Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,211 members, 7,846,018 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1059) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4480824 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (2238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by delawal: 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2020
olujaidi:

This isn't necessary. The man says he doesn't want your advice and you're taunting? Even if you had a valid point, this here negates what you put out.
yes its not. but trying to create a scenario DT that there re no honest people in oil and gas or that there is no solution to theft in it is also not appropriate .

a friend of mine I was with yesterday till 12am, has 12 filling stations innmy state here. he called me for something few mins ago and as an aside I asked him how they survive with all these theft considering why d commenter here said. he asked me if am sure the guy who was complaining is even into any oil and gas.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
delawal:

the real worth of a person is not measured by the amounts he can quote online

am listening to him to learn too. but am not listening fo.olishly DTS why I object where I know he misrepresents. did u see me object to any of his lectures on money market.
level of frustration and hate can be identified online ...make i calm u down small..imagine say na palm oil i dey sell for mile 12 markets in your mind ....i hope it will help calm the hate

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 3:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
Damn it. My V. R glasses. We're going to win the league. We're going to win the league. We're going to win the league. Others aren't permitted to celebrate now you know wink wink grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
delawal:

the real worth of a person is not measured by the amounts he can quote online

am listening to him to learn too. but am not listening fo.olishly DTS why I object where I know he misrepresents. did u see me object to any of his lectures on money market.

Saying people have audio money is an irrelevant argument.

Please don't piss off our ogas. It's not about how much money we have but how we can increase it.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mnc oil companies have what we call tolerence level meaning once a truck discharge and shortage is around 100 litres is written off this range from company to company from 50 litres to 200 litres ...in some time the driver might not temper with product but the environmental temperature does ..evapoaration also effect it ....during harmatan period we advoid discgarging in the morning cos the products have contracted while it expand during hot weather, other things that cos shortage are bad metre ,bad calibration, bad dipping stick , empty discharge tank....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
The write up is for people that want to learn sha .....not bitter ,haters and clowns

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Saying people have audio money is an irrelevant argument.

Please don't piss off our ogas. It's not about how much money we have but how we can increase it.

We should learn to ignore certain comments and people, by replying such people we are only dignifying them, which they don't deserve.

Learn to ignore such people and make them irrelevant.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2020
We're going to win the league. We're going to win the league. We're going to win the league. cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by delawal: 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
level of frustration and hate can be identified online ...make i calm u down small..imagine say na palm oil i dey sell for mile 12 markets in your mind ....i hope it will help calm the hate
why will I hate or get frustrated over a person DT I don't know. have friends who are into this oil and gas DT re very successful DT do come to visit me. do u know what I do for them. will leave DT to ur imagination.

see arrogance. like say d people who sell palm oil are not important or are paupers

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2020
The both of you don't get along. Fine, it's cool not to get along with the whole world. But what's the beef about. Make una 2 take kolanut. E don do.

But we're going to win the league.. And we're going to do it in style grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2020
delawal:

why will I hate or get frustrated over a person DT I don't know. have friends who are into this oil and gas DT re very successful DT do come to visit me. do u know what I do for them. will leave DT to ur imagination.

see arrogance. like say d people who sell palm oil are not important or are paupers
u be audio chairman make i come visit u ...now to find out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2020
We should not be reactive but proactive. Profit margin is seriously reducing in the oil marketing sector.

Oando could not pay dividend in the last 5 years, the company is still indebted to the tune of over N50 billion. Management was able to reduce the debt from over N200 billion. The company recently sold two of its private jet.
Total Oil had about 80% reduction in profit, if not from the profit made from the lubricant business, insecticide, aviation fuel the company would have made a loss.

Otedola exited the sector in 2019, sold his shares in Forte Oil and pocketed over N64 billion.

Any forward thinking enterpreneur in the sector should start making provisions for plans B,C,D,E and F.

Dangote is bringing in about 10,000 trailers this will also disrupt the haulage business in the petroleum marketing sector.

Smart businesspeople in the petroleum marketing have been diversifying into real estate in the last 5 years.

Some of the new stations are a strategy to increase the value of their real estate Investments.

Since the stations are in strategic locations, they can be converted to shopping complex, office buildings, Malls, Warehouses etc at the due time.

Let us wait and see the likely disruption Dangote Refinery will have on that sector.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 4:51pm On Jan 20, 2020
I need someone to warn Dangote because I'm not finding it funny atall with the news of the 10,000 Indonesian trucks. With just a few hundreds there's congestion everywhere., Dangote wants to kill man with hold up. They should divert their crude to rail and sea transport abeg. Make dem leave road for us angry

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2020
Oando made a mistake by being too optimistic. The company bought the asset of Conoco Phillips at about $1.4 billion when COP was living Nigeria. They bought the asset when crude oil was selling at around $100 per barrel, not quite long after the purchase by Oando.

The issue between Saudi, OPEC and Shale Oil producers, this imbroglio made the price of crude oil to go down to as low as $20 per barrel due to price war between OPEC cartel and Shale Oil guys in North America.

This disruption, adversely affected the projection of Oando. Oando made a record loss after tax of over N220 billion in corporate Nigeria around 2017.

@ Jejebaba please correct me if I am wrong. You are a professional in that sector

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Oando made a mistake by being too optimistic. The company bought the asset of Conoco Phillips at about $1.4 billion when COP was living Nigeria. They bought the asset when crude oil was selling at around $100 per barrel, not quite long after the purchase by Oando.

The issue between Saudi, OPEC and Shale Oil producers, this imbroglio made the price of crude oil to go down to as low as $20 per barrel due to price war between OPEC cartel and Shale Oil guys in North America.

This disruption, adversely affected the projection of Oando. Oando made a record loss after tax of over N220 billion in corporate Nigeria around 2017.

@ Jejebaba please correct me if I am wrong. You are a professional in that sector
u are on point ,their attempt at the upstream bussiness was their down fall,

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
u are on point ,their attempt at the upstream bussiness was their down fall,

He bit more than he could chew, expanding too fast into the midstream and upstream.

Oando and Total were the biggest in the downstream business.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:08pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
We should not be reactive but proactive. Profit margin is seriously reducing in the oil marketing sector.

Oando could not pay dividend in the last 5 years, the company is still indebted to the tune of over N50 billion. Management was able to reduce the debt from over N200 billion. The company recently sold two of its private jet.
Total Oil had about 80% reduction in profit, if not from the profit made from the lubricant business, insecticide, aviation fuel the company would have made a loss.

Otedola exited the sector in 2019, sold his shares in Forte Oil and pocketed over N64 billion.

Any forward thinking enterpreneur in the sector should start making provisions for plans B,C,D,E and F.

Dangote is bringing in about 10,000 trailers this will also disrupt the haulage business in the petroleum marketing sector.

Smart businesspeople in the petroleum marketing have been diversifying into real estate in the last 5 years.

Some of the new stations are a strategy to increase the value of their real estate Investments.

Since the stations are in strategic locations, they can be converted to shopping complex, office buildings, Malls, Warehouses etc at the due time.

Let us wait and see the likely disruption Dangote Refinery will have on that sector.

without dangote everbody is feeling the heat ...with pa buhari refusing to give moman via ppra import quotas for pms .pms is the main cash cow for must depots but now since 2015 only nnpc import and give small to depots to distribute....the bussiness structure is affected mnc can land pms at 145 but 190...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:08pm On Jan 20, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Anyone who can solve the problem of exchanging naira into foreign currencies online with the ability to transfer in and out of Nigeria will become successful.

I haven't found a single start up trying to solve this problem.

The western companies have solved transfering money into Nigeria but won't allow Naira conversion into other currencies.
There are ways to do this but its not legal because, our government does not want that. It would be called money laundering. It kills the economy.

I can transfer any amount of dollars in and outside naija. I even get dollars online at the rate of ₦300 - ₦320 per dollar. People control foreign bank accounts from naija. If you know, you know.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

He bit more than he could chew, expanding too fast into the midstream and upstream.

it a big lesson to all the mnc in Nigeria total ,onando , texaco , cooil all had the oppurnties to come together a float a refinary ( 100k barrels ) and refine pms ( who demand rose to 50m daily) since 2003 but instead they want to keep nigeria importing and collecting unsustainable subsides ....when prefer that arrangment but dangote saw the oppurnties

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 5:14pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Oga Emma, i doubt you are wrong. These were analysis done those days in stockmarketnigeria.com by the likes of Wanaj0, Oracle etc. My interest in stocks reduced when that site went down.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
The same thing happen to buram cement and co instead of them to set up obajana to permantly conquere the markets they prefers the easy routes import, package and sell ....now thier former dealer (dangote) has sent them to thier graves .....This should be taught in MBA classes in coperate strategy.....u have to create the blue ocean..... (undisputed markets)like dangote refinary

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

i think the ceo of oando is too ambitious and use man know man strategy to get to top ....they could have set up a refinery with 1.5 bn dollars use to by Philips oil wells ..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
it a big lesson to all the mnc in Nigeria total ,onando , texaco , cooil all had the oppurnties to come together a float a refinary ( 100k barrels ) and refine pms ( who demand rose to 50m daily) since 2003 but instead they want to keep nigeria importing and collecting unsustainable subsides ....when prefer that arrangment but dangote saw the oppurnties

They were busy repatraiting profits abroad.

Same way Lafarge spent over 60 years making cement in Nigeria but never saw the big picture by increasing there capacity in Nigeria.

Lafarge a former market leader is now struggling with BUA for the second position in the cement market. BUA Cement should get the second position, while Lafarge is trying to play catch up

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
delawal:

I know u re not d only one in oil and gas Biz. ask others what they are doing to curb this menace and do it with them. people who start with one filling station are building more stations and expanding. u cant tell me they suffer such loss as u claim and are expanding. every Biz get secret so try and master yours.
people are doing Biz and progressing in many sectors. so d scared ones should dig deeper
Some times you people just come online to talk rubbish about a business you are not into and know nothing about without thinking deeply.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

They were busy repatraiting profits abroad.

Same way Lafarge spent over 60 years making cement in Nigeria but never saw the big picture by increasing there capacity in Nigeria.

Lafarge a former market leader is now struggling with BUA for the second position in the cement market. BUA Cement should get the second position, while Lafarge is trying to play catch up
funny enough the m.d has join fangote while their other subsidiary ashaka .m.d join dangote as ed....this mnc companies want africa perpetually subserviant....cos most top bussiness school are in Europe and America....i cant believe that the m.d of total didnt know that a refinery own by total nigeria make them Market leader......

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wickedtruths: 5:34pm On Jan 20, 2020
delawal:

keep deceiving yourself . audio oil and gas

Please, you people should ignore this boy. He is the boy who said we should leave TBills and go fry akara cos that's the real economy.

He's not mentally balanced.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wickedtruths: 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2020
healthserve:
I need someone to warn Dangote because I'm not finding it funny atall with the news of the 10,000 Indonesian trucks. With just a few hundreds there's congestion everywhere., Dangote wants to kill man with hold up. They should divert their crude to rail and sea transport abeg. Make dem leave road for us angry

Dangote Group
Union Marble House
1 Alfred Rewane Road,
PMB 40032,
Falomo Ikoyi,
Lagos.

Go there and tell him yourself. I'll suggest you carry along your 419 farming proposals you litter Nairaland with.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
delawal:

yes its not. but trying to create a scenario DT that there re no honest people in oil and gas or that there is no solution to theft in it is also not appropriate .

a friend of mine I was with yesterday till 12am, has 12 filling stations innmy state here. he called me for something few mins ago and as an aside I asked him how they survive with all these theft considering why d commenter here said. he asked me if am sure the guy who was complaining is even into any oil and gas.
Why didn't your audio friend just tell you how they survived the theft instead of using a question to answer your question?

As long as I'm concerned, you have said nothing that really shows you have such friends in existence. You are just beating around the bush. You'll be very good with theories.

I know a staff that's in charge of driving Julius berger oil tanker to locations needed. This man built 3 big houses in Lagos within 2 years just by stealing part of these oils and other rons from the company. He was later caught and sacked. Are you saying a company as big as Julius berger does not know secrets to stop theft?

Sometimes, the people you put in place to prevent theft would even be the ones to steal from you. Yes! It is that bad. Go and ask pastor Oyedepo.

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
NL1960:

Oga Emma, i doubt you are wrong. These were analysis done those days in stockmarketnigeria.com by the likes of Wanaj0, Oracle etc. My interest in stocks reduced when that site went down.

Wanajo, Oracle, myself and other top analysts are in my WhatsApp group analysing and discussing different companies, industries, businesses and investments in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
delawal:

You have friends that are into oil that do come to visit you and you are not yet into oil?

Everything you have been saying doesn't show that you know anything about the oil and gas business. That's not expected at all from someone who has such caliber of friends.

I hope you are very successful too? Cos you talk like someone who is so broke and already frustrated with the system.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2020
delawal:

u re right. people should go and find real Biz and do. imagine 4k return on a million naira per month. that's abuse of money .

personally , I have cancelled all my money investments DT ran into millions of naira after d rate crash in DEC. for this two weeks DT have passed I have seen more returns on my money. intact now I knew I have been wasting my time doing all these low roi investments . na real Biz be d koko.

all these people advising people to continue this kind investments aside people who re abroad, people just just go do real Biz. in anything u do avoid buying stocks for now. dis economy is highly unstable for such
Another senseless post from you. So people who are abroad are too busy to do real biz even in abroad but those in Nigeria are very free, right?

Maybe, the people in Nigeria got the money to invest from your butt. Not from real biz or being gainfully employed.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Why didn't your audio friend just tell you how they survived the theft instead of using a question to answer your question?

As long as I'm concerned, you have said nothing! You are just beating around the bush. You'll be very good with theories.

I know a staff that's in charge of driving Julius berger oil tanker to locations needed. This man built 3 big houses in Lagos within 2 years just by stealing part of these oils and other rons from the company. He was later caught and sacked. Are you saying a company as big as Julius berger does not know secrets to stop theft?

Sometimes, the people you put in place to prevent theft would even be the ones to steal from you. Yes! It is that bad. Go and ask pastor Oyedepo.

The Average Nigerian is Dubious, it's our Ethics, they feel entitled to your money

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (2238) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Hedgefunds and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.