Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1091) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4438132 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 5:25pm On Feb 24, 2020
osato45:
2m gone
You forgot the name of a microfinance bank that vanished with your 2m. You be 30BG then.. ask me about my 200k wey loss for mmm in 10yrs time, I'll remember.��� cheesy wink wink wink

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by osato45: 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2020
kristien4:
You forgot the name of a microfinance bank that vanished with your 2m. You be 30BG then.. ask me about my 200k wey loss for mmm in 10yrs time, I'll remember.��� cheesy wink wink wink
it hurts u know, i cant keep remembering it jare. Like is too short
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
kristien4:

They do change names like Afribank, later became Main Street bank, later Skye Bank now Polaris bank.

When new investors recapitalise the bank, the name changes

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Boss, please there's info I'll like to get from you. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tweetums(f): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

They do change names like Afribank, later became Main Street bank, later Skye Bank now Polaris bank.

polaris is not microfinance
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
Tweetums:
polaris is not microfinance

Never said it was a microfinance bank.

Just gave you the chronicle and metamorphosis of a troubled financial institution

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
When new investors recapitalise a troubled business be it a bank, microfinance bank, insurance company, manufacturing company, they usually change the name and rebrand the business

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Is this the official policy of Lapo as regards startup businesses and is there an official notice or instruction to this effect?
Its a policy born out of Lapo's desire for effective Corporate governance and Risk management..We can't just give funds to people who have zero business experience..Its a recipe for delinquent loans.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
jayjay1512:
Good day fellow investors ,I am an ardent follower of treasury bills thread here though I hardly but I must confess this thread has been of great contribution to my financial life.But it is a pity that the investment option is no longer viable and obvious the government wants us to go into physical business to create jobs.Though not minding I have decided to go into a business that am very convinced of its viability which details I don't want to go into here.The business requires about 4 million naira to start and I will be able to raise 2 million naira on my own.I need someone that can provide me with a loan of 2 million naira for 2 years with a maximum interest of 20%.Please this is a genuine call with my integrity fully committed.I am ready to provide such person with whatever collateral that might be required.my digit zero eight one six six zero five nine five two zero
Why not ask from your church, family members and friends they should be able to help in loaning you, why come to a faceless forum? Besides the bank are giving loans at ridiculous rates.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by conyema12(m): 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
unite4real:
Here is another one from CBN.

CBN restricts withdrawal of foreign currency deposits

What this means: If a bank customer made an electronic transfer of $5,000 into his domiciliary account and later goes to the bank to make a cash deposit of $10,000, making a total of $15,000 in the account. Such customer can only make withdrawals from the account in the manner/medium he used to make the deposits into the domiciliary account.

It means if the bank customer needs to make a payment of $12,000 or initiates a transaction of $12,000, he can only pay $5, 000 through electronic transfer and the reaming $7,000 would have to be paid in cash.

The new CBN directive comes as a surprise to Nigerians as shown in their responses to the tweets on Saturday. Now, Nigerians are left with making cash deposits into beneficiary’s account or instead of taking cash, the beneficiary request for a transfer to be made into such account given is future or current need for the money.

For more....

https://nairametrics.com/2020/02/23/cbn-restricts-withdrawal-of-foreign-currency-deposits/

This is really serious oo.. What about inflow from a foreign bank.. Can it be withdrawn over the counter?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
conyema12:

This is really serious oo.. What about inflow from a foreign bank.. Can it be withdrawn over the counter?

No it cannot. It can only be wired.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
Do you need help in your research execution and data analysis using programs like Excel, SPSS, R, Python and more?

Speceria Enterprise is a place where you will get professional guidance from topic selection till submission.

We deliver accurately and flawlessly with a collection of seasoned experts to cater for any department/course.

Distance is no barrier
CALL Or WhatsApp✉✉ us on
Chidi :+2348067578848
Harmony:+2347038879440
Join our whatsapp group for more information
https:///IPIB8G5NYqS6c3bU7Egpfq
With us
�"you're covered "
Cos we got you covered
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
olujaidi:
Does anyone know of any options where one can run a foreign bank account without being a resident of a foreign country? Or a country with not so stringent requirements?

@Nnamz, sholapey, ahiboilandgas, emmanuelewumi , donbrig
Cc: all other knowledgeable parties
you will need a proof address of your residence and proof of I.d to open and operate a foreign account.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I need info on how to retrieve some of my funds from afribank. I learnt they've changed name but I don't know if I can go to my branch in apongbon lagos island to file for claim, your advise is needed sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:14am On Feb 25, 2020
Sholapey:
I need info on how to retrieve some of my funds from afriback. I learnt they've changed name but I don't know if I can go to my branch in apongbon lagos island to file for claim, your advise is needed sir.

Yes, Afribank merged with Skye bank and later transform to Polarise bank. I believe you can. Most Afribank branches that operated as Polarise bank around me are still operating..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:17am On Feb 25, 2020
Sholapey:
I need info on how to retrieve some of my funds from afriback. I learnt they've changed name but I don't know if I can go to my branch in apongbon lagos island to file for claim, your advise is needed sir.

You will get your money back, but it will be a bit difficult.

Your account number must have been changed up to 3 times.

When it changed to Mainstreet the account number was changed, when it was bought by Skye Bank the number also changed before CBN now introduced the 10 digits NUBAN numbers

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by infini771: 10:26am On Feb 25, 2020
feelamong:

Thanks bro!!! I have leant a lot on Naira land and I think its pay back time for me!!
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ucham: 10:34am On Feb 25, 2020
jayjay1512:
Good day fellow investors ,I am an ardent follower of treasury bills thread here though I hardly but I must confess this thread has been of great contribution to my financial life.But it is a pity that the investment option is no longer viable and obvious the government wants us to go into physical business to create jobs.Though not minding I have decided to go into a business that am very convinced of its viability which details I don't want to go into here.The business requires about 4 million naira to start and I will be able to raise 2 million naira on my own.I need someone that can provide me with a loan of 2 million naira for 2 years with a maximum interest of 20%.Please this is a genuine call with my integrity fully committed.I am ready to provide such person with whatever collateral that might be required.my digit zero eight one six six zero five nine five two zero
You got my attention.
Where are you based?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:46am On Feb 25, 2020
Investment is more of Marathon than a Sprint. It's more of average velocity not constant velocity or speed. Learn the rules before embarking on it. On the long run you will be a winner if you abide and play by the rules and use the right strategy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Topson88: 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
unite4real:

No it cannot. It can only be wired.

So please if person deposited dollars in my dorm account in Nigeria, i cant use it to buy things online with my dollar mastercard abroad?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
I am trying to add a domiciliary account to my existing GTB bank account and they said I need two references of people with gtb current account. Can I get two references from people here, abeg. My Whatsapp number is zero eight one five two two four four three four nine. Pls someone should contact me. I need it urgently, thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
Jupiter7:
I am trying to add a domiciliary account to my existing GTB bank account and they said I need two references of people with gtb current account. Can I get two references from people here, abeg. My Whatsapp number is zero eight one five two two four four three four nine. Pls someone should contact me. I need it urgently, thanks.

Your account officer should be able to get you the the referrals you need. It's not hard.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
Jupiter7:

I don't think they must be GTB bank account holders alone. Any bank current account should be able to do this for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wickedfacts: 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You need to have a pedigree and track record in your line of business before seeking for funds from financial institutions.

If you have highly liquid collateral, this requirements might be waived at the discretion of the loan officer.

You can't have N10 million worth of FGN bonds, and you need N4 million loan for a start up business from a bank. There is 60% probability that the loan will be granted even though the business is a start up

Thanks a lot for this info. I'm very grateful.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
@all.. please I need a info about stanbic mmf, .. how does it work, what are the rates and tenor... and how do I invest and go about it.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
Topson88:

So please if person deposited dollars in my dorm account in Nigeria, i cant use it to buy things online with my dollar mastercard abroad?

If u have$1000 in your account such that $300 was wired to it while $700 was cash payment directly. It means u cannot wire out more than $300 and cannot cash out more than $700.

The total.amount u can cash out must not exceed the total you have paid in as cash and vise versa

So if anyone wired money to you, you cannot take that amount out as cash. You can only wired it for another transaction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
unite4real:

If u have$1000 in your account such that $300 was wired to it while $700 was cash payment directly. It means u cannot wire out more than $300 and cannot cash out more than $700.

The total.amount u can cash out must not exceed the total you have paid in as cash and vise versa

If this explanation is true, that means CBN is not serious
What kind of childish policy is this...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
ukay2:

If this explanation is true, that means CBN is not serious
What kind of childish policy is this...

It's actually true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
unite4real:

It's actually true.

CBN will soon become clueless

(1) (2) (3) ... (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Lordchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.