Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,258 members, 7,864,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4510429 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (2243) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tritri:
@ feelamong Kindly Advice any other special way to secure or monitor my bonds which i bought last month, Is it possible someone withdraw/sale or change account number on my bonds... Just curious as this stuffs happens in the stocks too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2016
Tritri:
[b][/b]

Just ask for the Custodian where your Bond is warehoused for custody..

then go the custodian to confirm that all is well and will always remain well..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nineville(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2016
Royal155:
I got 9% for 364 from FBN
First bank did 364 days?? which state branch is that? surprised, this is d first time I will hear that. they often do period 91 days only
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 10:43am On Mar 18, 2016
nineville:

First bank did 364 days?? which state branch is that?
surprised, this is d first time I will hear that.
they often do period 91 days only
Yes, you're right cuz they even told me they are not doing 365 days for now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 18, 2016
nineville:

First bank did 364 days?? which state branch is that?
surprised, this is d first time I will hear that.
they often do period 91 days only
Hmmm! So in the treasury bills form you filled you didn't see 91days, 186days and 364days?
Well in Onitsha here, i have been investing in t.bill for long now and it's always on 364 days period.
Though they had problem with 364days in the last two auctions, but this last auction pull through.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
Royal155:
Hmmm! So in the treasury bills form you filled you didn't see 91days, 186days and 364days?
Well in Onitsha here, i have been investing in t.bill for long now and it's always on 364 days period.
Though they had problem with 364days in the last two auctions, but this last auction pull through.
did any bid thru gtb am yet to be debited
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
did any body bid thru gtb am yet to be debited..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
Alikote:
did any bid thru gtb am yet to be debited
If you are yet to be debited, that means you bid didn't go through nah. Successful bids has been paid yesterday. So you have to wait till next 2 weeks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
Royal155:
If you are yet to be debited, that means you bid didn't go through nah. Successful bids has been paid yesterday. So you have to wait till next 2 weeks.
I hp u are not talking of first bank cos they sell from their holdings ..was with them before
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
Alikote:
I hp u are not talking of first bank cos they sell from their holdings ..was with them before
Whether they sell from their holdings or not, all I know is that I was given a fair rate(9%). And why would you say they sell from their holdings?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 19, 2016
Royal155:
Whether they sell from their holdings or not, all I know is that I was given a fair rate(9%). And why would you say they sell from their holdings?
that what they do first bank thru their first capital,automatic roll overs at rates lower than stop rates.they credit u account with interest instead of discounted
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jeebz: 1:03am On Mar 19, 2016
Alikote:
that what they do first bank thru their first capital,automatic roll overs at rates lower than stop rates.they credit u account with interest instead of discounted
I disgree with your claim.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poposki33: 1:14am On Mar 19, 2016
Alikote:
did any body bid thru gtb am yet to be debited..
please how did you apply through gtb

i use first bank but they don't allow one to bid for rates they only give you the rate they fill like
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adesiji77: 6:19am On Mar 19, 2016
IHelp:

1) Inflation
2) Market Liquidity
3)
4)
5)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 19, 2016
Alikote:
Nice! I thought as much because they don't allow me to enter my own bid.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 19, 2016
poposki33:
please how did you apply through gtb

i use first bank but they don't allow one to bid for rates they only give you the rate they fill like
enter any gtb branch ask of investment bankingq section.lay ur request nb first bank can never lost any bid but gtb can and their is truely discounted no roll overs automatic but high rate is gotten.but first bank good if u funds is small ,so the difference is small but for big boys 10 million above try biding thrug fidelity or gtb to get discounted rate..am a ten year old veteran of tb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Daddi: 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
Alikote:
enter any gtb branch ask of investment bankingq section.lay ur request nb first bank can never lost any bid but gtb can and their is truely discounted no roll overs automatic but high rate is gotten.but first bank good if u funds is small ,so the difference is small but for big boys 10 million above try biding thrug fidelity or gtb to get discounted rate..am a ten year old veteran of tb
so what you're saying is first bank gives better rates especially from a million naira downwards?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
Daddi:
so what you're saying is first bank gives better rates especially from a million naira downwards?
nope ,they usually give rate less o.5 cos they gather all ur applications and bid thru there firm first capitals and debit the whole sum and next day credit u... tongue but other banks debit the discounted sum e.g 1 m for a year at 10 percent only 900 k plus custody fee of 900 naira will be deducted leaving 100 k but first bank go debit 1 m then credit u 93 k this next day and can do automatic rollovers even without bids from cbn.advance fixed deposite...but if u fund are small dont worry but plenty millons 0.05 percent of 10 m is 500k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 9:44am On Mar 20, 2016
Alikote:

What's the minimum investment tb with gtb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poposki33: 10:38am On Mar 20, 2016
Alikote:
thanks for your reply but what i have to invest is 200k will it be possible with gtb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poposki33: 10:44am On Mar 20, 2016
please house is it possible for me to buy TBills in another auction after i have bought one before from the same bank and the same account
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:50am On Mar 20, 2016
poposki33:
please house is it possible for me to buy TBills in another auction after i have bought one before from the same bank and the same account

Yes, you can.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
poposki33:
thanks for your reply but what i have to invest is 200k will it be possible with gtb
i never invested less than a million,so I cant say never asked ...but 200 k is small it will generate just 19 k per anum that 1500 permonth by not open a barbing salon with 200 k that can fetch you 1500 daily
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poposki33: 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
Alikote:
i never invested less than a million,so I cant say never asked ...but 200 k is small it will generate just 19 k per anum that 1500 permonth by not open a barbing salon with 200 k that can fetch you 1500 daily
i am a student currently so i don't have the chance to go into the real sector so please if you have any better idea that i can go into please advice me in it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TopKol: 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
When is the next auction treasury bill?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poposki33: 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
Agbaletu:

Yes, you can.
thanks very much
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
Alikote:

How many barbing salon do you have?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
IHelp:

How many barbing salon do you have?
lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Daddi: 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
Alikote:
nope ,they usually give rate less o.5 cos they gather all ur applications and bid thru there firm first capitals and debit the whole sum and next day credit u... tongue but other banks debit the discounted sum e.g 1 m for a year at 10 percent only 900 k plus custody fee of 900 naira will be deducted leaving 100 k but first bank go debit 1 m then credit u 93 k this next day and can do automatic rollovers even without bids from cbn.advance fixed deposite...but if u fund are small dont worry but plenty millons 0.05 percent of 10 m is 500k
thanks, now I get it. other banks are better then. 1st bank is doing indirect fixed deposit nah
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TopKol: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
when is the next treasury bill auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 3:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
TopKol:
when is the next treasury bill auction?

Tomorrow is Auction... You should have thrown in ur bid today if you wanted to take part..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Timmi: 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria concluded it’s Monetary Policy meeting today. Outcomes are as follows;

· MPR rate increased by 100bps to 12%

· CRR increased to 22.5% from 20%

· Asymmetric corridor around the MPR now +200bps and -500bps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (2243) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.