Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1023) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443638 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
wiseone1111:
please can someone explain what treasury bill means, I will like to know more.

Read some earlier pages of this thread, you will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Poanan: 10:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
ositadima1:

What do you think should be a realistic return on a rental property, sir?

I am a female, I dont know why i did not specify that at the point of registration but that is okay. From what i see around, a return of 500k max is more realistic. I am not saying N1m is not possible but i feel there is more to it. I just hope it is not a house owned by a family and one person is trying to be smart. Most times the family will come for you and it does not end well.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 12:34am On Jan 02, 2020
I see. Thanks.

richforever123:

The Nigerian Stock Index is plummeting, buy now and you will lose your money, although some company stocks made some profit
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 12:36am On Jan 02, 2020
C505:

Yes. It'll shock you to know ahmadiya is like no 1 in Lagos with constant power supply.

I can tell you boastfully that I live around abiok where power is like 15-18hrs daily. My gen hasn't been put on like a very long time except now that there's no light. Pretty sure it'll be back soon.

People in ahmadiya gets a whole lot like they're cursed with light

The ''bolded'' got me laughing really hard... grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 1:13am On Jan 02, 2020
Jaydee009:

The Nigerian stock market is full of uncertainties at the moment. It has been that way for a long time now.

People who invested in mutual funds for stocks and equities are at a loss at the moment.

The bolded is a true statement. It's better to learn the ropes of stocks and equities yourself than to go the mutual funds' route

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by partnerbiz4: 4:22am On Jan 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

During the 2019 annual award for Dangcem cement distributors. Major distributors went home with cash prizes ranging from N10 million to N200 million, a total of over N2 billion was shared as incentives to the distributors

ahiboilandgas:
yes for top sellers

Oh

I thought the incentive was for everyone depending on your selling capacity.

Only top sellers?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:31am On Jan 02, 2020
partnerbiz4:

Oh

I thought the incentive was for everyone depending on your selling capacity.

Only top sellers?

A total of N2.3 billion was shared, the grand prize winner got N200 million

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by partnerbiz4: 5:01am On Jan 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

A total of N2.3 billion was shared, the grand prize winner got N200 million
tnx
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by martin123: 6:13am On Jan 02, 2020
Good morning all. Please, if there is any other forum, where treasury bills is discussed, someone should send me a link, because I can see that they’ve turned this one to something else. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 7:49am On Jan 02, 2020
7 ways to make 2020 better than 2019.

- A THREAD

Dr. Tayo Oyedeji
@tayooye

When was the last time you heard of a black university dropout CEO?

White people have one key advantage. Everyone assumes they are smart until they prove otherwise. It’s the exact opposite for black folks. You’re black & stupid until you prove otherwise.

1b . Learn

Unfortunately, your MBA/PhD/ACCA/PMP etc is the only reason some people will give you a chance.

Dear young, black professional, get that degree and the next one, and the one after. It will earn you some benefit of doubt and open doors that are shut against you.

2a. Save.

I know someone who spent $24,054 on his mom’s cataract/glaucoma surgery last year.

He could only afford to do that because he saved 40 – 60% of his salary throughout his career.

Will your mom go blind if she were in that situation?

2b. Save.

What will you do if you get a great opportunity but don’t have the funds to do the deal?

Vacations will come and go. Styles and trends will change and fade. Only idiots spend all their income on ephemeral things.

Make a conscious decision to save in 2020.

3a .Love.

Find something you love and do it.

What do you love to do outside of work? Who do you love to spend time with?

Make a conscious effort to do something you love and to spend time with people you love in 2020.

3a. Love.

I love this song, it reminds me of the sometimes unplanned nature of love.

Title: Who you love.

Artist: John Mayer & Katy Perry
Link:
John Mayer - Who You Love ft. Katy Perry (Official Music Video)
John Mayer's official music video for 'Who You Love'. Click to listen to John Mayer on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/JMayerSpotify?IQid=JMayerWUL As featured o...
youtube.com

4.Contribute.

Give back to your community. The entire value of someone’s earnest prayer is $10.

You can meet that need while hustling for your $100k.

Don’t wait for all your dreams to come true before you make yourself the source of someone’s joy.

Help people in 2020.

5. Work.

Hard work never killed anybody.

Last month we kicked off a soft launch of Overwood (http://overwood.ng), a FinTech investment platform I lead, and I had to work 14 hours every day in December.

Hard, intense, strategic work is the only way to move forward.

6. Invest.

Open at least two investment accounts to diversify your investments. You obviously don’t want to place all your investments in any single basket.

Read this thread to understand why this is necessary.

7.Play.

The only certainties in life are tax and death. It is 100% certain that we are all going to die someday.

Let’s work hard, save, and invest.

But please, let’s also enjoy our time here.

Happy New Year!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2020
Telll emefele i don invest in the real economy make him raise t.b rates ,welder ,tyre man ,service oil ,license office painting man don benefit

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2020
martin123:
Good morning all. Please, if there is any other forum, where treasury bills is discussed, someone should send me a link, because I can see that they’ve turned this one to something else. Thanks
Is there anything about treasury bills that had not been discussed on this thread?
Did you ask a question and you were ignored?
Smh

23 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Homextras: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

During the 2019 annual award for Dangcem cement distributors. Major distributors went home with cash prizes ranging from N10 million to N200 million, a total of over N2 billion was shared as incentives to the distributors
Dangote gave a woman in my church over four trucks to be paid back in installments... She was on same plane with dangote for a paid vacation...turnover of almost 1b per annum...dunno how she does it...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2020
martin123:

...LOL. Comment of the year in January... grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tonygate: 9:54am On Jan 02, 2020
4601CE:

Is there anything about treasury bills that had not been discussed on this thread?
Did you ask a question and you were ignored?
Smh
I agree with you.
Tbill thread should be for tbill discussions alone.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tonygate: 9:55am On Jan 02, 2020
seyisanya:

...LOL. Comment of the year in January... grin grin grin
What do you think will happen in today's auction
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:56am On Jan 02, 2020
Homextras:

Dangote gave a woman in my church over four trucks to be paid back in installments... She was on same plane with dangote for a paid vacation...turnover of almost 1b per annum...dunno how she does it...

A true billionaire should be able to create millionaires, some of his senior employees are billionaires by virtue of the value of their Investments

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2020
Homextras:

she sold over 400 trucks of cement
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2020
Tonygate:

I agree with you.
Tbill thread should be for tbill discussions alone.
create your on and discus t.b only .....as for us we are here to learn from others

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by U1(m): 10:38am On Jan 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Telll emefele i don invest in the real economy make him raise t.b rates ,welder ,tyre man ,service oil ,license office painting man don benefit

No, sir, no. We want you to invest everything. Obviously, you haven't done that already. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:02am On Jan 02, 2020
That is the point CBN is making. If na TB na, those welders, painters, vokanizer, engine oil, insurance company for non benefit.
With this success now, TB non de go high anytime soon.
ahiboilandgas:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 11:43am On Jan 02, 2020
You've said it all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thebargainhunte: 11:53am On Jan 02, 2020
Nigeria is still one of the worst countries to invest your money. Most of us that are still investing in this country have no other alternative. I don't know why some people are just pained to hear TB. That their invest in a Sicky economy wouldn't allow them to understand why a lot of people are afraid to run business in Nigeria. Imagine, Dangote was once 23rd richest person in the world as of 2014, but today, he stands at 136th richest person. What is happening to us?? How could CBN slash the TB rate from 14.5% to 6% just within a year? When nothing has improved, even the so called inflation is getting out of hand.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
U1:

No, sir, no. We want you to invest everything. Obviously, you haven't done that already. grin
but the cbn/fgn is shrinking the investment space .....41 items banned ,closure of boader,exchange rate problems ,kidnnaping in farming area...so we have to play safe cos cbn will not reimburse oif u go broke

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
Dangote said after the refinery he will start investing in tech firms and other in Europe and America to preserve the family wealth......i think this enter my head ......after loosing over 10bn dollars due to devalution while small me lost 45000dollars in my wort .....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thebargainhunte: 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Dangote said after the refinery he will start investing in tech firms and other in Europe and America to preserve the family wealth......i think this enter my head ......after loosing over 10bn dollars due to devalution while small me lost 450000 dollars in my wort .....

He is pessimistic about the future of African economy, yet people are shouting "invest in Nigerian economy" who the investment help??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by U1(m): 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
but the cbn/fgn is shrinking the investment space .....41 items banned ,closure of boader,exchange rate problems ,kidnnaping in farming area...so we have to play safe cos cbn will not reimburse oif u go broke

You've practically said it all!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skyangel(f): 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
martin123:

You are still on treasury bills thread dear I'm sure you are going to learn one or two things from what is being discussed here lately.

When tbills rates were sweet, even though there were digressions here & there it would quickly be returned to main subject.
Now that we hear about 3,4 & 5 % rate per annum for tbills, some of us now visit to see other ways to diversify our funds.

If you are new here however, you may read up the first few pages , ask some questions in areas you don't seem to understand and I'm sure you would be attended to.
Las las we go dey alright

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by U1(m): 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
RonaldoVido:
If TB strikes 3%, guys better invest in Sure odds.

Can real sector investment be forced ?

When you are clamping down on
Yaba traders and car dealers, what type of real investment are they gonna build ?

The body language is investment unfriendly.

The problem be say there are even no sure odds! grin

Just as someone pointed out previously, the environment doesn't seem that encouraging. Imagine farmers even getting kidnapped or disturbed by herdsmen, although we don't hear much of the latter lately.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
skyangel:

You are still on treasury bills thread dear I'm sure you are going to learn one or two things from what is being discussed here lately.

When tbills rates were sweet, even though there were digressions here & there it would quickly be returned to main subject.
Now that we hear about 3,4 & 5 % rate per annum for tbills, some of us now visit to see other ways to diversify our funds.

If you are new here however, you may read up the first few pages , ask some questions in areas you don't seem to understand and I'm sure you would be attended to.
Las las we go dey alright

Well presented. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
Happy new year everyone. Low tbill rate is really making us all to think outside the box, good one. Even if tbills returns with high rates tomorrow, we must never fail to diversify our portfolio, there are many areas one could invest outside tbills, but we seem to think less about other investment opportunities once we feel too comfortable with tbills.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
Tonygate:

What do you think will happen in today's auction

Either your bid is successful or not. Please ask a better question?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.