Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? (7862 Views)

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Nobody: 2:05am On Feb 25, 2012
jobfront:

A friend went to worship in a particular church last sunday throug a member's invitation, and when it was time to share testimonies of how God has been faithful to the members, Sister T. rose from the congregation to share her testimony of a miracle job, and she went ahead to telling the whole congregation how God answered her prayers and she got this wonderful job through a man she hardly knew, never met before, and he just directed her where to go, and she went and a job of N120,000 salary with allowances & bonuses was given to her the next day just like that, no application, no interview besides, when can you start and we hope you can do the job. And the congregation couldn't stop clapping and cheering her even after she had went back to her seat, all eyes was on Sister T. till the end of the service, and every male member wanted to meet with her. My friend was dumbfounded because he was the one that gave Sister T. that connection, which was after she agreed to sleep with him twice (don't curse my friend, majority of men do same), and Sister T. never knew he came to her church and never envisaged it.

This other testimony was given by a guy I know too well that he is a yahoo yahoo guy, and he also shared his in a diff. church (mine), how God connected him to an unknown foreigner who just sent him $25,000  just like that, AGAIN OO!!

So looking at testimonies like these few I shared here, do church members share testimony to glorify God or to glorify themselves pls? Still wondering what people are up to in this our days, 
Abegi, lets hear word. People do things in church for different reasons (best known 2 them). The question now is Y Do You go to church? undecided
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by oladayo042: 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2012
Testimonies can be funny sometimes. This thread made me remember a guy who testified in a crusade of over 5000 people and said: "I have been praying to God for financial breakthrough but last week when I check my email, I decided to see what's in spam and I got a message saying 'you have won $1b' and I was told to submit my bank account number for collection the following week (after the crusade)."

I just laugh that day like Is dis guy new on the internet?
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by kingzson1: 8:32am On Mar 07, 2013
Biggoozz: SEUN, SHAME ON YOU AND YOUR MODERATORS THAT DERIVE PLEASURE IN PUBLISHING DIVISIVE AND ANTI-CHRISTIAN TOPICS ON THE FRONT PAGES AGAINST YOUR CREATOR!!!

IF YOU GUYS ARE DOING THIS TO GAIN MORE TRAFFIC FOR YOUR BIZ OR FOR PLEASURE, YOU ARE DOOMED!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO YOURSELVES!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does "yookos" Mean? / Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? / 5 Dangers Of Making Excuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.