Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! (14251 Views)

Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari / Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic / “jonathan Or Not, Niger Delta ‘ll Resume Militancy This Year” – Annkio Briggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 23, 2012
To Protect GEJ! Annkio Briggs call on Niger Delta & Ndi-Igbo to break away!
NIGER DELTA OCCUPY NIGER DELTA RESOURCES

email: NDoccupyNDResources@yahoo.com

COMMUNIQUE

After a crucial general meeting held on Friday January 13, 2012 and attended by Chiefs, elders, women, youths and stakeholders of the Niger Delta in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, we are constrained to make our position known on recent and ongoing developments in our country.

We have noted the unfolding issues regarding the removal of subsidy on fuel and the rambunctious attitude of the North towards President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Fellow Nigerians, let us not forget that in the promise of keeping this country under the banner of One Nigeria, the Niger Delta people have usurped our goodwill and resources through the following:

•Neglect of our people politically and economically

•Sacrifice of our resources to Nigeria

•The long term and ongoing destruction of our environment

•The killings of our people

•The attacks and destruction of and on our communities

•The persistent opposition to the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan presidency, which has translated into high level violence as well as the ongoing killing of innocent Nigerians, particularly of Igbo origin among others.

We the long suffering, neglected, abused, and marginalized people of the Niger Delta find it very necessary at this point, after much consultation and analysis, to call our people to come back home.

For our survival, home is where we will feel safe and be better and more prepared to defend ourselves in the face of the level of neglect and abandonment of our region and our people after more than 50 years of providing for the country or entrapment designed by Lord Lugard for the benefits of others and to the detriment of our region, people and future.

We hereby call on all Niger Delta citizens and all oil-producing states and people to call the Federal Government and the Oil Companies in their enclave that the Oil and Gas and all other natural resources found or to be found in our land, creeks, water, mangroves and swamps belong to the peoples of the Niger Delta and other oil producing states.

Therefore, we consider the ongoing devastation of our land and waters as a serious violation of our Human Rights and Environment.

We also call on the Federal Government and the oil producing companies to take note of our resolve to resist the ongoing exploration and exploitation of oil and gas in our region. The activities of the Joint Venture between the Federal Government and the International Oil Companies are a violation of our birthright and economic rights.

We have also resolved to declare and call for
NIGER DELTANS OCCUPY NIGER DELTA RESOURCES (NDONDR).

We hereby peacefully insist on taking our resources back by all and any legal means available to us, nationally and internationally. It is our absolute right to reclaim our land, water, mangroves, swamps and creeks from the strange hands that have long held them hostage.

This clarion call is to all Niger Delta people who believe that the natural resources on their land is given to them by God Almighty.

Therefore, we have as of this date, 15th of January 2012, started the occupation of all our states and resources and call on all Niger Delta people to converge in protest to occupy our land, water, swamps, mangroves and creeks to protect our God-given resources.

After watching the events in reminiscence of the past since Independence to date (1960-2012), we are convinced that without this action we will have nothing for our future, our children and their children’s future.

This step is necessary as it is the only one left for the Niger Delta people otherwise we are condemning our nationalities and people to self-imposed slavery and destruction.

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan or Niger Delta people will not be slaves to Nigeria that has survived on injustice, mismanagement, corruption and massive fraud.

We the Ijaw and Niger Delta people are not prepared to be blackmailed and terrorized into a corner because of our God-given oil and gas.

We support the withdrawal of fuel subsidy even though as usual in the creeks and swamps we end up paying the highest price. We are opposed to and will continue to fight against mismanagement and corruption in Nigeria.

But having watched the goings on against the person of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, an Ijaw and Niger Delta son, over the past one week in the name of "PROTEST AGAINST SUBSIDY", it has become crystal clear to our people that we are neither wanted or needed as equals in this country that is made by Lord Lugard. We therefore have had enough of the distasteful, shameful and offensive open ridicule of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in the world and Nigeria media, instigated openly by self-proclaimed leaders, elders, intellectuals and men of different faith.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Niger Delta and all the resources found in the Niger Delta belong to Niger Delta people. All resources found in any other region of Nigeria belong to the people of such region.

We call on all our Niger Delta peoples, for the sake of our future, to look to our nearest neighbours, the Igbos, for immediate and strong alliance to enable the Niger Delta nations and the Igbo nation to face the obvious change that will come to Nigeria, in strength, justice, brotherhood and truth.

IF JONATHAN, A NIGER DELTA SON IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GOVERN NIGERIA, THE OIL IN HIS NIGER DELTA IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR NIGERIA.

IF THE NIGER DELTA PEOPLE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE PART OF GOOD GOVERNANCE IN NIGERIA, THEN OUR OIL AND GAS OF THE NIGER DELTA PEOPLE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR NIGERIA.

Signed

Annkio Briggs
PRESIDENT, AGAPE BIRTHRIGHTS and

CONVENER, NIGER DELTA OCCUPY NIGER DELTA RESOURCES

http://kayodeogundamisi..com/2012/01/insult-on-gej-annkio-briggs-call-on.html

1 Like

Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 23, 2012
this woman is losing the respect i have for her.Make she calm down,when the right time comes all man go answer em papa name.very soon i guess.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by sirjec(m): 10:49am On Feb 23, 2012
What did she say that is lie. Nigeria is a mistake. Hope they have seen their mistake. If Biafra was actualized, they would not have been suffering like this now
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 23, 2012
this woman with her paw-paw color skin. make she go sleep jor!
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by DuduNegro: 11:00am On Feb 23, 2012
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by DuduNegro: 11:01am On Feb 23, 2012
Briggs. . .is that her name?  Briggs' call is misplaced and very short sighted.  I am not sure the Igbos or any group in East for that matter and who is familiar with what is going on in Southern Cameroon is ready for a conflict or act of rebellion with Nigerian Govt.  It's just another shout into the void!
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by kokoA(m): 11:04am On Feb 23, 2012
Everybody wey go school go school small from Niger Delta na[b] 'Activist' [/b] these days undecided
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by karlmax2: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2012
Niger delta coming to there senses!nigeria Divide and rule falling apart,this gej government has made us knw our real enemies we can now Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ through all the lies that has been fed to us by the nigerian state the igbos were not our enemies afterall we can Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ that clearly now
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Beaf: 11:12am On Feb 23, 2012
The bags are ready. Korofo, blow ya whistle and let the train get moving. cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by ASOROCKb(m): 12:39pm On Feb 23, 2012
diluminati:

this woman with her paw-paw color skin. make she go sleep jor!
Boko haram, nigeria will soon be a history
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by emmke(m): 12:49pm On Feb 23, 2012
Split it already. There are peaceful ways of doing that u know. Cant seem to hear any word these days. Oil, split, oil, split, oil, split. Geezz
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by M17: 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
ALL WE ARE SAYING GIVE US OUR LAND BACK
ALL WE ARE SAYING SHUT OFF THE WHOLE OIL RIGS
ALL WE ARE SAYING LET THEM QUIT FROM SS/SE
ALL WE SAYING GIVE US BIAFRA
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by M17: 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
I USE TO BE A DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF ONE NIGERIA ,REASON BEEN THAT NIGERIA HAS MARKET AND ECONOMIC POTENTIAL THAT BASED ON ECONOMIC POWER OF NIGERIA MASSES ,IT HAS MARKET POTENTIAL MEANING GOOD ENVIRONMENT FOR ECONOMIC GROWTH AND INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT . GOOD PLACE FOR MANUFACTURING JOB ,A PLACE WHERE I'VE THOUGHT TO BE PLACE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ,A PLACE WHERE A DREAM WILL BE BORN BASED ON RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT .A PLACE WHERE MANY INTELLIGENT AND SCIENTIST SHOULD COME TOGETHER TO SHARE IDEA'S ,BASICALLY A PLACE WITH MANY INNOVATIVE MIND . BUT WOOLOOOO EVERY THING IS FUTILE ,NIGERIA IS MORE OF A DEAD COUNTRY ,FLAGGED DEAD ZONE .ZOMBIE LAND .NEGROAREA .DARK COUNTRY .
BUT NOW I AM A PREACHER AND SUPPORTER OF NEGROERIA BREAK UP . YES WE WANT BIAFRA ,YES BIAFRA . WE WILL EN MASS OUR SUPPORT AND RESOURCES FOR SS/SE REPUBLIC .WE WILL FORM OUR OWN ARMY .WE WILL GIVE NEGROARIAN'S NO TIME TO QUIT OUR LAND ,NO NEGOTIATION FOR OUR FREEDOM .BECAUSE THERE IS NO FREEDOM IN THAT APE LAND .YOU HEAR ME.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by kpogede77: 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2012
WHAT we need now is 1 AK47, IRPG, 1GPMG for evrey youth in the Niger Delta. Then we give all aboki 24hrs to leave our land or face death. It is very easy thing to do. I dont know why we delay this thing.It inevitable. Aboki must go let us rule ourselves. Whatever the disadvantage we have, we will manage it and come out strongly as brothers. THE WOMAN IS A REAR GEM, A WOMAN THAT WE ARE PROUD OF, IF YOU DONT LIKE HER, PLS HUG THE NEAREST TRANSFORMER
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2012
Nigeria is one of the greatest mistakes ever made on this earth by man. It is man that will correct it.
However, independence can be achieved without violence. We can start by educating our youths on creativity, productivity, self reliant, self determination and the need for independence.
Truth is, Nigeria has no future: the internal colonialist with special reference to the Jihardists, will never stop unless they are stopped.

Can we ever have a National idealogy? Can we ever come to agreement? Will Nigeria ever be one?
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by nduchucks: 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2012
Is still Annkio Briggs still walking around as a free person, she should have been arrested and put in jail already.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Dainfamous: 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2012
noblezone:

Nigeria is one of the greatest mistakes ever made on this earth by man. It is man that will correct it.
However, independence can be achieved without violence. We can start by educating our youths on creativity, productivity, self reliant, self determination and the need for independence.
Truth is, Nigeria has no future: the internal colonialist with special reference to the Jihardists, will never stop unless they are stopped.

Can we ever have a National idealogy? Can we ever come to agreement? Will Nigeria ever be one?

true talk
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Dede1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Is still Annkio Briggs still walking around as a free person, she should have been arrested and put in jail already.

You should be forced to wear a “shame on you” t-shirt for owning up to this irresponsible comment. I guess you understand what democracy is all about and mere statements or wishes do not constitute treason.

@Annkio.  The only thing I disagreed with Madam Briggs is wide reference to Niger Delta. I have no iota of intentions to assume the same nationality with certain peeps that walk in the so-called Niger Delta.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by kpogede77: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2012
Ndu chucks
dat woman is speaking for the whole ND, arrest her, you  must arrest all of us or else any thing that has Nigeria printed on it will go down. Try it and see action .OCCUPY YOUR RESOURCES
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Okijajuju1(m): 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2012
Who the Bleep is this retarded b'itch?! undecided
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by oduasolja: 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2012
buha. ok .u calling on everybody to leave. you want your oil. ok fine.

but your millions of people must also leave other peoples land.

you must leave the villages of other people.

leave the land of other people.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Dainfamous: 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2012
I can see fear with no diagnosis cheesy cheesy cheesy owners want their food back what a hell shocked
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by nduchucks: 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2012
Dede1:

You should be forced to wear a “shame on you” t-shirt for owning up to this irresponsible comment. I guess you understand what democracy is all about and mere statements or wishes do not constitute treason.

@Annkio. The only thing I disagreed with Madam Briggs is wide reference to Niger Delta. I have no iota of intentions to assume the same nationality with certain peeps that walk in the so-called Niger Delta.

You, of all people should know that you cannot hide under the guise of democracy and freedom of speech, while announcing to the world that your country should be thrown into chaos and war which would result into the killing of thousands, if not millions of your citizens.

There is nothing democratic about attempting to incite violence, you should be jailed if you go to a packed theatre and yell, Fire!! Madam should be locked up, shikena.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by 9jaIhail(m): 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

What the phuck are you talking about? arrest her because she pleaded that the banana should be remove out from your mouth? is better you guys wake up now and start planting granut in large quantity because oil money will soon be a history.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by OneNaira6: 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2012
I support her and everything she said.
Such true words spoken in one lecture
Well done madam. Well done

Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Eziachi: 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
I wish Madam Briggs and her ambition, all the best and I hope that she and her people succeeds but please she should left Igbos/Biafran people out of her ambition of a new united country that will involved Ijaws and Igbos.
No chance in abyss for that.

Ijaw alone is big enough to be on their own as many nations in the world are less than a million people. Again may she succeeds without us, we are just happy to be peaceful neighbours.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Eziachi: 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You, of all people should know that you cannot hide under the guise of democracy and freedom of speech, while announcing to the world that your country should be thrown into chaos and war which would result into the killing of thousands, if not millions of your citizens.

There is nothing democratic about attempting to incite violence, you should be jailed if you go to a packed theatre and yell, Fire!!  Madam should be locked up, shikena.
Sorry Sir, the word divorce is not the same as war or chaos. The use of fear as a weapon of keeping Nigeria one for the benefits of its owners/reapers doesn't work anymore. Even the most skeptic are wising up at last.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Yeske2(m): 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
Ijaws learning their mistakes now, first it was Asari Dokubo and now Ms Briggs. Ok let's see how it all unfolds.
**Tapping my fingers on the table **
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by youngmonie: 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2012
I still haVent found an answer, "IF THE WASNT OIL IN THE NIGER DELTA WOULD THE THEN MILITARY GOVERNMENT HAVE ALLOWED IGBOS TO FORM BAIFRA?"
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by nduchucks: 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
Eziachi:

Sorry Sir, the word divorce is not the same as war or chaos. The use fear as a weapon of keeping Nigeria one for the benefits of its owners/reapers doesn't work anymore. Even the most skeptic are wising up at last.

I understand your biases since you are a civil war veteran who should be respected for his services. But I have news for you, you lost the war!!! I'm sorry to inform you that your governors and other leaders in your village, will be the very people who will arrest and throw you in jail, as soon as you restart your treasonous campaign to tear the country apart.

My advise to you people is to learn how to properly participate in the democratic and political process in play, so that you will not be left behind perpetually.

Happy New Year, BTW.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by noiseless: 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
Bros i disagree with you oo! on this one infact you know millions of us support her and ASARI DOKUBO,so bros you are on your own and you know you don't wanna delay our zion train. Whatever differences between the IJAWS and IGBOS however sad,you must agree with me that it was fabricated,planted and forced down people's throats by the usual suspects, the "OWNERS OF NIGERIA" and now people are seeing who the real enemy is,so pls this is time to show our mature nature. And 99.9% of us will choose the ijaws and other neighbours around us instead of those violent lots up north, we need our neighbours and they need us too to be in the same place or country with them afterall life can really be boring if it centres only around the families,so please we are one and have always been,even though the enemies forced their way in uninvited with their guns and threat of violence and starvation for over 40yrs the truth remains we both (IGBO,IJAW) and others have suffered alot in the hands of those who came between us, as all they ever cared for is only their own comfort and it is not gonna keep going forever. SO LET THE ZION TRAIN COME TAKE US HOME
Eziachi:

I wish Madam Briggs and her ambition, all the best and I hope that she and her people succeeds but please she should left Igbos/Biafran people out of her ambition of a new united country that will involved Ijaws and Igbos.
No chance in abyss for that.

Ijaw alone is big enough to be on their own as many nations in the world are less than a million people. Again may she succeeds without us, we are just happy to be peaceful neighbours.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2012
noiseless:

Bros i disagree with you oo! on this one infact you know millions of us support her and ASARI DOKUBO,so bros you are on your own and you know you don't wanna  delay our zion train.   Whatever differences between the IJAWS and IGBOS however sad,you must agree with me that it was fabricated,planted and forced down people's throats by the usual suspects,  the "OWNERS OF NIGERIA" and now people are seeing who the real enemy is,so pls this is time to show our mature nature.   And 99.9% of us will choose the ijaws and other neighbours around us instead of those violent lots up north, we need our neighbours and they need us too to be in the same place or country with them afterall life can really be boring if it centres only around the families,so please[b]  we are one and have always been,even though the enemies forced their way in uninvited with their guns and threat of violence and starvation for over 40yrs the truth remains we both (IGBO,IJAW) and others have suffered alot in the hands of those who came between us, as all they ever cared for is only their own comfort and it is not gonna keep going forever.    SO LET THE ZION TRAIN COME TAKE US HOME [/b]

My name is [b]Onlytruth [/b]and I endorse this comment POWERFULLY.  cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sambo's Supporters Die In Autocrash. / Herdsmen Tormenting Us - Imeko-Afon, Ogun Community Writes Governor Abiodun / Lai Desperate To Revive Dead Career - Atiku-Okowa Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.