Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4440925 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
My guy, I admire your passion but just remember you are dealing with Nigerians. Na only Nigeria for the whole world you go enter market (alaba international market), test DVD, package am pay as u wan go house they go tell u say speaker non de among the thing you pay for.(Reference to the thread yesterday of someone's experience)

Nigerians are Nigeria's problem. We are a very peculiar people
very true ..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
Another thing you do not seem to be aware of is that most schools in Cotonou have accounts in Nigeria that students pay their school fees in, and you can trade naira directly with CFA in Cotonou, so those countries are not our immediate problems. Na importation be the main culprit not the schools in those countries that are owned by Nigerian owners.
Perhaps na Cyprus, Eastern Europe and perhaps North Africa the rogue schools de.
ahiboilandgas:
is reading a problem ?remove all mushroom universities oversea example American university benin ,American university Niger republic .....

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
Akin3891:

Just checked, I haven't received mine. Those who complained yesterday, has anyone received?
Lol...you didn't sound like that yesterday, I thought you were paid already. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by careerwoman(f): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hi people...
So a friend introduced me to an app called “RISE VEST”. It’s a platform where you can invest in dollar denominated Euro bonds (Low Risk), US Real Estate (Medium) and Stocks (High Risk).

Please does anyone know or use the Rise Vest app?
I’m just looking for ways to stop the devaluation of my money because of our unstable economy.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
careerwoman:
Hi people...
So a friend introduced me to an app called “RISE VEST”. It’s a platform where you can invest in dollar denominated Euro bonds (Low Risk), US Real Estate (Medium) and Stocks (High Risk).

I’m just looking for ways to stop the devaluation of my money because of our unstable economy.
Co -ask
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
My maturity went into ponzi today, asked and nobody care, took risk. 5m went into forex, trading. 3 different house, 2 for 2m and 1m. 3 different fraud house risk is take, only when you get that quotient
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
I've invested with RISE before.

Quite a fairly novel investment platform. They're learning quite fast.

Pretty decent returns while preserving my funds against devaluation. I cashed out at the peak of the Naira free-fall.

However, I'm not sure this is the best time to buy dollar as there are chances of an improved FX market which might hunt your profit, badly.

Do your market analysis, observe trends, start with an experimental investment.

Best wishes.

careerwoman:
Hi people...

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 12:02am On Sep 04, 2020
Sholapey:
Lol...you didn't sound like that yesterday, I thought you were paid already. cheesy

Lol. Running out of patience my sister , that money don get budget.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 04, 2020
Akin3891:

Lol. Running out of patience my sister , that money don get budget.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 04, 2020
RayRay06677:
My maturity went into ponzi today, asked and nobody care, took risk. 5m went into forex, trading. 3 different house, 2 for 2m and 1m. 3 different fraud house risk is take, only when you get that quotient
Sir, your post makes no sense undecided

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 04, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
is reading a problem ?remove all mushroom universities oversea example American university benin ,American university Niger republic .....
Boss, did you go to a school better than a mushroom university? I always struggle to comprehend your posts because your writing is honestly not the best. I never mentioned it because I assumed you were illiterate to be honest and I didn’t want to sound like I was making fun of an illiterate. But to see you calling an African University a mushroom school makes me want to know if you even went to a university. If so, please state your alma mater so we can avoid that school.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:52am On Sep 04, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Boss, did you go to a school better than a mushroom university? I always struggle to comprehend your posts because your writing is honestly not the best. I never mentioned it because I assumed you were illiterate to be honest and I didn’t want to sound like I was making fun of an illiterate that was doing well in life. But to see you calling an American University a mushroom school makes me want to know if you even went to a university. If so, please state your alma mater so we can avoid that school.
sorry my posts are not for empty heads thats why they are hard to comprehend. and it not bbn related posts

20 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Boss, did you go to a school better than a mushroom university? I always struggle to comprehend your posts because your writing is honestly not the best. I never mentioned it because I assumed you were illiterate to be honest and I didn’t want to sound like I was making fun of an illiterate that was doing well in life. But to see you calling an American University a mushroom school makes me want to know if you even went to a university. If so, please state your alma mater so we can avoid that school.

American University Oudegbe in Benin Republic and co are mushroom Unis if we are being honest

grin

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 9:02am On Sep 04, 2020
hustla:

American University Oudegbe in Benin Republic and co are mushroom Unis if we are being honest

grin

Lol.
It's true.
I think the one in Benin Republic went bankrupt and closed down or something like that.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2020
Cyberknight:

Lol.
It's true.
I think the one in Benin Republic went bankrupt and closed down or something like that.

I haven't heard about them in a bit

The school is mostly for 'yeye' students. Most of the students are naira Marlians and the girls are Pay as You Go

grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 9:07am On Sep 04, 2020
CAN ONE TRADE DOLLAR ON THIS ABOKI FC??.
And pls which safest investment has highest interest rate now.
Savings with gtb is not giving me any reasonable interest.

And stanbic mutual fund, pls want is der interest as Tbs don fall now.
Help a broda... I m tired of waiting for salary all time.
I want to invest small tin so i can call asset somewhere

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 9:09am On Sep 04, 2020
hustla:

I haven't heard about them in a bit

The school is mostly for 'yeye' students. Most of the students are naira Marlians and the girls are Pay as You Go

grin

Lol.
I don't know about that, but I do know that the school was an unaccredited mess and the Nigerian government, for once in its existence, did the right thing by withdrawing recognition from certificates issued by that school and other Cotonou ventures.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:16am On Sep 04, 2020
Hallenjay:

set up an enterprise, take calculated risk ...it must not be interest income only....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2020
Hallenjay:

Try VGIF by Investment one u will be happy you did. Call/chat me. I will send you my voice notes for detail clarifications.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 04, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
very easy that why we have audit firm like accenture,kpmg etc ....i can even do it as a consultant .....i know all the high risk countries to scrutinize and school very easy ...all attendees of private college in dead countries will need verification from embassy and WES ....
You can do it as a consultant shocked. Really? Sir, how will they understand your reports? undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

You can do it as a consultant shocked. Really? Sir, how will they understand your reports? undecided
anit u better off in your bbn thread ?since this is too complex for u

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 10:28am On Sep 04, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Stop being petty

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 10:29am On Sep 04, 2020
Cyberknight:

Lol.
I don't know about that, but I do know that the school was an unaccredited mess and the Nigerian government, for once in its existence, did the right thing by withdrawing recognition from certificates issued by that school and other Cotonou ventures.

Never knew they withdrew it

Kudos to them then
shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2020
Cbn bans importation of maize to save the dwindling value of the naira, poultry farmers complain of maize feed shortages, cbn releases forex to import maize.

Can someone explain the missing link here.

Is this simply an issue with capacity to output enough maize

Or

An over valued naira.

Mr conglomerate over to you

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

There is nothing wrong with having dormiciliary accounts

And besides
You have to understand WHY there is an increase in demand for dormiciliary accounts in the first place

You cannot continue to work hard
And the government in its foolishness continue to enact policies that keep devaluing and destroying your net worth

Even Dangote has had enough
He is moving assets abroad
Something he swore he will never do.

We have a goat in Aso rock who does not know what he is doing
We have the country moving like a rudderless ship

So what do you expect?

Okay
Let's say you succeed and ban dormiciliary accounts

People will be buying strong safes (not the one we call Kolo) and be saving the dollars in their house

That's what I will do for sure
And I know others will

Until the underlying issue that motivates people to go open a dormiciliary account in the first place is tackled

This will keep going on
Armed robbers will also get stronger guns to blow up those strong safes when they visit grin. No just try am o. Meanwhile, I don’t see anything wrong in government banning domiciliary accounts for people that have no use for them. These are the people demanding USD and jacking up the rates for those that genuinely need USD angry. Those that want to save in USD should save their greenbacks at home but they are on their own when Omila comes calling o grin. Make we no go force government to take extreme exchange control measures like making it a crime to even be in possession of foreign currency o. That will be bloody o.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 10:59am On Sep 04, 2020
Access Bank reviewed their interest rates yesterday. Very funny

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 11:00am On Sep 04, 2020
Nakedman:
Access Bank reviewed their interest rates yesterday. Very funny

So did Standard Chartered. It's now a race to the bottom.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:14am On Sep 04, 2020
Where it not for political interest, that would have been one of the next natural steps. Fortunately, our politicians also need forex.
Imagine a party convention without forex, is that one a convention
Lazyyouth4u:

Armed robbers will also get stronger guns to blow up those strong safes when they visit grin. No just try am o. Meanwhile, I don’t see anything wrong in government banning domiciliary accounts for people that have no use for them. These are the people demanding USD and jacking up the rates for those that genuinely need USD angry. Those that want to save in USD should save their greenbacks at home (as you mentioned) but they are on their own when Omila comes calling o grin. Make we no go force government to take extreme exchange control measures like making it a crime to even be in possession of foreign currency o. That will be bloody o.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pesty100(m): 11:15am On Sep 04, 2020
Cyberknight:

So did Standard Chartered. It's now a race to the bottom.
wema Bank too. It's like the government just wants to pursue all of us out of this country

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Whitecoal711: 11:25am On Sep 04, 2020
emmasoft:

Try VGIF by Investment one u will be happy you did. Call/chat me. I will send you my voice notes for detail clarifications.
please which bank can I do payment
Please I want a one on one registration in any bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 11:30am On Sep 04, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

To be very honest with you, majority of the students that goes to Benin Republic, Ghana, Cameroon and all these Neighbouring countries to school are actually those that could not get admission in Nigerian Universities. Except for those Nigerians that were born, bread and school there who decided to return to their fatherland. To also be very honest with you, I have never if not that he mentioned those names I have never heard any of those.

That said, discussions here are actually targeted towards a particular purpose. Yes, education is part of it. However, it is limited to investment and financial education. Many people here have attested to not going to any tertiary institutions but can write even better than some that have gone. In all the language we understand is how to make more money legally. If you like write it in Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa someone will interpret for those that doesn't.

If your alma mater is Oxford or Cambridge and it doesn't better your existence or upgrade your thinking order than writing good English then it is not worth it.

Personally, I would have valued this your particular contribution if you gave reasons why Nigeria should continue to spend it's hard earned Forex reserve on those schools. I may or may not agreed with the reasons but it would be that you have contribution toward the discussion.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: evans630, blkmum700 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.