Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443635 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wiseoldman: 9:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Every other African country has its own brands they project to the world too. To me I've not seen much of any Nigerian strides in Africa apart from the oil and gas sector.

Definitely, political and economic restructuring along region lines will bring the best out from Nigeria/Nigerians.

Nigeria has some of the biggest business in Africa. I'm pretty sure we own the biggest bank, biggest cement company, etc in SSA (Sub Saharan Africa)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
DexterousOne:

A good number of them have skeletons in their cupboards

Different type of skeleton

I disagree with you.....

Lots of billionaires with very very clean money plenty for Nigeria.

I used to think like that years ago when I still have that poor thinking mentality

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
oluayebenz:

I disagree with you.....

Lots of billionaires with very very clean money plenty for Nigeria.

I used to think like that years ago when I still have that poor thinking mentality

How can you disagree?

Do you know what a good number means?

I'm not saying all are criminals

But its crystal clear
Especially in Nigeria

That a good number of millionaires here are.

In my state of origin, there Is a rich man who got rich via ghost worker racketeering back in the day.

The list is long

Tho it's still possible to make it legit
But its harder

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
Wiseoldman:

Nigeria has some of the biggest business in Africa. I'm pretty sure we own the biggest bank, biggest cement company, etc in SSA (Sub Saharan Africa)

The biggest banks are in south Africa tho

But you are right
We have some of the biggest brands on the continent

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
DexterousOne:

How can you disagree?

Do you know what a good number means?

I'm not saying all are criminals

But its crystal clear
Especially in Nigeria

That a good number of millionaires here are.

In my state of origin, there Is a rich man who got rich via ghost worker racketeering back in the day.

The list is long

Tho it's still possible to make it legit
But its harder

So you want me to agree with you just because of a single man from your state?

I disagree again with this statement 'a good number of millionaires are criminals'

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sagio09: 10:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
LOAN (NON - INTEREST) : If u need loan of any amount, contact me( loan for house, Car, business, import and export or services)
- weGIVE

INVEST : If u want to invest your money with us and be paid a monthly return and collect ur complete money whenever you need it, contact me.
- weINVEST

- REFERRALS: If u refer us for business (loan or Investment), we reward you handsomely.
-weGIFT

Email: GiveInvestGift@gmail.com
Or phone number 09027700821 (call or whatsapp)

- COURTESY : TAJBANK
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
Wiseoldman:

We do, but given the size of our market (the only benefit we seem to be able to derive from our numbers), we have no significant presence in strategic sectors like aviation, telecoms or even light industry in the continent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
oluayebenz:

So you want me to agree with you just because of a single man from your state?

I disagree again with this statement 'a good number of millionaires are criminals'

Okay then.

That's fine
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 14(m): 2:09am On Jun 21, 2020
DexterousOne:

The biggest banks are in south Africa tho

But you are right
We have some of the biggest brands on the continent

Like which brand, that is the biggest un africa? Give us an example.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:35am On Jun 21, 2020
14:

Like which brand, that is the biggest un africa? Give us an example.

Nollywood and our music industry are big brands

The Dangote Group is another big brand

Dangote is known continent wide

Then we talk of the banks

UBA, First Bank GTBank and the list goes on

Then we also have Innoson growing his brand on the continent

These are just few of many

I remember in Ghana
I had an associate who had nothing good to say about Nigeria and Nigerians
For those of us who frequent Ghana
We know that type of Ghanaian

So I asked him what bank does he bank with

It was a Nigerian bank

Very hilarious story j tell u

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:47am On Jun 21, 2020
I will rather earn 1% off 100 people's efforts than earn 100% of my own efforts.

J. Paul Getty.

That is how Investors reason.

Own 1% of a well managed N1 billion business, rather than 100% of a N10 million business

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:02am On Jun 21, 2020
Theconglomerate:
I never knew they sell shares on already built buildings.
Why?
Is it to pay back the bank loan they used to build the property or what?

Most of the big properties have more than one shareholders.

Actis a private equity Investment firm Broll Properties a South African real estate firm and some High Networth Investors are the shareholders of Jabi Mall, Ikeja City Mall and other luxury apartment buildings in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2020
Wiseoldman:

South Africa has the biggest bank.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2020
Most Insurance firms, Institutional investors and informed High Networth Investors will prefer to own 10% of a N20 billion real estate project or Investment rather than owning 100% of a N2 billion real estate project.

It is all about risk management and diversification.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:32am On Jun 21, 2020
einsteine:

South Africa has the biggest bank.

We have more South African investments in Nigeria, than Nigerian Investments in South Africa

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 10:33am On Jun 21, 2020
DexterousOne:

Not true

When it comes to brands

Its Nigeria and South Africa

The rest are minions

Apart from say M Pesa from Kenya

Which other African brands have a strong footing outside their countries

Most of their banks are mushroom banks that cannot project out there

Nigeria despite all its problems

We got that one right

The banking industry in French speaking West Africa is dominated by Morrocan banks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:41am On Jun 21, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
i rather be very rich and have a foundation to cater for the needed....even if i have 1 bn naira in fixed income i will still do farming ....

Why farming
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:43am On Jun 21, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
GBfoods, a culinary products manufacturer, in partnership with the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Kebbi State Government and the Emirate of Yauri, has completed the building of a N20bn tomato processing factory, in Kebbi State.

A statement from GBfoods says the factory is the second largest in Nigeria and the only fully backward integrated plant in the Economic Community of West African States, and has the largest single tomatoes farm in Nigeria.

When all phases of the project are finished, it stated, the factory would be the largest fresh tomatoes processing factory in sub-Saharan Africa.

The statement said, “The investment in the world-class factory and adjoining farm includes a drip irrigation and fertigation infrastructure, greenhouses, seed planting robots, an incubation chamber and a plethora of agricultural machinery.

“The farm will serve a dual purpose. It will produce industrial tomatoes in the dry season and soya beans in the raining season.

“The tomato factory will convert fresh tomatoes into tomato concentrate used for producing Gino Tomatoes Paste and Gino Tomato Pepper Onion Paste while the soya beans will be used to process soya-bean oil which is a critical ingredient for GBfoods’ Bama and Jago Mayonnaise.”

It added that the project created over 1,000 jobs including 500 farming jobs, 150 factory jobs and 150 construction jobs.

Most of these figures are highly inflated.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 10:45am On Jun 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

We have more South African investments in Nigeria, than Nigerian Investments in South Africa

Yeah, they are the largest African FDI providers in Africa. Infact, Tencent, one of the biggest Chinese companies in the world ($134 billion in assets) is majorly owned by the South African company, Naspers. Naspers own 31% of Tencent.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:52am On Jun 21, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Just dont pill up money in fixed income at poor rate without strategy......even the 11.3 it will take 9 years for investment to double but what the real value by then .....example if with 40m i can buy 5 2 bedroom apartment in festact at 8m each .....with the growing populations what will be the selling price of each by 2030 .....may be 20 m ....so after 10 years my bonds will be around 80m ....how many apartments can 80m buy in same festac in 2030 80/18 =4....so i have lost 1 apartments worth (20m) ......that not my only lost i have also lost annual rents of 2.5m x10 years =25m .....grand lost will be 45m in value ....nb reinvesting coupons =rental increases .....empty apartments =failed bids...

At 11.3% it will take you roughly 7 years to double your money using compound interest.

Divide 72 by 11.3.

I agree with you concerning your submission on fixed income Investments .
Not good to have more than 50% of our resources in highly liquid fixed income Investments.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:57am On Jun 21, 2020
einsteine:

Yeah, they are the largest African FDI providers in Africa. Infact, Tencent, one of the biggest Chinese companies in the world ($134 billion in assets) is majorly owned by the South African company, Naspers. Naspers own 31% of Tencent.

Looking forward to the time when Nigerian institutional Investors will think long term and become strategic.

The core Investors in Nigeria brewery, Unilever, Stanbic IBTC and many other companies are increasing their holdings, while Nigerian institutional Investors are shifting funds to fixed income Investments.

The second largest shareholder of Dangote cement is a South African pension fund firm. They currently have a representative on the board of the company

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 21, 2020
Happy Sunday great minds, with 100m and no intentions of using in the next 15years. can't do business because he can't monitor due to the nature of his salary work, also he respect the agreement with his employers for the next 15yrs. please what's your best advice on what he should invest on, note that security of capital is paramount. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 11:49am On Jun 21, 2020
Happy Father's Day to all Fathers, potential Father's and those playing Fatherly roles.

Thank you for nurturing the good seeds in us. You are our unsung heroes

KINDLY USE THE LINK BELOW TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH INVESTMENT ONE

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2020
Barrytone:
Happy Sunday great minds, with 100m and no intentions of using in the next 15years. can't do business because he can't monitor due to the nature of his salary work, also he respect the agreement with his employers for the next 15yrs. please what's your best advice on what he should invest on, note that security of capital is paramount. Thanks

Fixed income Investments, real estate or invest in a joint venture project or investment with responsible and successful Investors with track record in such ventures.

Such opportunities can be gotten from asset management firms, investment banking firms and top notch corporate lawyers.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kintus(m): 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sholapey:
Thank you for this write up sir, please pinch me to exit whenever you see the danger light.

Serious pinching grin grin cool shocked

I have been trying to connect with you but it seems I have outstanding requests. Nairaland and their rules.....

I've got a couple of questions I'll like to ask about Ireland. Hope to discuss with you soon.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
Olaide1295:

Who gives grants. Do you mean LG allocation?
yes allocation....na fgn grants
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
There are clean billionaire....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Satoshi2019: 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
Mr Phyde pls what's the minimum balance on stanbic max yield. I'm thinking of opening one. Also are there any disadvantages compared to the regular savings account. Thanks

Phyde:

I have not been getting interest for the past 2 months on my maxyield savings account. Will check my my account statements first before lodging complain.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
I was shocked when a merchant bought over a buiding own by b.u.a cement dad for 700m naira ....the merchant trades in textile material , so i became inquistive ...my taught he was fronting for some politcians ....the guy reconstructed and redesign the buidling for around 100m and is now called mudax gallary .i think there goods worth over 300m in the mall (textile materials ) he went on to aquire union bank buidling for 400m and converted it to another textile mall ....he change the narrative ...instead of people going to the cramp textile markets now can drive and buy their lace from here .

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
So i was not convinced that such money will come out from such markets ...so i got taking with a friend that own a stall inside the biggest textile markets in West africa ....is it possible to have person with capital base of 500m inside their markets ...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
He told.me that him ....is having capital of over 200m and just a small player �...he break it down that 5 yards of hollandis super exclusive is 42000 k each ...and for him import 20ft of hollandis it contains 120 bale , each bale contain 100 units of hollandis at 38000 (landing cost) so in a 20ft container he need around 400m to import...so he will have around 12000 unit of hollandis at 38000 each ...he sales to retailers at 42000 ...so gross profit is around 4000 each x 12000 units =48m naira

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
I will rather earn 1% off 100 people's efforts than earn 100% of my own efforts.

J. Paul Getty.

That is how Investors reason.

Own 1% of a well managed N1 billion business, rather than 100% of a N10 million business

Well said

(1) (2) (3) ... (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.