Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4440911 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Enyinne(f): 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
No dear , i dont do small quantity and i dont do third party either . Direct order from verified company using my company name
Latidoh1:

Can you supply me diesel. I am a new entrant with no trucks yet. I have a minimum order of 5000 litres every month. Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sholapey:
Lol...i will do that now, thanks.
she very diversified.....earn in euros , has fixed assets for rental income in Nigeria , holds Nigeria govt bonds in naira ,own property valued in euro , plus retirement saving accounts in euro.......this the way very diversified.....and immune to shocks of currency deprecaitions

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LandMann: 7:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sholapey:
Congrats!

Thanks. Congrats to you too.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blithe: 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sholapey:
Send email or call them to check your allotment because I got my allotment letter this morning.
Hello Ma
I used Jaiz Bank for my sukuk subscription but I haven't heard from them, please what step should I take next?

I don't even know if I should contact Jaiz Bank or Lotus capital
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
LandMann:
Please leaders in the house, apart from aboki or bdc operators, from where can I exchange naira to dollar at a favourable rate (official rate or close)?

I need to change around 2.5m naira but the rate at black market just too... This is to pay for something in dollars. Thanks everyone
No one will tell you if they knew. wink

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
she very diversified.....earn in euros , has fixed assets for rental income in Nigeria , holds Nigeria govt bonds in naira ,own property valued in euro , plus retirement saving accounts in euro.......this the way very diversified.....and immune to shocks of currency deprecaitions
Thank you sir, information is the key, am still learning to diversify to US Stock market by God's grace we shall all break the back bones of poverty legitimately.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
blithe:

Hello Ma
I used Jaiz Bank for my sukuk subscription but I haven't heard from them, please what step should I take next?

I don't even know if I should contact Jaiz Bank or Lotus capital
Send email to make enquiry about your allotment to where you submitted your application and funds. If you don't hear anything before 12pm tomorrow, give them a call.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sholapey:
If you don't hear from them tomorrow morning, please give them a call.

Thanks will definitely do that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blithe: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sholapey:
Send email to make enquiry about your allotment to where you submitted your application and funds to. If you don't hear anything before 12pm tomorrow, give them a call.
Thank you ma...will send the email now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
All those that invested in the Sukuk and wanting to know whether they are successful or not. Know this.

I got a letter from Lotus capital that i was successful with full allocation but that I will get the allocation details by email before the end of the week.

The DMO offered full allocation to all retail investors. The allocation is going on investor by investor and sent to all the agents who will also take their time depending on the volume of investors, to start sending emails.

I got information direct from my friend in DMO who is among the team doing the allocation.

Do not exercise any fear. The huge oversubscription you heard were mostly from Pension funds, banks and institutional investors.

As far as sukuk is concerned, retail investors are the main target investors. They are priority and that's why the minimum was 10k to invest.

The last sukuk 2 I invested, I have not gotten my letter up to date but I gotten 2 coupons already out of 14. The third one is coming in 2 week's time. As long as it has reflected on my cscs, the letter is not important.

All the TBills we have been buying, what has been the effects of the email on investment advice.

I have Bonds that I cannot recall whether I got mails or not. I am just interested in chopping my coupons

Chopping debit Sukuk at 16.47%
Chopping sukuk 2 at 15.73%
Now about to chop sukuk 3 at 11.2%

Sukuk 3..... Why na? Ur interest no too try o. But it's not bad as of now though

25 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blithe: 8:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
when did you receive the letter Sir?

Cc:unite4real
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
blithe:
when did you receive the letter Sir?

Cc:unite4real

This afternoon

It was not an automatic letter. I sent an email to a fund manager in Lotus capital privately and he confirmed that I was successful.

I between that, I called a friend in DMO is a principal actor in the allocation process and he told me that all retail investors, especially from 50M and below had full allocation.

No one should exercise fear. I'd u don't get the letter due to administrative problem and as long as you did not get a refund, your investment is running already

Relax and chop 14 coupons

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
I sent email to FBNQUEST about my Sukuk allotment and they replied immediately with my allocation notice. My subscription was successful

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
unite4real:
All those that invested in the Sukuk and wanting to know whether they are successful or not. Know this.

I got a letter from Lotus capital that i was successful with full allocation but that I will get the allocation details by email before the end of the week.

The DMO offered full allocation to all retail investors. The allocation is going on investor by investor and sent to all the agents who will also take their time depending on the volume of investors, to start sending emails.

I got information direct from my friend in DMO who is among the team doing the allocation.

Do not exercise any fear. The huge oversubscription you heard were mostly from Pension funds, banks and institutional investors.

As far as sukuk is concerned, retail investors are the main target investors. They are priority and that's why the minimum was 10k to invest.

The last sukuk 2 I invested, I have not gotten my letter up to date but I gotten 2 coupons already out of 14. The third one is coming in 2 week's time. As long as it has reflected on my cscs, the letter is not important.

All the TBills we have been buying, what has been the effects of the email on investment advice.

I have Bonds that I cannot recall whether I got mails or not. I am just interested in chopping my coupons

Chopping debit Sukuk at 16.47%
Chopping sukuk 2 at 15.73%
Now about to chop sukuk 3 at 11.2%

Sukuk 3..... Why na? Ur interest no too try o. But it's not bad as of now though

grin u be chop chop man o.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
ositadima1:

grin u be chop chop man o.

Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
This is my first time in Fg Bond and i was tryin to invest in 17 June 12.75% FGN APR 2023 through my Bank but they re mailing me that i can only indicate 8.50% - 9.50% as my bidding rate, that i cant bid on 12.75% for Fgn Apr 2023 even with 50mill. Please is that how most of you here bid via Bank bcz am sure those stockbroking firm/Fund Manager, i can bid with the stop rate 12.75%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blithe: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
unite4real:

This afternoon

It was not an automatic letter. I sent an email to a fund manager in Lotus capital privately and he confirmed that I was successful.

I between that, I called a friend in DMO is a principal actor in the allocation process and he told me that all retail investors, especially from 50M and below had full allocation.

No one should exercise fear. I'd u don't get the letter due to administrative problem and as long as you did not get a refund, your investment is running already

Relax and chop 14 coupons
Thank you

I even thought its because na "kobo" I put na why dem vex for me

I appreciate the heads up Boss

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
janga:
This is my first time in Fg Bond and i was tryin to invest in 17 June 12.75% FGN APR 2023 through my Bank but they re mailing me that i can only indicate 8.50% - 9.50% as my bidding rate, that i cant bid on 12.75% for Fgn Apr 2023 even with 50mill. Please is that how most of you here bid via Bank bcz am sure those stockbroking firm/Fund Manager, i can bid with the stop rate 12.75%

This is a re-issue bond and it's very tricky. It's not as straight forward. You have to keep an eye on the yield. In this case, the indicative rate.

Even when u bid within this range, you will pay over 50M to secure the bond. There is 2 years and 10 months left on the bond and holders have chopped coupons 2 months ago.

Had it been it's a new issue then you will be buying at par. If you have not done this before, try to understand it very well because u fit vex after you are successful.

You will pay over 50M for the bond because the yield is lower than the coupon rate but your interest will be on 12.75% of the 50M face value, even though you actually paid over 50M to secure the bond and upon maturity, it's 50M you will be getting plus your last coupon

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oludy: 10:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
unite4real:

This afternoon

I can confirm I had the same experience/feedback from Lotus after sending an enquiring about my bid.
Let’s put our mind at rest. Thanks for sharing Unite4real
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 11:29pm On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=talk2tonie post=90705456]
I paid directly into FBNQUEST Accont.

How can I verified

Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 12:27am On Jun 16, 2020
Sholapey:
Thank you sir, information is the key, am still learning to diversify to US Stock market by God's grace we shall all break the back bones of poverty legitimately.

Your doing well Madam.

Hope you have Nigerian stocks too....good ones

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 16, 2020
ukay2:

Your doing well Madam.

Hope you have Nigerian stocks too....good ones
Thank you sir, about to stock up Zenith, Mtnn and Gtb. I'm still assessing my pick for the US stocks on Chaka.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by StubbornGENIUS: 12:52am On Jun 16, 2020
Sholapey:
Something wey you don break teh teh.In fact,you even ground the bones cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57am On Jun 16, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Something wey you don break teh teh.In fact,you even ground the bones cheesy
Lol...ain't there yet by God's grace we shall get there.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by StubbornGENIUS: 1:03am On Jun 16, 2020
Sholapey:
Lol...ain't there yet by God's grace we shall get there.
Ma'am,you're already sailing in international waters with a cruise ship.Well, I hope you get there soon.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 16, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Ma'am,you're already sailing in international waters with a cruise ship.Well, I hope you get there soon.
Amen! Same wishes.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 3:55am On Jun 16, 2020
My bond with was successful.

Thank God.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 4:00am On Jun 16, 2020
Sholapey:
Amen! Same wishes.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdaoraNK(f): 4:36am On Jun 16, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
chai time to reduce my exposure to Nigeria debt instruments.....before we experience the greek situations

Then no dey hear.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 7:20am On Jun 16, 2020
pluto09:

I was looking at financials of some US companies yesterday and was not impressed.
Prices have run ahead of earnings and most of their stocks are overpriced.
Is like people no longer care about earnings again.

People don’t. Coronavirus will expose why people should though.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bro4u: 7:36am On Jun 16, 2020
Please don't stop the conversations as I'm learning, I'm sure one day I'll be opportune to invest. Millionaires thread; let me atleast mingle and watch millionaires converse on investments.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: AngelicBeing, janga(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.