Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4457693 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by b543210: 12:59pm On May 03, 2020
Hello,

Why dont you try UK instead? Come to UK to do nursing. There is a possibility of you getting a Tier 2 visa after your studies as nursing is in shortage occupation list, and also UK is bringing back the 2 years post study visa. If you are hard working, you can work and school to support yourself here.

Why I said UK is because, you have a higher chance of getting UK student visa than Australia study visa. You will need much money for your Australia study visa and large lump of money is not allowed. However, in UK, you will need to show money in account for only 28 days and it wont be as much as the Australia money requirement.

Since you do not have so much money, it is best you dont risk it, rather go for the one you can easily get the visa. You can also borrow money to put in your account for the UK visa. You only have to pay your school deposit to the school and your visa fee, health surcharge. I can show you affordable schools, you can get scholarship if you have good grades too. I am in the UK doing my PhD, I am willing to put you through if you want.

On the other hand, have you tried the Canada Express Entry?

helpyom:

I often visit this forum to read, learn, and follow you all advise here, seeing post of everyone here Business minded encourages me to be more hardworking so I can also follow your footprints to success like you all has been displaying here over the years.

Having read and followed this thread relently, I had to re-think to try my luck here being that i know i am a good investment that would appreciate by God's mercy.

I had a previous thread about migrating but no help.

I am a very hardworking human also with skills in sewing/tailoring ,I am a graduate of Pharmacology i currently work in a hospital Pharmacy I have been working here for over 3years. I tried migrating 3 years ago but couldn't there was no help as well I had to keep striving after 3years my siblings I helped all are graduates today thanks to God almighty but with my salary still at 60k without increment.

It has always been my desire to leave this country but I have no one to help ease the burden monetary, I recently got an admission to study in Australia for 2years graduate entry Nursing program Sept/Oct 2020 studies program which by june 2020 i should should be applying for Visa for the course .

I am here to solicit to be an investment that would appreciate i promise i will start paying back money you invested in 6months after Arrival in Australia. I am Soliciting for 3mil for initial deposit directly to the school account before Coe for the visa can be issued every other expenses i would handle it with the little i have saved.

The 3million for part tuition is the main goal before I can apply for visa, sourcing money for other things won't be an issue when I move there I have gotten 2 Pharmacy assistant jobs with good jobs over there twice that could secure me PR, I couldn't because I told them I wasn't residing in Australia.Again I have handwork skills that could fetch me some money while there.

Please go through my previous thread....Am a determined lady I need to start my life afresh. Nigeria can't save my destiny the fact that I don't even have money to start up, I just want to leave here help make my dreams come true not just paying you back your money, will have to thank you and bless you all my life. cry

I have dreams and goals in healthcare business and technology don't let it die off cry cry

Good morning bosses and business mentors here @ahiboilandgas, @emmanuelewumi @sholapey, @zamirikpo
@Nnamz @Diyke4rich, @Alaska90 @Tvegas, @naijaoyibo and other bosses here I couldn't mention..

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
my wife is from the middle east i know how they operate well ....the labanese are trying to operate a country within a country ....they are in Nigeria but in labanon ...my wife and her friend open a school and they keep the ratio of Black to labasene at 1 to 5 ..in other in maintain and international out look and justify the 600k school fees

We have Lebanese community school in Yaba Lagos

Indian School at Ilupeju Lagos

German school Lagos

American International school Victoria Island Lagos.

It is not a new thing

Indians do business with themselves, same with Chinese, Indians and Jews

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:59pm On May 03, 2020
Like wise the teachers a nigeria with an msc in physics is paid 90 k while an art teacher 22 years Lebanese secondary school holder is paid 200k ....the only Nigeria lady earnng 150k is because of her american accent ....this strategy has worked they now have around 200 kids ..140 ( light skined) 60 black ...opp them their is a school run by a Nigeria with track record of performance but Nigeria parents are pulling out student and moving to the labanese school ...that don't do W.a.e.c now Nigeria parents are begging principal to register school for w.a.e.c

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:01pm On May 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

We have Lebanese community school in Yaba Lagos

Indian School at Ilupeju Lagos

German school Lagos

American International school Victoria Island Lagos.

It is not a new thing

Indians do business with themselves, same with Chinese, Indians and Jews
if i move to America and open a Nigeria school will Nigeria in america attend ?

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:09pm On May 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
if i move to America and open a Nigeria school will Nigeria in america attend ?

Very possible if you have a high population of Nigerians in that location and you have your unique selling point eg morals, African culture, religion etc

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 1:18pm On May 03, 2020
chidekings:

family wise he is going to regret it.it takes a very strong and extremely good woman to withstand the shocks that will come with such decisions.

please sir , expansiate…………...what kind of shock.....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2020
IyawoToBe:

I personally will not want my kids to have their formative years in the western world. I want to imbide in them the African values of communism. Trust me I have lived with Nigerian families in North America and Europe and all I can say is "I don't want my kids to have the mentality of those kids". You just can't help it if they grow up there!

I prefer them grow up here and when it is time for college, they have all they need to transition into the western environment without sacrificing their culture, morality, and belief systems. I think I owe my children that!

yea, uve expressed part of my fears...………...but starting early in more civilized setting gives them a better head start,plus better quality of live.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 1:35pm On May 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Different strokes for different people, the Lebanese and Indians came to Nigeria over 100 years ago. They came as traders and blue collar workers

Fast forward to 2020, they have grown their small family Businesses to multi billion dollars enterprises

They will give their children the best education from anywhere in the world, but at the end of the day the will use the education to grow the business, manage and multiply the family wealth.

Those guys must be seeing something, which is blind to most of us. Or they have the resources and qualities which most of us don't have

Or could it be that the Indians and Lebanese enjoy some special privileges that are not open to ordinary Nigerians?

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:42pm On May 03, 2020
Grupo:

Or could it be that the Indians and Lebanese enjoy some special privileges that are not open to ordinary Nigerians?

We have problem with growing our businesses from generation to generation.

We have problem with management and multiplication of wealth. We celebrate before the celebration proper.
We relent on our oars after achieving successes. We are concerned about short term gains at the detriment of long term sustainability and relationship

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 1:49pm On May 03, 2020
zamirikpo:

please sir , expansiate…………...what kind of shock.....

He means that you ll be required to do all household chores on some days if your wife is working on that day.
You will also be required to do all household chores on some days just to give her a breathing space to pursue her leisure activities. You know,just as she gives you while you are watching the premier league.

You will also have to involve her in decision making because she will be making hefty financial contributions to the family.

That's the shock o. the very heavy shock.
How many African men can survive this shock?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 1:49pm On May 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

We have problem with growing our businesses from generation to generation.

We have problem with management and multiplication of wealth. We celebrate before the celebration proper.
We relent on our oars after achieving successes. We are concerned about short term gains at the detriment of long term sustainability and relationship

Let me share a real life encounter with you.

I once wanted to meet with a certain commissioner in my state. So, I needed to visit the government house to see him.

The day I went, the security at the gate turned me back. I was driving a 2007 Toyota corolla. I dressed well.

The next day, I went back and I was turned back.

So, I met with a Lebanese guy that runs an "illegal mine" here. Talked with him.

The next day, I went with him. He was at the back while I was driving. When we got to the gate, they saw the Lebanese and allowed us in without questions. This was despite the fact that the guy was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Do with this information what you wish.

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:53pm On May 03, 2020
Grupo:

I once wanted to meet with a certain commissioner in my state. So, I needed to visit the government house to see him.

The day I went, the security at the gate turned me back. I was driving a 2007 Toyota corolla. I dressed well.

So, I met with a Lebanese guy that runs an "illegal mine" here. Talked with him.

The next day, I went with him. He was at the back while I was driving. When we got to the gate, they saw the Lebanese and allowed us in without questions. This was despite the fact that the guy was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

There is another Nigerian who will be allowed in, wearing T shirt and a jean.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:03pm On May 03, 2020
Adebola Adegunwa started as a photographer and became a major distributor of Kodak with offices all over Nigeria

When photo film was out of business he diversified into marine, insurance, real estate, investment in shares he is a major shareholder of Sterling Bank and CSCS.

He gave his children the best education in Europe and America.

It is these children that have now created new income streams for the family business

Bigi drinks. These are products that are giving the Lebanese owned 7up bottling company makers of Pepsi, teem, mirinda and 7up. And American owned Coca cola, Sprite, etc a big fight for market share in Lagos and South West Nigeria.

The snacks by his Rite foods, has equally gotten market share from UAC foods Gala and Chi foods sausage rolls

The Adegunwaa happen to be one of the family Businesses that are giving big multi national companies a big fight for market share in the country and never believed the Indians and Lebanese were given an undue advantage

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 2:34pm On May 03, 2020
No body is against any one migrating, for me I migrated however, I am come to realize where ever u are making ur millions is home. You require money to leave the good life. If u know get money for Canada or US na suffer person day. The Indians moving to Nigeria they understand and see what Nigerians do not see. They make millions whilst we complain. Look at dangeote making good money from the economy. Opportunities strives where their issues and problems. Today I continue to think thoroughly how can I invest in Nigeria by making serious money, in Canada investments choices are not too Kool. Earning 1.5% in their bonds as compared to Nigeria 12.5% . The land nigeria is kool. People complain no power or light in Nigeria if i have millions of dollars and I know the political landscape well I will enjoy and make money just by providing power to millions of Nigerians, check it out 200millon to 70millon Canadians . I am an ardent investor not an emotional investor. I know a professor his Nigerian he schooled in the states he could have sat in the US, but his in Nigeria making Kool money. My sister if they tell me say money day Iraq or sudan i day go their. I do not want to work 9am to 5pm all my life. Finally guys this tread is not an immigration thread, let's discuss investment. Guys the government is coming to the financial market to source for 850billon loan , I am thinking government would release TB bills, suku bonds to the market get ready to take position.
needful:
Now I wanna comment on the issue of moving to Canada, get your credentials evaluated, write ur IELTs, get your pof intact and enter pool very fast. Points are dropping very fast and Candada will sure need more people considering covid 19.

I really do not understand the reason why we discourage people not to migrate to a place most of us have not been to. I had also heard about people lamenting on starting from the scratch and bla bla bla. Pls its not everyone that migrated to canada started from the scratch. Destiny and lucks with preparation differs. I personally started from the scratch because I moved to Canada as an Accountant but later decided to move into healthcare because of my kids. Oga moved as a welding Inspector but never started from the scratch because his job is in demand alot.

On the aspect of the kids, there are good schools here, ranging from Catholic to moslem schools where homosexuality wont be taught and even where its taught, the school usually give parents yearly school course work so as to enable u monitor what ur child learn in school. For those advising you to stay back if u are earning 500k, I really don't know what to tell them but why not ask them to come back and earn 500k in Nigeria.

Many Nigerians who stick to minimum wage jobs are the most lazy ones, they want to push drugs and make 200million dollars over night. They practically doesnt wanna do anything meaningful with their life. Go to school, no way, do certification course, no way, collect loan and do biz, too difficult for them. Pls do not sit down and listen to Nigerians abroad. Get the immigrant visa if u can, leave ur family and come alone for 3months and if it doesnt meet your expectations, then go home.

I repeat, stop listening to most of our Nigerians abroad and do not allow age to deter ur plans whether 40yrs old or 50yrs old, opportunities are here for everyone but most of us are too lazy to grab it. Do not come after me because i do not have time to argue

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chelseamann(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2020
Investment opportunities should be discussed here for us to learn.
All this immigration talks should be taken to the travel section.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:56pm On May 03, 2020
chelseamann:
Investment opportunities should be discussed here for us to learn.
All this immigration talks should be taken to the travel section.

Investment is relative, some see immigration as an Investment
Some sell their houses, shares, portfolio Investments to the tune of N100 million and relocate. Which is a form of investment, if you ask me.

Although I can't engage in that type of investment. Very easy and possible for me to grow my N100 million to over N200 million within 5 years or less in Nigeria

27 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:16pm On May 03, 2020
needful:
Now I wanna comment on the issue of moving to Canada, get your credentials evaluated, write ur IELTs, get your pof intact and enter pool very fast. Points are dropping very fast and Candada will sure need more people considering covid 19.

I really do not understand the reason why we discourage people not to migrate to a place most of us have not been to. I had also heard about people lamenting on starting from the scratch and bla bla bla. Pls its not everyone that migrated to canada started from the scratch. Destiny and lucks with preparation differs. I personally started from the scratch because I moved to Canada as an Accountant but later decided to move into healthcare because of my kids. Oga moved as a welding Inspector but never started from the scratch because his job is in demand alot.

On the aspect of the kids, there are good schools here, ranging from Catholic to moslem schools where homosexuality wont be taught and even where its taught, the school usually give parents yearly school course work so as to enable u monitor what ur child learn in school. For those advising you to stay back if u are earning 500k, I really don't know what to tell them but why not ask them to come back and earn 500k in Nigeria.

Many Nigerians who stick to minimum wage jobs are the most lazy ones, they want to push drugs and make 200million dollars over night. They practically doesnt wanna do anything meaningful with their life. Go to school, no way, do certification course, no way, collect loan and do biz, too difficult for them. Pls do not sit down and listen to Nigerians abroad. Get the immigrant visa if u can, leave ur family and come alone for 3months and if it doesnt meet your expectations, then go home.

I repeat, stop listening to most of our Nigerians abroad and do not allow age to deter ur plans whether 40yrs old or 50yrs old, opportunities are here for everyone but most of us are too lazy to grab it. Do not come after me because i do not have time to argue

Thanks Needful

No time to waste

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:27pm On May 03, 2020
missjekyll:

He means that you ll be required to do all household chores on some days if your wife is working on that day.
You will also be required to do all household chores on some days just to give her a breathing space to pursue her leisure activities. You know,just as she gives you while you are watching the premier league.

You will also have to involve her in decision making because she will be making hefty financial contributions to the family.

That's the shock o. the very heavy shock.
How many African men can survive this shock?

I do all these with FUN in my house.
No big deal about it.
So for me, it won't be any shock.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:32pm On May 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Some sell their houses, shares, portfolio Investments to the tune of N100 million and relocate. Which is a form of investment, if you ask me.

Very true Sir.

Passing my professional exams were serious investment for me....more money, less jackie works.

Relocating is also a big investment for other people if you know why your relocating.

An investor remains an investor anywhere.

The little time you have with them, make it worthwhile.

Some children born in Nigeria may have deficit in good moral upbringing.

I have family members in Western Countries whose children are very well behaved more than some morally depleted children in Nigeria.

Parents have a major share in bringing up their children, and with Divine help, children will grow up with sound moral and African standards

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:39pm On May 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Although I can't engage in that type of investment. Very easy and possible for me to grow my N100 million to over N200 million within 5 years or less in Nigeria
list 5 top investment u will do to grow the money to 200m in 5 year time....Nb am joining u people in bank stock after lock down ...only teir 1 bank as 10 percents of my portfolio holdings

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:41pm On May 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
list 5 top investment u will do to grow the money to 200m in 5 year time....Nb am joining u people in bank stock after lock down ...only teir 1 bank as 10 percents of my portfolio holdings

Sir, you're welcome to Equities Portfolio Investments

Hahaha
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibechris2: 3:45pm On May 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

GOD BLESS U.
I STILL BELIEVE IN MAKING MONEY IN NIGERIA
THE LAND IS TOO FERTILE.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Growing and compounding it at 15% per annum will grow N100 million to N200 million in 5 years

15% is very conservative

A growth business will deliver a superior return.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:55pm On May 03, 2020
zamirikpo:

yea, uve expressed part of my fears...………...but starting early in more civilized setting gives them a better head start,plus better quality of live.

We may have good funds here but our quality of life is very poor.

I have lost many friends from preventable causes of deaths in Nigeria.

A woman relocated to Canada from a well paying job in Abuja, I asked her why she took such decision despite the wealth her family has in Abj.

She narrated her sad experience: how she lost her husband in National Hospital, Abuja.
To me it was a preventable death.

That if she remains in Nigeria, same fate may befall her remaining family members.
I quickly understand her reason for relocation and she is happy with herself and family.
.....my sanity is preserved over there..... were her words.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 4:08pm On May 03, 2020
ukay2:

A woman relocated to Canada from a well paying job in Abuja, I asked her why she took such decision despite the wealth her family has in Abj.

She narrated her sad experience: how she lost her husband in National Hospital, Abuja.

That if she remains in Nigeria, same fate may befall her remaining family members.

I quickly understand her reason for relocation and she is happy with herself and family.
Either she was running from debt,was not up to the wealth you described because of vantage point differences(clearly explains why the husband went to a public hospital for treatment) or this story is kind of false(I wonder who meets a most likely random person and start giving them reasons for their relocation).
Nobody doing well relocates.Who will they leave their business for?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:09pm On May 03, 2020
Godbpraised:
No body is against any one migrating, for me I migrated however, I am come to realize where ever u are making ur millions is home. You require money to leave the good life. If u know get money for Canada or US na suffer person day. The Indians moving to Nigeria they understand and see what Nigerians do not see. They make millions whilst we complain. Look at dangeote making good money from the economy. Opportunities strives where their issues and problems. Today I continue to think thoroughly how can I invest in Nigeria by making serious money, in Canada investments choices are not too Kool. Earning 1.5% in their bonds as compared to Nigeria 12.5% . The land nigeria is kool. People complain no power or light in Nigeria if i have millions of dollars and I know the political landscape well I will enjoy and make money just by providing power to millions of Nigerians, check it out 200millon to 70millon Canadians . I am an ardent investor not an emotional investor. I know a professor his Nigerian he schooled in the states he could have sat in the US, but his in Nigeria making Kool money. My sister if they tell me say money day Iraq or sudan i day go their. I do not want to work 9am to 5pm all my life. Finally guys this tread is not an immigration thread, let's discuss investment. Guys the government is coming to the financial market to source for 850billon loan , I am thinking government would release TB bills, suku bonds to the market get ready to take position.

Sir, most Nigerians outside the shores of this country also follow you in invest in most investment you are doing here. They earn hard currencies, convert it to our naira, invest in all FGN SECURITIES, Stocks, MMF, Real Estates, etc.

Moreover, they manage better quality of life and security.

A bank manager was kidnapped and spent over 2 weeks in captivity, experienced he said was very horrible ,paid ransom of N10Million. Is this life ? .....was his question to me .
He relocated his family to Canada last year and his already settling down well.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:12pm On May 03, 2020
Grupo:

Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:14pm On May 03, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Either she was running from debt,was not up to the wealth you described because of vantage point differences(clearly explains why the husband went to a public hospital for treatment) or this story is kind of false(I wonder who meets a most likely random person and start giving them reasons for their relocation).

Oga, you know you have strength for arguments.

I never chop a beg.

Thanks always.

21 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:25pm On May 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Growing and compounding it at 15% per annum will grow N100 million to N200 million in 5 years

15% is very conservative

A growth business will deliver a superior return.
ok was not talking of business or enterprise....growth in terms of securities...example 100m splited into tb ,bond , shares ,rents ..etc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 4:25pm On May 03, 2020
Ukay make we discuss investment here, i beg i know get strength for canada vs nigeria talk. Una bros na money i dey find if he dey somalia or sudan i dey go , quality of life without money no make sense.
ukay2:

Sir, most Nigerians outside the shores of this country also follow you in invest in most investment you are doing here. They earn hard currencies, convert it to our naira, invest in all FGN SECURITIES, Stocks, MMF, Real Estates, etc.

Moreover, they manage better quality of life and security.

A bank manager was kidnapped and spent over 2 weeks in captivity, experienced he said was very horrible ,paid ransom of N10Million. Is this life ? .....was his question to me .
He relocated his family to Canada last year and his already settling down well.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 4:26pm On May 03, 2020
Theconglomerate:
National Hospital remains one of the best hospitals in Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:28pm On May 03, 2020
ukay2:

bob risky didnt grow up in the west before he became she

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.