Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! (14278 Views)

Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari / Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic / “jonathan Or Not, Niger Delta ‘ll Resume Militancy This Year” – Annkio Briggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by noiseless: 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
Wouldn't it be better if we channel our disappointment towards ohaneze bro? I personally will rather consider seriously what dokubo and briggs are saying than those on the streets because it takes the leaders to change and educate followers,the same way nigerian government has been feeding them with lies and brainwashing them, is the same way the dokubos and briggs will educate them about the truth for their common good.
pazienza:

I agree with chinenye and ezeuche,majority of south south people talk and reason like ephomoghan,it's only an igbo person that have not lived amongst these people that will take Dokubo and briggs serious.

Something tells me that all these their talk of alliance has something to do with GEJ secret ambition of staying in aso rock beyound 2015,( he is no mandela)they will need igbo votes again.

These people think we are foolish,enugu airport is still unfinished,no second niger bridge yet,if things remain this way beyound this year,then Ohanaeze has serious questions to answer to ndiigbo. One thing is sure,2015 is going to be a year to remember.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 12:07am On Mar 02, 2012
noiseless:

Wouldn't it be better if we channel our disappointment towards ohaneze bro? I personally will rather consider seriously what dokubo and briggs are saying than those on the streets because it takes the leaders to change and educate followers,the same way nigerian government has been feeding them with lies and brainwashing them, is the same way the dokubos and briggs will educate them about the truth for their common good.

Thank you my brother!
That is exactly why I'm not thinking and talking the same way as ChinenyeN and co. Believe me, I have my own feelings, but they have nothing to do with COLLECTIVE IGBO INTEREST.
The position that I've chosen to take and advocate here is what I believe is the best for Ndigbo (and hopefully our neighbors). I cannot afford to allow my sentiments becloud my vision for the collective good of both Igbo and our neighbors.

I would rather listen to the Asaris, Briggs and Beaf's cool , than some semi-literate folks running around the delta talking trash. As far as I'm concern, Edwin Clark is the only educated character/leader supporting the division between the two zones, and he is dying! cool (I believe he won't be relevant 10 years from now). His followers will be overwhelmed by a resurgent united East (SE and SS). cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 12:20am On Mar 02, 2012
pazienza:

I agree with chinenye and ezeuche,majority of south south people talk and reason like ephomoghan,it's only an igbo person that  have not  lived amongst these people that will take Dokubo and briggs serious.

Something tells me that all these their talk of alliance  has something to do with GEJ  secret ambition of staying in aso rock beyound 2015,( he is no mandela)they will need igbo votes again.

These people think we are foolish,enugu airport is still unfinished,no second niger bridge yet,if things remain this way beyound this year,then Ohanaeze has serious questions to answer to ndiigbo. One thing is sure,2015 is going to be a year to remember.

GEJ will likely be judged by his records and achievement BEFORE 2015. You are right that he needs to deliver at least ONE fully functional international airport in the SE, and fix that Niger bridge this year, else he will start to lose support in SE.

Having said that, we are not unmindful of some of his "achievements" and exploits in Nigeria so far.
I am personally happy that he rose to the occassion when Ojukwu fell sick and had to be flown overseas. He fully answered that call. He has also shown himself to be Ezigbo nwa Eastern Nigeria by giving FULL presidential support to the National burial for Ojukwu. He is fully answering his fathers name as far as Ojukwu is concerned.

He could have distanced himself from it all as the sitting president of Nigeria (and knowing Nigeria well, I'm sure he must have been pressured by Igbo haters to stay away). He didn't and is still fully engaged in it. Also, if you also look very carefully and very closely, you would see that GEJ is gradually bringing back Ndigbo into the "scheme of things" in Nigeria. So, this man would not be so easy to throw under the bus!

His head is firmly on his shoulders. Let us just keep watching him. 2015 is still far somehow.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by ChinenyeN(m): 12:51am On Mar 02, 2012
A people can only be led as far as they willing to be led. In an earlier post, [B]Beaf[/b] gave an indication that SS leaders, such as Dokubo, command a great following. If there is any time to prove that, it would be in the upcoming years. If SS leaders can actually assert such influence and foster a pivotal alliance between them and SE, then maybe our future with our neighbors might be something to look forward to. BUT, as far as I history has shown, it is complete naivety to think that the collective sentiment/prejudice of a people can be ignored. Dokubo and co have a lot of work to do on their own people, before there can be any real movement forward.

In many ways Onlytruth and Noiseless, I am in agreement with you, but I just don't you should be putting so much faith in the words of Dokubo & co.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by pazienza(m): 1:01am On Mar 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

Thank you my brother!
That is exactly why I'm not thinking and talking the same way as ChinenyeN and co. Believe me, I have my own feelings, but they have nothing to do with COLLECTIVE IGBO INTEREST.
The position that I've chosen to take and advocate here is what I believe is the best for Ndigbo (and hopefully our neighbors). I cannot afford to allow my sentiments becloud my vision for the collective good of both Igbo and our neighbors.

I would rather listen to the Asaris, Briggs and Beaf's cool , than some semi-literate folks running around the delta talking trash. As far as I'm concern, Edwin Clark is the only educated character/leader supporting the division between the two zones, and he is dying! cool (I believe he won't be relevant 10 years from now). His followers will be overwhelmed by a resurgent united East (SE and SS). cool

Isn't it possible that you are repeating Ojukwu's mistakes, Ojukwu had most of the prominent ijaw leaders in the eastern house supporting the biafra project,wasn't the name 'biafra' chosen by one of those Ijaw leaders by the name Opugo,isn't it possible that Ojukwu was aware of the minorities resentment of ndiigbo, but was rather hoping that those ijaw leaders he had with him would just wave their magic wand and everything would be fine?
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 1:09am On Mar 02, 2012
ChinenyeN:

A people can only be led as far as they willing to be led. In an earlier post, [B]Beaf[/b] gave an indication that SS leaders, such as Dokubo, command a great following. If there is any time to prove that, it would be in the upcoming years. If SS leaders can actually assert such influence and foster a pivotal alliance between them and SE, then maybe our future with our neighbors might be something to look forward to. BUT, as far as I history has shown, it is complete naivety to think that the collective sentiment/prejudice of a people can be ignored. Dokubo and co have a lot of work to do on their own people, before there can be any real movement forward.

In many ways Onlytruth and Noiseless, I am in agreement with you, but I just don't you should be putting so much faith in the words of Dokubo & co.

This is why I hereby advocate a joint SE/SS governors forum (or Eastern governors forum if you like), just like we have Northern governors forum. I lament that most of our governors are not so politically deft. They are the most equipped to plant and nuture such thinking.
For example, NOW (that the North is agitating for a review of revenue sharing formula) is the perfect time to form this governors forum.
The forum should put the politics of the two zones beyond the reach of the Edwin Clarks and other recidivistic characters in both zones. We need to move BOLDLY FORWARD JOINTLY in Nigerian politics. If we don't, our natural resources would be declared open sesame.

I wish I have contacts with any Eastern owned media house, I would have urged them to constantly publish whatever happens between the SE and SS to enable us ordinary folks follow what is going on. We cannot be pu-s-sy footing around things in Nigeria leaving room for vocal, short sighted and semi-literate sectional goons to dictate things.
I would have even advocated a strong Southern governors forum, but Yorubas have not shown themselves to be trustworthy.

So, I stick to the SE/SS forum for now.  cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 1:19am On Mar 02, 2012
pazienza:

Isn't it possible that you are repeating Ojukwu's mistakes, Ojukwu had most of the prominent ijaw leaders in the eastern house supporting the biafra project,wasn't the name 'biafra' chosen by one of those Ijaw leaders by the name Opugo,isn't it possible that Ojukwu was aware of the minorities resentment of ndiigbo, but was rather hoping that those ijaw leaders he had with him  would just wave their magic wand and everything would be fine?

I've said it before here and I would say it again, we could have done more to share responsibility for the success or failure of the war. The crisis started as one between the East and the North. Easterners irrespective of tribe were hunted down and killed in the North and West. So, I don't like how, when Gowon created 12 states, it immediately isolated us Igbo from other Easterners, leading to some of them joing Nigeria to fight us. I have to admit that I may be saying this because I have that "hindsight is 20/20 advantage"; it may still be typical me which believe in never ceding my territory for anybody. We were fighting Hausa/Fulani, but Gowon was not Hausa/Fulani; he isn't even a Muslim. He is Christian!

So, my point is that we allowed our opponents in the North to out-maneuver us, not that we never allowed our neighbors any role in the war.
I really hope I don't speak more on this!
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by aljharem(m): 1:30am On Mar 02, 2012
^^^^

Onlylies grin grin grin grin

Yes easterners Igbos were killed in the north because of gloating

When were Igbos killed in the west, Provide a link for your claim

Yes Igbos were killed in the South-south, asaba, port harcourt etc

Also, I am loving this SS/SE thing. It is really cool

I wonder what happened to SS/SE/MB undecided what a shame.

carry on Onlytruth once you provide any evidence of killing in the west.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 1:33am On Mar 02, 2012
^^

What is the name of that "Calabar" army officer killed on top of Carter Bridge in Lagos?
Was he Igbo?
Was he not killed in the West?

Look for the link yourself.
Freaking hyena.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by aljharem(m): 1:37am On Mar 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

^^

What is the name of that "Calabar" army officer killed on top of Carter Bridge in Lagos?
Was he Igbo?
Was he not killed in the West?

Look for the link yourself.
Freaking hyena.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tell me his name because I am not aware of any calabar solider. you f-ing lair

If you are sure, provide a link for you claim or even a name. MUMU
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by aljharem(m): 1:40am On Mar 02, 2012
Onlytruth, wetin do you cat cut your tongue shocked shocked shocked
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by aljharem(m): 1:44am On Mar 02, 2012
So Onlytruth, you lied again as usual

[size=13pt]if I did not catch you out now, Ideeiots like you looking high to you as an elder emeritus (baifra) on NL and Eze ndigbo Nairaland would believe the rubbish you have been posting.

total trash.
[/size]
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 1:54am On Mar 02, 2012
^^
Okay, let me save you.  grin
His name is Major Ekandem.

Google his name and come back.  cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by aljharem(m): 2:44am On Mar 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

^^
Okay, let me save you.  grin
His name is Major Ekandem.

Google his name and come back.  cool

LOL onlylies, I just googled his name and even went to Books etc did not find any major ekandem.

Maybe you can do the honours by providing a link to Major Ekandem being killed in Lagos or west.

Thanks eze ndigbo Nairaland
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by aljharem(m): 2:52am On Mar 02, 2012
What a shame, onlytruth eze ndigbo a representative of Igbos on the Internet was caught lying cry cry cry

What sort of example is he setting for like of Ezeuche aka PointB, Afam4eva and co who are still growing up to find there feet in this wicked world ?

To be a lair is one thing, to be a leader of an ethnic group and be caught lying is another undecided
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by BlackPikiN(m): 2:55am On Mar 02, 2012
Dnt be too excited agwo!
Major Ekanem was shot dead on carter bridge in Lagos by your brothers.
You will always remain a criminal!
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by BlackPikiN(m): 2:59am On Mar 02, 2012
I will also want you to post the links when you find them because you are an expert in provding links.
Yeye nama!
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by aljharem(m): 3:05am On Mar 02, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Dnt be too excited agwo!
Major Ekanem was shot dead on carter bridge in Lagos by your brothers.
You will always remain a criminal!

And it by my brothers.

According to Onlytruth, South-southerners were targeted. Always trying to draw company with una

Major Ekanem was just another solider killed during the eve of the baifra war that was cause by Igbos themselves

so what gives

Now my turn, let me show you the people your brothers killed because of ethnocentric reasons

1. Bello

2. Akintola

3. Ademounga, wife and unborn child

4. Tafa balewa in lagos (yes you killed all those people in their respective turf)

etc

Now here is one for you as well

Fajuyi felt quite safe. However, on the 25th of July, a contingent of heavily armed troops, all of the Northerners, speeded from a nearby Barracks to The Governors Lodge Ibadan. The time was about 8pm. Fajuyi was entertaining his guest, General Agui-Ironsi. The troops easily got access to the sitting room. Without being announced, they forced themselves into the sitting room. They knew their victims. Without any ceremony, they ordered General Ironsi to stand up and be searched. With no struggle from Ironsi, he obeyed. One of them began to handcuff Ironsi. Fajuyi could not comprehend what was happening. "You can't do that” he bellowed.  "Why? You keep away “The most senior officer of the troops ordered Fajuyi.  “He is my guest, and you can't do that to him right in my house” "We've come to take him away” Responded one of the officers. "Take him away to where?” "That's none of your business; you keep away and sit down”, ordered the most senior of the rebel officers. But Fajuyi continued " I am a Yoruba; and we Yorubas do not allow gangsters to kidnap our guests from our home I can't let you hurt him “Fajuyi insisted. “Very well; Yoruba man; we'll teach you a lesson. We'll take both of you, “said the senior officer as he administered a hard blow on the face of Fajuyi. Then the troops pushed him and Ironsi into a waiting Land Rover.
(J)    Both men were then driven to a nearby bush and shot. The time was only nine o’clock

http://www.ndrm.typepad.com/
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 3:11am On Mar 02, 2012
As Gowon struggled to stabilize himself in power, random murders of Eastern Region soldiers continued to occur. On August 12 (1966), several NCOs from Eastern Region were rounded up and killed by Northern soldiers in Apapa, Lagos. Less than two weeks before that, the army's Provost Marshal, Major Ibanga Ekanem (as Eastern officer of the Annang ethnic group) and his driver were shot dead at a checkpoint on Carter Bridge by sergeant Lapdam while en route to an errand for Gowon.

Source: Oil, Politics and Violence (Max Siollun).

alj-harem, your brothers were very much at home killing ALL Easterners.  cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by aljharem(m): 3:13am On Mar 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

As Gowon struggled to stabilize himself in power, random murders of Eastern Region soldiers continued to occur. On August 12 (1966), several NCSs from Eastern Region were rounded up and killed by Northern soldiers in Apapa, Lagos. Less than two weeks before that, the army's Provost Marshal, Major Ibanga Ekanem (as Eastern officer of the Annang ethnic group) and his driver were shot dead at a checkpoint on Carter Bridge by sergeant Lapdam while en route to an errand for Gowon.

Source: Oil, Politics and Violence (Max Siollun).

alj-harem, your brothers were very much at home killing ALL Easterners.  cool
alj harem:

And it by my brothers.

According to Onlytruth, South-southerners were targeted. Always trying to draw company with una

Major Ekanem was just another solider killed during the eve of the baifra war that was cause by Igbos themselves

so what gives

Now my turn, let me show you the people your brothers killed because of ethnocentric reasons

1. Bello

2. Akintola

4. Tafa balewa in lagos (yes you killed all those people in their respective turf)

etc

Now here is one for you as well

Fajuyi felt quite safe. However, on the 25th of July, a contingent of heavily armed troops, all of the Northerners, speeded from a nearby Barracks to The Governors Lodge Ibadan. The time was about 8pm. Fajuyi was entertaining his guest, General Agui-Ironsi. The troops easily got access to the sitting room. Without being announced, they forced themselves into the sitting room. They knew their victims. Without any ceremony, they ordered General Ironsi to stand up and be searched. With no struggle from Ironsi, he obeyed. One of them began to handcuff Ironsi. Fajuyi could not comprehend what was happening. "You can't do that” he bellowed.  "Why? You keep away “The most senior officer of the troops ordered Fajuyi.  “He is my guest, and you can't do that to him right in my house” "We've come to take him away” Responded one of the officers. "Take him away to where?” "That's none of your business; you keep away and sit down”, ordered the most senior of the rebel officers. But Fajuyi continued " I am a Yoruba; and we Yorubas do not allow gangsters to kidnap our guests from our home I can't let you hurt him “Fajuyi insisted. “Very well; Yoruba man; we'll teach you a lesson. We'll take both of you, “said the senior officer as he administered a hard blow on the face of Fajuyi. Then the troops pushed him and Ironsi into a waiting Land Rover.
(J)    Both men were then driven to a nearby bush and shot. The time was only nine o’clock

Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by BlackPikiN(m): 3:16am On Mar 02, 2012
You are not making any sense.
what's ur arguement again? that no Ekanem was killed right.

As for Akintola, i still wonder if He was a devil incarnate or the devil himself.
How can a premier give a hate speech. Most Nigerians who arent from the SW dont know the gravity of that speech because He spoke in his language.
That speech should rank as the greatest hate speech by any leader in Africa. If it were a man from the SE who made that, mehn, I just wonder.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 3:16am On Mar 02, 2012
Fact remains that Easterners (irrespective of tribe) were being killed in North and West. The Northerners wanted to do the same in the East, it didn't happen.
All non-Easterners in the East were given safe passage to return to their regions even with arms.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread with silly irrelevant diversions.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by aljharem(m): 3:24am On Mar 02, 2012
BlackPikiN:

You are not making any sense.
what's ur arguement again? that no Ekanem was killed right.

As for Akintola, i still wonder if He was a devil incarnate or the devil himself.
How can a premier give a hate speech. Most Nigerians who arent from the SW dont know the gravity of that speech because He spoke in his language.
That speech should rank as the greatest hate speech by any leader in Africa. If it were a man from the SE who made that, mehn, I just wonder.

Do you even understand what Akintola said ? maybe you can summarise it to us here.

All what Akintola and Bello said are well supported idealogies even to this very day and not only in the west and north but also in the south-south.

Why do you think 70% of Oil workers are South-southerners ? Are they Igbos ? No

Why do you think South-southerners such as Ikwerri etc would tell an hausa or yoruba or Ijaw man that he is not Igbo even though his name is Emeka or so ?

Why do you think every region and state employs 50% of indigenes on the state before outsiders ?

Why do you think that IGBO controlled media, entertainment, buinesses etc would only employ Igbos with only few others

Those Ideology is what is making us tolerate each other. You as an Igbo man cannot go to Cross river in numbers asking for a job and only employing only Igbos. Ibibios would NOT allow it.

That was what Akintola and Bello were trying to pass across to their people.

According to Akintola which I strongly agree with him, our of 109 lectures in UI, 107 were Igbos and 3 yorubas even though there were yoruba lectures, He siad they employ themselves alone

And we all can still see the same today In Diamond Bank, Zeith Bank, Nollywood etc.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by aljharem(m): 3:27am On Mar 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

Fact remains that Easterners (irrespective of tribe) were being killed in North and West. The Northerners wanted to do the same in the East, it didn't happen.
All non-Easterners in the East were given safe passage to return to their regions even with arms.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread with silly irrelevant diversions.

Truly you are silly, you know what I find amazing ? your ignorance

I can identify a south-southerner even without his name. All he need to tell me is his idealogy. Easterners were not targeted

Onlytruth, were yorubas targeted by Biafran when they started their killing spree ?
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 4:08am On Mar 02, 2012
So, as I was saying before, if we don't unite, thieves from distant lands will declare open season on our natural (and human) resources and pillage it until it is completely depleted.
Almost every state in the East can be a country on its own, but we are better off if we move together whether to remain in Nigeria or to secede. If we remain apart, our aspirations will NEVER be attained because our enemies will always play one side against the other like alj-harem is trying to do here.

Let us just ignore him and continue our discussion. cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by htajz: 4:21am On Mar 02, 2012
what exactly is aljharem mission on nairaland nobody mentioned yoruba here, its strictly an eastern affair stop deviating the topic.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by BlackPikiN(m): 4:47am On Mar 02, 2012
alj harem:

Do you even understand what Akintola said ? maybe you can summarise it to us here.

All what Akintola and Bello said are well supported idealogies even to this very day and not only in the west and north but also in the south-south.

Why do you think 70% of Oil workers are South-southerners ? Are they Igbos ? No

Why do you think South-southerners such as Ikwerri etc would tell an hausa or yoruba or Ijaw man that he is not Igbo even though his name is Emeka or so ?

Why do you think every region and state employs 50% of indigenes on the state before outsiders ?

Why do you think that IGBO controlled media, entertainment, buinesses etc would only employ Igbos with only few others

Those Ideology is what is making us tolerate each other. You as an Igbo man cannot go to Cross river in numbers asking for a job and only employing only Igbos. Ibibios would NOT allow it.

That was what Akintola and Bello were trying to pass across to their people.

According to Akintola which I strongly agree with him, our of 109 lectures in UI, 107 were Igbos and 3 yorubas even though there were yoruba lectures, He siad they employ themselves alone

And we all can still see the same today In Diamond Bank, Zeith Bank, Nollywood etc.

Mehn You are a confirmed mo-RoN.
Are you talking to kids here? Imagine Nollywood, Zenith and Diamond.
Get the f0rk out!
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Ejine(m): 7:51am On Mar 02, 2012
Here's another funny news report I found in Punch Newspapers. This one says "Only 17 Students Passed WAEC In Gombe"

punchng.com/news/only-17-students-passed-waec-neco-in-gombe-don/

One would think these creatures like Alj Harem and Ndu Chuks would be worried about the deplorable embarrassment currently going on in their homes. But alas, here the moorons are, arguing about Igbo and the Niger-Delta.
grin
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by pazienza(m): 7:55am On Mar 02, 2012
Dede,i have never believed that fajuiyi story,i mean the story the hausa-fulani/yoruba have been propagating since after ironsi's death, whatever we know about what transpired in ibadan was only what they told us,and seeing how they have lied about everything else that occured in the build up to biafra war,one would be stupid to believe that story,for all i care,fajuiyi was murdered by the hausa/fulani because he was guilty by association and not because of the cooked up story about fajuiyi trying to defend ironsi, please Dede what do you think?
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Beaf: 9:53am On Mar 02, 2012
Lol! Its so funny how any talks between SS and SE peeps really exercises parasites like alj haram (a true fungal infection).

It shows one thing; the path we are on really alarms the knickers off the "owners of Nigeria."
They recognise and quake at the formidable force that both regions getting together would represent, it is saddening though that we still have some amongst us who are too scared and taken in by myths and fairytales to seize their own destinies from hateful strangers.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Dede1(m): 1:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
alj harem:

And it by my brothers.

so what gives

1. Bello

2. Akintola

etc

[b]Now here is one for you as well

Fajuyi felt quite safe. However, on the 25th of July, a contingent of heavily armed troops, all of the Northerners, speeded from a nearby Barracks to The Governors Lodge Ibadan. The time was about 8pm. Fajuyi was entertaining his guest, General Agui-Ironsi. The troops easily got access to the sitting room. Without being announced, they forced themselves into the sitting room. They knew their victims. Without any ceremony, they ordered General Ironsi to stand up and be searched. With no struggle from Ironsi, he obeyed. One of them began to handcuff Ironsi. Fajuyi could not comprehend what was happening. "You can't do that” he bellowed.  "Why? You keep away “The most senior officer of the troops ordered Fajuyi.  “He is my guest, and you can't do that to him right in my house” "We've come to take him away” Responded one of the officers. "Take him away to where?” "That's none of your business; you keep away and sit down”, ordered the most senior of the rebel officers. But Fajuyi continued " I am a Yoruba; and we Yorubas do not allow gangsters to kidnap our guests from our home I can't let you hurt him “Fajuyi insisted. “Very well; Yoruba man; we'll teach you a lesson. We'll take both of you, “said the senior officer as he administered a hard blow on the face of Fajuyi. Then the troops pushed him and Ironsi into a waiting Land Rover.
(J)    Both men were then driven to a nearby bush and shot. The time was only nine o’clock

[/b]

This is one of the most idiotic drivels I have ever read on this forum. Even if this is an act in a plot organized by the Boys Company from Zaria military school, the script would have been rejected by the squad leaders. What a pathetic desperation to look relevant in a political telescope.

Francis Fajuiyi was not the first soldier to confront team of coup plotters nor uttered such words because there was no time or ear to listen to such nonsensical sermon from a soldier who has no command of a broom.

The soldiers who confronted the team of coup plotters in government house in Ibadan were Njoku and Nwankwo. Andy Nwankwo even drew a pistol on T Danjuman who had grenade with the pin pulled. I had been resourcefully informed that events which took place in government house was more of a military style action than sermon reading scene depicted by this excerpt from publication of 1967 western region of Nigeria’s gazette.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by pazienza(m): 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2012
Dede1:

This is one of the most idiotic drivels I have ever read on this forum. Even if this is an act in a plot organized by the Boys Company from Zaria military school, the script would have been rejected by the squad leaders. What a pathetic desperation to look relevant in a political telescope.

Francis Fajuiyi was not the first soldier to confront team of coup plotters nor uttered such words because there was no time or ear to listen to such nonsensical sermon from a soldier who has no command of a broom.

The soldiers who confronted the team of coup plotters in government house in Ibadan were Njoku and Nwankwo. Andy Nwankwo even drew a pistol on T Danjuman who had grenade with the pin pulled. I had been resourcefully informed that events which took place in government house was more of a military style action than sermon reading scene depicted by this excerpt from publication of 1967 western region of Nigeria’s gazette.       

I thought as much,that role they played fajuiyi in that their cooked up story,was what gave them away,i have always found it difficult to believe that a yoruba man could play that role.Unfortunately that cooked up story has been repeated times without number,so much that some igbo people now believe it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Maina’s Return: We Did Our Best – Magu / Kwankwaso Submits his Nomination Form at PDP Headquarter / Just In: Senate Reconvenes, Adjourns To March 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.