Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,024 members, 7,849,137 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4486021 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) ... (2239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:00pm On May 14, 2020
Paulfroshman:
I need investment advice from the bosses in the house. I'm planning to invest with a real estate company (zylushomes), the vendor is (Oga For Property). They have estates in ibeju lekki just like revolution plus property. Their ROI Is 30% and one can invest for as many years as one wants. The company has been in operation for 3years.

Stated above is all I have gathered about the company and I have also visited their office in lekki. The estates serves as security for investment.

Is there anyone that has invested with such company, experiences, any red flag to look out for. I will appreciate the opinion of everyone. Thanks in anticipation

Where will you get the ROI of 30% from? Rental income or what?

How much are you expected to invest?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 4:14pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

Such is life bro. If i don't, someone else will do especially your politicians.
If they are good leaders, they wont be producing bad followers
boss... i sent you a pm. Would want to discuss something with you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmaodet: 4:17pm On May 14, 2020
kristien4:
boss... i sent you a pm. Would want to discuss something with you.

Alright bro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 4:26pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

Alright bro
That guy fit be EFCC oo grin
Maybe you don't know but round tripping,arbitration,currency smuggling,etc are big financial crimes.
All they need to establish is a name,link this your testimony/confession on this thread to your email which he will get when you reply his pm and link the email you use in creating this account to your phone number which is registered in your name,then they've got a clear case in court gringrin
You have already started it here,I will finish whatever inquiry anyone has online if I were you grin
Person go use em hand cast himself undecided

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmaodet: 4:36pm On May 14, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Maybe you don't know but round tripping,arbitration,currency smuggling,etc are big financial crimes.
All they need to establish is a name,link this your testimony/confession on this thread to your email which he will get when you reply his pm and link the email you use in creating this account to your phone number which is registered in your name,then they've got a clear case in court gringrin
You have already started it here,I will finish whatever inquiry anyone has online if I were you grin

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
Logo, i no even think am go dat side.
O boyyyyyyyyy
Thanks broda.
Man don dey jones ooo

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Paulfroshman: 4:38pm On May 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Where will you get the ROI of 30% from? Rental income or what?

How much are you expected to invest?

From 1m but I plan to invest 10m.

The ROI would be gotten from estate/land appreciation as they have like 3 estates currently selling

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 4:41pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
O boyyyyyyyyy
Thanks broda.
Man don dey jones ooo
No shakes bro, wink

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Duakkie: 4:41pm On May 14, 2020
I'm interested in the loan scheme
ahiboilandgas:
how is an investment? Your best strategy is to look for scholarships ( Australia is very expensive more thank uk or canada ) is not a place to manage .2 they have express entry like canada ...which will cost u less than 500k ...check their are threads 4 their a guy that run a loan scheme here (look for him) ..5 fcmb (has foreign education loan).......

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:48pm On May 14, 2020
Paulfroshman:

From 1m but I plan to invest 10m.

The ROI would be gotten from estate/land appreciation as they have like 3 estates currently selling

That is speculation, what if does not happen until another 3 years time? What if the land is currently over priced?

Find out how much it Will cost to rent a 3 bedroom flat in that area, that will help me in determining what the price of a plot of land should be

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 4:50pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
O boyyyyyyyyy
Thanks broda.
Man don dey jones ooo
Wait, that guy na logobenz?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 4:54pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
O boyyyyyyyyy
Thanks broda.
Man don dey jones ooo
Me that want u to tutor me... atleast our discuss will remain anonymous. Na money we all dey find. Abeg respond to the pm

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 4:57pm On May 14, 2020
Theconglomerate:
grin grin See where your mind go.. you are evil grin grin. Abeg I come in peace.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 4:59pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
O boyyyyyyyyy
Thanks broda.
Man don dey jones ooo
But if you insist I can just ask my questions here sha.. ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 5:07pm On May 14, 2020
Akin3891:
Hello egbon, kindly explain this investments. I got the offer from fbnquest. Like how much will I get at the end of the tenure, and does it worth it. Thanks
Sir, please which bond is this ?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 5:16pm On May 14, 2020
Akin3891:
Hello egbon, kindly explain this investments. I got the offer from fbnquest. Like how much will I get at the end of the tenure, and does it worth it. Thanks

If you want to buy a bond of 1M naira for example. Keeping an eye on the yield to maturity of 8.44% and maturing in 35 months time i.e April 2023 I can deduce the following for you.

1. You will pay about 1.11M to obtain the bond of 1M
2. Your coupon payment of 12.75% will be based on 1M naira which is approx 64k every 6 months
3. Upon maturity in April 2023, the principal you will be paid is 1M naira plus the last coupon payment of 64k

You will be buying this bond at a premium.

NB
The investor who bought in the primary market or when the bond was initially floated and invested 1M for example is also earning same coupon as you. The difference is that you paid a premium of 1.11M to get the 1M naira bond. That's 110 thousand naira extra.

I used the 1M just for calculations. You may not buy bonds with 1M. It depends on the brokers.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 5:17pm On May 14, 2020
Phyde:

Sir, please which bond is this ?
FG bond

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 5:19pm On May 14, 2020
Paulfroshman:
I need investment advice from the bosses in the house. I'm planning to invest with a real estate company (zylushomes), the vendor is (Oga For Property). They have estates in ibeju lekki just like revolution plus property. Their ROI Is 30% and one can invest for as many years as one wants. The company has been in operation for 3years.

Stated above is all I have gathered about the company and I have also visited their office in lekki. The estates serves as security for investment.

Is there anyone that has invested with such company, experiences, any red flag to look out for. I will appreciate the opinion of everyone. Thanks in anticipation
Throw that money inside FG bond stabic IBTC with 10m

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Burchester: 5:21pm On May 14, 2020
Is government bond interest compounded annually?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:25pm On May 14, 2020
Pascopele:

Best advice for the safety and liquidity of your fund

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Paulfroshman: 5:38pm On May 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

That is speculation, what if does not happen until another 3 years time? What if the land is currently over priced?

Find out how much it Will cost to rent a 3 bedroom flat in that area, that will help me in determining what the price of a plot of land should be

Thanks for your response sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 5:39pm On May 14, 2020
unite4real:

If you want to buy a bond of 1M naira for example. Keeping an eye on the yield to maturity of 8.44% and maturing in 35 months time i.e April 2023 I can deduce the following for you.

1. You will pay about 1.11M to obtain the bond of 1M
2. Your coupon payment of 12.75% will be based on 1M naira which is approx 64k every 6 months
3. Upon maturity in April 2023, the principal you will be paid is 1M naira plus the last coupon payment of 64k

You will be buying this bond at a premium.

NB
The investor who bought in the primary market or when the bond was initially floated and invested 1M for example is also earning same coupon as you. The difference is that you paid a premium of 1.11M to get the 1M naira bond. That's 110 thousand naira extra.

I used the 1M just for calculations. You may not buy bonds with 1M. It depends on the brokers.

They just paid a coupon on this bond last month. There are 6 more coupons to go including the bullet
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Paulfroshman: 5:41pm On May 14, 2020
Pascopele:

What is the current rate and how can I go about it?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Paulfroshman: 5:50pm On May 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

They have an estate very close to amen estate and the rent is around 2m to 2.5m.

Below is some of their estates.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 6:27pm On May 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How much are you investing?

I'm investing xx m, with this how much will I get per year. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:36pm On May 14, 2020
Akin3891:

I'm investing 55 m, with this how much will I get per year. Thanks.

N2.35 million every 6 months. Total of N4.7 million in a year

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:38pm On May 14, 2020
Paulfroshman:

They have an estate very close to amen estate and the rent is around 2m to 2.5m.

Below is some of their estates.

Can you pay today and start development of your property tomorrow?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmaodet: 6:41pm On May 14, 2020
kristien4:
But if you insist I can just ask my questions here sha.. ?

I will tutor you a bit here

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Midex88(m): 6:59pm On May 14, 2020
Akin3891:

Hmmmm.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 7:08pm On May 14, 2020
Akin3891:

You are buying the bond at premium. For a 55M 12.75% bond maturing in April 2023 having a yield of 8.44%,

You will be paying about 60.1M to get this bond at 55M. The difference of 5.1M is the price to pay following the low yield and time to maturity and consideration that a coupon was just paid last month and having just 6 coupons left

Your coupon payment will be on the 55M and that's about 3.5M every 6 months.

Your principal upon maturity is 55M. Next coupon is in October

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 7:17pm On May 14, 2020
unite4real:

You are buying the bond at premium. For a 55M 12.75% bond maturing in April 2023 having a yield of 8.44%,

You will be paying about 60.1M to get this bond at 55M. The difference of 5.1M is the price to pay following the low yield and time to maturity and consideration that a coupon was just paid last month and having just 6 coupons left

Please educate me on how you calculated the difference of 5.1M to be paid following the low yield and time to maturity.
Many thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 7:19pm On May 14, 2020
unite4real:

But if all u have is 55M then your face value will be approx 50M and you have to do your calculations of 12.75% on the 50M. That's about 3.18M every 6 months.

Ofcourse your principal at maturity will be 50M and not the 55M because you purchased at premium

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 7:20pm On May 14, 2020
unite4real:

Hello unite4real,

Please how and when can I buy FG bond directly ?

I just got my TB money back today and I would like to invest it in bonds or something else with better rate than TB as long as my Principal is guaranteed

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) ... (2239) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Chully01(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.