Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1070) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4448894 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
collinsobinna:
I just discovered the treasury bill low rate solution this afternoon.
Will only share when contacted privately.
The answer has been there all along. We were just speculating without actually inquiring.
I’m sure others discovered it and won’t share.

If you have any information you believe is worthwhile, why don't you post it here, just like many others have been doing freely?

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
collinsobinna:
Closed mind Offers no solution.

First time you heard of treasury bill. That was information at work.
Proving valuable.

Same situation. What bank to invest your treasury bill and get a good rate.

Same bank you are already using. But had no idea what to request for?

Lol. Your choice

Do I need to stress the fact that we have brilliant minds here who have selflessly contributed immensely to other people's life FOC (free of charge).

Be guided....

20 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2020
Hello house,
Please is there a thread where dollar n gbp investments are discussed. Like where to buy dollars at cheaper rate, when to hold n when to take exchange profits l don't mean forex please

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2020
collinsobinna:
First time you heard of treasury bill. That was information at work. Proving valuable.
Lol. Your choice
sent you a PM. Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by collinsobinna(m): 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
Well i got mails but after reading some posts I remembered that while i started t bills I got most of the information I needed for free.

Okay so to prove some people like dake 40 wrong.

Here’s what I have to say.
I’ve been on holiday somewhere where there are Nigerian banks. You have to figure out where.
Today I felt the need to inquire about treasury bills and I got rates like 14 percent for 91 days and 17. For 182 and slightly higher for 364
I almost screamed out of excitement. I asked the lady if I needed anything else to invest. She said no. And the bank is a Nigerian bank.
But I think if they told you guys this shit. A lot of money will be domiciled in another country.
Though it’s the same bank and you don’t need to move your money.
Just fill forms at the local
Branch in person.
I’ve tried. Thanks yall
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by collinsobinna(m): 8:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
Funny enough this has come up before here and someone said something to distract everyone from investing there and no one bothered to follow up. Think that guy was trying to protect his own interests .....cos definitely there will be a serious fund movement if it becomes widespread knowledge and the rates will still tank like in Nigeria.
Cmon guys you should know where I’m talking about lol.
I’m Quite happy.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by incogni2o: 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

If you have any information you believe is worthwhile, why don't you post it here, just like many others have been doing freely?

RealityShot:
I just decided to stick to treasury bills.
It fits my purpose despite the rate at the moment.

I need Zero Access to my funds.
Plus I like the upfront payment.

Enough distractions already. (am wasting my time looking for new investments, the difference ain't worth all the stress and distraction)

Thank you PA Emmanuelewumi and others for all your help.

collinsobinna
zamirikpo

PLS DOES THIS MAKE SENSE

Let's say my salary is 280K, GTBank says I can be loaned slightly higher than times 3 of my salary,

280 X 3 = 840

Let's say slightly higher than that is 1million

Interest will pay back 1.3% per month which is 13,000 per month.

If I pay back in 6 months, that's 13,000 X 6 = 78,000.

The reason is because I want to lock down my salary so that I don't spend it.

SO I WANT TO INVEST THE ONE MILLION INTO TREASURY BILL SO AS TO SAVE IT.

Please does it make sense?

Sorry if not clear enough.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
collinsobinna:
Funny enough this has come up before here and someone said something to distract everyone from investing there and no one bothered to follow up. Think that guy was trying to protect his own interests .....cos definitely there will be a serious fund movement if it becomes widespread knowledge and the rates will still tank like in Nigeria.
I’m Quite happy.

This Ghana palaver sef... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
collinsobinna:

First time you heard of treasury bill. That was information at work.
Proving valuable.

Lol. Your choice

I picked a few phrases in your comments. Statements only smart minds can .... Speak about . ...Something you recently discovered is bubbling beneath. I'll say kudos in your research and best of luck too wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2020
mymadam:

This Ghana palaver sef... lipsrsealed
I think he is talking of The Gambia, all the banks in Gambia are Nigerian Banks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
Boyhood:

I think he is talking of The Gambia, all the banks in Gambia are Nigerian Banks.

Oh, ok then
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
collinsobinna:
I’m Quite happy.
when you said "local office",
You mean we have to travel to the country, right?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:55pm On Jan 28, 2020
incogni2o:

collinsobinna
zamirikpo

PLS DOES THIS MAKE SENSE

Let's say my salary is 280K, GTBank says I can be loaned slightly higher than times 3 of my salary,

280 X 3 = 840

Let's say slightly higher than that is 1million

Interest will pay back 1.3% per month which is 13,000 per month.

If I pay back in 6 months, that's 13,000 X 6 = 78,000.

The reason is because I want to lock down my salary so that I don't spend it.

SO I WANT TO INVEST THE ONE MILLION INTO TREASURY BILL SO AS TO SAVE IT.

Please does it make sense?

Sorry if not clear enough.
Sir, you want to borrow at 16% per annum (1.3% x 12)
And "invest" it at 5%?

You will lose 110,000N at the end of the year if you do that.

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sleeksolo: 2:55am On Jan 29, 2020
Get consistent profit using trading signals from https://fxseed.com/trades
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by collinsobinna(m): 4:59am On Jan 29, 2020
RealityShot:
when you said "local office",
You mean we have to travel to the country, right?
Yes you have to or depending on your persuasive power. You can fill the form and have your branch mail it to their branch there.
It’s literally same bank. The customer care in Nigeria gave me the information when they saw my caller Id showing I was calling from the country. They were the ones that gave me rates before transferring me to the local branch where I was. So they know . Fucking privileged information for their buddies. Smh
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by collinsobinna(m): 5:02am On Jan 29, 2020
When I say literally same bank. Your money in first bank Nigeria is same as you finding first bank in Brazil. Your account number is same. Money same. Just forms to fill bro.

I thought I wasted money traveling for holiday. Now I’m enjoying the benefits. I’m sure I’m not the first.

But my big mouth �

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 4tunebest(f): 5:40am On Jan 29, 2020
collinsobinna:
When I say literally same bank. Your money in first bank Nigeria is same as you finding first bank in Brazil. Your account number is same. Money same. Just forms to fill bro.

I thought I wasted money traveling for holiday. Now I’m enjoying the benefits. I’m sure I’m not the first.

But my big mouth �

Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:26am On Jan 29, 2020
collinsobinna:

But my big mouth �
but how about the exchange rates in gambia ?

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 12:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
Hi guys
While brainstorming with a colleague at the office, on the way forward, i mean side hustles to compliment salary... i mentioned to him about Tbills and other mmf info i have learnt here (my guy was looking at me like, see this guy o, which day u turn to financial analyst expert)

Surpringsly, in order to measure up with my knowledge...he said he wants to start trading Bitcoin, infact that he has arranged for an iphone for this very purpose...he shared plenty testimonies of some guys he met, how successful they have all become blah blah... that it is more lucrative than all the tbills, mmf etc put together...

I felt rubbished but honestly asked him... are you sure the bitcoin whatever is not yahooing in disguise.
He said information is power...

Sorry for digressing guys
Can someone in a nutshell explain the bitcoin stuff for me.
Is it truly lucrative?
What of risks attached?

Have been thinking... since he said information is power.
If its worth it then i don't mind to venture into the bitcoin biz.
Elders and gurus in the house
Plz advise
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
oluwaleokey:
Hi guys
While brainstorming with a colleague at the office, on the way forward, i mean side hustles to compliment salary... i mentioned to him about Tbills and other mmf info i have learnt here (my guy was looking at me like, see this guy o, which day u turn to financial analyst expert)

Surpringsly, in order to measure up with my knowledge...he said he wants to start trading Bitcoin, infact that he has arranged for an iphone for this very purpose...he shared plenty testimonies of some guys he met, how successful they have all become blah blah... that it is more lucrative than all the tbills, mmf etc put together...

I felt rubbished but honestly asked him... are you sure the bitcoin whatever is not yahooing in disguise.

Is it truly lucrative?
What of risks attached?

Plz advise
Thanks

What's doing you is FOMO. fear of missing out

As it stands, cryptocurrency trading is purely speculation. No underlying assets, no underlying cashflow, nothing. Nothing but the belief and sentiments of a tiny proportion of humanity. As a store of value, it is volatile and thus unreliable. This is what makes it trade-able. As legal tender, acceptance is limited but with potential for growth if supported by the major central banks. Such support isn't really there currently. Even Facebook's Libra currency project isn't going so well for now.

That said, it is arguably the new frontier of financial innovation. Sooner or later, the kinks will be worked out. Efforts are on, globally, to regulate cryptocurrency and leverage on the underlying Blockchain and distributed ledger technology to improve payment systems and record keeping. Countries are looking at creating fiat cryptocurrency or state backed cryptos

Anyway, some people seem to have mastered the art of speculation (Jump in Jump Out). Perhaps you can, albeit with potentially heavy losses (school fees). If your risk appetite is high, you have loose money and will continue to have money to spare plus you're willing to take heavy losses for the possibility of heavy gains, learning the ropes may be worth it. Maybe you can act as a broker. Buy from people who have to sell and sell to those looking to buy. Kinda like what a BDC does for FX.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 1:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
oluwaleokey:
Hi guys

Is it truly lucrative?
What of risks attached?

Plz advise
Thanks

In a nutshell like u said.....na 50/50. If u finally actually learn how to trade it which should take months, u can still loose all your money .

Unlike TB and mmf where ur money is safe but with less return on investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by theoilguy: 1:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
collinsobinna:
Well i got mails but after reading some posts I remembered that while i started t bills I got most of the information I needed for free.

I’ve been on holiday somewhere where there are Nigerian banks. You have to figure out where.
Today I felt the need to inquire about treasury bills and I got rates like 14 percent for 91 days and 17. For 182 and slightly higher for 364
I almost screamed out of excitement. I asked the lady if I needed anything else to invest. She said no. And the bank is a Nigerian bank.
But I think if they told you guys this shit. A lot of money will be domiciled in another country.
Branch in person.
I’ve tried. Thanks yall

Bro, only Ghana has Treasury bills at 17 percent in west Africa currently... I just got off the phone with a Ghanaian friend who works with gtbank ghana and she says Tbills in ghana are for citizens and you must have a Ghana bank account to do so. To have a ghana bank account, you must have a residence permit.

You have been helpful with the clues but this is a family of investors, just come out clean and complete so it can help us even if it is just in the interim until Nigerian Tbills pick up..

Please advise what bank in Ghana and how we can go about this..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 1:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
olujaidi:

What's doing you is FOMO. fear of missing out

As it stands, cryptocurrency trading is purely speculation. No underlying assets, no underlying cashflow, nothing. Nothing but the belief and sentiments of a tiny proportion of humanity. As a store of value, it is volatile and thus unreliable. This is what makes it trade-able. As legal tender, acceptance is limited but with potential for growth if supported by the major central banks. Such support isn't really there currently. Even Facebook's Libra currency project isn't going so well for now.

That said, it is arguably the new frontier of financial innovation. Sooner or later, the kinks will be worked out. Efforts are on, globally, to regulate cryptocurrency and leverage on the underlying Blockchain and distributed ledger technology to improve payment systems and record keeping. Countries are looking at creating fiat cryptocurrency or state backed cryptos

Anyway, some people seem to have mastered the art of speculation (Jump in Jump Out). Perhaps you can, albeit with potentially heavy losses (school fees). If your risk appetite is high, you have loose money and will continue to have money to spare plus you're willing to take heavy losses for the possibility of heavy gains, learning the ropes may be worth it. Maybe you can act as a broker. Buy from people who have to sell and sell to those looking to buy. Kinda like what a BDC does for FX.

Bros you are very mean o
All these advance 6D grammar just because i asked that question... You just added to my problem... haba nah, wetin?

Thanks sha, i was able to decode that you are simply saying i should not try it and i am okay now.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 1:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
zamirikpo:

In a nutshell like u said.....na 50/50. If u finally actually learn how to trade it which should take months, u can still loose all your money .

Unlike TB and mmf where ur money is safe but with less return on investment

I understand you perfectly well
Thanks buddy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 2:59pm On Jan 29, 2020
Just to add to what has been said, do your TB, bonds and non risk ones. Then in about 6 months from now, go and compare notes with that your friend as to where both of you now stand financially with regards to your investment.
As a friend actually, the best you could have done for him is to convince him not to go through with that crypto investment.
oluwaleokey:

Bros you are very mean o
All these advance 6D grammar just because i asked that question... You just added to my problem... haba nah, wetin?

Thanks sha, i was able to decode that you are simply saying i should not try it and i am okay now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cucumbar: 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2020
Seems rates are increasing again:
Stop rates for today:

91days...3.5%

182 days....4.5%

364 days....6.5%

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tripleaj(m): 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
Please which bank Sir.
cucumbar:
Seems rates are increasing again:
Stop rates for today:

91days...3.5%

182 days....4.5%

364 days....6.5%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
collinsobinna:

eiter gambia or ghana, there is no bank in nigeria where you can buy treasury bills of another country. although i stand to be corrected, but let me tell u d pure thurth here, gtbank in nigeria is a different entity from gtbank in ghana. as in they have nothing in common. if you want to deal with a gtbank or ecobank in ghana, you have to travel to ghana and apply after fulfilling their pre-requisite but dealing with foreign bank via local bank here as u claim.

Branch in person.
I’ve tried. Thanks yall
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MCeemajesty(m): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
This is the result of T-Bills Primary Auction of Today.
Tripleaj:
Please which bank Sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
eiter gambia or ghana, there is no bank in nigeria where you can buy treasury bills of another country. although i stand to be corrected, but let me tell u d pure thurth here, gtbank in nigeria is a different entity from gtbank in ghana. as in they have nothing in common. if you want to deal with a gtbank or ecobank in ghana, you have to travel to ghana and apply after fulfilling their pre-requisite but dealing with foreign bank via local bank here as u claim.

collinsobinna:

Branch in person.
I’ve tried. Thanks yall

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: freeman67, teejay5(f), harlee(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.