all they want, however it should not disturb your next door neighbor.
Sound proof building is the way. If you can not afford it, then no license to operate. A s a matter of fact, if you do not go by the law, the State Government has the right to bring down the building regardless of it being Church, mosque, Eckankar, Latter Day Saint, Hindu or what have you. SIMPLE.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by eprynce(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
I recommend they come to my street where the mosque-tiers shout to wake me evry morning.
Though they help me keep to time week day, they are nuisance an weekends  grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nyntynplus: 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
Correct
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by DSB(m): 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
Interesting! Mosques to follow *waiting*
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by beamed: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
Somebody is trying to incure GOD'S WRATH.Goodluck Engr.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by megawax8: 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
where do dey make d complaints cos mani more churches sure nids to b closed down
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by naptu2: 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
One of the biggest problems we have in Nigeria is bigotry. Whatever measure government carries out it has to indulge a strange kind of balancing act. Just because some churches are closed down for breaking the law some people want mosques to be closed down as well, whether they violate the law or not. Does that make any sense?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
Ride on Comrades. We can do more!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by unclebros: 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
Good Move.
But incomplete implementation, most mosques also pollutes the air with noise, so why clamp on churches alone?
Fashola should be careful and balance his decisions.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by SkyRider1(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
Fashola is God sent. He should as well heavily tax these Companies, sorry churches/Mosques.

They have become a major means of reaping off the hopeless masses, victims of politicians.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by bulksms247(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
Fashola u can't wedge war against your creator. U have been weighed and found nothing, ur days are numbered. Leave God alone and dnt bring his wrath against ur household
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by lastpage: 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
@Azeez532

D noise level generated by some churches is alarming when compared to mosques because muslims make call 2 prayer for 10minutes after which prayer is offered silently,
Whether it is for 2mins or 5hrs, Noise Pollution/Nuisance is the same.

If you are just falling asleep and all of a sudden, "Aaaaallllaaaaaarrrrr Wwwwaaaaakuuurrruuubbbbbaaaaa"! angry angry
That will not only jolt you up rudely, it will give you a migraine headache at once! shocked shocked

There is no excuse for any religion not to respect the "right to peaceful rest" of others.

Are you telling me that as a "True Muslim", you dont know when to go for morning worship except they wake the whole countri-people, on your behalf?
Even if you think you dont, what about setting up a "Daily Alarm" for 4am on your Clock and on all your phones?
There are even Sound Systems and TV that can be set to "Sleep and wake-Up" at any time you desire.

All these are viable alternatives to disturbing the shyte out of people.
Ignorance is our bane, we think God is deaf and therefore, "Unless we shout, he wont hear us?"

Lastpage!

BTW: l dont want us to read too much meaning into the "Islamic Background" of the Engineer. Lets keep our fingers crossed and watch if he is being partial by not making "noisy mosques" to face the same law. Its still early-days to complain.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by soulamanne(m): 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
@chuks419 and ifihearam;u guys are a pair of pigshi.t.must u read ur myopic religiou views into this?u are so dumb to see that the sanction is for pollution that come in the night and any mosque that errs too at night will be duely dealt with as well.and for u that find the mosque "noise" annoying,may u get annoyed all ur life.it piques one anger how some twerks sit behind their computers and say hogwashes.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by FXKing2012(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2012
This Muslim governor is out to shut down all the churches in Lagos and he must be resisted. Why are mosques not on the list despite waking everybody by 4am to shout.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by MeAndYou(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
I do not know the location of these churches except that of Lord's Chosen and I am forced to wonder if there is not more to it than meets the eyes because the church is in an industrial estate so I truly do not know if they are truly that lousy as claimed. However, if it is because of the population the church has that often times causes traffic after their services on sunday, they should let us know and not hide under the guise of noise. In all, this seems fishy for me.

Don't worry. It is not the HQ at Ijesha that they are talking about. It's just a branch at Lawanson. Thank God I'm at Mushin now, I may take out time to visit the branch this evening, since we have Revival Hour today(Tuesday). It's just a pity that this generation loves negative news more than good one. See the way this headline attracted overwhelming attention. May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, even the God of Chosen have mercy on His people o.

Well if there is noise pollution, what about internet pollution?

[size=14pt]Check this out[/size]

Antagonist Nollywood Director Saved from the Jaw of Death
http://chosennews.net/testimony/antagonistic-nollywood-director-saved-from-the-jaw-of-death/

From Chosen News
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Exponental(m): 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
So religious orgs now need use a docimeter(noise meas meter) 2 know output always.

I dont think Fash is religious sentimental, most churches overdo it.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by MeAndYou(m): 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2012
One of the biggest problems we have in Nigeria is bigotry. Whatever measure government carries out it has to indulge a strange kind of balancing act. Just because some churches are closed down for breaking the law some people want mosques to be closed down as well, whether they violate the law or not. Does that make any sense?

Ordinarily, I would have ignore this kind of post, but something need to be corrected.

Show me any mosque in Lagos that is currently not violating that whatever rule of noise pollution in Lagos. At least 5 of such?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Tokotaya: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2012
This is a good move. We can actually worship God without being obnoxiously noisy. Now LASEPA should move to the mosques, more churches and the notorious Beer Parlour at 322 Road FESTAC where loud music is played from 4pm till midnight denying infants and the elderly good sleep. Enough of this backwardness! EEish!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by 989900: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
"Love your neighbour as yourself", and you will turn down the volume. Christian, muslim or baba'lawo.

Trust me, it can be very annoying. . .of course sure barbaric (I once stayed @ my aunt's place in the '80s. . . sandwiched btw a cele church about 4 blocks away and our next door neighbour was this "ansar ud deen"  mosque)
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by MeAndYou(m): 5:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
[size=14pt]Behold His humble servant.
Pastor Lazarus Muoka is his name.
He is a good friend of Jesus.[/size]
Read some of the numerous things the Lord is using him to do at Chosen News: www.chosennews.net.
"Like" Chosen News on Facebook to be updated whenever it happens: http://www.facebook.com/ChosenNews

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Oceemo(m): 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
Dis na campaign against xtianity o whc level sef dat boko aram broda.O BOY UNA D HEAR D KIND NOISE WEY DOES MOSQUES THE MAKE SO,
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by jethro2: 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2012
Be it churches or mosques, the rate of noise pollution is alarming. Its a welcome idea. I pray it will be sustained. Kudos
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Joagbaje(m): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
What about mosques and their horn speakers blasting the air
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by onyxo76(m): 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
it seems to me that some phcn officials reside in my area. when its close to 4.30 am the electricity supply to my area goes off only to be restored just after 6 am. by then the early morning prayers of our moslem brothers would have been over. so we don't hear any call to early morning prayers in my area of residence.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by duke4ever: 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
lastpage:

I think its about time we all come together and support this kind of move.

Be it a Church or a Mosque, they all constitute a nuisance if they cannot "play their Music or their Preachings TO THEMSELVES, INSIDE THEIR CHURCH/MOSQUE!

Why must l listen to a Preacher-man's noise when l have decided that l have had enough dose of religious preachings, for myself?
Why must l be woken up by that rude cry of call to worship, every morning when l may just have arrived home from work (like people who work nights) and needed a sound sleep?

Dont Christians and Muslims know when to go to church/Mosque to pray (at least they can set their alarm clocks to remind them!)
You attend some churches and you come out with a pounding headache because the "Shout Halleluyah" noise level is crazy! I remember my baby used to shiver regularly in church (and at 5am when that silly Alfa starts blaring from his horn-speaker) when the Pastor starts shouting into the Microphone, just for "effects", abi we told him we were deaf?

BTW: I think we can all emulate the Jehovah's Witnesses. I have passed by their churches and have even visited friends whose house was located next to their place of worship and even though they use a Public address system, it is turned-up such that it covers only inside the church.
That is what l call "sensible worship" without becoming a nuisance to others.

Lastpage

Caveat: If it makes you happy, let me say that l am not a member of the Jehovah's Witness Sect but if we must be truthful, l am sure you'all will agree that they dont cause noise pollution like our churches and Mosques!
Yes, Jehovah's witnesses don't worship a deaf God neither do they have deaf worshipers. They realise what noise pollution is and the adverse effect of it on the immediate environment.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by tarano: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
There should be zoning laws that help to restrict certain activities be it religious zones, entertainment zones, residential zones, commercial zones, administrative zones, institutional zones, u can not compare the noise level at Balogun market  to a church or mosque, or is it a club to schools in the area, the problem with lagos is enforcement of Planning and zoning laws, simple,
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by sesco2006(m): 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
That muslim engr. should not indirectly engage in religious bigotry. If some churches constitute noise nuisance, that can be understandable at least. The noise coming from the mosques are so annoying and incoherent. Why should some churches be shut down first. Religious war?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by spyroxy1(m): 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
But why are people biased on this thread I wonder what people's disposition would be (muslim/xtian) to these sudden shout of "PRAISE DA LORD" in our buses and from there, it starts till,  sometimes the final bustops!

I thinks people should just have a sensual feeling of the next person/neighbor,

These are part of the things that causes problem for us as a nation. Imagine people's comment/posts,

We Nigerians are just one set of complex human beings with different ways of reasoning,

If you know the hour is odd, PLEASE REDUCE THE LEVEL OF YOUR NOISE, and are you trying to call/preach people KM away or rather let people know that there is business centre around? undecided

Please lets be reasonable! DON'T DISTURB UR NEIGHBORHOOD,  chikenna
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by ziccoit: 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
They make noises at every opportunity; inside the vehicle, in the hospital, offices, in the market, by the roadside with a bell jingle at idiotic rate etc.
 At the end,
they are the same adulterer, murderer, corrupter, liar etc
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by 9jauk: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
This reminds of my belated father,he was born muslim,buried in islamic norm,he once treating to sue a Mosque over d noise pollution,people got it wrong by saying all sort,realistically  this act is totally unacceptable in a modern soceity,good move if i must say,God bless lagosian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That / Ghanaian Prostitute Confesses To Killing 100 Men And Rendering 70 Impotent / Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.