Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439497 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
Dangote vs Cartel
I think he is a formidable opponent.

chigo4u:

This oil cartel is why I’m very pessimistic about Dangote refinery. I don’t think they will allow Dangote become successful in the market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
Theconglomerate:
31 baskets ooo.... grin

31 baskets and you are currently doing 2 baskets. Why then are you arguing that he cannot pay your salary?. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Towma(f): 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
Towma:

Thank you, please can you mention some

Go through discussion on this thread for the past two weeks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Focusingmore: 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Theconglomerate:
But I don't do paid employment so what salary are you talking about? undecided
How does someone who is on Irish government welfare program for asylum seekers pay anyone's salary for God's sake? lipsrsealed
Have they increased welfare money from €322/month? undecided

Ok , you're clearly a child.keep amusing yourself.

Opinion is the lowest form of intelligence.

In relation to your uneducated under researched rant, I'll leave this here for you to ponder, since your brain is empty.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Focusingmore:

Ok , you're clearly a child.keep amusing yourself.

Opinion is the lowest form of intelligence.

In relation to your uneducated under researched rant, I'll leave this here for you to ponder, since your brain is empty.

Is this post against or in favour of your original argument. undecided

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 7:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
ojesymsym:
Dangote vs Cartel
I think he is a formidable opponent.

He will join the cartel and everything will be the same with only difference being that we will not be importing fuel again.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Focusingmore: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
ositadima1:

Is this post against or in favour of your original argument. undecided

Devaluation will only have unintended consequences especially in developing countries.

Debt burden

What happens when other countries also devalue?

Uncertainty

Assest prices will fall

Recession

You only devalue when you have an export driven economy.

Devaluation is not a catalyst to spur industrialization.

Period

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Towma(f): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
What do you think of these guys:

The Federal Government plans to tax foreign digital service providers offering services to Nigerians and earning revenue in naira.

https://www.nairaland.com/5909385/fg-tax-netflix-facebook-twitter
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Towma:

cry
Hi there, if your intent is to invest in a zero risk investment then i advice you open a mutual fund account with united capital plc or investment one. For united capital the mmf rate is currently on 6.25% while for investment one emmasoft will do justice to that. If your plan is to invest and compound for some years then stay alert to know when a fg bond or sukuk is on auction then you pull your money out from mmf and invest in the bond or sukuk which gives a higher interest rate than mmf.
Cheers!!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
Focusingmore:

Devaluation will only have unintended consequences especially in developing countries.

Debt burden

What happens when other countries also devalue?

Uncertainty

Assest prices will fall

Recession

You only devalue when you have an export driven economy.

Devaluation is not a catalyst to spur industrialization.

Period

What are you proposing dude?

If devaluation won't work, what do you think will work?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
NL1960:

31 baskets and you are currently doing 2 baskets. Why then are you arguing that he cannot pay your salary?. cheesy
lol maybe because I sell the best quality tomatoes.
You know the higher the quality,the higher the price grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Focusingmore: 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

What are you proposing dude?

If devaluation won't work, what do you think will work?

Taxes . What's going on in Nigeria is extortion.

State sponsored mechanised agriculture.( They can import industrial machinery when d currency is strong

Also debts become manageable).

Educated populace to drive growth.

Policies that are small business friendly

Credit .. critical.

It's that simple

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Focusingmore:

State sponsored mechanised agriculture.( They can import industrial machinery when d currency is strong

Credit .. critical.

It's that simple

I still have some hope in agriculture but in all honesty I really don't know what the plans for this clueless government are.

Is Kebbi rice real? Since they banned rice importation of rice, how come price of local rice has not crashed?

So if we mechanized every other thing as we have done for rice, what will be the benefit?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Care4: 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
ojesymsym:
Fellow investors, I just played around with some calculations and I was shocked by the simplicity and result.

Assuming I am a civil servant and decide to commit to save 10k (ten thousand naira only) every month, at the end of the year I will have 120k (one twenty thousand naira) only. Assuming I decide to invest that money on a 10% investment per annum without stopping the 10k per month savings, that at the 35th year, around the time I am retiring I will be worth around 30 million?

With that kind of money, what is your business whether government or pension funds paid your gratuity or not. Just 10k a month o, not 20k not 100k not 1 million, just 10k, it is just crazy.

See attached sheet for details

I find the values difficult to believe, can someone else also do the calculation and confirm I did not make a mistake.

Have you factored in the time-value of money? How much will your 30M of 2020 worth in 2055? My brother/sister, you cannot get rich by saving. You need to put that money ou're saving into real work.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Focusingmore:

Credit .. critical.

It's that simple

Taxes?How do you tax a people that aren't employed and don't own taxable businesses?

State sponsored agriculture?
The government has been trying to make the 4 Nigeria refineries work since kingdom come and you want to add another very complicated parastatal to it?
Isn't that creating and breeding another corruption engine?

Education?
Are Nigerians not educated?
The government have subsidised education enough for anyone that wants to learn na.

Policies that are small business friendly?
Everyone knows Nigeria is a small business haven where they completely don't pay taxes and aren't disturbed by social industries such as price control and other rubbish organisations,so what's your point?
Make government dey dash them money I suppose undecided

Credit?
Is government suppose to provide credit for it's citizens?
I thought that was done by banks already undecided
You want banks to be giving credit to unworthy people because they want to grow the economy?
I got stanbic bank ezcash 4m naira credit while seated on my couch eating pringles.
Does credit worthy Nigerians lack credit? undecided
Even in America,their government don't have any hand in giving credit to its citizens.

So this is how you want to take Nigeria out of misery and boost it's economy I suppose.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
Sir, I did factor it in. Like I mentioned to one of my friend who raised same objection. 30M will still be a lot of money even in 30 years time. It may not just have the same value as we have not.

Don't also forget the amount we are talking about here just 10k leading to 30m and as to it being invested, we already mentioned 10% per annum.
Don't forget as time go on, even the 10k will look too small and the person may decide to increase it if their condition of living improves.
Even business people can decide to also do somethng like this on the side as a retirement plan.

Care4:

Have you factored in the time-value of money? How much will your 30M of 2020 worth in 2055? My brother/sister, you cannot get rich by saving. You need to put that money ou're saving into real work.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
You mean he will dismantle the cartel and create a new one like he did with the cement thing?

pluto09:

He will join the cartel and everything will be the same with only difference being that we will not be importing fuel again.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Taxes?How do you tax a people that aren't employed and don't own taxable businesses?

The government has been trying to make the 4 Nigeria refineries work since kingdom come and you want to add another very complicated parastatal to it?

Education?
The government have subsidised education enough for anyone that wants to learn na.

Everyone knows Nigeria is a small business haven where they completely don't pay taxes and aren't disturbed by social industries such as price control and other rubbish organisations,so what's your point?

Credit?
You want banks to be giving credit to unworthy people because they want to grow the economy?
I got stanbic bank ezcash 4m naira credit while seated on my couch eating pringles.
Even in America,their government don't have any hand in giving credit to its citizens.

So this is how you want to take Nigeria out of misery and boost it's economy I suppose

Eating pringles?. Is it foreign pringles imported with subsidized fx or locally produced pringles?.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
NL1960:

Eating pringles?. Is it foreign pringles imported with subsidized fx or locally produced pringles?.
Imported.
I am not preaching buy Nigeria and grow naira,no.
I am talking of a way to force Nigerians to buy nigerian with brute force without using a gun.
There's a difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
ojesymsym:
You mean he will dismantle the cartel and create a new one like he did with the cement thing?

Just like we have in cement.
We are producing enough cement but price is higher than neighbouring countries and one of the highest in the world.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Thank God you brought the issue of cement up, all those who always argue that competition leads to price reduction why does the price of cement average out between all the competitors?

pluto09:

Just like we have in cement.
We are producing enough cement but price is higher than neighbouring countries and one of the highest in the world.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

Nigeria is a fucking broke nation dude.
Ghana with a population of 30m is budgeting $15bn,
Kenya with a population of 50 million is budgeting $30bn.
South Africa with a population of 60m is budgeting $100bn+

Nigeria with a population of 200m is budgeting $30bn +.

And this is me using countries in the same continent we pride ourselves as the giant.
I'm intentionally using these African countries because this is where we even get small mouth sef.
We ain't even the giant of West Africa. Nigeria is a broke shit hole, full of a large unproductive populace.

This! This! We are very broke!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
GonFreecss1:

This! This! We are very broke!
According to them Nigeria has so much money.
The government needs to do this,the government needs to do that....
Like say na empty hand dem dey use do am undecided

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
chigo4u:

This oil cartel is why I’m very pessimistic about Dangote refinery. I don’t think they will allow Dangote become successful in the market
he is the cheif priest of the cabal ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
ojesymsym:
Thank God you brought the issue of cement up, all those who always argue that competition leads to price reduction why does the price of cement average out between all the competitors?

oligopoly.....3 cement cabal selling over 1.5 trillion yearly

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
pluto09:

he is the cheif priest of the cartel....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Focusingmore: 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
Theconglomerate:

Education?

Credit?

So this is how you want to take Nigeria out of misery and boost it's economy I suppose.

I want you to educate yourself first before I address your questions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briandomitrovic/2018/09/01/do-devaluations-really-help-trade/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Towma(f): 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Focusingmore:

I want you to educate yourself first before I address your questions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briandomitrovic/2018/09/01/do-devaluations-really-help-trade/
I know you don't have enough brainpower to answer the things I asked you so I honestly wasn't expecting a reply.
I am shocked to even see a quote from you,even though it was quite empty but you did what your fragile brain could do anyway.
You can't give what you don't have.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Make una calm down abeg.
Meanwhile, I de find who go give me German Shepherd Dog. One good samarithan.

Theconglomerate:
I know you don't have enough brainpower to answer the things I asked you so I honestly wasn't expecting a reply.
I am shocked to even see a quote from you,even though it was quite empty but you did what your fragile brain could do anyway.
You can't give what you don't have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.