Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447434 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by guru25(m): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
Where can I buy TB in Port Harcourt? Thanks to the dude that started this trend. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jamace(m): 5:36am On Jan 13, 2013
guru25: Where can I buy TB in Port Harcourt? Thanks to the dude that started this trend. God bless you
Just go to your bank and make inquiry. Or just walk into any bank preferably First Bank and GTB and make inquiry.
Happy investing.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 13, 2013
hello nairalanders.....i intend investin in TB asap, i ve noticed a downward turn in the yield on TB and its quite discouragin..pls wats main the reason for dis.....to kno the possibility if it might pick up later.....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zoedicus: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
weldone feelamong and the guys. God bless u.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by question(m): 1:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
laceonline02: hello nairalanders.....i intend investin in TB asap, i ve noticed a downward turn in the yield on TB and its quite discouragin..pls wats main the reason for dis.....to kno the possibility if it might pick up later.....
Basic economic law of demand and supply.
If investors offer funds more than the government needs, the T-bills rate will start falling.
If the government needs funds more than investors can offer, the T-bills rate will start rising.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
tanks house....i ll give it a trial
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:26am On Jan 14, 2013
laceonline02: tanks house....i ll give it a trial

yea go on and give it a trial. Notwitstanding the drop in yield, it still remains the best money market investment to me. I invest , take my interest upfront, and still get a rate far better than any Fixed deposit; yet witout any withholding tax!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hojayz: 10:22am On Jan 14, 2013
GTbank accept 500K. just confirmed from them
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exago(m): 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
feelamong:

yea go on and give it a trial. Notwitstanding the drop in yield, it still remains the best money market investment to me. I invest , take my interest upfront, and still get a rate far better than any Fixed deposit; yet witout any withholding tax!

take my interest upfront - what do you mean by this, can you be paid interest before your TB matures
yet witout any withholding tax! - you are saying no WHT, but what does the bank charge for running investment for you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
exago:

take my interest upfront - what do you mean by this, can you be paid interest before your TB matures
yet witout any withholding tax! - you are saying no WHT, but what does the bank charge for running investment for you.

YES in Tbills You can opt to take your interest upfront!
There is no withholding tax (WHT) in Tbills unlike in Fixed deposits where you also have to pay 10% of your interest as WHT back to the government!
The only charge for TBills transaction is 0.125% of the amount. For N1M this amounts to N1,250= only

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
nairalander.....just left gtbank oyo branch now to book for Tbill..minimum capital is 1m....i was forced to refix mi money for anoda 1month.....guys pls help reconfirm gtbank minimum capital
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SN: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
Hello,
I would like to let you know about a web site that I found recently, where you can make huge money online.
It’s a real and simple system to make revenue on the Internet.
Open the link below to get it:

http://unlimitedtrust.com/-108899.htm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 9:32am On Jan 16, 2013
So i visited GT Bank Ajose Adeogun and they said minimum amount is N500,000. Next bid date is Tuesday 29 January 2013
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 16, 2013
osikhueme: So i visited GT Bank Ajose Adeogun and they said minimum amount is N500,000. Next bid date is Tuesday 29 January 2013

seems my gtb branch is tryin to discourage mi with their 1m minimum capital

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sellydion: 11:49am On Jan 16, 2013
If stock market spiral down rate on treasury bill goes up, if stock market spiral up rate on treasury bill goes down. It has inverse relationship based on investors emotion. It will always be a good market for risk averters like me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/16/nigeria-bills-idUSL6N0AL74620130116

Nigeria plans to sell 164.88 billion naira ($1.05 billion) worth of treasury bills with maturities ranging from three months to one year on Jan 24, at its twice-monthly auction, the central bank said on Wednesday.

The bank said it will auction 34.88 billion naira in 91-day bills, 50 billion naira in 182-day notes and 80 billion naira in 364-day paper, using Dutch auction system.

Nigeria, Africa's top energy producer, issues treasury bills regularly as part of monetary control measures to help lenders manage their liquidity and control the money supply. ($1 = 157.15 naira) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa; Editing by Tim Cocks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by honeyfave: 8:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hi feelamomg,
Thank u for this thread. I've been following this thread since last year just to get some tips on TB.I just submitted my application today.It's a great investment despite d declining interest rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:06am On Jan 18, 2013
honeyfave: Hi feelamomg,
Thank u for this thread. I've been following this thread since last year just to get some tips on TB.I just submitted my application today.It's a great investment despite d declining interest rate.

Many Thanks!

Meanwhile lets start getting ready for the secondary bonds market that is about to be started on the NSE. At the moment only banks have been enjoying the excellent yields of up to 16% that some of these FGN bonds provide.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dandollar1: 10:01am On Jan 18, 2013
feelamong:

Many Thanks!

Meanwhile lets start getting ready for the secondary bonds market that is about to be started on the NSE. At the moment only banks have been enjoying the excellent yields of up to 16% that some of these FGN bonds provide.
interesting! Please could you shed more light on this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 10:15am On Jan 18, 2013
Please keep us updated concerning secondary market. Next bid date is 22 January rather not 29 January

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
honeyfave: Hi feelamomg, Thank u for this thread. I've been following this thread since last year just to get some tips on TB.I just submitted my application today.It's a great investment despite d declining interest rate.
What was your bid rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:00am On Jan 22, 2013
Seun:
What was your bid rate?

Am throwing in my bid this morning at 11.3% for 91 days!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
11.5% for 182days

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
@feelamong any update on today's bid?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
osikhueme: @feelamong any update on today's bid?
Actually the bidding at CBN is tomorrow.
Hopefully by thursday morning the stop rates will be communicated to us.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by frankyj(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2013
Hi guys,
Can I buy TB of N250,000. Wats d minimum amount one could invest in TB. Pls reply asap
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by buJu234: 8:49am On Jan 23, 2013
@Frankyj

Yes you can if you go to first bank. but its like theirs from secondary Mkt.

and their min. is 100k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
Does anyone know the stop rates yet?

UPDATE: I think the stop rate for the 91 day t-bill must be below 11.4%, down from 11.55% at the last auction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:38am On Jan 25, 2013
Seun: Does anyone know the stop rates yet?

UPDATE: I think the stop rate for the 91 day t-bill must be below 11.4%, down from 11.55% at the last auction.

The stop rates was terrible..Lost out on all fronts!

91 days ------10.84%

182 days ------11%

364 days ------11.049%

these foreign investors have really messed up the market. Am off to the NSE to take some risk and make money! see u guys!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 3:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
OMG!!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 3:20am On Jan 29, 2013
What next?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.