Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446183 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You can't expect a busy and highly successful doctor or lawyer to be a businessman, rather he can combine his busy schedules with Investment

Google Gbenga Oyebode, he is a commercial/corporate lawyer and also a billionaire in naira. He built his wealth by investing his money in the last 35 years. He render his professional service to corporations like Nestle, Custodian and Allied Insurance, Okomu Oil, Access Bank, Coscharis group, Oando just to mention a few.

He has 100 million shares of MTN earning dividends of over N700 million

Over 60 million shares of Access Bank earning dividends of over N22 million

Over 35 million shares of Okomu Oil and Rubber. Earning dividend of N140 million, N70 million was paid early this year another was few weeks ago.

Smart people will prefer to own 1% of successful businesses, rather than owning 100% of a struggling business.

He made over N140 million from Okomu, an Agricultural company. He doesn't have to reinvent the wheel by starting all over trying to own his own farm.

There are many successful professionals like doctors, Architects, Media professionals, Accountants, Corporate executives, Engineers, Estate surveyors etc who are more comfortable consistently investing their money rather than starting a business.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vacanci: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
Escapev:

Mr Emmanuel, funny enough I invested more than what you stated here oh. May be I'm just lucky .

Did you send a mail to them requesting whether you were successful or not before you got the mail?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Infinity 850 naira for 375grams.
Kellogs 1100naira for 500grams.
Now tell me,which do you think will sell more? undecided
Kellogs of course.
What if kellogs was 1700? cool
grin grin grin
If you want foreign,be ready to pay the price for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Crazeworld(m): 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Infinity 850 naira for 375grams.
Kellogs 1100naira for 500grams.
Now tell me,which do you think will sell more? undecided
Kellogs of course.
What if kellogs was 1700? cool
grin grin grin
If you want foreign,be ready to pay the price for it.
How are you sure Infinity won't rise to 1,400 naira as well?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Google Gbenga Oyebode, he is a commercial/corporate lawyer and also a billionaire in naira. He built his wealth by investing his money in the last 35 years. He render his professional service to corporations like Nestle, Custodian and Allied Insurance, Okomu Oil, Access Bank, Coscharis group, Oando just to mention a few.

Over 35 million shares of Okomu Oil and Rubber. Earning dividend of N140 million, N70 million was paid early this year another was few weeks ago.

Smart people will prefer to own 1% of successful businesses, rather than owning 100% of a struggling business.

He made over N140 million from Okomu, an Agricultural company. He doesn't have to reinvent the wheel by starting all over trying to own his own farm.

There are many successful professionals like doctors, Architects, Media professionals, Accountants, Corporate executives, Engineers, Estate surveyors etc who are more comfortable consistently investing their money rather than starting a business.

Very good.

Just to add that the A. Ighodalo that is the third name there is also a lawyer and owner of a top law firm.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

If price is the sole determinant of consumer choice and given that Nigeria is a poor country, most should be buying nasco instead of kellogs, but i don't see that happening, your average middle class will still go for kellogs whilst the poorest of the poor will settle for pap.
In addition, why is the focus not on how to improve local production capacity inorder reduce prices further rather than devaluing?
What really drives an economy is innovation, there's a reason why the production capacity is low.

How do we increase local production capacity when we lack infrastructure,raw materials and capital?
Abi if I say make you bring $1B make we do business,you go bring am?
We know what we lack but rather than complain,we can take proactive measures to mitigate our losses.
What kind of country allow imports to be in the same price range as local produce?
Nigeria is crazy I swear.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shogbenga: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Oga Emma, this is a challenge to us

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oludy: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Business is not for everybody, but investment is for everyone.

This should be cast on marble. Well said. We could even rename this thread with this quote!!!

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Crazeworld:
How are you sure Infinity won't rise to 1,400 naira as well?
Because infinity is not the only one producing in Nigeria.
There is Nasco and a host of others I can't mention looking for ways to own Nigeria market share.
So if infinity rise to 1400,nasco may sell for 1000 or even maintain old price undecided
It happened in 2016,indomie hungryman moved only to 120naira whereas foreign remedy went craaazyy cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Escapev: 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
vacanci:

Did you send a mail to them requesting whether you were successful or not before you got the mail?

No, I didnt.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
XiaoLi:
Thank you all for your advise, i tried all the peaceful ways advised here to resolve with the tenant but none worked since she is a very troublesome person, I'm glad to finally announce that @Barrytone's advise below worked perfectly without much stress and begging. Our people say when an animal learn to run without stopping the hunter will learn to shoot without targeting, this is a pure example of it!

Am glad it worked, now you can enjoy your peace and the enemy can fight from outside if she wish. Enemies within are dangerous, always try to push them farther. If not for repentance, would have also advised you auction her properties but let's don't act like them. Peace of mind is golden. As for me, am rejecting tenants for now, they should hold their 300k problems.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
koonbey:

Very good.

Just to add that the A. Ighodalo that is the third name there is also a lawyer and owner of a top law firm.

We have quite a number of highly successful billionaire corporate and commercial lawyer.

Afe Babalola
Ajayi Olaniwun and co
Aluko Oyebode and co
Banwo and Ighodalo and co
Just to mention a few.

The VP is also a corporate/commercial lawyer.

These group of lawyers are versed in business and how the corporate world operates, so they have the necessary information and knowledge needed to make sound investment decisions

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
shogbenga:

Oga Emma, this is a challenge to us

What type of challenge?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
Theconglomerate:
How do we increase local production capacity when we lack infrastructure,raw materials and capital?
Abi if I say make you bring $1B make we do business,you go bring am?
We know what we lack but rather than complain,we can take proactive measures to mitigate our losses.
What kind of country allow imports to be in the same price range as local produce?
Nigeria is crazy I swear.

Using devaluation to restrict imports doesn't bode well within the concept of free markets.

Imports become expensive, local production stays constant, demand for local produce then goes up which drives prices higher which contradicts what you've suggested we will achieve by devaluing.

To meet the new levels of demand something has to give.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Because infinity is not the only one producing in Nigeria.
There is Nasco and a host of others I can't mention looking for ways to own Nigeria market share.
So if infinity rise to 1400,nasco may sell for 1000 or even maintain old price undecided
It happened in 2016,indomie hungryman moved only to 120naira whereas foreign remedy went craaazyy cheesy
With increased capacity in rice production couple with high import duty on importer rice, local rice still maintain almost same price band with foreign counterparts.
This clearly shows that Devaluation may not be the magic wand after all.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
I beg which strategydid you give him to use again.
Barrytone:

Am glad it worked, now you can enjoy your peace and the enemy can fight from outside if she wish. Enemies within are dangerous, always try to push them farther. If not for repentance, would have also advised you auction her properties but let's don't act like them. Peace of mind is golden. As for me, am rejecting tenants for now, they should hold their 300k problems.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
We shouldn't be surprised. We were far more productive in 1980 than we are today
In 1980 the key metric are as follows:
1) we were a net exporter of refined petroleum products. Today we import all our refined petroleum products.
2) We rode in locally assembled cars, buses and trucks. Peugeot cars in Kaduna and Volkswagen cars in Lagos. Leyland in Ibadan and ANAMCO in Enugu produce our buses and trucks. Steyr at Bauchi producing our Agricultural tractors. And it is not just Assembly, we were producing many of the components. Vono products in Lagos producing the seats. Exide in Ibadan producing the batteries, not just for Nigeria but for the entire West Africa. Isoglass and TSG in Ibadan producing the windshields. Ferodo in Ibadan producing the brake pads and disc. Tyres produced by Dunlop in Lagos and Mitchellin in Portharcourt. And I mean tyres produced from rubber plantations located in Rivers State.
3) We were listening to Radio and watching television sets assembled in Ibadan by Sanyo.
4) We were using refrigerators, freezers and Airconditioners produced by Thermocool.
5) We were wearing clothes produced from the UNTL textile mills in Kaduna and Chellarams in Lagos. Not from imported cotton but from cotton grown in Nigeria.
6) Our water were running through pipes produced by Kwalipipe in Kano.
7) Our toilets were were fitted with WC produced at Kano and Abeokuta.
cool We were cooking with LPG gas stored inside gas cylinders produced at the NGC factory in Ibadan.
9) Our electricity was flowing through cables produced by the Nigerian wire and Cable, Ibadan and Kablemetal in Lagos and Portharcourt.
10) We had Bata and Lennards producing the shoes we were wearing. Not from imported leathers but from locally tanned leather at Kaduna.
11) We were mainly flying our airways, the Nigeria Airways, to most places in the world. The Airways was about the biggest in Africa at that time.
12) Most of the food we ate were being grown or produced in Nigeria.
We were producing all of the above and more in 1980
Today, we import almost everything. There lies the source of the terrible exchange rate we are experiencing today and everybody on this platform has a critical role to play in reversing the ugly trend.
It is not enough for us to complain about the exchange rate or bring out what others are not doing or are failing to do, the key question is what are you producing or what are you planning to produce?

I saw this on a WhatsApp group and decided to share
To me I think, our leaders have the greater part of the work to do in transforming this country
Key areas that need attention in this country are
Infrastructure especially road
Security
Education

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Although everything here is not entirely true, but the ones that are true were so until they came and sold us devaluation in the name of SAP, look at where we are today.

Aquilapriscilla:
We shouldn't be surprised. We were far more productive in 1980 than we are today
In 1980 the key metric are as follows:
1) we were a net exporter of refined petroleum products. Today we import all our refined petroleum products.
2) We rode in locally assembled cars, buses and trucks. Peugeot cars in Kaduna and Volkswagen cars in Lagos. Leyland in Ibadan and ANAMCO in Enugu produce our buses and trucks. Steyr at Bauchi producing our Agricultural tractors. And it is not just Assembly, we were producing many of the components. Vono products in Lagos producing the seats. Exide in Ibadan producing the batteries, not just for Nigeria but for the entire West Africa. Isoglass and TSG in Ibadan producing the windshields. Ferodo in Ibadan producing the brake pads and disc. Tyres produced by Dunlop in Lagos and Mitchellin in Portharcourt. And I mean tyres produced from rubber plantations located in Rivers State.
3) We were listening to Radio and watching television sets assembled in Ibadan by Sanyo.
4) We were using refrigerators, freezers and Airconditioners produced by Thermocool.
5) We were wearing clothes produced from the UNTL textile mills in Kaduna and Chellarams in Lagos. Not from imported cotton but from cotton grown in Nigeria.
6) Our water were running through pipes produced by Kwalipipe in Kano.
7) Our toilets were were fitted with WC produced at Kano and Abeokuta.
cool We were cooking with LPG gas stored inside gas cylinders produced at the NGC factory in Ibadan.
9) Our electricity was flowing through cables produced by the Nigerian wire and Cable, Ibadan and Kablemetal in Lagos and Portharcourt.
10) We had Bata and Lennards producing the shoes we were wearing. Not from imported leathers but from locally tanned leather at Kaduna.
11) We were mainly flying our airways, the Nigeria Airways, to most places in the world. The Airways was about the biggest in Africa at that time.
12) Most of the food we ate were being grown or produced in Nigeria.
We were producing all of the above and more in 1980
Today, we import almost everything. There lies the source of the terrible exchange rate we are experiencing today and everybody on this platform has a critical role to play in reversing the ugly trend.
It is not enough for us to complain about the exchange rate or bring out what others are not doing or are failing to do, the key question is what are you producing or what are you planning to produce?

I saw this on a WhatsApp group and decided to share
To me I think, our leaders have the greater part of the work to do in transforming this country
Key areas that need attention in this country are
Infrastructure especially road
Security
Education

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
arduino:

With increased capacity in rice production couple with high import duty on importer rice, local rice still maintain almost same price band with foreign counterparts.
This clearly shows that Devaluation may not be the magic wand after all.
Go to Thailand,India and China and take a look at their numbers.
You will know Nigeria's numbers on rice are a joke to be able to compete with imports in a free market.
Who told you that local rice is taking over and at what cost?Smuggled rice from cotonou is still raping local rice in the markets back to back so what are you talking about? undecided
Do you know the pain Nigeria exporters are going through now because of closed borders just so we can grow rice and the amount of forex we are losing because of that?
Will you start raising tariff on each and every import one after the other?
Do you know that after the US and UK,the next in line for diaspora remittance is Cameroon?
Do you think our people are doing labour there to be able to repatriate all that fx to Nigeria? undecided
Don't you know it's Nigeria export to Central Africa that's bringing in all that?
Why jeorpadize this because we want to grow rice when we can just devalue the naira,leave our borders open to more export trade as a result of the scramble for cheap naira and nigeria goods and frustrate smugglers bringing in product to Nigeria.
Why?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Enyinne(f): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
XiaoLi:
Thank you all for your advise, i tried all the peaceful ways advised here to resolve with the tenant but none worked since she is a very troublesome person, I'm glad to finally announce that @Barrytone's advise below worked perfectly without much stress and begging. Our people say when an animal learn to run without stopping the hunter will learn to shoot without targeting, this is a pure example of it!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
oludy:

This should be cast on marble. Well said. We could even rename this thread with this quote!!!
supported!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Barrytone:

why you rejecting tenants.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
Godbpraised:
I beg which strategydid you give him to use again.
grew up in the streets but I don't encourage this any longer but its inevitable where a tenant things you must suffer after the initial suffer to build a house. Go to court, pay the clerk and officials and get a notice, paste on his door in his absent and snap then take notice off. Make some other person appear in court in his stead as a proxy tenant he transferred tenantship to without your consent and get a verdict and evict him immediately as the unpreparedness will rock his life for ever. He can continue the fight from outside your house. The person that appeared is the person you have been seeing around the house and you don't know him. Simply put, he alone can provide that person.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

he not an ordinary Nigerian ....he well connected to a former Nigeria military president and might be a front and had been empowered intentionally......

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by delawal: 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
koonbey:

Some of us don't deal in opinion or anecdotes. We prefer facts and figures.

So...of all the people doing business whom you know, how many are within this category?

Give us a percentage. Feel free to estimate, please.
am in dt category and so is many dudes i know, reread my post dt u quoted maybe u,can read,in,anoda sense into it. am telling u abt hearsay am telljng u from,experience.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
delawal:

am in dt category and so is many dudes i know, reread my post dt u quoted maybe u,can read,in,anoda sense into it. am telling u abt hearsay am telljng u from,experience.

Lol cheesy. Alright, chief. I believe you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hollerbaby: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
emmasoft:

Now that we know sukuk bond was heavily oversubscribed, I will advice investors look the way of VGIF. As you get your excess cash or return money, channel it to VGIF it's still reasonable at this time with Gurranteed rate of 8.5% and extra 35% of funds gains, it will be a good investment choice.
Call 08181057319 or click link on my signature to open account.

Please explain the 35%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
hollerbaby:

Please explain the 35%

The 35% is earned of excess or extra profit of the fund. It's not Gurranteed and it's not fixed. But from experience for the past 6 years this extra is always given in addition to d guaranteed rate.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 5:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
emmaodet:

Bro, you won't blame most of these people.
They are schooled and trained in class all their lives for the formal sector (working in an office etc, wearing suit and pressing computer inside AC). They are not trained for the life on the street or the informal sector that is driving most of nigeria industry.
They are scared of investing, trying their hands on ideas or floating their own businesses. They are scared of Failing so will chicken out and settle for less by buying bonds and TB instead facing their own fears and if they come out victorious, we smile and eat the fruit of their labor.
They will rather go for a 7% investment, rent apartment, furnish and using their 2.2kw gen and start breeding like rabbits.
There is more to life out there.
It is a big world, make the world your class room and not confine yourself to a small world

Shey una dey okay sha? U and that your vaunter kid buddy spewing gibberish here. I see how your likes share their views on NL with names calling, I wonder who visit and live on a thread they share no interest/believe in? Trolls?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
EFCC Docks Fake Bank MD For N100Million Scam
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Port- Harcourt’s Zonal office, on June 4, 2020, arraigned a spurious managing director of a micro finance bank, Belema Abibo and Cosmopolitan micro finance Bank limited, before Justice M. L Abubakar of the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on two count-charges bordering on obtaining money by false pretences to the tune of N100 million.

The suspects were arrested when a case of obtaining by false pretences (OBT) and fraudulent diversion of funds was raised against them by a petitioner

According to the petitioner, sometimes in 2016, some representatives of Cosmopolitan micro finance bank approached and persuaded him to deposit funds in the bank as a fixed deposit, with a promise of monthly interest of two per cent (2%), after a tenor of 360 days.

The petitioner alleged that he deposited and fixed the sum of One Hundred Million Naira (N100, 000,000.00) in the bank, and upon maturity, the bank refused to refund neither the capital nor the accrued interest, to him, adding that the bank representatives suddenly became elusive.

EFCC’s investigation showed that the first defendant, Abibo, a native of Okrika in Okrika Local Government Area, of Rivers State, is a managing director of Cosmopolitan micro-finance bank limited and that the victim actually invested a sum of One Hundred Million Naira (N100,000,000.00) in a fixed deposit in the bank.

Further investigations also showed that the money was transferred into an account number 0565583030, belonging to Cosmopolitan micro finance bank, domiciled in FCMB.

The offence is contrary to Section 1 (1) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences Act 2006, and punishable under Section 1 (3) of the same Act.

One of the counts read: “That you Belema Abibo and Cosmopolitan Micro finance Bank Limited, sometime in 2016 at Port Harcourt, Rivers State, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court with intent to defraud did induce and obtain the sum of One Hundred Million Naira only (N100,000,000.00) from Olusegun Akingbesote and Alpha Integrated Services Limited on the pretext of keeping a fixed deposit account on a monthly interest of 2% after each tenor of 360 days, a pretext which you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 1 (1) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Related offences Act 2006 and punishable under Section 1 (3) of the same Act”.

After the charge was read to the defendants, they pleaded not guilty.

Prosecuting counsel, C. O. Oni, in view of the plea of the defendants, prayed the court to fix a date for commencement of trial.

In the same vein, counsel to the defendants, E. K Krokeyi, asked the court for a short adjournment to enable him file an application for the bail of the first defendant.

Justice Abubakar, however, ordered that the first defendant be remanded in EFCC custody and adjourned to June 11, 2020, for consideration of the bail application.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

We have quite a number of highly successful billionaire corporate and commercial lawyer.

Afe Babalola
Ajayi Olaniwun and co
Aluko Oyebode and co
Banwo and Ighodalo and co
Just to mention a few.

The VP is also a corporate/commercial lawyer.

These group of lawyers are versed in business and how the corporate world operates, so they have the necessary information and knowledge needed to make sound investment decisions

I noticed that VP is a very sound Investor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.