Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437588 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) (1367) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
oludy:

Me, 8 years and counting.
I cut my husband's hair 15 years now and still counting.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
Sholapey:
I cut my husband's hair 15 years and still counting.

I stopped going to the barbershop when my wife gave me a nice cut and nobody observed it was done at home, coupled with the fact that I was always lazy to go to the barbershop on Sunday evenings

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I stopped going to the barbershop when my wife gave me a nice cut and nobody observed it was done at home, coupled with the fact that I was always lazy to go to the barbershop on Sunday evenings
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Awesome! Women are good in DIY.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
I can imagine the discussion during the hair cut.
Oga Emma: Are you aware that the MD of the clipper company just bought some shares from a weavon company.
Madam Emma: Which of them because I have shares in all the major ones?

emmanuelewumi:

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
ojesymsym:
Oga Emma: Are you aware that the MD of the clipper company just bought some shares from a weavon company.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wifey is also an investor ooo. Just discussed the stock she will use the dividend from her FBN money market fund to buy. The dividend is payable this week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drealj: 11:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Low patronage, because of Covid 19 a lot of people cut their hair at home. I have not visited the barbershop in 3 years.

Very easy to give myself a skin cut
same game.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gabrielclint(m): 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please guys, what was the last treasury bill bid rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drealj: 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
oga u be old school....Nigeria population under 40 is around 80 percent ....those young boys doning beard gang na ever 3 days ,with those cock head style cant be done at home ....if u wan open salon look for middle class area like festact with many young people .....
Reality.great idea
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Salliet(m): 1:06am On Jul 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
If All rational investor refuse the unrealistic and peanut 4 percent and cbn issue tb and zero subscriptions they are force up raise rate ,manage inflations ....but now cbn is having a field day ....imaging get loans at 4 percent ...

With the oversubscription CBN gets albeit a low interest rate, I think it's time to kiss goodbye to double digits NTB interest rates. Plus it supports it's aspirations of CBN wanting Nigerian investors to put money into the real economy than trying to tie it down in fixed income investment.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 5:30am On Jul 01, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wifey is also an investor ooo. Just discussed the stock she will use the dividend from her FBN money market fund to buy. The dividend is payable this week

I like to see this. grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:27am On Jul 01, 2020
Good morning all, happy new month. We pray H2 2020 will be good for everyone of us investment wise.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdaoraNK(f): 8:17am On Jul 01, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Good morning all, happy new month. We pray H2 2020 will be good for everyone of us investment wise.

Amen
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:57am On Jul 01, 2020
Sholapey:
I cut my husband's hair 15 years now and still counting.

Shuoooo. Madam, so with all the plenty plenty money you are making, you do not want barbers to chop from it?. When i was in school, i was taught 'circular flow of income'. Make you allow this money flow now. cheesy grin

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2020
NL1960:

Shuoooo. Madam, so with all the plenty plenty money you are making, you do not want barbers to chop from it?. When i was in school, i was taught 'circular flow of income'. Make you allow this money flow now. cheesy grin
it might cos 20k naira to barb in ireland
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:02am On Jul 01, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

ojesymsym:

From this, Oga Emma will enter:

Oga Emma: Do you know that if the N400 i spend monthly at the barbershop shop is compounded at 10% for 20 years, it will amount to several millions that can buy x number of units of shares of a tier-1 bank that will give a dividend yield of 10%?.

Madam Emma: Certainly. I support putting that N400 in an investment account that compounds.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
it might cos 20k naira to barb in ireland

That is because you are converting to Naira. Naira is not earned and spent in Ireland. Most Nigerians make this mistake and so refused to go to the barbershop.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:08am On Jul 01, 2020
NL1960:

That is because you are converting to Naira. Naira is not earned and spent in Ireland. Most Nigerians make this mistake and so refused to go to the barbershop.
it will alway be there in your subconscious mind ...if it was lik 5 euro it will be fair but 50euro ....hmmm

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:20am On Jul 01, 2020
niyoni:

We are talking in the realm of billions, Sir.

Billion naira investments should birth billion naira returns within the right frameworks.

Billionaire investors should have billionaire appetite and billionaire patience!
Mouth!

What kind of business would you do with the billions to yield billion Naira returns?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:36am On Jul 01, 2020
NL1960:

Oga Emma: Do you know that if the N400 i spend monthly at the barbershop shop is compounded at 10% for 20 years, it will amount to several millions that can buy x number of units of shares of a tier-1 bank that will give a dividend yield of 10%?.

Madam Emma: Certainly. I support putting that N400 in an investment account that compounds.

N1600 spent monthly that is N19,200 per annum
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:43am On Jul 01, 2020
Save 25%? Some people go fight you here o
emmanuelewumi:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:49am On Jul 01, 2020
ojesymsym:
Save 25%? Some people go fight you here o
why not i was saving 100 percent of my monthly income when i was working ,i notice my investment like rents and side hustle can cater for all my needs ...it took some years to achieve....when tb was 18.5 ...a single investments of 20m can take me 365 days ....

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2020
Personally I can, but I tell you that there are people who will fight you for even mentioning this. Not even very low income bracket but moderate to high earners.
The kind of people I am talking about are the ones that by the second week their salary is finished and start borrowing, month in month out. Those ones non wan hear savings of even 5% not to talk of 25%.

ahiboilandgas:
why not i was saving 100 percent of my monthly income when i was working ,i notice my investment like rents and side hustle can cater for all my needs
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:57am On Jul 01, 2020
ojesymsym:
Personally I can, but I tell you that there are people who will fight you for even mentioning this. Not even very low income bracket but moderate to high earners.
The kind of people I am talking about are the ones that by the second week their salary is finished and start borrowing, month in month out. Those ones non wan hear savings of even 5% not to talk of 25%.

very true let me retract my statements

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 10:17am On Jul 01, 2020
NL1960:

Lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 01, 2020
In response to quotes: my Tbills investment is solely savings to arrive at a certain targeted figure then I move them to bond and then repeat same process. Planning to commence bond investment Q1 of next year. I hardly have the 50m cap at hand when opportunity unveil as I have several smaller amount in treasury bills. On my source of income, so far I have only two being salary and Tbills interest but hoping to do bond from next year. I have decided to leave out my properties as there are not profitable and can only cater for few drinks. On why am not into biz, simply I can't monitor them as I wish. 2019 April I invested 1.1m on a young man to acquire mini bus and return my money in 18months. Yesterday I invited him over for account balancing and realized he just paid 490k in over a year. That can't be my biz, not ready and don't have time for fights. My target for now is to have a working capital of 1b naira then retire from my salary work. From my calculations this will be achieved by my year 55. No matter the value of naira then I bet shouldn't be 50% less from today's value. All I need is sustainability, change car every 3 years, maintain my house, pay domestic staff, have enough for health care when needs arise and cater for the needy in my little way. 1b at 10% is about 8m monthly and if value is half then am looking at 4m of today's value. With 4m monthly presently, I can live that live I so wished. I do not intend to go looking for more money as am busy planning my dead and really don't care what happens after am gone. how long do we think a 55yrs old man will survive. Those remaining years are for groove and not hustle. I can't be dangote that is building refinery at his age. My activity stops at 55, I just want to breath and not own money that might become useless to me yet useful to generation unborn. I hustled mine from the scratch, they will inherit my 1b capital and that's all. As it stands today, if I loss my job, my investment is capable of paying me same salary am receiving as it stands. There is amount of money you get and it just keep going up without doing a thing. On the 4% Tbills "savings" plan, with huge capital, you wouldn't feel the low rate hence those guys with billions keep over subscribing. They wouldn't risk their billions on this naija economy. All they do is recycle the billions. So even at 1%, its still over subscribed.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 11:03am On Jul 01, 2020
My girl was trying to download a source file yesterday and it was about 1.4GB. She didn't even ask me before she started doing it and it made me reflect on some economics.

Years back, 200MB was about N1000, today 1k (which is weaker) can get you 1.5GB on MTN. (I'm on HyNetflex 800GB at 90k for 6 months, which means I'm even paying like N112.5 for 1GB)

The citizens are generally poorer, but MTN is now richer selling at reduced prices (with more competition). Most things have remained worse in terms of infrastructure and economy.

MTN is not very good for us, because they still ship their profits back to SA. But this illustration shows an economic advantage that building has.

Imagine if we had a functional cotton factory in Kano and a Zara production house in Aba. Zara will even be shipping some things from Nigeria. I've bought several clothings from Zara U.S that were made in Morocco.

This is a very clear example on how increasing our productive capacity will be better for the country at large. When it comes to data, N1000 today can get you 10 times what it got you several years ago. It doesn't matter if the N1000 has devalued, depreciated or whatever, you can simply get more value for it now.

Imagine this is replicated for food, clothing e.t.c We won't have this much craze about USD because you will obviously have a lot more disposable income, and can afford 10 times more than you used to.

16 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 01, 2020
NL1960:

You got it wrong, I do charity and all but as we all know charity begins at home. Not only my husband's hair, I also cut my son's hair and I make my girls hair too. It's my responsibility as a woman to put my family in order. Your head is your glory, be sensitive.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2020
No she bought a female adult big and a male was made to mate with her the babies were sold. The feeding shoud be 1k5 a week because the foods they eats are in the farm.
ahiboilandgas:
what the cost of feeding the pigs to maturity? Then we get real profit ....my cowing experience was not funny 12 cows eat like 3k food daily ...it only when cow graze free that profitable...or u have a value chain...like the alh selling suya in ikoyi club....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:39am On Jul 01, 2020
Barrytone:
In response to quotes: my Tbills investment is solely savings to arrive at a certain targeted figure then I move them to bond and then repeat same process. Planning to commence bond investment Q1 of next year. I hardly have the 50m cap at hand when opportunity unveil as I have several smaller amount in treasury bills. On my source of income, so far I have only two being salary and Tbills interest but hoping to do bond from next year. I have decided to leave out my properties as there are not profitable and can only cater for few drinks. On why am not into biz, simply I can't monitor them as I wish. 2019 April I invested 1.1m on a young man to acquire mini bus and return my money in 18months. Yesterday I invited him over for account balancing and realized he just paid 490k in over a year. That can't be my biz, not ready and don't have time for fights. My target for now is to have a working capital of 1b naira then retire from my salary work. From my calculations this will be achieved by my year 55. No matter the value of naira then I bet shouldn't be 50% less from today's value. All I need is sustainability, change car every 3 years, maintain my house, pay domestic staff, have enough for health care when needs arise and cater for the needy in my little way. 1b at 10% is about 8m monthly and if value is half then am looking at 4m of today's value. With 4m monthly presently, I can live that live I so wished. I do not intend to go looking for more money as am busy planning my dead and really don't care what happens after am gone. how long do we think a 55yrs old man will survive. Those remaining years are for groove and not hustle. I can't be dangote that is building refinery at his age. My activity stops at 55, I just want to breath and not own money that might become useless to me yet useful to generation unborn. I hustled mine from the scratch, they will inherit my 1b capital and that's all. As it stands today, if I loss my job, my investment is capable of paying me same salary am receiving as it stands. There is amount of money you get and it just keep going up without doing a thing. On the 4% Tbills "savings" plan, with huge capital, you wouldn't feel the low rate hence those guys with billions keep over subscribing. They wouldn't risk their billions on this naija economy. All they do is recycle the billions. So even at 1%, its still over subscribed.
nice ...but u want money too ....less than 0.1 of Nigerians can have 1bn in there life time ....so u like money too ...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 01, 2020
NL1960:

We don't care about the charges. All we care about is time, our time is money. And we choose to spend the time of going to the salon with family and it makes us happy. If my oga no like am, he no go allow me for 15years now. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bidosko(m): 11:51am On Jul 01, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:
My girl was trying to download a source file yesterday and it was about 1.4GB. She didn't even ask me before she started doing it and it made me reflect on some economics.

Years back, 200MB was about N1000, today 1k (which is weaker) can get you 1.5GB on MTN. (I'm on HyNetflex 800GB at 90k for 6 months, which means I'm even paying like N112.5 for 1GB)

The citizens are generally poorer, but MTN is now richer selling at reduced prices (with more competition). Most things have remained worse in terms of infrastructure and economy.

MTN is not very good for us, because they still ship their profits back to SA. But this illustration shows an economic advantage that building has.

Imagine if we had a functional cotton factory in Kano and a Zara production house in Aba. Zara will even be shipping some things from Nigeria. I've bought several clothings from Zara U.S that were made in Morocco.

This is a very clear example on how increasing our productive capacity will be better for the country at large. When it comes to data, N1000 today can get you 10 times what it got you several years ago. It doesn't matter if the N1000 has devalued, depreciated or whatever, you can simply get more value for it now.

Imagine this is replicated for food, clothing e.t.c We won't have this much craze about USD because you will obviously have a lot more disposable income, and can afford 10 times more than you used to.
i always wonder too how inflation rate works, because people complain that making 10% a year is still a negative rate as a result of inflation.
Most product or service do not increase their price yearly

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) (1367) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.