Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4467109 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:18pm On May 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
The poor rate in tb has a cycle ...we where doning poor rate of 4.5 ,7 etc back then but inflations was single digits and naira stable for a decade

We got about 15% around 2016 or thereabout
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:21pm On May 15, 2020
Unless stock that return over 30 percents that can neutralise the effect of weak currency over years...in 2005 my dad was changing pounds at 240 to pay school fees in university of Wolverhampton..now am changing at 430 per euro to pay fees in Lyit ireland...it crazy....my child my end up needing around 1000 naira to a pound in 12 year time.......

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:24pm On May 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

We got about 15% around 2016 or thereabout
i got it 18.3 i stop going to bank na only soft copy now ( they look at person strangely)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 5:24pm On May 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Good points but u always scatter it toward the end with abuses ...pls cool down a bit and be civil

I won't even dignify that nebbish with a response, glaringly he's unstable.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:25pm On May 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Am done with the useless and God forsaken currency called Naira ..if Dangote can open office in New York to invest in teach companies in order to retain the value of his wealth on behalf his family then u i be...look at the vp asset declaration 1m pound , look at makinde 2.5 m dollars ....so why me go hold naira when 90 percent of things i use now and future will be affected by depreciation...i used to buy p axalzin drug for 550 naira now 1.100 naira ...

The VP and Makinde which you quoted are diversified which is very good. They have less than 25% of their Networth in forex.

They have assets, like real estate, shares, fixed deposit, and businesses.

Dangote is trying to diversify, which is not a bad thing I can assure you that more than 70% of Dangote Networth will still be Naira denominated assets, except if he wants to create a GDR for his shares in Dangote cement, Dangote sugar and Dangote Refinery. Which will now be denonimated in forex and are traded on New York Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange. There limit to the size of GDR that he can still create

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:29pm On May 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The VP and Making which you quoted are diversify which is very good. They have less than 25% of their Networth in forex.

They have assets, like real estate, shares, fixed deposit, and businesses.

Dangote is trying to diversify, which is not a bad thing I can assure you that more than 70% of Dangote Networth will still be Naira denominated assets, except if he wants to create a GDR for his shares in Dangote cement, Dangote sugar and Dangote Refinery. There is a limit to the size of GDR that he can still create
yes sir ..i diversify with the danger of deregulation...i will soon join u people in stock markets

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:30pm On May 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Unless stock that return over 30 percents that can neutralise the effect of weak currency over years...in 2005 my dad was changing pounds at 240 to pay school fees in university of Wolverhampton..now am changing at 430 per euro to pay fees in Lyit ireland...it crazy....my child my end up needing around 1000 naira to a pound in 12 year time.......

2005 to 2020 is about 15 years, you would have gotten more than 100% returns from real estate and other income generating, the trick is that less than 30% of our assets should be in cash or liquid assets

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 5:31pm On May 15, 2020
Akin3891:

I won't even dignify that nebbish with a response, glaringly he's unstable.
I'm unstable but you are the one looking to invest in fixed income under "probable" circumstances.
I actually choked on my coffee when I saw that cheesy
Keep your response as your reasoning has already told me the kind of person it will be coming from smiley
No one is conversing with you so why do you think your response matters? undecided
Jeez.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:33pm On May 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

2005 to 2020 is about 15 years, you will gotten more than 100% returns from real estate and other income generating, the trick is that less than 30% of our assets should be in cash or liquid assets
yes sir..u be veteran ..i be self taught am now seening clear very clear my friend builts his house for 5m in 2006 ,stayed for 12 years sold for 35m

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:33pm On May 15, 2020
Theconglomerate:
I'm unstable but you are the one looking to invest in fixed income under "probable" circumstances.
Keep your response as your reasoning has already told me the kind of person it will be coming from smiley
No one is conversing with you so why do you think your response matters? undecided
Jeez.
we don beg u

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 5:34pm On May 15, 2020
Guys lets stop the attack on each other. I am learning a lot

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:37pm On May 15, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Jeez.

Some people have always invested in only fixed income and have done well for themselves.An elderly woman built her fixed income to over N200 million and will never invest in real estate.

In investment it is a matter of different strokes for different folks

I have known Akin on this thread for about 4 years, it is strictly Treasury Bills or nothing, na condition make am consider FG bonds

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by contumely2: 5:41pm On May 15, 2020
pluto09:

It is very volatile for now.
This is not unexpected giving the uncertainty in the fx market.
The busd/ NGN market mirrors the naira dollar exchange in the parallel market for now.
If you want to buy and hold you may wait a little while for some pullback.
ok tnx
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 5:42pm On May 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Some people have always invested in only fixed income and have done well for themselves.An elderly woman built her fixed income to over N200 million and will never invest in real estate.

I have known Akin on this thread for about 4 years, it is strictly Treasury Bills or nothing, na condition make am consider FG bonds
I am not saying fixed income is a bad thing,but now?
It will make whoever involved in it helpless at these times,when he knows he could have saved himself had he been liquid.
That is what I mean.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:43pm On May 15, 2020
When pound was 220....now school don jump to 13500 x570 ...chai....there ia God ooooh Nigeria and naira

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:49pm On May 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Dr faruk umar was against real estate for several decade ,he encouraged his wealthy elder brother to sell his bunch of houses and invest in the markets ...the old man refuse...playing lip service ...today Dr faruk is a billionaire with huge holdings in good firms and have several choice properties bought from dividens....he has about 15 apartments in 1004 estate and bought over first bank training school Building...back in 1992 dr was in a rented apartment....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 15, 2020
How far with treasury bills? What are the rates now?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:52pm On May 15, 2020
Dangote is huge. He will get a dividend of over N200 billion from Dangote cement next month. It is possible for him to convert some of the dividends to forex, but substantial value of his Networth will be in Naira. He makes the bulk of his money in Naira, except for the revenue from West Africa, and East African countries that are denominated in forex

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:54pm On May 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Dr faruk umar was against real estate for several decade ,he encouraged his wealthy elder brother to sell his bunch of houses and invest in the markets ...the old man refuse...playing lip service ...today Dr faruk is a billionaire with huge holdings in good firms and have several choice properties bought from dividens....he has about 15 apartments in 1004 estate and bought over first bank training school Building...back in 1992 dr was in a rented apartment....

Another quiet billionaire from Kano with PhD in Education, he worked briefly with late MKO Abiola

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tomtom370: 5:58pm On May 15, 2020
Fantastic proposition.

It’s unfortunate that the housing deficit continues to grow despite available strategies and resources to tackle it.

I don tire sef! Thinking of Nigeria’s problems could be overwhelmingly depressing.

emmanuelewumi:

20 years and above FG bonds can be invested in massive housing that will cost between N3 millon to N5 million per housing unit.

There should be a mortgage financing scheme where workers who have a minimum of N1 million in their retirement savings accounts domiciled with Pension Fund Managers, can borrow against their contributions. Such loans should be liquidated in a maximum of 20 years.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:02pm On May 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

UAC Property and Union Homes formed a consortium which bought 1004 from FG at N3billion or average of N3 millon per flat.

The consortium renovated the estate and resold the apartments at an average of N7 million each. Making a total revenue of N7 billion

Dr Umar was a major shareholder and director of Union Homes, that afforded him the opportunity to have 15 flats at 1004 Estate Victoria island generating N60 millon or thereabout as rental income

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 6:08pm On May 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

UAC Property and Union Homes formed a consortium which bought 1004 from FG at N3billion or average of N3 millon per flat.

The consortium renovated the estate and resold the apartments at an average of N7 million each. Making a total revenue of N7 billion

Dr Umar was a major shareholder and director of Union Homes, that afforded him the opportunity to have 15 flats at 1004 Estate Victoria island generating N60 millon or thereabout as rental income

So much cool money to be making if one is well informed and positioned appropriately.

Thank you Sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:30pm On May 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

chai ..oga make we do collabo open business school...oga u supposed to be a guest lecturere for business school..i kept wondering how he dole out over 300m for those apartments ....he subsides 1 for me when i was in Lagos then....i now understand how this guys are always very rich(na investment) he told me he has another property that pays 100k dollars annually....now i understand na through uac properties ....God bless u sir ...u are a blessing to nairaland ...

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:34pm On May 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Another quiet billionaire from Kano with PhD in Education, he worked briefly with late MKO Abiola
very true campaigns manager northwest hope 1993 elections mko foundation paid for his phd in American.....oga how u take know all this things with presicion

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kayc0(f): 6:47pm On May 15, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 6:57pm On May 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
chai ..oga make we do collabo open business school...oga u supposed to be a guest lecturere for business school..i kept wondering how he dole out over 300m for those apartments ....he subsides 1 for me when i was in Lagos then....i now understand how this guys are always very rich(na investment) he told me he has another property that pays 100k dollars annually....now i understand na through uac properties ....God bless u sir ...u are a blessing to nairaland ...

He is indeed a blessing ..........I come here to listen to your word of advice and learn at your feet daily .
How i wish i know this years back ...Thank God for both of you and may the Almighty God bless you real Good .
Have not been able to get my feet but i am already making a move.......still looking for a safe way to keep my 1 million naira and for it to yield interest, hoping Treasury Bill interest will increase. Any advice on this will be appreciated

thanks

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 7:04pm On May 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The guy appear knowledgeable but unstable, hence his distorted msg. Does he even know how many houses I have before being hell-bent for me to go build a house with my capital . What you don't know is bigger than you and you just have to be inquisitive sometimes so as not to make mistakes, that's why I have been asking questions lately regarding fg bonds , which I believe some people have learnt from the given answers by sensible contributors. Most things I know abt fixed income investments were learnt here cos the bank consider it a top secret and wouldn't divulge. I've made huge millions learning from here, kudos to the gallant contributors. , to me quoting someone or writing here goes beyond inprint, it's like I'm seeing you physically, and the respect I cld accord you physically should mirror in my messages.

33 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:24pm On May 15, 2020
abraolas1:

He is indeed a blessing ..........I come here to listen to your word of advice and learn at your feet daily .
How i wish i know this years back ...Thank God for both of you and may the Almighty God bless you real Good .
Have not been able to get my feet but i am already making a move.......still looking for a safe way to keep my 1 million naira and for it to yield interest, hoping Treasury Bill interest will increase. Any advice on this will be appreciated

thanks
it already increasing gradually...it might take 6 cycles to be meaningful
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:28pm On May 15, 2020
Akin3891:

The guy appear knowledgeable but unstable, hence his distorted msg. Does he even know how many houses I have before being hell-bent for me to go build a house with my capital . What you don't know is bigger than you and you just have to be inquisitive sometimes so as not to make mistakes, that's why I have been asking questions lately regarding fg bonds , which I believe some people have learnt from the given answers by sensible contributors. Most things I know abt fixed income investments were learnt here cos the bank consider it a top secret and wouldn't divulge. I've made huge millions learning from here, kudos to the gallant contributors. , to me quoting someone or writing here goes beyond inprint, it's like I'm seeing you physically, and the respect I cld accord you physically should mirror in my messages.
some are a painned with fixed income investors but i dont know why cos must income for fixed income come from hustle from the real economy...if i kept expanding fleets i might have heart attack some day

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 7:32pm On May 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
some are a painned with fixed income investors but i dont know why cos must income for fixed income come from hustle from the real economy...if i kept expanding fleets i might have heart attack some day

Na so

Good Bond Investments keep you rich without stress,while you sleep peacefullly.

Hahahahaha

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 7:35pm On May 15, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Yes,hedging with USD is false sense of security,especially in a volatile economy like Nigeria where politics is placed well ahead of economics,unless a person will want to relocate in times of crises such as this,which still won't matter unless you hedged with some good numbers,like $1m+...
So rather than being under probability both ways,why not hedge with something real,especially for someone says he has 55m naira to invest?
Everybody knows this.
Also if at all a person wants to hedge,will you hedge when you are already in the midst of the crises with currency?
Hedging with currency is done in normalcy,not in times like this.
That is the most risky stuff I've ever heard

I agreed with your risky point, not with your point about the USD though. Now that you put it like this, this is common sense. You made it sound as if anything to do with the USD is a bad idea.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 7:40pm On May 15, 2020
ukay2:

Na so

Good Bond Investments keep you rich without stress,while you sleep peacefullly.

Hahahahaha

Any Advice on how to go about this ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: codemarshal08(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.