Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446053 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 10:30pm On May 17, 2020
You are right bro..Thats $4200 PER MONTH after tax compared to my $6300 PER YEAR I was earning living in Nigeria..Guess what; in canada aint nothing like a best life, its an egalitarian society.Everyone is entitled to the good quality of life the country offers its citizens, regardless of whether you a millonaire of not..Unless your definitio of best life is going on vaçations on a yatch.lol..Take it or leave it, quality of life here beats what is obtainable in Nigeria..I love 9ja but thankGod I relocated.

My unborn children will no what it meana to live in a sane society where hardwork/excellence is rewarded even tho one dosnt have connections in high places..Peace yall..Let everyone do what works best for them

oluayebenz:

You are earning just 4,200cdn monthly even with lots of OT.

That isnt enough to live the best life in that part of the world

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 10:37pm On May 17, 2020
I dont think he read my first post..Funny enough there is a dude here who is preaching against relocation, but a couple of months ago I saw him asking questions om how he can relocate his family to Canada on the Canada express entry thread.I dont want to call him out, cos him na popular name here..lol..

I wonder if it didnt work out and now he has come to discourage people or he changed his mind about it..lol..
Abeg make everyone do wetin go work for them..

Thisnut:
from his previous post, he said he moved to Canada this year. Only 5months or less in Canada, he's already on a path to better life. should he choose to get some school alongside his Hustle, in a few years you can't compare him with 95 percent of his classmates back in Nigeria.

@ Oluayebenz, i said basically old folks and people with medical conditions. Please quote me right, i use God beg you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 10:40pm On May 17, 2020
4tunebest:

There's a plot and half which I currently want to dispose off at City of David Estate (Adron Homes and Properties), Shimawa. [b]I'm offering 50% off the current price of 6M per plot.[/b]Letter of Allocation, Deed of Assignment, etc has been received from Adron, but I relocated out of town, hence the need to sell off.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 10:42pm On May 17, 2020
thebargainhunte:

Why calling him a fraudster?? He is inventor and he designed super computer.
A fraud is someone who calls himself a doctor
Without bagging any PhD of any sort.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thebargainhunte: 10:52pm On May 17, 2020
Bbbwings:

You won't call him a fraud, I was the one that used the title.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 10:53pm On May 17, 2020
Bbbwings:

What about honorary doctorate ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 11:20pm On May 17, 2020
And you must be leaving under the bridge or on trees in Canada right ? u know go pay rent , feeding nko ? car insurance nko or na bicycle u dey drive?
zohan101:

You are right bro..Thats $4200 PER MONTH after tax compared to my $6300 PER YEAR I was earning living in Nigeria..Guess what; in canada aint nothing like a best life, its an egalitarian society.Everyone is entitled to the good quality of life the country offers its citizens, regardless of whether you a millonaire of not..Unless your definitio of best life is going on vaçations on a yatch.lol..Take it or leave it, quality of life here beats what is obtainable in Nigeria..I love 9ja but thankGod I relocated.

My unborn children will no what it meana to live in a sane society where hardwork/excellence is rewarded even tho one dosnt have connections in high places..Peace yall..Let everyone do what works best for them

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 11:28pm On May 17, 2020
I think the dude you are talking about once mentioned that his wife is of the opinion that they relocate even though he had not totally bought into it. That must have been a year or two ago.

zohan101:
I dont think he read my first post..Funny enough there is a dude here who is preaching against relocation, but a couple of months ago I saw him asking questions om how he can relocate his family to Canada on the Canada express entry thread.I dont want to call him out, cos him na popular name here..lol..

I wonder if it didnt work out and now he has come to discourage people or he changed his mind about it..lol..
Abeg make everyone do wetin go work for them..

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmaodet: 12:04am On May 18, 2020
Theconglomerate:

Too much hyping.
Small corona,half of US don dey homeless cheesy
As seen on CNN 2 minutes ago.
Yet we are the ones that are miserable.
Pure evidence that these guys have no savings and live from hand to mouth cheesy

Baba no mind them.
If not that most currencies are pegged to dollar thereby facilitating their currency manipulation to favour them, US economy would have crashed a long time ago.
Let us peg all currencies to maybe gold and see the so called civilized countries wooble and crumble

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmaodet: 12:11am On May 18, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Why shouldn't I believe CNN but believe you?
Where did you also get the statistic that people don't have access to healthcare in Nigeria too?
Wasnt it from the media too?
CNN show me video,I saw with my own eyes.
Mats and tent everywhere with white people filled in it.
Huge traffic too for cars going to collect free 200,000 pounds of potato donated by farmers.
Poverty and failure is everywhere.

grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 12:15am On May 18, 2020
Take it easy o, we arent fighting.We just having a debate and people shouldnt get emotional about this topic please. But to answer your question; I live in Edmonton; a city in alberta.Alberta has got the highest minimum wage of $15 per hour and also the lowest tax rate in Canada.You can check to confirm what I just said.
I live in a flat shared with a flatmate.Rent is $1200 per month(all inclusive of utility bills) and we both pay $600 each..I spend $250-300 on food permonth, monthly bus/train pass of $70;Please before you argue with me on this, its my own expense oo, some1 may have a different monthly expense. So intotal my monthly expense has never exceeded $1500..that lives me with over $3500 for investments.Matter of fact I do invest minimum of $1500(#450,000) monthly im my Naira portfiolio.Same me struggled to save #50k monthly in nigeria while earning #150k permonth as a project engineer in Lagos.

Please like I said earlier its been a rewarding decisioñ for me but I have had of others who regretted after relocation..Abeg make we nor argue am pass like this bros, we all live different lives..#Cheers

Godbpraised:
And you must be leaving under the bridge or on trees in Canada right ? u know go pay rent , feeding nko ? car insurance nko or na bicycle u dey drive?

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 12:49am On May 18, 2020
Guy i respect ur hustle, we all came to hustle in canada. Its a smart thing u are investing in nigeria. But the smartest thing is to be a busness owner or a strong investor, in the west no job is gurranted forever people loss jobs etc. when you marry ur responsibility go pass that amount. i know fight u but u need to break the circle of working till u are 70. my thought,
zohan101:
Take it easy o, we arent fighting.We just having a debate and people shouldnt get emotional about this topic please. But to answer your question; I live in Edmonton; a city in alberta.Alberta has got the highest minimum wage of $15 per hour and also the lowest tax rate in Canada.You can check to confirm what I just said.
I live in a flat shared with a flatmate.Rent is $1200 per month(all inclusive of utility bills) and we both pay $600 each..I spend $250-300 on food permonth, monthly bus/train pass of $70;Please before you argue with me on this, its my own expense oo, some1 may have a different monthly expense. So intotal my monthly expense has never exceeded $1500..that lives me with over $3500 for investments.Matter of fact I do invest minimum of $1500(#450,000) monthly im my Naira portfiolio.Same me struggled to save #50k monthly in nigeria while earning #150k permonth as a project engineer in Lagos.

Please like I said earlier its been a rewarding decisioñ for me but I have had of others who regretted after relocation..Abeg make we nor argue am pass like this bros, we all live different lives..#Cheers

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 1:12am On May 18, 2020
Yea, you are very correct..I am working on gaining my financial freedom..Business/Investments is my top agenda, more reason why I follow threads such as this to learn from the financial gurus on this platform..Thanks for the advise boss..

Godbpraised:
Guy i respect ur hustle, we all came to hustle in canada. Its a smart thing u are investing in nigeria. But the smartest thing is to be a busness owner or a strong investor, in the west no job is gurranted forever people loss jobs etc. when you marry ur responsibility go pass that amount. i know fight u but u need to break the circle of working till u are 70. my thought,

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LandMann: 4:21am On May 18, 2020
cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 7:36am On May 18, 2020
abraolas1:

"Thou makes me realise the reason why we have never found any measure if wealth........We never sought it!

from the Book: The richest man in babylon

So when information u ought to pay for is been drop freely u u catch it like a lion catching an antelope smiley

God bless you all

You too boss
smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 8:04am On May 18, 2020
zohan101:

Bro, don't let anybody discourage you, just do your thing.

It's your life afterall. Live it the way you want: on your own terms.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:25am On May 18, 2020
zohan101:

u move was a right one

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:44am On May 18, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Your last sentence though, very true.

Too much theory, less focus on application.

But you can also agree with me that we blacks to an extent discriminate among ourselves.

There is a high probablility that our government won't support if it was our local scientists that invented a drug for Covid-19.

Agreed that the world is not comfortable with us, we too are not ready to support our own.
Thing is, the "our own" needs to be able to at least, meet standard first.

They stopped importation of rice for us to "support" our locally made stone rice. To make matters worst, people started buying the stone rice cos they have no choice, instead of them to improve on the rice, they started inflating the price with no improvement at all. Same situation in almost all the locally made products in Nigeria.

I got some clothes from USA. The quality was just wow. I got some locally made clothes too but didn't wear them twice before I gave them out. Funny thing is, the locally made ones are even more expensive than the high quality I got from USA.

Quality sells itself.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 10:56am On May 18, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Thing is, the "our own" needs to be able to at least, meet standard first.

They stopped importation of rice for us to "support" our locally made stone rice. To make matters worst, people started buying the stone rice cos they have no choice, instead of them to improve on the rice, they started inflating the price with no improvement at all. Same situation in almost all the locally made products in Nigeria.

I got some clothes from USA. The quality was just wow. I got some locally made clothes too but didn't wear them twice before I gave them out. Funny thing is, the locally made ones are even more expensive than the high quality I got from USA.

Quality sells itself.
You must have bought poorly processed rice. My family has just finished a bag of local rice without a single stone found in it. We got another one and shared some bags for my wife's customers.
I agree the locally produced rice are expensive but very nutritious.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:07am On May 18, 2020
Dollars speculators about to get their fingers burnt .....crude 33....accumualted demand.....the world need around100m barrel daily ....

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:36am On May 18, 2020
IamR:

You must have bought poorly processed rice. My family has just finished a bag of local rice without a single stone found in it. We got another one and shared some bags for my wife's customers.
I agree the locally produced rice are expensive but very nutritious.
The only local rice I buy is ofada rice.

I'm just saying what 90% of Nigerians complained about on social media.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 11:37am On May 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Dollars speculators about to get their fingers burnt .....crude 33....accumualted demand.....the world need around100m barrel daily ....
shebi we been dey tell them grin
But I doubt 33 dollars is enough.
The moment it hits 50 dollars,that is when there will be panic.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:40am On May 18, 2020
OgogoroFreak:

there are good brand...jamila , lake , thiamin rice etc but the idoits jack up the price to high...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 11:42am On May 18, 2020
Sure you cañ, but going through the provincial nomination route may be your best bet.I am guessing you have some good experience.380-390 is too low to get an ITA via FSW express entry ..

Check out this link on provincial nomination.It contains all info you will need to explore this option.

https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs/289

[quote author=LandMann post=89668129][/quote]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
there are good brand...jamila , lake , thiamin rice etc but the idoits jack up the price to high...
I tried lake rice December last year and ate stones. I gave it out.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 12:27pm On May 18, 2020
Yes o
ahiboilandgas:
chai na to buy zenith bank shares be that ...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 12:30pm On May 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Add Umza to the list. Very good brand.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:00pm On May 18, 2020
arduino:

Add Umza to the list. Very good brand.
imagine if we didnt farm rice with thailand shutting down

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abimbola01(m): 1:14pm On May 18, 2020
Hi,
Please has anybody tried investing into Eurobond through a bank ?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyawoToBe(f): 1:15pm On May 18, 2020
Tvegas:

I have never experienced most of the negative things you stated in your write up even while i lived in Okokomaiko. This country you so detest has been good to me. I guess you are outside Nigeria with the way you alluded to "haunted mansion". The way some of you talk about the lifestyle of Nigerians living in Nigeria amazes me. Nigeria has its realities but you have to learn to adapt here to be successful.

For starters Electricity has improved greatly over the past 2 years in my area, these days i only switch on the Gen to warm it. There is solar as an alternative. Security is also top notch in my estate, i know the weakness of my country so i dont waka anyhow at odd hours and in odd places.

Last week an indian wrote my firm to rent one of our new housing development on 5 years lease. Rent of 4mil per annum. Thesame country where everyone talks down on ,its where an indian wants to lockdown accomodation for 5 years. Before the lockdown i helped some chinese filled their landing card inside emirates airline, That would be their first time in Nigeria. Many of them are trooping to this country yet many of you are running away. Its a known fact that Nigerians are some of the most unpatriotic people in the world. I respect peoples decision to relocate if they wish to but there is no point rubbishing your country as if there are no success stories there. Come and see what Most Nigerians say about Nigeria to claim assylum in Canada,you will weep for this country. The whites will never respect you.

I started business right from campus,i have never worked for any company. I manage a thriving property company right now and my networth is enough to retire if i wish . No side hussle, no shady dealing. On campus it was all about my ICAN exams, fellowship and classes there was no time for frivolities. I got it right early in life and i wasnt from a rich background,thats a Nigerian story you will not talk about and the CNN will not talk about.

Like a member said here most of the statistics being quoted about Nigeria is related to the north. And i pray one day this entity will split so that those regions that want to develop will develop.

Nigeria is not hell like a lot of you paint it and the western world is not heaven infact the best you will ever be is a second class citizen behind the whites. Recent attitude from racists like Trump should have shown you that there is no other alternative than to make your country work. We just need some little tweaking to get this country roaring, few things needs to be fixed and i believe hope is not lost. My brother who has lived 25 years outside Nigeria is taking up assets here and planning to relocate here pretty soon. Stop putting everybody together, when you are determined to make it you will make it. Irrespective of location.

Tvegas for president!!!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 1:16pm On May 18, 2020
OgogoroFreak:

Sorry for asking, you buy only Ofada due to health reasons or...?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:34pm On May 18, 2020
GonFreecss1:

Sorry for asking, you buy only Ofada due to health reasons or...?
No. I just like ofada rice.

Ofada rice is still white rice. According to my doctor, brown rice is better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Plus10(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.