Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. (1127 Views)

Brass LGA Now Trending In Twitter: See What People Are Saying (snapshot) / #Nnamdikanu Trending In Nigeria After 'arrest' - BBC / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. by BizBooks(m): 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2012
This has been a hot topic of discussion here in the US in the past few days. Why, you may ask. Well, Rick Santorum the current front runner in the republican race for candidate in the 2012 presidential election said the following back in 2008:

"Satan has his sights on the United States of America!

"Satan is attacking the great institutions of America, using those great vices of pride, vanity, and sensuality as the root to attack all of the strong plants that has so deeply rooted in the American tradition."

Since this statement surfaced a few days ago, several political pundits have expressed surprise that a candidate for US presidency could make a statement referencing satan. Most of them acknowledged the existence of evil but were reluctant to admit there is a “Satan” somewhere plotting to attack the US. As this issue was threatening to derail his candidacy, Mr Santorum was forced to make some clarification. He now says he intended to say “evil” and not “satan” in that statement.

Most people of faith believe in the existence of Satan. But putting faith aside, can that belief be supported with any Philosophical or Scientific argument? If so, why did nobody come to the defense of Mr Santorum forcing him to drop the use of the word, satan.
Re: Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. by nduchucks: 4:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
Satan does exist. His handwriting is on many threads on NL. Frankly I don't believe he speaks Fulfulde.
Re: Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. by LogicMind: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2012
spoke with him last night.
he thanked me and said: "my child, continue. your rewards will be great hereafter."
Re: Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2012
If theres good, theres gotta be evil.

If theres a force supporting good, theres gotta be a force supporting evil.

Whats its name?
Re: Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. by Lasinoh: 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2012
Hmmmm!!!
Blame the devil and forget the "God" who created it! grin
Re: Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^^^

Theres computers, then theres viruses spread through same computers, Do we "blame" computers as bad?

Closest analogy I can give to your post.
Re: Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. by LogicMind: 2:16am On Feb 24, 2012
kingoflag:

^^^^^

Theres computers, then theres viruses spread through same computers, Do we "blame" computers as bad?

Yes.
No computer, no virus. Comprendre?
Re: Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Feb 24, 2012
[size=13pt]No brain, no Alzeheimers? right?? No body/organic tissue, no cancer!!! [/size]

Re: Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. by Nobody: 3:38am On Feb 24, 2012
There4 No God No Satan abi? Una try no be small.
Re: Does Satan Exist? Trending In U.S Politics. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2012
Lmaooo Kobojunkie and Byron I love your responses.

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Nigerians:where Do U See This Country In 10yrs Time With GEJ / ACN Awards 4km Of Road Contract To Tinubu's Hitech For 5.8 Billion Naira. Chei. / Demdem: Nigeria Is In A Civil War.. And Boko Haram Is A Rebellion Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.