Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4468097 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Penboy: 11:32am On May 09, 2020
Okay.. So how can one go about it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:36am On May 09, 2020
Hmmmm, that's another angle to it. Perhaps I judged too early.
emmanuelewumi:

Speak for yourself, the lady is a graduate whose husband did not allow to work there must be a reason for that.

Some people will not want you to have a plan B, but they will always want you to be totally dependent on them.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:41am On May 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It happens even in private hospitals. How some women inflate the bill and settles the doctors and the accounts staff of the hospital.

Nawaoooo

Things are really deteriorating fast.

Have not had experience this, maybe becauseof my stand against corruption anywhere.

Maywe not be apart of these bad attitudes.

What we get from took picks never feel stomach.

You can't partake in corrupt practices and you want God to bless the works of your hands.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:43am On May 09, 2020
It happens to both men and women. I used to have a neighbour who claimed to be a businessman, the wife was an accountant with one of the multinational oil companies with office on Victoria island

When the couple were building their house at Ajao Estate, the husband would inflate and double the cost of materials, he also did the same with mechanics for the repairs of the family cars

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 11:44am On May 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It happens even in private hospitals. How some women inflate the bill and settles the doctors and the accounts staff of the hospital.

Using an HMO plan could mitigate this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:46am On May 09, 2020
ojesymsym:
This your story. It's the reason why men sometimes act the way they do. First, in credit to woman, she has a good savings culture after all she didn't waste the money.

Since she asked for investment advise and not marriage counseling, you gave her the very best advice. However, she just lost an opportunity to earn the complete trust of her husband. If she has presented her husband with that 5 million and told him that she has been saving it from the 150 for the family, I can almost swear that oga will increase the amount to 200k per month and brag to all and sundry that he has a very good wife.
I think she missed an opportunity. Women and secrets Sha. I fear people that don't fear them.

She is already involved in corruption and she will continue until she seeks God's mercy and restitutions.

What we do in secretes always show in one way or the other....especially in ways we may have forgotten

It pays to be truthful always.

We have power over our choices, but we dont have power over the consequences that will follow later.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:48am On May 09, 2020
olujaidi:

People also influence HMOs.

It's just to decide not to partake in corrupt practices
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 11:49am On May 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

author=Theconglomerate post=89333528]People that can't trust their wives usually feels so because they make zero income and probably came from a place that could use a lot of help,in other words make them no use their money take solve family problems of their in laws.. grin grin grin
That is why it is always good to be on a certain social strata before getting married,not just to raise a comfortable family but also increases one's reach in the kind of families he will pick a wife from.
No be that kind family weh you go Marry wife and you hear say them don roof house weh their late father abandon 25 years ago just after you marry her,instead of you to be happy for them,you go start to wonder why it happened immediately after you marry their daughter.
"Could it be coincidence?"you will ask yourself
Or did I just marry a BIG FAT FÙCKING RAT grin grin grin that I will be stocked with for the rest of my life shocked shocked shocked
Immediately your hair will start falling off in your early thirties due to over thinking and the inevitable financial mishap that awaits you.
One will stop eating,start daydreaming,losing focus and start exhibiting symptoms of poverty even before it starts and then the shocking news will come grin
Guess what it is;
The mother in law that had 2 lazy grown up sons and semi frustrated daughters that could barely fix their leaking roof for 7 years just took delivery of a new SUV and now wear only gold necklace and now tie hollandis wrapper to sit at home.
And then yours truly,the angel God personally sent to rescue a generation out of poverty will pay a visit one day to them,stays dumbfounded,goes back home with his wife and die of heart attack leaving behind all what he has toiled for,for a people he don't know.. grin grin grin cheesy
I will be the last person to date or marry a poor woman angry
This story is very generic and refers to no one in particular,take it to heart at your own risk cos I won't bother responding to criticism.
It is not an advise!

So you want to marry a woman that is not poor? What is your definition of a poor woman?

I think one should not marry a lazy woman, with the wrong attitude about money. This include making of money and management of money.
Avoid women and people with an entitlement mentality.

Avoid selfish people.

A lady once got in touch with me on Nairaland, she is a full time house wife. She wanted to invest N10 millon. I always ask people the source of their funds
The woman said her husband placed her on a monthly salary of 150k every month, she inflated house expenses and the children school fees. Which she claimed she uses in settling her parents and siblings expenses.

I now told her to first of all discuss with her husband, because my wife always seek my advice whenever she wants to invest.

But this woman said she could not tell her husband, she said if the husband should know that she has that type of fund, the husband might reduce her salary, reduce house upkeep allowance, start paying the school fees himself and scrutinize all expenses.

Apart from that she said her husband was currently broke, he needed a loan of N5 million from his bank that will fetch him a profit of N2 million.

I sha advised her to buy money market funds, but whenever I remember that encounter it makes me to fear and respect some women.

Madam don't be offended if you are reading this, I didn't put your name. We are only sharing experience.

This is a deeply unhappy woman. The husband has not put any effort into making the closest human being to him happy. He deserves all he is getting.

EDIT:I just read that he stopped her,a graduate,from working. This is his karma.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:50am On May 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
It happens to both men and women. I used to have a neighbour who claimed to be a businessman, the wife was an accountant with one of the multinational oil companies with office on Victoria island

When the couple were building their house at Ajao Estate, the husband would inflate and double the cost of materials, he also did the same with mechanics for the repairs of the family cars

Mmmmmm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:58am On May 09, 2020
missjekyll:

This is a deeply unhappy woman. The husband has not put any effort into making the closest human being to him happy. He deserves all he is getting.

EDIT:I just read that he stopped her,a graduate,from working. This is his karma.

He doesn't want the wife to be richer than him naaaw...

Okonji Iweala is richer than her husband, that would not have happened if she was a full time house wife
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 11:58am On May 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

So you want to marry a woman that is not poor? What is your definition of a poor woman?

I think one should not marry a lazy woman, with the wrong attitude about money. This include making of money and management of money.
Avoid women and people with an entitlement mentality.

Avoid selfish people.

A lady once got in touch with me on Nairaland, she is a full time house wife. She wanted to invest N10 millon. I always ask people the source of their funds
The woman said her husband placed her on a monthly salary of 150k every month, she inflated house expenses and the children school fees. Which she claimed she uses in settling her parents and siblings expenses.

I now told her to first of all discuss with her husband, because my wife always seek my advice whenever she wants to invest.

But this woman said she could not tell her husband, she said if the husband should know that she has that type of fund, the husband might reduce her salary, reduce house upkeep allowance, start paying the school fees himself and scrutinize all expenses.

Apart from that she said her husband was currently broke, he needed a loan of N5 million from his bank that will fetch him a profit of N2 million.

I sha advised her to buy money market funds, but whenever I remember that encounter it makes me to fear and respect some women.

Madam don't be offended if you are reading this, I didn't put your name. We are only sharing experience.

Women have finessed boyfriends and husbands since tipe tipe. I remember hearing such stories as a child and as an adult from older women with all sorts of justifications. If the husband tries to question these things they resort to using his sense of responsibility against him with emotional blackmail (among other tools). These aren't even housewives o. They're professionals with established careers.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:59am On May 09, 2020
olujaidi:

Yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:02pm On May 09, 2020
He placed her on 150k salary as compensation for not working and trust her enough not to be crosschecking little details here and there. It's amazing how you completely blamed the man for a life many women would dream of.

missjekyll:

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 12:03pm On May 09, 2020
ukay2:

People also influence HMOs.

It's just to decide not to partake in corrupt practices

Agreed but only up to a point. If you've paid the premium, your medical costs will be covered to some extent (depending on your plan) which limits the out of pocket expenses. Also, some employers pay for health insurance so the premium doesn't need to come from the staff. In which case, the amount that can be swindled is much lower than it would have been otherwise
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 12:07pm On May 09, 2020
missjekyll:

She's taking advantage of his trust. If not, why hasn't she stopped it? Instead she's afraid that she won't be able to continue. Her current career is to fleece him, lol. It looks like she feels justified to do so. If so, what could her motivation be?

Are you disguising selfishness as karma? In that case, what's her own karma?

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 09, 2020
NL1960:

Where are you presently based?.

Ph sir. Why?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:11pm On May 09, 2020
Except this case is exactly like that but some men when they reach a certain social status feel it is belittling for their wives to be under some form of employment. Some see it as a way of protecting their investment. A man that can pay a wife and income 1.8m per annum is not a poor man, what business can the woman do that she would quickly be able to be ahead of the man when she does not have the experience.
Some men also feel that their homefront should not be abandoned by both father and mother.
emmanuelewumi:

He doesn't want the wife to be richer than him naaaw

Okonji Iweala is richer than her husband, that would not have happened if she was a full time house wife

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:25pm On May 09, 2020
ojesymsym:
Except this case is exactly like that but some men when they reach a certain social status feel it is belittling for their wives to be under some form of employment. Some see it as a way of protecting their investment. A man that can pay a wife and income 1.8m per annum is not a poor man, what business can the woman do that she would quickly be able to be ahead of the man when she does not have the experience.
Some men also feel that their homefront should not be abandoned by both father and mother.

He should set up a business for her, but some men are afraid the wife's business can become so big.

An electrician set up a bukateria for his wife, the woman made good morning from this business. And wanted to assist the man with the house rent, school fees and other domestic expenses, but the husband refused. He is the sole provider and will not accept any assistance from his wife

They were living at Ajegunle, the woman used her excess funds to buy a plot of land at Iyana Iba and started building a bungalow of two flats . Which was completed in five years.

Meanwhile the husband the sole provider does not have a house in Lagos.

It got to a time when their house at Ajegunle was sold and the family had to relocate to another part of Lagos

Do you know that the man paid house rent for 2 years before he got to know that his wife was his landlady .

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 09, 2020
Theconglomerate:
445. Speculators,exporters and yahoo boys are winning... smiley It is safe to assume emefiele might be running out of magic now. Don't take my word for anything,I might be drunk on tomato paste smiley
I wish I had bought earlier, the current price is high.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 12:29pm On May 09, 2020
olujaidi:

Agreed but only up to a point. If you've paid the premium, your medical costs will be covered to some extent (depending on your plan) which limits the out of pocket expenses. Also, some employers pay for health insurance so the premium doesn't need to come from the staff

Yes Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:34pm On May 09, 2020
Most of the day eatry outlets in Lagos eg Tantalizers, Sweet Sensations, Mama Kas etc are small businesses which some men established for their wives which now became so big and then feeding the whole family

Same with some of the very big private schools like Chrisland etc

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:37pm On May 09, 2020
I think Tantanlizer and one prominent pharmaceutical are a partnership between husband and wife.

emmanuelewumi:
Most of the day eatry outlets in Lagos eg Tantalizers, Sweet Sensations, Mama Kas etc are small businesses which some men established for their wives which now became so big and then feeding the whole family

Same with some of the very big private schools like Chrisland etc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:38pm On May 09, 2020
Those are the extreme macho men.

emmanuelewumi:

He should set up a business for her, but some men are afraid the wife's business can become so big.

An electrician set up a bukateria for his wife, the woman made good morning from this business. And wanted to assist the man with the house rent, school fees and other domestic expenses, but the husband refused. He is the sole provider and will not accept any assistance from his wife

They were living at Ajegunle, the woman used her excess funds to buy a plot of land at Iyana Iba and started building a bungalow of two flats . Which was completed in five years.

It got to a time when their house at Ajegunle was sold and the family had to relocate to another part of Lagos

Do you know that the man paid house rent for 2 years before he got to know that his wife was his landlady .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:40pm On May 09, 2020
ojesymsym:
I think Tantanlizer and one prominent pharmaceutical are a partnership between husband and wife.

Mrs Ayeni was running the business from their house at Festac, before the husband resigned to join in the business.

The wife is the MD of the business, while the husband is the chairman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 12:41pm On May 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

He doesn't want the wife to be richer than him naaaw...

Okonjo-Iweala's husband is a neurosurgeon. I might be mistaken but that's probably the best paying medical specialty which currently pays a median salary of 656k. The president of the world Bank earns $516k. Now he's always been a neurosurgeon but she wasn't always a top shot or minister.

I can only compare based on salary. I don't have details of other compensation from board positions or investments

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 12:43pm On May 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

So that story is true. Lol

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:44pm On May 09, 2020
ojesymsym:
Those are the extreme macho men.

Suffering and smiling, the problems of the average Nigerian men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 12:45pm On May 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Suffering and smiling, the problems of the average Nigerian men.

Loooooool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:49pm On May 09, 2020
olujaidi:

Okonjo-Iweala's husband is a neurosurgeon. I might be mistaken but that's probably the best paying medical specialty which pays a median salary of 656k. The president of the world Bank earns $516k.

I can only compare based on salary. I don't have details of other compensation from board positions or investments

She is richer than the husband. How many surgeries will the husband perform in a year.
She is an Economist and a Finance professional, this people understand the language of finance and money. So forget salaries...

The CEO of Access Bank earns less than N80 million per annum, but over N900 million as dividends.

For people finance, investment income is the real deal

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 12:52pm On May 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

She is richer than the husband. How many surgeries will the husband perform in a year.
She is an Economist and a Finance professional, this people understand the language of finance and money. So forget salaries...

The CEO of Access Bank earns less than N80 million per annum, but over N900 million as dividends.

Na so Sir.

Na why we are following your advice.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 12:54pm On May 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I didn't base my argument on investment income because we don't have those details. Chances are he has investments too.

You'd be surprised that there are a lot of finance professionals who don't know these things. You'd expect an accountant to be prudent or a smart financial decision maker but that's not always the case

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.