Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,128 members, 7,852,840 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4493268 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) (1624) ... (2240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2020
ositadima1:
My own be say we too believe in rumors without doing any due diligence. Lekki killings this Lekki massacre that and yet till date there is no concrete evidence. No family members has come up to coraborate the alleged killings. As far as I know only one soul was lost in d hospital several hours later. We are not even sure if he sustained gun wounds or die from some other causes.

This has been a eye opener to me o, CNN and co sometimes carry unverified news.

The Government is usually much more powerful than you think.. So also in many countries..They have all the resources to clear up their mess...Although your points may be valid
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2020
Honestly speaking
What did we expect ?

That we continue to make money and live in our bubble of relative comfort while the vast majority of the country watch us drive pass, and they are on empty stomach on the verge of being homeless

The middle class had the aura of "bad government is not my business, I have mine, go get yours "

This is the result
Too many middle class fellows are aloof and non challant to the sufferings of the majority
This is the results

Going forward, empathy and solidarity is what we need

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 22, 2020
ositadima1:
My own be say we too believe in rumors without doing any due diligence. Lekki killings this Lekki massacre that and yet till date there is no concrete evidence. No family members has come up to coraborate the alleged killings. As far as I know only one soul was lost in d hospital several hours later. We are not even sure if he sustained gun wounds or die from some other causes.

This has been a eye opener to me o, CNN and co sometimes carry unverified news.

You have a point, but please don't in the name of rationality loose some empathy.

I agree massacre may be an exaggeration, however a few people did die. The major grievance is using live ammunition on protesters armed with mobile phones, music equipment and speakers. The sinister move of removing cameras and switching off the lights further complicated the matter. Who ever planned that did not take time to consider the consequences. What of those who have been killed at other protest venues? Is that also false?

I have been fortunate never to have experienced SARS, but have been shocked by the magnitude of atrocities that these folks have done since this whole thing started.

In light of your argument, I can also say that before all these revelations, because I had not seen anybody come out or experienced it or heard of any family looking for their people, then the accusations are false.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2020
handsomebolanle:

The Government is usually much more powerful than you think.. So also in many countries..They have all the resources to clear up their mess...Although your points may be valid

His point is not valid in this case
At all....

Why take off the cctv and the lights if you did not have ulterior motive?

Why shoot bullets at all?
Live bullets?

The protesters have the bullets with them and will tender it as evidence against the Nigerian government
Social media has been the liberator of the Nigerian people

If not for social media
The government would have denied

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 22, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
not yet ......the insurrection in the North will be worst......10m out of school kids roaming freely....

Ahib, that is my greatest fear. Because the North own go hard well well.

We pray it never happens.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2020
DexterousOne:

What are you talking about?

I'm very disappointed in you

Didn't you watch the DJ switch live stream ?

Didn't you watch the evidences as littered everywhere?

I'm surprised you of all people are saying this

Do u mean d one with soldiers shooting in d air to disperse d crowd. The other one showed a couple of injured people, which could have been a result of stampede. As far as I know I didn't see any gun wounds or bleeding. Please watch d footage again.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2020
Tabuse2024:

You have a point, but please don't in the name of rationality loose some empathy.

I agree massacre may be an exaggeration, however a few people did die. The major grievance is using live ammunition on protesters armed with mobile phones, music equipment and speakers. The sinister move of removing cameras and switching off the lights further complicated the matter. Who ever planned that did not take time to consider the consequences. What of those who have been killed at other protest venues? Is that also false?

I have been fortunate never to have experienced SARS, but have been shocked by the magnitude of atrocities that these folks have done since this whole thing started.

In light of your argument, I can also say that before all these revelations, because I had not seen anybody come out or experienced it or heard of any family looking for their people, then the accusations are false.

You guys should go to Twitter and see for yourselves
Open a Twitter account and see for yourself
It was happening in real time

We saw EVERYTHING
THE WORLD SAW IT TOO

Apparently Osita is not that tech crazed
So he is probably not on twitter

Also published on the internet was the NBC letter subtly threatening the media houses not to report it, or embarrass the government

It was dated on the 20th October 2020
Date of the massacre

What do you guys have to say about that?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2020
ositadima1:

Do u mean d one with soldiers shooting in d air to disperse d crowd. The other one showed a couple of injured people, from d footage which could have been a result of stampede. As far as I know I didn't see any gun wounds or bleeding. Please watch d footage again.

None of that
Just go to Twitter and see for yourself

The world saw it
Dont let the lies sanwo Olu is telling deceive you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2020
Tabuse2024:

Sadly, to them, you are rich, even if you're also an upcoming person/business.

When chaos hits, it is the rich vs the poor. [b][b]To them, all rich people are the reason for their situatio[/b]n. [/b]They don't care that you're not the politician or the armed forces that abuses power. They don't care.

My hope is that deep down, we can be reasonable. The poor can be reasonable. This will stop soon.

Exactly.....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2020
ositadima1:

Do u mean d one with soldiers shooting in d air to disperse d crowd. The other one showed a couple of injured people, which could have been a result of stampede. As far as I know I didn't see any gun wounds or bleeding. Please watch d footage again.

You're wrong here. Many were shot. I have seen a video where something like a pliers or hairpin was being used to try and remove a bullet from someone's leg that night.

Sahara reporters claim that the army took away some bodies too. This is not unusual for our armed forces to do.

As I told you, sometimes rationality should be put aside and keep your empathy alive a bit.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Tabuse2024:

People were killed but not by d Nigerian Army. Most of d recent killings were perpetrated by hoodlums and thugs. It is unfortunate dat some people seized d opportunity to kill one another.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2020
ositadima1:

People were killed but not by d Nigerian Army. Most of d recent killings were perpetrated by hoodlums and thugs. It is unfortunate dat some people seized d opportunity to kill one another.

Okay.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2020
This may further explain your point if it turns out that it was actually the barcode scanners that were removed and not CCTV cameras.

Governor Sanwo-olu this morning on Arise News promised to release CCTV footage of events of the Lekki massacre to the public. in an interview with the TV station he debunked claims that the cameras removed were security cameras. He stated that they were cameras for scanning e-tag barcodes.

He also stated that the decision to turn of the light at the toll gate was that of the private firm who owns the LED billboard.

We are waiting for him to fulfil this promise.
ositadima1:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:33am On Oct 22, 2020
ositadima1:

Police were captured on tape killing people across the country just yesterday

What do you have to say about that ?

It was also captured on tape agents in abuja giving cover to the hoodlums causing mayhem in Abuja

The incident in Kano was also recorded as well...
Hoodlums being conveyed in police vehicle

Is it not clear?
The government is complicit

And the people are angry

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:45am On Oct 22, 2020
DexterousOne:

Police were captured on tape killing people across the country just yesterday

What do you have to say about that ?

It was also captured on tape agents in abuja giving cover to the hoodlums causing mayhem in Abuja

The incident in Kano was also recorded as well...
Hoodlums being conveyed in police vehicle

Is it not clear?
The government is complicit

And the people are angry

I saw those videos too. I can't ascertain when or where d police shooting happened. In d other video, all I saw was 2 black SUVs, Are black SUV solenly used b d government?

Mind u I am not defending d government, if u noticed my focus was on d Lekki incident and how fake news was spread allover d world.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:02am On Oct 22, 2020
ositadima1:

I saw those videos too. I can't ascertain when or where d police shooting happened. In d other video, all I saw was 2 black SUVs, Are black SUV solenly used b d government?

Mind u I am not defending d government, if u noticed my focus was on d Lekki incident and how fake news was spread allover d world.

I saw a video of a police man shooting into the protesters

Yesterday

As at today
I was told by someone who live in bariga axis that the police were shooting

This is Nigeria
We know how the government and the security agencies operate
Instead of them to just surprise us for once and behave
And speedily implement reforms
Their naughtiness wont allow them

Now the leadership crisis have caused a full scale class war on the streets across the country

They will get their reward in full
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 11:07am On Oct 22, 2020
The amount of fake videos and rumours being circulated on social media scares me. The way fake news have been circulating on social media, it is like some people want this country to turn to Libya. A boy that people were saying police bullet killed, his brother just came out to say thugs stabbed him in the neck.

Now, Adamu Garba and others are whipping up tribal sentiments. Trying to get the north to rise up. Please God o!

Which kind of life is this. I'm envying Nigerians in Canada right now. When you begin to have small hope in Nigeria, Nigeria will kill it.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 22, 2020
Anyone who watches this video will know the problem in Nigeria pass endsars.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGpCRG6DjYk/?igshid=1qszp18notpia
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:10am On Oct 22, 2020
DexterousOne:

I saw a video of a police man shooting into the protesters

Yesterday

As at today
I was told by someone who live in bariga axis that the police were shooting

This is Nigeria
We know how the government and the security agencies operate
Instead of them to just surprise us for once and behave
And speedily implement reforms
Their naughtiness wont allow them

Now the leadership crisis have caused a full scale class war on the streets across the country

They will get their reward in full

In d light of all that has happened, anyone out there protesting today is either a hoodlum or a thug and deserves to be arrested.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 22, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Scary videos.

Modified: if this is truly COVID 19 pallatives, why are our leaders too greedy?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2020
ositadima1:

I d light of all that has happened, anyone out there protesting today is either a hoodlum or a thug and deserves to be arrested.

Progress please.

We don't need to overflog this issue.

About 5 people whose pictures were shared and reported to have been killed at Lekki have disowned the news that they are alive.

We shall get to the bottom of everything that happened on the 20th of October 2020 in a matter of days

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 22, 2020
Tabuse2024:

Scary videos.

Modified: if this is truly COVID 19 pallatives, why are our leaders too greedy?

There's extreme inequality in the land, over 35 percent unemployed youths.

Something has to be done about employment and living wages, this issue is way bigger than endsars.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:21am On Oct 22, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Politicians, people with ethnic agenda, the jobless, criminals, youths used it as a rallying point

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Progress please.

About 5 people whose pictures were shared and reported to have been killed at Lekki have disowned the news that they are alive.

We shall get to the bottom of everything that happened on the 20th of October 2020 in a matter of days

Ok Sir, me don leave d matter.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Progress please.

Great that this has been debunked. I read that Eniola Badmus was a casualty too, but was glad when she did a video to show that she was not dead.

Fake news is huge issue. Look at what we went through during Covid lockdown and even Ebola. The worst is whatsapp which I feel has more reach than facebook, twitter, instagram and the rest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 11:40am On Oct 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Progress please.

Imagine....

I dont know why a sane somebody will believe everything they see online.

What happened years back are all online claiming they are #Endsars protesters
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 22, 2020
ositadima1:

In d light of all that has happened, anyone out there protesting today is either a hoodlum or a thug and deserves to be arrested.

Did you watch the instagram video just shared? Those are hoodlums, thugs, right? Did you see the children among them? They should also all be arrested going by this logic.

See, this issue is not in black or white. There are many many grey areas. Some folks are already playing ethnic card regarding the looting of the Oba's palace when a large percent of residents in Isale Eko are Yorubas. Why was Oba Elegushi not looted too? - this is my only question about that. Another set are stoking ethnic flames at the North too right now...

See, hoodlums, thugs are Nigerians too. They are not aliens. When a mob of people gather and have besieged a place are they hoodlums? It is a game of numbers - the larger the number of people, the easier it is to loot and damage property.

To be fair, when the protests started, they were organised, whoever is funding them is another story.

Btw, LCC said those things removed were digital cameras. If they can provide us footage of the main cameras, that would be nice...

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2020
Tabuse2024:

Did you watch the instagram video just shared? Those are hoodlums, thugs, right? Did you see the children among them? They should also all be arrested going by this logic.

See, this issue is not in black or white. There are many many grey areas. Some folks are already playing ethnic card regarding the looting of the Oba's palace when a large percent of residents in Isale Eko are Yorubas. Why was Oba Elegushi not looted too? - this is my only question about that. Another set are stoking ethnic flames at the North too right now...

See, hoodlums, thugs are Nigerians too. They are not aliens. When a mob of people gather and have besieged a place are they hoodlums? It is a game of numbers - the larger the number of people, the easier it is to loot and damage property.

To be fair, when the protests started, they were organised, whoever is funding them is another story.

Btw, LCC said those things removed were digital cameras. If they can provide us footage of the main cameras, that would be nice...

Exactly, i saw very impoverished hungry looking people, they saw thugs.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
It is now i believe the feminist_co and others missed the chance for dialogue. They could have drafted a holistic document on police and economic reform and discussed it with the Govt live on TV. But the protesters kept saying no dialogue, no leadership. Now see what has happened. People like Aisha Yesufu will never sit down with the Govt. They are street activist. What was needed after the disbanding of SARS was an advocate like Segalink and others. This country is bad but it should not be made into Libya or Congo.
Something the Govt could have done is instant dismissal of the IGP, police commissioners and DPOs of police stations with notorious reputation like Akwuzu. If the Govt did that, that would be a clear indication that they are serious.

Tabuse2024:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
Phraences:

It is now i believe the feminist_co and others missed the chance for dialogue. They could have drafted a holistic document on police and economic reform and discussed it with the Govt live on TV. But the protesters kept saying no dialogue, no leadership. Now see what has happened. People like Aisha Yesufu will never sit down with the Govt. They are street activist. What was needed after the disbanding of SARS was an advocate like Segalink and others. This country is bad but it should not be made into Libya or Congo.
Something the Govt could have done is instant dismissal of the IGP, police commissioners and DPOs of police stations with notorious reputation like Akwuzu. If the Govt did that, that would be a clear indication that they are serious.

I agree. The government did say something about renaming the unit and ordering an enquiry. Many state governors also did the same...I would think that (but i am not sure) the endSARS protestor felt that these were not good enough...more like playing to the gallery. Which, if am being honest, based on how we do things here and history of previous attempts in years past, this is true.

Democracy requires that during protests, dialogue comes to play. A few countries are also protesting this period too, so it is not peculiar to just Nigeria.

Government should have continued dialogue. This is also tricky because that would mean continuous disruption of the economy which was already battered by Covid 19.

There is a reason why every government has advisors, they should have planned their reactions better, they should have taken the protests seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
All those social media influencers are either abroad or have the means of jetting abroad. Instead of them to call for dialogue, they where busy sponsoring protests all throughout Nigeria. The stories about SARS are horrible but you cannot wave a magic wand and solve the problem. I am starting to see what Segalink saw that made him pull out and call for dialogue The protest was bound to degenerate.

We not only have bad police officers, we also have bad violent people living among us. Agberos, Thugs who smoke hemp everyday. Add them to poor hungry people, then you are calling for an explosion.

The protest organizers were deceived by the people they saw in Lekki. They think everybody is ajebutter.

One Dr. Olufunmi was even saying that if people protest for 30days, UN will step in. Which means, dialogue is not your goal. No matter what the Govt does, you will never believe. Is that not foolishness?

Pardon the lengthy post, i am trying to relieve my tension.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2020
Many of those people you guys call agberos in a condescending manner are actually rich. That is why they kill to head NURTW.

Phraences:
All those social media influencers are either abroad or have the means of jetting abroad. Instead of them to call for dialogue, they where busy sponsoring protests all throughout Nigeria. The stories about SARS are horrible but you cannot wave a magic wand and solve the problem. I am starting to see what Segalink saw that made him pull out and call for dialogue The protest was bound to degenerate.

We not only have bad police officers, we also have bad violent people living among us. Agberos, Thugs who smoke hemp everyday. Add them to poor hungry people, then you are calling for an explosion.

The protest organizers were deceived by the people they saw in Lekki. They think everybody is ajebutter.

One Dr. Olufunmi was even saying that if people protest for 30days, UN will step in. Which means, dialogue is not your goal. No matter what the Govt does, you will never believe. Is that not foolishness?

Pardon the lengthy post, i am trying to relieve my tension.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) (1624) ... (2240) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Damian077 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.