Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4448592 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
kisszhira:

Just pray you don't fall into the hands of MMM in the name of MFB.
Lol..You just put fresh fear for my mind. I reside in Benin, Lapo has an office has office here in benin. And they've been around for years, though I haven't done business with them before. If you have any reason why this Me/Lapo marriage should not hold, please tell me.. prevention is better than cure, we learn every day.Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2020
fineguy11:
we will be launching a new operating system next month..This will usher in lots of innovations including the app and ussd code..if you indend fixing funds please use my I'd as referral so it counts for me smiley smiley
what's your I.D.? drop it.. because I intend fixing by months end when my T.B drops.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Midex88(m): 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nnamz:

Guy calm down. If you don't know your job, you deserve to be sacked. This shouldn't even be debated.

And who told you he doesn't know his job?
And do you know if he is just learning on the job?
Guy. Stay one Place

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by prestige2013: 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
fineguy11:
Take advantage of our rates and get good return on investment...A bank regulated by CBN is not a ponzi scheme..please do your research and stop negativity.Our income statement and credit ratings are available for anyone who needs them..with that you can make a well informed judgement..

What is Ur rate for 1m for a tenor of 6months?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
prestige2013:

What is Ur rate for 1m for a tenor of 6months?
9.5% per annum. 1m for 180 days gives you 42,750 after WHT.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
kristien4:
what's your I.D.? drop it.. because I intend fixing by months end when my T.B drops.
Please tell them,Richard@Epe branch. They know what to do.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
fineguy11:
c
Hi, do you guys have a program where people can use your bank to invest in transport business where you guys stand as the arbitrator between the driver and the investor, since you guys have the experience for fund recovery?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 9:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
ojesymsym:

Hi, do you guys have a program where people can use your bank to invest in transport business where you guys stand as the arbitrator between the driver and the investor, since you guys have the experience for fund recovery?
Yea we have something like that. but you will have to discuss with the business development manager. Either @ the Lagos or Benin head office. We are currently in partnership with Oando,and about 3 different solar firms! so yes,its possible.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2020
Am looking for where to buy 1500 dollars per month.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 11:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
fineguy11:
Yea we have something like that. but you will have to discuss with the business development manager. Either @ the Lagos or Benin head office. We are currently in partnership with Oando,and about 3 different solar firms! so yes,its possible.
Can I get your whatsapp number?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 11:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
my bother if the oppurnties arises especially canada or Australia legally no dull your self ..especaill in stem courses plus America ( your future is more certain ) ireland ( if attending computer related course.) Then if u dey local na to do traditional bizz ....like i got a contract to move 180k litres of deseal for construction firm at 2.7m this week it will cost me over 1m in deseal only but is very stressful , and fearful cos the goods is wort 40m while the carrier is around 44m so 88m on the road ....my bp will be high untill delivery....if am runing same biz in canada may be less profit but good road and excellent insurance

Hello. Please i work in an insurance company. Instead of having High BP, just take out a GIT policy for the diesel and motor insurance for the vehicle. If you are interested, send me a message. Don't know if i am allowed to post email here.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Finelinks: 12:35am On Feb 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
my bother if the oppurnties arises especially canada or Australia legally no dull your self ..especaill in stem courses plus America ( your future is more certain ) ireland ( if attending computer related course.) Then if u dey local na to do traditional bizz ....like i got a contract to move 180k litres of deseal for construction firm at 2.7m this week it will cost me over 1m in deseal only but is very stressful , and fearful cos the goods is wort 40m while the carrier is around 44m so 88m on the road ....my bp will be high untill delivery....if am runing same biz in canada may be less profit but good road and excellent insurance

Which carrier is around 44m again?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 2:07am On Feb 20, 2020
kristien4:
Can I get your whatsapp number?
yes,check my signature.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 6:06am On Feb 20, 2020
igbizen:
Am looking for where to buy 1500 dollars per month.

Pm me or see my signature. If you need dollars
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:59am On Feb 20, 2020
Phraences:

Hello. Please i work in an insurance company. Instead of having High BP, just take out a GIT policy for the diesel and motor insurance for the vehicle. If you are interested, send me a message. Don't know if i am allowed to post email here.
i have git and comprehensive

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:01am On Feb 20, 2020
Finelinks:

Which carrier is around 44m again?
@11m per truck ...hope u know that brand new howo head na 22m

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:01am On Feb 20, 2020
Dr. Tayo Oyedeji
@tayooye

Experience > book knowledge.

That's why I struggle to understand the basis for:

1. Unmarried marriage counselors.
2. Broke financial mentors.
3. Full-time pastors teaching business management principles.

Experience matters.

BTW, I think church leadership (i.e leading volunteers) is the highest form of leadership so all business leaders can learn a lot of leadership principles from pastors and imams.

Leadership - YES
Business management - NO

On marriage especially:

Listen to the man/woman who has stayed married for 30+ years NOT the divorcee/single person telling you how marriage works.

The old married folks know something about the institution..

Small caveat: "stayed HAPPILY married"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sagaciousd1: 8:53am On Feb 20, 2020
fineguy11:

Hi Richard, I am quite sure you did not get the question @ojes... asked. He wanted to know if you guys finance transport business and stand as an arbitrator in that line.....The truth is, LAPO does not but a subsidiary does. The partnership between LAPO and those Solar companies are completely different game. @Ojesymsym, work into any LAPO branch, you will be directed to MISS, a subsidiary of LAPO where you will have a seamless dealings in getting your desired transaction done. If you are in LAGOS, do visit LAPO head office in Oregun where you will be directed to a representative of MISS. Safe

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 10:36am On Feb 20, 2020
Sagaciousd1:

Hi Richard, I am quite sure you did not get the question @ojes... asked. He wanted to know if you guys finance transport business and stand as an arbitrator in that line.....The truth is, LAPO does not but a subsidiary does. The partnership between LAPO and those Solar companies are completely different game. @Ojesymsym, work into any LAPO branch, you will be directed to MISS, a subsidiary of LAPO where you will have a seamless dealings in getting your desired transaction done. If you are in LAGOS, do visit LAPO head office in Oregun where you will be directed to a representative of MISS. Safe
You are 100% correct. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2020
just2endowed:

I also need dollars, what's your rate please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Finelinks: 12:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
@11m per truck ...hope u know that brand new howo head na 22m
oh okay

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by micluv111: 12:51pm On Feb 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Then move your business abroad baba, atleast you will safe yourself from high bp ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2020
micluv111:

Then move your business abroad baba, atleast you will safe yourself from high bp ?
if i move aboard na to do consultancy for logistic firms
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2020
Thanks for the clarification.
Sagaciousd1:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by omaraji: 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
The World of analytics & Modeling as we know it....

Earthlings! a closer look.
Redfox Analytics-- redefining & standardizing the world of modeling, analytics and research with the use of solution engines: SAS, SPSS, Eviews, STATA, Python, R, XLSTAT, Epi-Info, MicroFit and Microsoft Excel forecasting with varying applications in General research, Econometrics, Development Finance, Real Estate Modeling & Financing, Global Markets (currency & fixed income derivative) analytic. Just maybe this is that golden opportunity to NOT only grow a skill set but to build, innovate and be a problem solver.
Statistical and Survey Analysis
Biostatistics
Quantitative Risk*
Panel Data*
Forecasting
Data Analytics Support*
Financial Regression and Back-testing*
Data Mining*
Advanced Excel Simulation*
Algorithm
Trading & Modeling*
MBA Research guide @the Tip*
Financial Markets*
Please call in for seat reservation and more information.
Venue: H9B, SR, Abraham Adesanya Estate, Lekki-Ajah, Lagos.

Kingsley Redfox
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2020
Lapo rates are not bad. Can they also do treasury bills on your behalf like other traditional banks? I am also considering opening an account with them, LAPO head office is very close to my house in Dawson Road Benin City.
fineguy11:
9.5% per annum. 1m for 180 days gives you 42,750 after WHT.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PerfectMatchNG: 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
The Nigerian money market has gone bunkers!

It's just crazy!

I called my account officer in GTB to enquire about deposit rates and he confirmed that GTB is offering 1% interest rates on all fixed term deposits up to 50m naira!
Meanwhile, same term deposit in a bank in Canada or US can get one at least 2.5%.

Nigerian Treasury bill (NTB) rates went down as low as 2.5%!

I checked on Stanbic-Ibtc circular this morning and long term instrument - FGN Bond rates in the secondary market is down to almost 6%.

I checked on the FGN bond primary auction results as at 19th february 2020 and the bid for the highest tenure bond is almost 600% higher than the allotted securities, which shows a lot of parties are scrambling to buy these securities with no success.
Which means many financial institutions have billions of Naira sitting idle!

Meanwhile Nigerian inflation rate as at this morning is 12.13%...

So if you have Naira sitting idle in a bank account or even in a fixed deposit, you are losing value as fast as Ben Johnson!

This is the outcome of the FGN borrowing trillions from the pension fund instead of borrowing from the public.

If this trend continues, there will be a lot of Naira chasing the USD...which means the likelihood of a market devaluation of the Naira is inevitable.

Folks with cash deposit depending on interest payouts for livelihood - just a few months ago - will be forced to dip into the principal to pay bills...in addition to suffering the devaluing effect of a 12.13% inflation.

The thrust of the FGN's tough monetary policy is clear - folks should use the money to build businesses and create employment...but the environment is a tough one to risk one's money building a business!

Yeah...It's a tough economic world in Naija today.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
Donbrig:
Lapo rates are not bad. Can they also do treasury bills on your behalf like other traditional banks? I am also considering opening an account with them, LAPO head office is very close to my house in Dawson Road Benin City.
No we cant, Regulatory restrictions!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
The intention of the FG is clear, at least to me. They want more and more people to leave the security of fixing funds and invest in the real economy which is why they keep rates low but the challenge for many of us is what you correctly stated, the business environment in Nigeria is too toxic. From policies to people to power to tax, too many factors stacked against you from the very beginning which is why only the very bold are actively in the real sector.
PerfectMatchNG:

It's just crazy!

I called my account officer in GTB to enquire about deposit rates and he confirmed that GTB is offering 1% interest rates on all fixed term deposits up to 50m naira!
Meanwhile, same term deposit in a bank in Canada or US can get one at least 2.5%.

I checked on Stanbic-Ibtc circular this morning and long term instrument - FGN Bond rates in the secondary market is down to almost 6%.

I checked on the FGN bond primary auction results as at 19th february 2020 and the bid for the highest tenure bond is almost 600% higher than the allotted securities, which shows a lot of parties are scrambling to buy these securities with no success.

So if you have Naira sitting idle in a bank account or even in a fixed deposit, you are losing value as fast as Ben Johnson!

This is the outcome of the FGN borrowing trillions from the pension fund instead of borrowing from the public.

If this trend continues, there will be a lot of Naira chasing the USD...which means the likelihood of a market devaluation of the Naira is inevitable.

Folks with cash deposit depending on interest payouts for livelihood - just a few months ago - will be forced to dip into the principal to pay bills...in addition to suffering the devaluing effect of a 12.13% inflation.

The thrust of the FGN's tough monetary policy is clear - folks should use the money to build businesses and create employment...but the environment is a tough one to risk one's money building a business!

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
just2endowed:

And also transfer to dorm acct is also available

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sholapey:
I also need dollars, what's your rate please?

Kindly send me a message or check my siggy to reach me on whatsapp/call
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 12:40am On Feb 21, 2020
As seen on social media

It's just crazy!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Newbie232, choo, carbon1224(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.