Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4438879 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good day my Ogas
Please any information on SUKUK Bond?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmaodet: 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
Theconglomerate:
US if you have the means(their residence or citizenship) so you can get aza or use someone you can trust like a blood relation based over there that has legal stay to operate an account there in a good income bracket with good account history,not cleaners that $10k credit will raise all sorts of suspicions grin
That way when things go bad in Nigeria,to bring your funds back and enjoy naira gains will be very easy.
Third option is to use azamen but it's very risky as them dey chop people money steady.

Ok bro.
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by topsquino(m): 1:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Theconglomerate:
I wanted to say this.
No one can access their dorm accounts now.No bank will pay you dollars now.
I'm sure if you request for the money to be converted to naira,they'll pay you immediately.
Reason I always advise against this.Dorm account is useless in times like this.
Better get offshore aza jejely.

Please speak for yourself.

I accessed my Dom last week and this week.

By the way, I appreciate your arguments on this platform even though I disagree with a number of them.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
topsquino:

Please speak for yourself.

I accessed my Dom last week and this week.

By the way, I appreciate your arguments on this platform even though I disagree with a number of them.
You withdraw dollars? shocked
Or you think we are talking of small small transactions to buy some stuff on the internet that cost way below $100?
Someone is here having problems to transfer $5k and you are coming to tell us how you bought some cheap stuff online.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Are you saying the leaders are always voted in and they don't rig? Most often than not, they rig themselves into power.

Our votes don't count!

^^^ Does that sound familiar?

Not necessarily. What exactly is voting? Do you think it’s only that actual act of voting that is voting? Lol.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
mickky22:
Good day my Ogas
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
mickky22:
Good day my Ogas

Information on Sukuk bond cannot be hidden. Once the allotment is done, the government will make it known. It will be all over the media. So just relax. Your money cannot enter audio.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PresidentBuhari: 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
Can you support your arguments with facts, the CBN governor didnot issue any directive under my command to restrict DOM acc holders from withdrawing funds from their DOM aacounts.

Are you banking with lower Tier banks like EcoBank? Those are the banks that will find it difficult to pay you but then when you go to their head offices, there is very little chance you will not be paid.

It is an illegal act for a bank to restrict a customer access to their available genuine funds, restriction policies start from the top like restriction for $1m transfers etc, then could go lower to $100k but we are not there yet.

Theconglomerate:
Or you think we are talking of small small transactions to buy some stuff on the internet that cost way below $100?
Someone is here having problems to transfer $5k and you are coming to tell us how you bought some cheap stuff online.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
chigo4u:

GTB is the best for dorm accounts in Nigeria, I don’t think any bank comes close. I successfully transferred over 5k today without any problems although cash withrawals was not available..

Did you do that over the counter or you used the mobile app?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
Grupo:

OTC

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by topsquino(m): 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
Theconglomerate:

Please visit GTB and stop making spurious, sweeping claims.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
I pray things won't get to a stage whereby people can't get the money in their domiciliary accounts.

I hope so too. I think something of this nature happened in Lebanon or so recently. Quite bad.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Focusingmore: 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
Someone should mute that argumentative clueless guy.

I'm here for two people. Aihbolagas and Emma.

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akinola98: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
Grupo:

If I may ask pls, was it intra-bank or inter- bank services u did Any changes?? and how long did it take to get to payee ??
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 4tunebest(f): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
Please let's restore this thread to factory settings smiley

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
chigo4u:

OTC

Sorry that I'm asking too many questions.

How long did it take for the recipient to get the money?

Asking because gtb is frustrating my efforts to transfer fx to someone.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
I pray things won't get to a stage whereby people can't get the money in their domiciliary accounts.

Looks like we are close to it. Wanted to fund my trading app but GTB has been telling stories.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be different.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LandMann: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
Been unable to access my USD... Fcmb keep saying they don't have for over a month now. Is this even legal for them to not allow me withdraw my funds? cry cry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good day,

Please as any gotten any information from SUKUK.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
I thought they said GTB was sharing dollars shocked
Clowns.
Dorm account owners,I hope you've learnt your lessons.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
ositadima1:

Cool down and learn.

An average cleaner earns 24k usd
After tax u are left with 20k (this for Alabama u can check for other states here
https://us.icalculator.info/salary-calculator/alabama.html)

Rent in Alabama per month: 300 to 400 usd for cheap apartment. Plenty examples online, remember everything is listed online koro koro.

200 to 300 on food if u eat homemade food and also know where to buy it cheap

100 to 140 on electricity. Even less sef.

In short, u can manage 1000 to 1100 usd per month.

So, u have about 7000 left every year for 3 years, that is 21000. I ask again, howmuch is a new Toyota sedan?

People take loans because their culture is designed for people to spend unnecessarily. Enough jolification they there, that doesn't mean that u can't save money.

In Nigeria, the same cleaning job pays u 15k to 20k naira a month. Even if u no dey touch ur salary for years u no fit do anything meaningful. If una want keep devaluing, ok.

Oga we don hear na.
Thanks for glorifying menial job because it's abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 8:14pm On Jun 09, 2020
mickky22:
Good day,

Please as any gotten any information from SUKUK.

Why not contact the bank through which you invested??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
Following up on you!!! Have you looked further into them as you said?

Towma:

This was very helpful, I will look further into them.
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
How much is (*Not change) as per your definition.

Theconglomerate:
How much? undecided
I repeat,no bank go pay you dollars cash now,unless na change you go withdraw.
So that make you go sell to aboki abi?
Or you think bank no know say they can also sell to aboki?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
ojesymsym:
How much is (*Not change) as per your definition.

Well,why don't you help out these fine gentlemen who seek nothing more than withdrawal of the dollars they deposited in these banks themselves with the same skillset you used to withdraw yours OTC today at 12;49pm.
Atleast the energy we'll expend on arguing over current reality would be used to help these men get their dollars and you in turn have served a genuine purpose smiley
After all,it's the purpose of the thread,helping others with financial solutions.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
All this grammar is unneccessary, just put a value to it. $2,000, 5,000, $10,000 etc.
Secondly, some asked what bank you were talking about also. Some banks are more Forex friendly than others.

Theconglomerate:
Well,why don't you help out these fine gentlemen who seek nothing more than withdrawal of the dollars they deposited in these banks themselves with the same skillset you used to withdraw yours OTC today at 12;49pm.
Atleast the energy we'll expend on arguing over current reality would be used to help these men get their dollars and you in turn have served a genuine purpose smiley
After all,it's the purpose of the thread,helping others with financial solutions.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
ojesymsym:
All this grammar is unneccessary, just put a value to it. $2,000, 5,000, $10,000 etc.
Secondly, some asked what bank you were talking about also. Some banks are more Forex friendly than others.

I said all Nigeria banks will most likely not pay you your dollars now from dorm account.
They'll offer naira or ask you to wait and claim CBN is not selling dollars.
They rather sell the money to aboki themselves than pay you dollar unless it's a very negligible sum.
I did not select,I say all Nigeria commercial banks.
I simply say save whatever you are trying to prove to me and use the same skillset you used to withdraw dollars today that even manufacturers aren't getting from their Nigeria banks stash and help these humble people out and you are telling me to put numbers to what's change to me? cheesy
Change could be $100k to me as well as $10.
Better left imagined than said. wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
And in response, more than one person said they withdrew today, you then change this blanket statement and said maybe it was *change. So my question is how much is (*not change)?
So please clarify,
a) is it that the banks as at today are not giving USD again,
b) or are giving only to those who request for *change in USD?
If your answer is a, then earlier today, USD was withdraw in cash from the bank.
If your answer is b, what is the maximum banks are now giving?
Those are my simple queries sir.
Theconglomerate:
I said all Nigeria banks will most likely not pay you your dollars now from dorm account.
They rather sell the money to aboki themselves than pay you dollar unless it's a very negligible sum.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ghost01(m): 11:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
PresidentBuhari:
Can you support your arguments with facts, the CBN governor didnot issue any directive under my command to restrict DOM acc holders from withdrawing funds from their DOM aacounts.

Are you banking with lower Tier banks like EcoBank? Those are the banks that will find it difficult to pay you but then when you go to their head offices, there is very little chance you will not be paid.

It is an illegal act for a bank to restrict a customer access to their available genuine funds, restriction policies start from the top like restriction for $1m transfers etc, then could go lower to $100k but we are not there yet.

Those with knowledge of the industry will tell you that Ecobank does not belong in the category you are trying to lump them into, especially when it comes to FX transactions.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 11:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
ojesymsym:
And in response, more than one person said they withdrew today, you then change this blanket statement and said maybe it was *change. So my question is how much is (*not change)?
So please clarify,
a) is it that the banks as at today are not giving USD again,
b) or are giving only to those who request for *change in USD?
If your answer is a, then earlier today, USD was withdraw in cash from the bank.
If your answer is b, what is the maximum banks are now giving?
Those are my simple queries sir.
To see bank weh go give you $5k now cash from your dom acc in Nigeria might be close to impossible.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ghost01(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Theconglomerate:
I simply say save whatever you are trying to prove to me and use the same skillset you used to withdraw dollars today that even manufacturers aren't getting from their Nigeria banks stash and help these humble people out and you are telling me to put numbers to what's change to me? cheesy
Change could be $100k to me as well as $10.
Better left imagined than said. wink

There's no logic behind Nigerian banks not paying customers their USD. None whatsoever. Unless you have a situation where someone with say $10000 in his/her account visits a branch to make a withdrawal of an amount that the branch does not have, physically, at that moment. This is addressed by directing the account holder to a different branch or to check back on a specified day, but no bank would not pay customers their USD.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ghost01(m): 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
LandMann:
Been unable to access my USD... Fcmb keep saying they don't have for over a month now. Is this even legal for them to not allow me withdraw my funds? cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: okenzo22 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.