Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

What Will You Sacrifice This Lenten Season? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will You Sacrifice This Lenten Season? (4547 Views)

Inspirationalquotes For The Lenten Season / The Christian Lenten Season Begins Today! Is This Analogous To Muslim Ramadan / Lenten Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Sacrifice This Lenten Season? by richy5(m): 8:47am On Feb 23, 2012
freecocoa:

So you Sacrifice just for the period of lent and then go back to those things afterwards,na today?if you want to sacrifice just give up sin and stop deceiving yourselves,what difference does it make abstaining from sin over a period of time and then knowingly go back to it after lent?seems like a waste of time to me.
Re: What Will You Sacrifice This Lenten Season? by jamp: 8:50am On Feb 23, 2012
people who should contribute to this topic are those who observe lent. if you don't observe lent please leave others and don't judge them or their religion.
child baptism or believe in purgatory, lent etc are none of your business. i have learnt that argument on this issue cannot convert one from Catholicism to Pentecostalism and verse visa.
why do you people always attack the catholic church and some orthodox churches. the bible says the gates of hell(including attacks on the church outside and within) will not destroy the church.

i personally will not criticize other churches because they dont ask their members to commit sin rather  the members  indulge in sin.

come to think of it pastors preach that heaven is better than this world yet they live in mansions buy jet wear expensive clothes while their members die in poverty. they should leave their comfort and die quickly for the sake of heaven (boko haram are doing that already though in a negative way)

please let us watch our comments because Nigeria is a religious country and any bad comment will hurt so many people.
Re: What Will You Sacrifice This Lenten Season? by OchukoII: 8:51am On Feb 23, 2012
Sex and anger
Re: What Will You Sacrifice This Lenten Season? by ehie007(m): 10:56am On Feb 23, 2012
you guys always crack me up here,

remember for your photography services book us at: www.emujphotography.com.ng
Re: What Will You Sacrifice This Lenten Season? by CELL2ME2: 5:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
lenten season is one the season in the church calender that every christian ( thank god that 2day its not only catholic programe anymore ) should reflect on his/her life cos it was said that unexamined life is not worth living

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Lesson Did You Learn From Christmas? / Any Christian Whatsapp Group To Get Christian Ebook From / The Revelation Story [ As John Might Have Told It Today ] - Jack Kelley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.