Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4438350 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
afroxyz:
But is it advisable for one to spend 10 -15m to migrate to Canada to start all over again or just invest here and continue the hustle?
why will u spend that ? English test 75k ,wes 200 dollars,transcript 10k ,ticket 300k or school 12000 dollars

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NIGHTLIFE100: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
what your friends complain about canada ? My wife is currently in the express entry...
Express entry the biggest ripoff! You’re going to be promised permanent residence which you’ll truly get but how do you maintain your status as a resident if you cannot earn any tangible income? truth is at the time of Canadian immigration, they will accept your home country’s education and experience. But when you immigrate and apply for a job, then you will find that most of employers are looking for Canadian education, experience or professional license. So you need to start from scratch. If you have patience and you are consistent to achieve your goals, ultimately you will get it. It requires a plan to set and achieve your goals. Most of the people unable to do that and ultimately ends up working outside from their profession and experience. If you don’t care about what you are doing to earn money, then it’s a good country and standard of life is better. Very frequently you will find foreign doctors working in Canada as a physician assistant or other healthcare fields. Electrical engineers are working as electricians. Dentists working as dental assistant and so on. More than 50% of immigrants are not even able to save $1500 monthly in the first 5yrs so whoever is migrating because of money or the so call better life is in for a long ride.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2020
NIGHTLIFE100:
Express entry the biggest ripoff! You’re going to be promised permanent residence which you’ll truly get but how do you maintain your status as a resident if you cannot earn any tangible income? truth is at the time of Canadian immigration, they will accept your home country’s education and experience. But when you immigrate and apply for a job, then you will find that most of employers are looking for Canadian education, experience or professional license. So you need to start from scratch. If you have patience and you are consistent to achieve your goals, ultimately you will get it. It requires a plan to set and achieve your goals. Most of the people unable to do that and ultimately ends up working outside from their profession and experience. If you don’t care about what you are doing to earn money, then it’s a good country and standard of life is better. Very frequently you will find foreign doctors working in Canada as a physician assistant or other healthcare fields. Electrical engineers are working as electricians. Dentists working as dental assistant and so on. More than 50% of immigrants are not even able to save $1500 monthly in the first 5yrs so whoever is migrating because of money or the so call better life is in for a long ride.
chai chai
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tvegas(m): 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2020
NIGHTLIFE100:
so whoever is migrating because of money or the so call better life is in for a long ride.
You made some good points but better life has different meaning. Someone who was kidnapped and raped by Herdsmen would take the better life you described above in a twinkle of an eye,he wont even argue it. Same for a graduate who has been Job hunting in Nigeria for 2 years.

afroxyz:
But is it advisable for one to spend 10 -15m to migrate to Canada to start all over again or just invest here and continue the hustle?
The answer to this lies in your priority in life, your definition of what success means and your current status in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2020
NIGHTLIFE100:
cry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
why will u spend that ? English test 75k ,wes 200 dollars,transcript 10k ,ticket 300k or school 12000 dollars

You forgot to add accodation, transportation and other operating expenses. It's just a hypothetical figure. But my point is is it better investing such amount in such venture or investing here and growing it

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
afroxyz:

You forgot to add accodation, transportation and other operating expenses. It's just a hypothetical figure. But my point is is it better investing such amount in such venture or investing here and growing it
this a personal choice ...your vision and mission in life ....what strategy do u intend to achieve it....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
afroxyz:

Depends on the person. My friend the accountant believed he was doing better here after spending about a year there
While some believe they are doing better here
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tabuse20: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2020
Sholapey:
Lol...he sounds like him with different moniker.

The latest discussion has been very insightful, all contributions have been great so far, pay no attention to the drama.He is not healthserve. He once wrote a very interesting story about his line of business which i read here on nairaland - transcontential commodity trading if I recall correctly - using his other moniker. He's also learning from here too, he may not admit it though. Good discussion, guys!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I hope N5 million is not cheapest land in Asaba, have an idea of the master plan of the area from an informed Town planner or land surveyor. Buy land in an area where you have like minds and you belong to about the same social class.

Kinda hard to buy a plot of land worth 12 mills in lagos mainland and not dwell among the riff raff or poor people. That has been my concern lately , having just acquired a new whip then I started to feel unease, when I drive by, I see people pointing at me or looking at me in a way that make me feel unsafe, my neighbour's also told me how he also feels all eyes are on him because he's got a lovely house n cars too. Note, I've been in this area for 12 years now with my small cars and nobody notice me. Mind you, this my car in question is a toy that people won't look twice in porsh areas. Of course I'm planning to sell off n move. If you live among your likes, you kinda have peace of mind and less worries about jealous neighbours

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2020
Akin3891:

If you live among your likes, you kinda have peace of mind and less worries about jealous neighbours
That's the best thing that can happen to anyone.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
Akin3891:

Kinda hard to buy a plot of land worth 12 mills in lagos mainland and not dwell among the riff raff or poor people. That has been my concern lately , having just acquired a new whip then I started to feel unease, when I drive by, I see people pointing at me or looking at me in a way that make me feel unsafe, my neighbour's also told me how he also feels all eyes are on him because he's got a lovely house n cars too. Note, I've been in this area for 12 years now with my small cars and nobody notice me. Mind you, this my car in question is a toy that people won't look twice in porsh areas. Of course I'm planning to selling the property off n move. If you live among your likes, you kinda have peace of mind and less worries about jealous neighbours

You will have to go to outskirt of the city and invest in new areas, like minds can also come together to buy land in bulk. Eg through the workers union or cooperative societies.

Some people who bought land at Unilag estate Magodo were not necessarily working there. When the staff Union at LASU bought a large expanse of land at Agbara, I keyed in and invested

People who are not journalists keyed in into NUJ estate at Magboro some years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NIGHTLIFE100: 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2020
Tvegas:

You made some good points but better life has different meaning. Someone who was kidnapped and raped by Herdsmen would take the better life you described above in a twinkle of an eye,he wont even argue it. Same for a graduate who has been Job hunting in Nigeria for 2 years.

The answer to this lies in your priority in life, your definition of what success means and your current status in Nigeria.

No doubt! I agree that your current situation in Nigeria might becloud your judgement and my comment is majorly for people that are doing averagely okay in Nigeria and decides to leave everything to chase the Canadian dream lol through express entry... It’s painful to see that job experience anywhere outside Canada is not considered and if you don’t have references forget about landing a decent job. There’s a big gap in immigration policies and mindset of employers, so overall it’s usually a disappointing move for people that are already doing well in their home county but that doesn’t mean Canada is a bad country I just feel immigrants are being ripped off and not being told the truth from their home country.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

People who worked hard for their money, who are not greedy, who ask relevant questions hardly fall for scams.

Got a call on Friday night, that they are calling from my bank. They said they observed something is not right with my POS. I asked them to tell me which of the accounts and account number

They caller said Zenith bank. I just cut her off because I don't have a Zenith bank account

Next time, just sound alarmed. Tell them to hold on that you want to get your ATM card. Put the mumu on hold or and once in a while, tell them you're still looking for the card.

Na so I dey do them. Na so we go burn their small credit.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 7:40pm On Apr 27, 2020
Grupo:

Correct. And also, responsibilities should also be considered.

My income is not fixed. Last month, I earned around 275k and spent only 75k. I'm single, with no responsibilities.

So, I saved up to 70% of my income.

Good.

Since you don't have a fixed income, you may not be able to have a fixed investment or savings plan. However, there's a method to it.

You know your typical /basic income. Also your typical monthly expenses.

Once you balance the two, go aggressive on the left over. Alternating between savings and investment. Once you meet an emergency fund of upto 6months salary as savings, put the rest into investment.

Consider some fixed income investments, no matter how little.

That is what I did as a bachelor and I'm still doing.

PS. Plan for your rent. You can use target savings aside your regular savings.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2020
NIGHTLIFE100:
No doubt! I agree that your current situation in Nigeria might becloud your judgement and my comment is majorly for people that are doing averagely okay in Nigeria and decides to leave everything to chase the Canadian dream lol through express entry... It’s painful to see that job experience anywhere outside Canada is not considered and if you don’t have references forget about landing a decent job. There’s a big gap in immigration policies and mindset of employers, so overall it’s usually a disappointing move for people that are already doing well in their home county but that doesn’t mean Canada is a bad country I just feel immigrants are being ripped off and not being told the truth from their home country.

I think express entry is best for young people within the age of 25 and 32. If you are above the upper limit (that's 32 years), you may feel disappointed.

Being young will allow you to integrate into Canada's system more easily.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 7:44pm On Apr 27, 2020
HoraCanada:

the millionaire next door, just started reading it

Have you read THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON?

Please get it by all means.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
no need for this ...are u same person healthserve?

This is obvious....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tvegas(m): 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2020
NIGHTLIFE100:
No doubt! I agree that your current situation in Nigeria might becloud your judgement and my comment is majorly for people that are doing averagely okay in Nigeria and decides to leave everything to chase the Canadian dream lol through express entry...
True, People with unrealistic expectation get dissapointed. Recently i heard of a group of young immigrant who sued the Canadian government for not delivering the eldorado they dreamt of. grin

During my short stay in that country, i saw many african homes going through marital troubles,a lot ended up seperated. Infact there are some feminists that will encourage your wife to rebel, One woman got to Canada and discovered that she can share the house chores with husband, something she cant dare in Nigeria. This among other issues caused the couple to break up . For immature couple that cultural shock becomes a problem.

For men used to side chicks in Nigeria, if madam catch you and she decides to deal with you,you are finished. In Canada its children first,Animal second, Women third, men get little right . Recently my young friend also complained about the rubbish his young boy was being taught in elementary school,they told him he can be male and female, he should take his time to choose his gender. I was talking to another friend recently who sent his kids to Nigeria for secondary education, they are Canadian citizens.

This life,there is no single solution for everyone. People should just set their priority right,plan well and pray to God for Guidance. If you are doing very well in Nigeria,think twice before making that move. Many people do regret that abroad journey . But if you are struggling its better to struggle in Canada than to struggle in Nigeria. grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
Mmmmm

So much lessons learnt from you guys.

Am so much impressed with the discussions and fertlization of ideas.

May God continue to bless our side hussles.

Amen.

Thank you all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
My proposed solution to this kind of problem for people who have not not built a house because I do not think it can be useful to you again since your house is built already.

For lands like that, it is better to build a set of 1 bedroom or two bedroom flats. I know of about 5 or 6 units of 1 bedroom flats in a half plot. As one Tenant is leaving another is moving in.

You can then use that money and sometimes some extra sef to rent in a more befitting place.

This craze to brag of being a landlord, I discovered recently leads one to make emotional investment decision. 10 to 5 yrs ago I would have considered this advice to be stupid though.

Akin3891:

Kinda hard to buy a plot of land worth 12 mills in lagos mainland and not dwell among the riff raff or poor people. That has been my concern lately , having just acquired a new whip then I started to feel unease, when I drive by, I see people pointing at me or looking at me in a way that make me feel unsafe, my neighbour's also told me how he also feels all eyes are on him because he's got a lovely house n cars too. Note, I've been in this area for 12 years now with my small cars and nobody notice me. Mind you, this my car in question is a toy that people won't look twice in porsh areas. Of course I'm planning to sell off n move. If you live among your likes, you kinda have peace of mind and less worries about jealous neighbours

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2020
ojesymsym:
My proposed solution to this kind of problem for people who have not not built a house because I do not think it can be useful to you again since your house is built already.

For lands like that, it is better to build a set of 1 bedroom or two bedroom flats. I know of about 5 or 6 units of 1 bedroom flats in a half plot. As one Tenant is leaving another is moving in.

You can then use that money and sometimes some extra sef to rent in a more befitting place.

He is not talking about his own house, but the caliber of people on his street and area. An area that has a high population density, jobless youths, jealous next door neighbours etc

6 units of a bedroom apartment on half a plot is even overcrowded and will overstretch the facility of the house
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 9:26pm On Apr 27, 2020
I have been a silent reader of this thread for years now. Indeed, i have learnt so much about investments here.

@EmmanuelEwumi, whats your take on Digital Agricultural investments?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2020
Olaide1295:
@EmmanuelEwumi, whats your take on Digital Agricultural investments?

I don't understand it, i have issues with the ability of the promoters to sustain it, so I don't do it that doesn't mean you can't make money from it

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2020
Sir, we are saying the same thing. He said he built in an area where people not with like minds stay leading to such envy. So I am saying houses in places like that should be built to be rented out. I hope I am clearer now
emmanuelewumi:

He is not talking about his own house, but the caliber of people on his street and area. An area that has a high population density, jobless youths, jealous next door neighbours etc

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2020
```Summary of Presidential speech of tonight ```

�Lockdown still in place in Lagos, Abuja and Ogun for the next one week

�Lock down to be relaxed by Monday 4th May.

�From 4th May, Selected businesses to open from 8am to 6pm

�Curfew applies from 8pm to 6am

�Restriction on social and religious gathering remain in place.

�No interstate movement until further notice.

�Kano on total lockdown for the next 2 weeks

What's are third implications on businesses?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
ojesymsym:

This craze to brag of being a landlord, I discovered recently leads one to make emotional investment decision. 10 to 5 yrs ago I would have considered this advice to be stupid though.

yo, but u see, personally I don't see house for rent as a good investment, not because it isn't lucrative but becos of the returns in my area , I have soo much I could do with the same amount. 4flats of 3bedroom could cost 20m to build , cost of land between 10-15m in a standard environment. total 35m. this 35m I can invest to make roughly 500k monthly instead of the usual 2m annually in areas around asaba.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
You have a very strong point. If you even invest such. Money in the stock market on good stocks, the ROI from dividends may even be more.
Do you also do stock market matter?
zamirikpo:

yo, but u see, personally I don't see house for rent as a good investment, not because it isn't lucrative but becos of the returns in my area , I have soo much I could do with the same amount. 4flats of 3bedroom could cost 20m to build , cost of land between 10-15m in a standard environment. total 35m. this 35m I can invest to make roughly 500k monthly instead of the usual 2m annually in areas around asaba.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2020
ojesymsym:
You have a very strong point. If you even invest such. Money in the stock market on good stocks, the ROI from dividends may even be more.
Do you also do stock market matter?

yea, but nyse,amex ,spy. I know nothing about the Nigerian market.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2020
Akin3891:

The flip side is you might move to an area where you'll feel pressured to keep up with the Joneses. There's peer pressure at all the levels of society

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
You are quite right, everything in Lekki is somehow over-priced if you keep going to most places in Lekki designed for the rich in Lekki.
Even the Freaky freakys are not left out, I carry one earlier this year after lap dances in Askamaya Lekki, she floow me enter house (first mistake), see everywhere nice, she went to the rest room and came to the bed, my blood was already hot so i told her baby, see bed make we start o as it was already 1am, she said make we talk first, i was concerned so i listened attentively.

To cut the long story short she said i will give her 30k by morning which will be around 6am as their normal departure time, my N10k bargain fell on deaf ears so i told her well, i will not entertain blackmail (in my mind), She said N30k or no deal, i said ok now thanks for coming, she say make i give am cab money, i gave her N1k she refused o, i quietly told her to come outside with me to go find more money, once i dey outside i made it clear na N1k dey for cab, she flung the N1k at my face and left angrily. The next day i drove down to Ajah and picked up a fresh Freaky freaky for N7k, total damage N10k max. Total saving N20k.

So island can be quite pricey.

You are heartless!

Why you go fvck somebody daughter TDB with just 10k?
As if that was not enough, you go carry another one with 7k, Haba!

Hope say no be less privilege you dey fvck o.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I don't understand it, i have issues with the ability of the promoters to sustain it, so I don't do it that doesn't mean you can't make money from it

The sustainability right here is my fear.

I am 23 and i intend to invest 200k monthly (at 20 - 30% returns) and let it compound till i am 43 (Asides my pension fund). To compound faster, i also took a 1M loan from GTB which already invested and i'm already paying back.

The firms claim to be insured by Leadway but i know well not to trust these insurance companies when problems arise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: freeman67

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.