Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443797 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
Wiseoldman:

Funny thing, this is the first time i'm hearing something funny from these guys. I have two old time friends that live in on of their estate. It seems to be a well run estate. Like I said I have not been there in a while and I see my ploy cost 400% higher now.

Well, since we never know in this part of the world, I will need to secure the asset by putting something there.
Is it the one at Shimawa or Ikorodu?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdaoraNK(f): 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
i have visited 4 times ...na language dey spoil show....

Lol... I thought as much too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by StubbornGENIUS: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
MrMcJay:

So sorry to hear of your dad's experience.

@ the bolded, to get legit land in Lagos, you need:

A realistic budget,

Avoid payment by instalments,

Physically visit the land,

Get a registered Surveyor to pick up the physical coordinates of the land and chart it to be sure it doesn't fall under government acquisition,

Get a Property lawyer to undertake verification of the land,

Verification is not only at Alausa or of only documents, verify the sellers to be sure they aren't impostors and they have the right to sell,

Speak to people living near the land. The information that vulcanizer or fruit seller near the property would give you can save you from losing millions. Ask them.

Let your lawyer prepare your documents and at the point of payment, the sellers must sign. No stories.

Immediately you pay, start building your fence. If possible, pay like 60% of the cost of the land and once fencing is done, pay up the balance of 40%.

Once the transaction is done and you've received your documentation, try to perfect your title at the Lands Registry.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megastarkels: 6:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
GonFreecss1:

Wait. Do they mean you can invest with naira?

No. Was later told to source for my dollars for myself
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

If you have a good credit standing with Chinese who are looking to export into the Nigerian market. What good would you request they supply you for onward sales?

The Chinese person is not a manufacturer but is able to source anything from China and export on credit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
what the plot number ? U can hit me up what you price.
I have sent you an e-mail
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdaoraNK(f): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
Olaide1295:
Hi everyone,

If you have a good credit standing with Chinese who are looking to export into the Nigerian market. What good would you request they supply you for onward sales?

What product(s) is the Chinese firm into?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
AdaoraNK:

The Chinese person is not a manufacturer but is able to source anything from China and export on credit.

Their government is giving a tax incentive for exporters and he just moved to Wuhan free trade zone
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Invest in what you understand and can see. I only do cash and carry.

The hustle is real
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
Olaide1295:
Hi everyone,

You can create a thread for this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
Are you the Olaboide that has been lifting out content and turning them into your personal tweets?
Olaide1295:

Their government is giving a tax incentive for exporters and he just moved to Wuhan free trade zone

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
Breaking: CBN Governor confirms exchange rate unification plans

https://nairametrics.com/2020/06/23/cbn-governor-confirms-exchange-rate-unification-plans/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdaoraNK(f): 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Invest in what you understand and can see. I only do cash and carry.

The hustle is real

Your advice is noteworthy. I was referring to the poster if he actually have the knowledge of what is about to be sent to him.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Your advice is noteworthy. I was referring to the poster if he actually have the knowledge of what is about to be sent to him.

He wants to introduce you to importation of goods from China.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

He wants to introduce you to importation of goods from China.
No, that was not my intent.
It’s for me personally, not introducing anyone.
I’m trying to see what Chinese products moves in Nigerian market.
But I’ll create another thread so as not to derail this.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
Olaide1295:
Breaking: CBN Governor confirms exchange rate unification plans

https://nairametrics.com/2020/06/23/cbn-governor-confirms-exchange-rate-unification-plans/

Imagine this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
DexterousOne:

Imagine this
cbn now official yahoo agency.....roll out bonds ..people invest some even convert their dollars to invest in naira .....the devalue the damn thing .....everbody lost ......naira bonds should be for people having expense in naira ...so u battle inflations only....but foriegn based u battle devalutions and inflation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
cbn now official yahoo agency.....roll out bonds ..people invest some even convert their dollars to invest in naira .....the devalue the damn thing .....everbody lost ......naira bonds should be for people having expense in naira ...so u battle inflations only....but foriegn based u battle devalutions and inflation

Me I no understand wetin dey happen again
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Enyinne(f): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
Oga ,please hv they devalued already as i can plan accordingly on dollar purchase
ahiboilandgas:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2020
speak2lift:
Adron Homes- those jokers?

I laff everytime I see their adverts- i also fell for their marketing gimmicks way back then. Paid for the plot only to be told when i asked for my allocation that there are still some charges I need to off set.

[qquote author=abraolas1 post=90941495]

the Hidden Charges makes me to run away from Ibeju Lekki area ......for some they put it on their website e.g Andron Homes ....majority of them dont ...until i take a deep look and i later realise that the hidden charges is more than the amount u pay for the land which the buyer will not be inform as at the point of buying ......

And i also fear the Buy 5 and get 1 free plot of land hen.....cos this is Nigeria

Hmm. Interesting. Was almost getting carried away by thier well designed fliers and adverts
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
DexterousOne:

Me I no understand wetin dey happen again
if i convert my 100k euros at 40
m and bought suku bond at 11.3 my annual profit be around 4.5m ...total 44.5m after 365 days ...but in 2 weeks they are unifying rate with i .e window at 470 ....so my 44.5m/470 =94600 euro ...so i have lost 5400 euro .....cos i wasnt a rational investor but an emotional one ....5400 eurox 470= 2.6 m ...my monthly lost of over 200k permonths ....that just year 1 .....Naira has never recovered since introduced in the 60 s na to gain 2 naira and lost 100

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
Enyinne:
Oga ,please hv they devalued already as i can plan accordingly on dollar purchase
they want price unification with import and export window ...may be 400 ....dont purchase from the black markets untill they resume sale to bdc ....it already over priced ...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
If u have foreign expenses like morgagte payments ,school fees or u live abroad....naira bonds are not very advisable to hold long term ....u must alway exit the markets convert your holdings to dollars and strike back......oyinbos (fpi )are looking for 2bn-5bn dollars to run away from Nigeria fixed income space .....they are trapped since march ....they have more research data and know was up....they have been reinvesting the naira at omo ..8.5 praying for liquidaty to run ....other have take a lost and buy at 420 from unofficial source and ran away ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
if i convert my 100k euros at 40
m and bought suku bond at 11.3 my annual profit be around 4.5m ...total 44.5m after 365 days ...but in 2 weeks they are unifying rate with i .e window at 470 ....so my 44.5m/470 =94600 euro ...so i have lost 5400 euro .....cos i wasnt a rational investor but an emotional one ....5400 eurox 470= 2.6 m ...my monthly lost of over 200k permonths ....that just year 1 .....Naira has never recovered since introduced in the 60 s na to gain 2 naira and lost 100

What is the exchange rate for Euro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
If u have foreign expenses like morgagte payments ,school fees or u live abroad....naira bonds are not very advisable to hold long term ....u must alway exit the markets convert your holdings to dollars and strike back......oyinbos (fpi )are looking for 2bn-5bn dollars to run away from Nigeria fixed income space .....they are trapped since march ....they have more research data and know was up....they have been reinvesting the naira at omo ..8.5 praying for liquidaty to run ....other have take a lost and buy at 420 from unofficial source and ran away ....

Let them run, some new FDI are coming in, I heard the France's largest telecom company, Orange, is planning to come in. Soldier go soldier come.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
ositadima1:

Let them run, some new FDI are coming in, I heard the France's largest telecom company, Orange, is planning to come in. Soldier go soldier come.
FPi nof FDI
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Enyinne(f): 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
Oh thanks , that sounds good as i hv waited since 1 month to see price drop but it seems its taken forever. Any idea of timing please
ahiboilandgas:
they want price unification with import and export window ...may be 400 ....dont purchase from the black markets untill they resume sale to bdc ....it already over priced ...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
FPi nof FDI

Foreign direct investment like mtn, lafarge etc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
ositadima1:

Foreign direct investment like mtn, lafarge etc
foreign portfolio investors (fpi ) they invest in short time securities like euro bond ,treasury bills and equity .....they dont come to build factory and infrastructures

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
foreign portfolio investors (fpi ) they invest in short time securities like euro bond ,treasury bills and equity .....they dont come to build factory and infrastructures

Ok, we dont need such investors o.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
Enyinne:
Oh thanks , that sounds good as i hv waited since 1 month to see price drop but it seems its taken forever. Any idea of timing please
we are awaiting for cbn to resume sale to us (bdc) ...Abcon send us a mail that it will be when international air travels start .....may around August 24.......once we start getting bids we have a stability....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.