Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4444109 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:57am On Aug 02, 2020
seunpinky:
This is the way to go.. I currently work with an IPP that manages electricity to several estates within the lekki axis and they pay premium price for uninterrupted power supply. The tariff ranges from btw N55/kwh to N60/kwh. Electricity is not cheap.
whooa nice
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:59am On Aug 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
the blue line is built on top it a metro line the redline moves from ikorodu to marina....

Primero Transport, a company that is linked to the godfather has the license for Ikorodu to TBS route. The company has over 400 BRT buses in its fleet. The company does not pay to Agbero, LASTMA and others

I am suggesting something similar for Sango Otta to Oshodi route. Badagry to Mile 2 route, Oshodi to Obalende route, CMS to Ajah route etc

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
gaeul:
See what Treasury bills thread has been reduced to...When a house is abandoned...Rat and reptiles take over....I pray rates get better soonest...so this thread can come alive again

It is very alive.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seunpinky(m): 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2020
I was only guessing oga mi.. lemme edit my guess to be less specific
emmanuelewumi:

I am sorry, i never mentioned names
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CsRockefeller(m): 12:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
gaeul:
See what Treasury bills thread has been reduced to...When a house is abandoned...Rat and reptiles take over....I pray rates get better soonest...so this thread can come alive again

Let me not say what is on my mind because it's best not to wrestle with someone in d mud.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seunpinky(m): 12:09pm On Aug 02, 2020
Oga mi, if I reveal the rot in primero transport, u will wail for us as a nation. The primero project is quite ludible if well executed. But the debt profile of the coy is something else ( diesel debts, refinancing of the loan from sterling bank by issuing a corporate bond, the bond was not so successful as a major investor pulled out at the last minute). When u say they have 400 buses, I laff out loud, do ur findings and confirm how many buses they roll out daily.

emmanuelewumi:

Primero Transport, a company that is linked to the godfather has the license for Ikorodu to TBS route. The company has over 400 BRT buses in its fleet. The company does not pay to Agbero, LASTMA and others

I am suggesting something similar for Sango Otta to Oshodi route. Badagry to Mile 2 route, Oshodi to Obalende route, CMS to Ajah route etc

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CsRockefeller(m): 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2020
seunpinky:
Oga mi, if I reveal the rot in primero transport, u will wail for us as a nation. The primero project is quite ludible if well executed. But the debt profile of the coy is something else ( diesel debts, refinancing of the loan from sterling bank by issuing a corporate bond, the bond was not so successful as a major investor pulled out at the last minute). When u say they have 400 buses, I laff out loud, do ur findings and confirm how many buses they roll out daily.

Primero Transport is probably d worst run entity in the world.

Words fail me to understand how a company that runs the Ikd to Tbs route can't break even.

The forces holding Lagos down are really strong.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2020
Very unwise statement. We are busy talking about the betterment of Nigeria as a whole. What is the importance of tbills at 18% if you don't have good roads, constant electricity supply, affordable healthcare and good education for your children and security? Treasury bills rate at 30% becomes useless without these basic facilities.

That is why in Nigeria today, no matter how rich you are, you somehow still feel poor and unsecured inside you.

gaeul:

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seunpinky(m): 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
I agree � with ur write up, I wouldn't have put it better. Primero generates an average daily revenue of N23million on week days and N19million on weekends.

CsRockefeller:

Primero Transport is probably d worst run entity in the world.

Words fail me to understand how a company that runs the Ikd to Tbs route can't break even.

The forces holding Lagos down are really strong.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
seunpinky:

mismanagement because they got the license on a platter of gold. The business ought to be very profitable, but mismanagement killed it.

LASG is also subsiding a so called private business, I know some people who work their the stories are not good

How millions of Naira are shared every Fridays, now they are owing diesel suppliers, cant buy spare parts, can't replace old buses, owing workers salaries, reducing workers salaries, stopped payments of allowances, workers are over worked

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CsRockefeller(m): 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2020
seunpinky:
I agree � with ur write up, I wouldn't have put it better. Primero generates an average daily revenue of N23million on week days and N19million on weekends.

In a sane Govt, that coy would have been thoroughly scrutinized by external auditors.

It's either someone is stealing from their accounts or it is terribly run

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
CsRockefeller:

In a sane Govt, that coy would have been thoroughly scrutinized by external auditors.

It's either someone is stealing from their accounts or it is terribly run

Fola Tinubu is the CEO of the company.
Mismanagement killed the company.

They are subsidised by the state.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 12:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
CsRockefeller:

You provide the services before you tax the citizens, that's how it's done not the other way round.

Now tell me, what has the Govt provided to warrant these taxes?

You want to tax me for the land I bought, sand filled, dug bore hole, bought a pole and wired my house, graded d road, provided a security at the gate?

Just negodu, every family in Nigeria is a government on its own. You have to provide everything, from shelter to water, yet the failed government paste on my gate land use tax, for what purpose, the air I breathe?

Lagos state built many new estates in various parts of lag but the poor or average people can't near them because the price are too exorbitant, the government give nothing to the poor but in turn expect much from them.

Generating taxes from Nigerians maybe difficult except you want to do a direct debit from their bank , I hope it doesn't get to that point when you pay tax according to the amount you have in your accounts

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CsRockefeller(m): 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Covid-19 was a perfect excuse to increase their fare by over 200%

It's not even about the subsidy. The new ones; Lagos Bus Ltd (operators of the light blue buses) are also subsidized but efficiently run.

I understand that Govt provides d buses and they (Primero) manages it.

The question is on what arrangement was the PPP given?

I'm guessing that Primero couldn't fulfill their own financial side of the bargain and Govt couldn't bear the cost all alone.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seunpinky(m): 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2020
It's a case of the more u look, the less u see.
Primero is not even fulfilling it's financial obligations to LAMATA.
CsRockefeller:

It's not even about the subsidy. The new ones; Lagos Bus Ltd (operators of the light blue buses) are also subsidized but efficiently run.

I understand that Govt provides d bus and they (Primero) manages it.

I'm guessing that Primero couldn't fulfill their own financial side of the bargain and Govt couldn't bear the cost all alone.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CsRockefeller(m): 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
seunpinky:

And I guess they are too cowardly to strip them off the partnership.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
gaeul:

Are you not learning from these conversation?. If you are not, then you should.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
CsRockefeller:

I understand that Govt provides d bus and they (Primero) manages it.

It is all part of the corruption. Government have not business in that set up at all.

The investing public can raise N10 billion start up capital for the business. Lagos State through Ibile Holdings can own 10% of the company if they want, Lagosians can own 40% of the company, big money financiers like PE equity Investors, Insurance companies, Transport companies etc can own the remaining shares of Company.

A business making a turnover of over N500 million in a month should be doing well. The business also enjoys exclusive Monopoly on the Ikorodu/TBS route should not be having the current financial crisis.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
seunpinky:

How will they ?

They got the opportunity on a platter of gold.

Give that opportunity to a serious business minded organization, if they won't create wealth for the company and its shareholders

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

For transportation in cities like Lagos. I think government should give licenses for big businesses to ply certain routes.

Transport companies to be given such licenses should have a minimum of 400 buses in their fleet, pay an annual license fees of about 100k per bus ie minimum of N40 million per company.

Agbero should be banned and all revenues should come to the government.

It's a good suggestion and there will be sanity on our roads but also note that transport fare will go up which I think the masses are not braced up for.

Covid19 make commuters pay high fare because of the
restrictions on numbers of passengers in a bus at a time , I can't just imagine the financial pain they through on a daily basis
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2020
Akin3891:

It's a good suggestion and there will be sanity on our roads but also note that transport fare will go up which I think the masses are not braced up for.

Covid19 make commuters pay high fare because of the
restrictions on numbers of passengers in a bus at a time , I can't just imagine the financial pain they through on a daily basis

It won't go up, fares are approved by LAMATA. You need their approval before you increase fares

Small operators will operate at the inner city routes, eg Ojuelegba to Lawanson, Agric to Isawo, Ketu to Alapere etc

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
And if i may ask who are the rats and reptiles? Your statement speaks volumes of who you are? Yeye dey smell
gaeul:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2020
A lot of businesses like Lagos State Development and Property Corporation, Lagos State Waste Management Corporation, Lagos State Water Corporation etc ought to be privatised.

Lagos State can own shares in these companies, but the citizens and Investors should own about 60%. These companies can then pay corporate taxes to the government.

It is too bad that these state owned corporation are not making profits even though they enjoy monopoly and incentives from government

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by delawal: 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

same Tinubus most south westerners cant see above his shoulders. we keep apportioning blames and giving handouts of solution, at d end of the day we go back to d same shi.t dts killing us. nigeria is doomed

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/5907

Biafran4life:
Sorry to post this here.Pls what is happening to stock market thread? Can't find it in the investment options

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Enyinne(f): 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
For the mutual funds , can the person top up as someone in canada wants to know about this . Can this be opened online without appearance?is bvn needed as he doesnt hv Nigerian Acct. pls enlighten me
emmasoft:

Suggestions
Mutual funds-- VGIF recommended 7.5% Gurranteed
Stocks
GTBank and Zenith if you can take the risk
Click on my signature to do any of the suggestions with investment one (former GTBank asset management)

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2020
Enyinne:
For the mutual funds , can the person top up as someone in canada wants to know about this . Can this be opened online without appearance?is bvn needed as he doesnt hv Nigerian Acct. pls enlighten me

For VGIF, investors can top up anytime with any amount.
VGIF account can be opened, monitored and funds redeemed online. The physical presence of the investors are not required for any of our operations.
BVN is required to open VGIF account. It's part of the regulatory (SEC) requirements to open investment account.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tvegas(m): 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
maishai:

From my level magnify it to a national scale.........................PREPAID CAN NEVER Work in Present day Nigeria................. I dont know of tommorrow
If you can't make simple things like prepaid meter work,tell me what will work? We are not ready for growth in this country,most of us are just paying lip service.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Enyinne(f): 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2020
Can bvn be registered when u are not in Nigeria physically? Please any idea how this works
emmasoft:

For VGIF, investors can top up anytime with any amount.
VGIF account can be opened, monitored and funds redeemed online. The physical presence of the investors are not required for any of our operations.
BVN is required to open VGIF account. It's part of the regulatory (SEC) requirements to open investment account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
Enyinne:
Can bvn be registered when u are not in Nigeria physically? Please any idea how this works

As per BVN you can check the link below:

https://www.chronicle.ng/2017/11/full-list-of-bvn-centers-for-nigerians-in-diaspora/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drawingbook: 8:31pm On Aug 02, 2020
Guys can anyone educate me on treasury bills? Please
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
ultron12345:

In my view, the government shouldn't waste it's scarce resources on commercial enterprises. Let the government resources go for things like basic education, healthcare, defence etc

Government doesn't need to spend a kobo of scarce resources on power. Just create the right policies and private investors will generate all the power we need in the shortest time possible. Not the current situation where electricity companies are complaining of being forced by NERC to sell below their cost price. Investors will take loans, build power plants and transmission/distribution lines, generate power, sell that power, and make a healthy profit, from which they will pay back their loans. Same thing goes for railways, airlines, pipebourne water etc. Let the private sector handle it. All the government needs to do is tax the private sector to provide education, healthcare etc

The government needs to free up the economy. Regulations are too tight. Government just dey chook hand everywhere, spreading it's scarce resources thin. Look at NNPC refineries and how theyre wasting money. Was it not the Kaduna refinery that made 60B loss last year with zero revenue. Why should the government be running refineries in the first place. Deregulate and privatise these things PROPERLY and watch the private sector work wonders.

Even major inter-state roads can be given to private companies to construct and operate. In other countries, you'll see so so road is owned 35% by this company, 25% by that company, 15% by that equity fund etc In other countries, when traveling by road, you always budget for tolls. But in Nigeria, it's all free. I rather drive on good, smooth, safe roads and pay tolls than to drive on death traps where container can fall on head for free.

Lots of wisdom in one post!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: ixyi(m), OnoriodeV14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.