Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446629 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:12pm On May 30, 2020
wildchild1:

Who's gonna help with this guys?
so from all the discussion spaning over 8 years u cant figure out any investment....as mr emma said sow a seed with it ....reading and comprehending also an investment

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 5:15pm On May 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
so from all the discussion spaning over 8 years u cant figure out any investment....as mr emma said sow a seed with it ....reading and comprehending also an investment
Baba, you will make a fine comedian
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 5:18pm On May 30, 2020
Boyhood:

Ok then tell us why the landlords lost this case to FCDA/AMAC?
I wouldn't know as it doesn't concern me. undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:20pm On May 30, 2020
Boyhood:

Baba, you will make a fine comedian
cheesy cheesy cheesy
yes ohh with the kind moneg dem A.y get no bad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hollerbaby: 5:21pm On May 30, 2020
9jatriot:
This is a very important information. That means plenty wahala expected very soon?

This is educating

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 5:24pm On May 30, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Again,not my business.
I was talking commercial and you are talking residential.
Who buys a 100m+ duplex for rent reasons?
How much you want rent am out and who want pay you the amount you are willing to rent it for?
I was talking 45m properties that can easily net 3-3.5m annual income.
So 100m+ properties are not good for this purpose.
Get the point and don't argue blindly.

it was a nice conversation and educative until I read the part "Get the Point and don't argue Blindly "

I can't tell you what to write but then that last word was not necessary...like I do say here... a lot of young folks are here to learn so let's try to accommodate other people views and opinion.

Thanks for the Expository views though

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 5:30pm On May 30, 2020
wildchild1:
Hello guys, I need your help, I have about 500k - 1M that I want to invest for 12 months straight, what's the highest ROI I can get and is Tbills the best investment for this money?

Thank you.

I will advice you start with mutual funds if you are risk averse. Specifically you can do VGIF managed by investment one. Currently it's 8.5%. To open account online click on the link on my signature, my contact is also there. You can also read some more options on this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mistercharles: 5:37pm On May 30, 2020
wildchild1:

Who's gonna help with this guys?
Why don't you just buy BTC and keep it for the 12 months. Trust me you'll make profits.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:38pm On May 30, 2020
9jatriot:
This is a very important information. That means plenty wahala expected very soon?

Lagos State ought to do something about this. Lekki up to Epe used to be under Western Region until Lagos State was established, the land their were meant for Agricultural settlement of Western Region government, all the land at Oko Oba Agege are under this category.

Lagos Federal territory used to be Lagos Island, Victoria island, Ikoyi, Ebute Metta, Surulere,Apapa and Yaba. Other areas were under the Western Region.

Currently trying to ratify the land of my property at Ajah axis

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2020
I hope we now understand the difference between residential and commercial property.

Residential property is for people to reside in it. Owner of a residential property can reside on the property, or can be occupier that is the tenants staying in the property.

Commercial property command higher rental income compared to a residential property.

A residential duplex can generate a rental income of N2 million, if the duplex is converted to a guest house for short time rest it could generate a rental income of N3 million, the same duplex can command a rental income of N8 million if converted to a branch of a bank.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 5:44pm On May 30, 2020
Guys please i need your advise, i have this troublesome tenant that her rent will expire tomorrow, she is asking to give her 2months to move out, the agent managing the house advised we grant her request since issuing her a quick notice will not favour us,do you think i should grant this request or find other means to throw her out?
Location of the house is Lagos.
cc: everybody
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:46pm On May 30, 2020
Victoria island used to be a residential area of Lagos, but now over 70% of Victoria island is now filled with Commercial properties, residential Properties owners/occupiers in Victoria Island is less than 30%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:48pm On May 30, 2020
XiaoLi:
Guys please i need your advise, i have this troublesome tenant that her rent will expire tomorrow, she is asking to give her 2months to move out, the agent managing the house advised we grant her request since issuing her a quick notice will not favour us,do you think i should grant this request or find other means to throw her out?

Why not, you have to grant her request.

Why did you give her the quit notice?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 5:53pm On May 30, 2020
I didn't give her a quit notice,she decided to move out by herself since she keep having problem with other tenants.
emmanuelewumi:

Why not, you have to grant her request.

Why did you give her the quit notice?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 5:59pm On May 30, 2020
XiaoLi:

Tell her to put the request on paper if she has not done that. You should grant her request also by writing.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 6:07pm On May 30, 2020
Perfect! Thanks.
emmasoft:

Tell her to put the request on paper if she has not done that. You should grant her request also by writing.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 6:31pm On May 30, 2020
Why do u like advising people on mutual funds? Do u understand if they have the knowledge. The knowledgeof the investor is key, and not the investment.
Oga calm on mutual funds abeg . Seek first to understand than to be understood.
emmasoft:

I will advice you start with mutual funds if you are risk averse. Specifically you can do VGIF managed by investment one. Currently it's 8.5%. To open account online click on the link on my signature, my contact is also there. You can also read some more options on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 6:32pm On May 30, 2020
Why do u like advising people on mutual funds? Do u understand if they have the knowledge. The knowledge of the investor is key, and not the investment.
Oga calm down mutual funds abeg . Seek first to understand than to be understood. [/quote]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creategist: 6:35pm On May 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
United Capital Corporate bond was oversubscribed to the tune of 124%

Gurus please I am not understanding something. United Capital recently offered Commercial Papers across two tenors with the following details:

TENOR EFF. YIELD DISC. RATE
180 days 5.7% 7.23%
270 days 8% 7.55%

Can somebody please help me differentiate between the *EFFECTIVE YIELD* from *DISCOUNT RATE*? What do they mean?

Also if a person had keyed into the investment using, say N1m, which of the above rates will he be expected to apply to calculate his returns?

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

PS: @ahiboilandgas I saw (and bought) L&J yoghurt for the very first time only because you once spoke about it here. I saw it at a supermarket with someone at the payment till then remembered you mentioning it here before. Funny enough few days after I was in another place (a restaurant) & for the first time noticed that one of their fridges was decorated with the L&J brand! cheesy
I had never noticed this product till you mentioned it & have you to thank for that. cheesy smiley wink grin It was not bad.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrMcJay(m): 6:56pm On May 30, 2020
XiaoLi:

You can grant her request. But to ensure no games, you can ask her to write something like.

I ______ hereby undertake that in consideration of the landlord forfeiting 2 months rent for the aforedescribed property, I hereby undertake to to vacate the __bedroom apartment located at ___.

In further consideration of the ___, I further undertake to forfeit and forgo all legal and equitable rights to tenancy and possession held by me over the property and covenant that I be be be held liable for fraudulent misrepresentation and criminal proceedings upon my failure to vacate and give up my possession of the aforedescribed property on the covenanted date.

Dated this _______ day of ____ 2020.

It's a random writing from my head but it would suffice. If she refuses to sign, she's not ready to leave.

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrMcJay(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Lagos State ought to do something about this. Lekki up to Epe used to be under Western Region until Lagos State was established, the land their were meant for Agricultural settlement of Western Region government, all the land at Oko Oba Agege are under this category.

Lagos Federal territory used to be Lagos Island, Victoria island, Ikoyi, Ebute Metta, Surulere,Apapa and Yaba. Other areas were under the Western Region.

Currently trying to ratify the land of my property at Ajah axis

This would probably fall under Government acquisition eligible for ratification. Don't worry, it may take a little time but it would get done. Land in Lagos is something else. Too many booby traps.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 7:01pm On May 30, 2020
Godbpraised:
Why do u like advising people on mutual funds? Do u understand if they have the knowledge. The knowledge of the investor is key, and not the investment.
Oga calm down mutual funds abeg . Seek first to understand than to be understood.

@Godbpraised as you rightly said it's advice. I'm not saying he must or anybody must do mutual fund I only responded base on his enquiry since mutual fund is a form of investment and all prospect investors have right to decide wherever they wish to commit their funds after their due diligence.

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by omicpet(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2020
wildchild1:

Hahaha you sef dey here lols.

You’re late to the party sir , smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 30, 2020
MrMcJay:

Whenever your logic fails you, you resort to adhominen attacks. If you don't know something, you shut up and learn instead of making noise about.

Why am I even wasting my time on someone who has probably never seen a C of O in his life. They probably hand you papers which you have no idea of what they mean until the government demolishes your property and you start crying about.

I am putting down free info that people usually pay heavily for for and you're insulting me. I won't waste my time on you. You're beneath me me and not worth it.
God bless you for saying it as it is. A lot of us with useful information have decided to keep to ourselves because of people like him who only come not contribute meaningful information to this wonderful thread but to attack and make ahead of noise.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 30, 2020
9jatriot:

Exactly
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hollerbaby: 7:46pm On May 30, 2020
XiaoLi:

We just had same situation in our house in ibadan, although we gave a quick notice planned towards the expiration of their rent i.e rent expiration same as the date as quite notice expiration . They ask for 2 month , we honoured their request and put it down in writing document. It worked they moved out peacefully. Although condition of the apartment was something else .

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rmx: 7:47pm On May 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Nothing is impossible and anything is possible. People sell Investments for different reasons, we sell to book profit, we sell to be liquid, we sell in order to key in into other investment opportunities.
Properties are still being sold at Ikoyi and Banana Island where we have the real old money men, so properties will always be available at Lekki.

But they are not selling because of hunger ooo, because they have more than 2 investment properties

Well said

It’s obvious some peeps have not bought property here during economy downturn, that you can get more distressed sales during this period is simple economics and should be easy to understand , even in the best of places

Am not one for shouting and arguing and unnecessary back and forth . I no get the energy

Things we have been doing since 2009 , even outside the country . Each to his own understanding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:49pm On May 30, 2020
creategist:

Gurus please I am not understanding something. United Capital recently offered Commercial Papers across two tenors with the following details:

TENOR EFF. YIELD DISC. RATE
180 days 5.7% 7.23%
270 days 8% 7.55%

Can somebody please help me differentiate between the *EFFECTIVE YIELD* from *DISCOUNT RATE*? What do they mean?

Also if a person had keyed into the investment using, say N1m, which of the above rates will he be expected to apply to calculate his returns?

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

PS: @ahiboilandgas I saw (and bought) L&J yoghurt for the very first time only because you once spoke about it here. I saw it at a supermarket with someone at the payment till then remembered you mentioning it here before. Funny enough few days after I was in another place (a restaurant) & for the first time noticed that one of their fridges was decorated with the L&J brand! cheesy
I had never noticed this product till you mentioned it & have you to thank for that. cheesy smiley wink grin It was not bad.
wonderful...it started at family business by co wifes (strangely)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 7:52pm On May 30, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 30, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Your honor,please don't mind the naysayers.We are all here to learn and improve no matter our status.
Abi ooo grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:06pm On May 30, 2020
unite4real:
This is a typical implication of unsecured bond

https://globalfinancialdigest.com/uba-moves-to-redeem-n30-5-bln-bond-earlier-than-maturing-date/
they will re issued new one at 11...na low rate environment cos am supported by the imaginary,unorthodox,strange economic policy of ...mr cbn govenor....inflation is am12.3 .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: DAMMYORES and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.