Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447276 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2020
MssRose:

Sir, does being in a recession affects dividend payouts of banks especially FUGAS. I want to know so as to plan my investment strategies properly. Thanks

Those guys have mastered the art and science of making money in Nigeria, in both good times and bad times

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Apart from the obvious finance and telecom related, pharmaceuticals (people are buying drugs now o), supermarkets (people are stocking up), makers of PPE and face masks (obviously) and online/tv entertainment (ask Big Brother Naija organizers and housemates grin). Sellers of real estate are also making money. People want to buy assets with their Tbill money.

Making money now or will continue to make money for the next 4 quarters
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MssRose(f): 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Those guys have mastered the art and science of making money in Nigeria, in both good times and bad times
O.k. No course for alarm 4 me then. I'll just stick to my dividends. Thanks alot
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Making money now or will continue to make money for the next 4 quarters
This COVID wahala ain’t going anytime soon. Not until the end of next year at the earliest.

I could be wrong sha and I really hope I am.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2020
pocohantas:

Laugh wan kill me. I knew someone was giving him hot the minute he came for me.

grin grin grin

He that has ears...
mtcheew...keep fooling yourself.
I no mention you,yet you know I came for you haha.
Behind the scenes you keep logging in and out.
Get a good job to keep you really occupied,get a life.you've got so much time in your hands hence the tomfoolery.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

This COVID wahala ain’t going anytime soon. Not until the end of next year at the earliest.

I could be wrong sha and I really hope I am.

It is a fact.

Those doing business will tell you that things are not easy and there are no signs of improvement anytime soon
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2020
awesomeJ:

There's the greed aspect too.

How do we explain Dangote Cement produced here from almost free stones selling for 2800 per bag. They produce it here, transport it further to other west African countries and sell it there for about half the price? how does that make sense?

Check Dangote Cement results. They have close to 50 gross margins from their Nigerian operations, but less than 30% pan African. Why the disparity?

We used to produce about 6m tonnes of rice, and they managed to sell at 13000 per bag before border closure, now we're hearing that with all the intervention, the production is now over 8m tonnes, but price is over 25k, simply because borders are closed, so they see opportunity to exploit, because to them, this is the opportunity to make a killing let them make the most before government changes policy, that's their thinking when it should have been how to improve quality.
Thesame mentality that will make an elected official think about how to amass the most, cos na opportunity. let him amass before time runs out. when he should be thinking on how to best represent those that elected him.

The points you've raised about cost of production, economies of scale and all are very very true. But there's also a funny greedy/exploitative nature some Nigerians exhibit.

Apart from cost of fuel, and transportation, most other input for cement cost little or nothing. it shouldn't cost more than 1500 per bag.

There was a time during GEJ when. the government met with Dangote or maybe all cement manufacturers now, and they crashed the price from around 1800 to 1400.

Dangote is as good as a monopoly in Nigeria as it gets a lot of help from the Nigerian government . A lot (mining concessions, cheap fx, very low borrowing costs, low minimum wage, cheaper power, breaks on duties and taxes, etc). He can afford to set the prices here. That’s why his EBITDA margins are so high in Nigeria. Maybe Alhaji is greedy. Not for me to say o smiley.

But even with all the help, he still couldn’t compete with the cheap products coming from Asia. He can lower his prices to compete but it won’t be sustainable as he will make back to back to back losses until he goes out of business. That’s why government has to help him to keep those guys away.

In the countries where he cannot get all that help, he has to deal with market forces and that’s why you see lower EBITDA Margins in those countries. Mind you there is excess supply of clinker and cement in some of those African countries. Not to talk of cheap imports that the governments allow.

You may call Dangote (and other businesses that get help from the government) greedy but we can’t call the average Nigerian business man greedy because he’s increasing his prices to take into account high costs of doing business and a decent rate of return for himself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Dangote is as good as a monopoly in Nigeria as it gets a lot of help from Nigeria. A lot (mining concessions, cheap fx, very low borrowing costs, low minimum wage, cheaper power, breaks on duties and taxes, etc). He can afford to set the prices here. That’s why his EBITDA margins are so high in Nigeria. Maybe Alhaji is greedy. Not for me to say o smiley.

But even with all the help, he still couldn’t compete with the cheap products coming from Asia. He can lower his prices to compete but it won’t be sustainable as he will make back to back to back losses until he goes out of business. That’s why government has to help him to keep those guys away.

In the countries where he cannot get all that help, he has to deal with market forces and that’s why you see lower EBITDA Margins in those countries. Mind you there is excess supply of clinker and cement in some of those African countries. Not to talk of cheap imports that the governments allow.

You may call Dangote (and other businesses that get help from the government) greedy but you can’t call the average Nigerian business man greedy because he’s increasing his prices to take into account high costs of doing business and a decent rate of return for himself.
The reason dangote makes less margins in other african countries is due to lower purchasing power of their people because they have higher taxes over there and all sorts of levies that make basic commodity expensive and mostly out of the reach of their impoverished masses.
You people will be here spreading false conspiracy theories and utter stupidity.
Don't even dare quote me if you've never been to those countries personally.
And dangote is leading is central Africa already,stop talking trash.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2020
After reading a few comments, I was just laughing out loud.

I have noticed 2 key patterns of behaviour on this thread:

Those that have no substance so they disagree because they either don't have the mental capacity to conceive a new concept or they are just born-trolls that derive joy in endless unfounded arguments.

Those that actually have substance (they have some knowledge in what they preach) but may be timid or feel threatened by the idea of accepting alternate truths.

If you've been here for just few months, you can comfortably place people in either buckets.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2020
awesomeJ:

There's the greed aspect too.

How do we explain Dangote Cement produced here from almost free stones selling for 2800 per bag. They produce it here, transport it further to other west African countries and sell it there for about half the price? how does that make sense?

Check Dangote Cement results. They have close to 50 gross margins from their Nigerian operations, but less than 30% pan African. Why the disparity?

We used to produce about 6m tonnes of rice, and they managed to sell at 13000 per bag before border closure, now we're hearing that with all the intervention, the production is now over 8m tonnes, but price is over 25k, simply because borders are closed, so they see opportunity to exploit, because to them, this is the opportunity to make a killing let them make the most before government changes policy, that's their thinking when it should have been how to improve quality.
Thesame mentality that will make an elected official think about how to amass the most, cos na opportunity. let him amass before time runs out. when he should be thinking on how to best represent those that elected him.

The points you've raised about cost of production, economies of scale and all are very very true. But there's also a funny greedy/exploitative nature some Nigerians exhibit.

Apart from cost of fuel, and transportation, most other input for cement cost little or nothing. it shouldn't cost more than 1500 per bag.

There was a time during GEJ when. the government met with Dangote or maybe all cement manufacturers now, and they crashed the price from around 1800 to 1400.

The beauty of free-market capitalism is that it is self-correcting.
I believe if the local producers of rice are really making abnormal profits. They will put more efforts into increasing supply. Other people will see the huge profits and enter into the same business.
This boosts local production and jobs. More importantly, when supply increases, prices will naturally fall.
Closing markets to drive down prices is not good. Seems to me like a temporary solution to a long-term problem. Long term solution is to increase local supply.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Whiteshield: 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
The reason dangote makes less margins in other african countries is due to lower purchasing power of their people because they have higher taxes over there and all sorts of levies that make basic commodity expensive and mostly out of the reach of their impoverished masses.
You people will be here spreading false conspiracy theories and utter stupidity.

A reply of 4 paragraphs to someone who was not talking to you, 3 out of the 4 paragraphs are insults.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
A daily pay of a site labourer in central Africa is 2,500xaf.
A bag of Cement there cost 5,800xaf due to high 40% tax and 19,25% TVA.
Daily pay of a Nigerian labourer in Nigeria Is N2,500
A bag of cement in Nigeria costs N2,700 due to lower taxes and almost nonexistent VAT.
So Who has higher chances of buying cement easily or would be able to afford a bag of cement first? undecided
Also Nigeria has a larger number of people(population) with better purchasing power,so tell me why dangote won't sell more in Nigeria and make the bulk of his money from Nigeria?
Also naira lost value ,hence foreign profits will definitely be smaller.
Many other reasons too numerous to mention..
Besides dangote currently is leading lafarge,Mediterranean cement(medcem) and even made the incoming G power to run away and stop their proposed factory they wanted to build after buying huge land(50 hectares) for $3m in the Central African market yet a clown on NL is saying what he don't know.
Dangote is an astute businessman,I hate it when people try to undermine his efforts in the name of monopoly,lobbying and all that their nonsense talk.
You be want open cement factory for Nigeria person deny you? undecided
If it is so easy,you too go and lobby the government to favour you na.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PETERiCHY(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2020
I URGENTLY need a 40ft container body truck like the one in the pics that will converge load to Onitsha from Agbara.

Loading point is Opic RC company Agbara lagos and despatch point is building material market Onitsha Anambra state .

Contact me ASAP @
0814 492 8504
cc.Ahib

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Hmm, could it be a combination of all the factors?
1. Cheaper imports are allowed in those countries
2. Significantly less population in those countries compared to Nigeria
3. Lower purchasing power

The price of cement in Ghana is around $6.2 (2900 Naira at open market rates). People keep saying cement is cheaper in other countries but the difference is not so significant.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2020
Olaide1295:

The price of cement in Ghana is around $6.2 (2900 Naira at open market rates). People keep saying cement is cheaper in other countries but the difference is not so significant.
Mostly less population, lower purchasing power because imports will be worse because you've gotta pay duty,logistics and so on...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2020
Olaide1295:

Key question to ask. Who is mainly consuming/buying cement? What drives demand for cement? Construction activities. Who is building? Real estate investors/developers, the wealthy and most importantly the government.

If wealthy people, developers and governments decide to build houses, hotels, roads, airports, railways, etc., can they or can they not afford to buy large quantities of cement? Anyone that says demand for cement is driven by the purchasing power of poor labourers is an idiot.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Key question to ask. Who is mainly consuming/buying cement? What drives demand for cement? Construction activities. Who is building? Real estate investors/developers, the wealthy and the government.

If wealthy people, developers and governments decide to build houses, hotels, roads, airports, railways, etc., can they or can they not afford to buy large quantities of cement? Anyone that says demand for cement is driven by the purchasing power of poor labourers is an idiot.

Since you're dropping gems lately, i'd like to know your take on free markets.

Is closing the border good or bad.

My simplified example of how free markets work is like putting Mike Tyson in a ring to fight let's say buhari for example grin.

What is your take?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Key question to ask. Who is mainly consuming/buying cement? What drives demand for cement? Construction activities. Who is building? Real estate investors/developers, the wealthy and the government.

You are the bigger idiot to think there are actually "developers" in these poor countries.
Places where people can't afford basic things of life and all buy 20yr+ vehicles is where you want developers to go and develop houses to sell?
See how stupid you actually are?
The usual parol in these places na to struggle buy land and then use 20 years to build the house bit by bit na grin
Weyrey say developers.
A simple example is;How many people patronise developers in coconut,mile12,oshodi,atan,bariga,etc?Have you ever seen developers go to these places to build and sell? undecided
Why are all of them building on the island?doesn't common sense tell you that the people that can patronise them are in these places?
Now imagine these poor countries that almost 95% of their landscape is like bariga and co.
Why would developers go to such places?to build what?who want buy?
Omo try commot from your that your enclave for lagos travel and see things before you start to open your dumb mouth,you hear?
Besides if dangote was producing cement only for developers to buy,e for don close shop since because that is a very limited market.Real business exist in the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
You are the bigger idiot to think there are actually "developers" in these poor countries.
Places where people can't afford basic things of life and all buy 20yr+ vehicles is where you want developers to go and develop houses to sell?
See how stupid you actually are?
The usual parol in these places na to struggle buy land and then use 20 years to build the house bit by bit na grin
Weyrey say developers.
A simple example is;How many people patronise developers in coconut,mile12,oshodi,atan,bariga,etc?Have you ever seen developers go to these places to build and sell? undecided
Why are all of them building on the island?doesn't common sense tell you that the people that can patronise them are in these places?
Now imagine these poor countries that almost 95% of their landscape is like bariga and co.
Why would developers go to such places?to build what?who want buy?
Omo try commot from your that your enclave for lagos travel and see things before you start to open your dumb mouth,you hear?
Besides if dangote was producing cement only for developers to buy,e for don close shop since because that is a very limited market.Real business exist in the masses.
You know when I knew you were a small timer that just makes noise? When you claimed to be an oil and gas expert but didn’t know what crude lifting was. I promised never to waste my time responding to you and never bothered until now. Which will be my last time ever responding to you. You are an empty barrel that just makes unnecessary noise with no substance. I have no problems with making noise but not when your noise is nonesense.

You have made a lot of noise about Abidjan. How dare you call Ivory Coast a poor country? Clearly you have only been to the not so affluent areas like Youpougun, Adjame, Abobo and Treicheville. That’s why you think Ivory Coast is a poor country. For your information, Ivory Coast has been growing faster than Nigeria with a fast growing middle class. Go to Cocody/Riviera 2,3,4 and you will see homes that you have never seen in your entire life and dreams. Ivory Coast may not have our oil but it is not a poor country! Go to Dakar, Accra, Lome and you will find real estate projects, hotels and infrastructure projects being carried out. Is it the poor labourers that are buying the cement to build these projects? If governments borrow from China to build roads and affordable housing, won’t they buy cement? The way you call other African countries poor because you probably visited one and stayed in a slum is like a bush man that enters Naija through Lagos and stays in Ajegunle but tells his friends Naija is a poor country. Laughable.

Your mates are bragging about Paris and London and you are here making noise about West Africa that you clearly haven’t been to. Try to work more on smuggling or whatever it is that you call your hustle. You may make it if you are not shot or arrested soon. And maybe have the opportunity to explore other African countries to see real growth happening. In the mean time, find your kind to engage with. Me and you no dey the same category and this will be my last time responding to you.

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

You know when I knew you were a small timer that just makes noise? When you claimed to be an oil and gas expert but didn’t know what lifting was. I promised never to waste my time responding to you and never bothered until now. Which will be my last time ever responding to you. You are an empty barrel that just makes unnecessary noise with no substance. I have no problems with making noise but not when your noise is nonesense.

You have made a lot of noise about Abidjan. How dare you call Ivory Coast a poor country? Clearly you have only been to the not so affluent areas like Youpougun, Adjame, Abobo and Treicheville. That’s why you think Ivory Coast is a poor country. For your information, Ivory Coast has been growing faster than Nigeria with a fast growing middle class. Go to Riviera 2,3,4 and you will see homes that you have never seen in your entire life and dreams. 20 year old cars you say? I You are a clown. Go to Dakar, Accra, Lome and you will find real estate projects, hotels and infrastructure projects being carried out.

Your mates are bragging about Paris and London and you are here making noise about West Africa that you clearly haven’t been to. Try to work more on smuggling or whatever it is that you call your hustle. You may make it if you are not shot or arrested soon. In the mean time, find your kind to engage with. Me and you no dey the same category and this will be my last time responding to you.
This guy is really a fool.
In the poorest countries in the world,there are always "affluent" places scattered in different few spots around those countries,does it make the country "rich"?
Ivory coast rich?you must be mad.
Is there mass development in real estate in these countries like it is in lagos islands?hell no!
Can ivorian middle class buy homes in Riviera like Nigeria middle class are actually buying semi detached duplexes in ajah,lekki and co?
Who born them?who them?It actually calls for celebration if you spot a 2010 C300 in Cote d'ivoire cheesy
Something that litters lagos,this should tell your daft brain the purchasing power of its middle class.
So is this where you want to go and "develop" houses for sale?
What you have there are professional builders that wait for your order to build what you want to your taste after you pay them.
If you dare build house there hoping to resell,sorry na your name. cheesy
There are always rich people even in shitholes,what we look at is the masses.
And anytime all of you will be shouting we ain't mates up and down,if I tell you to show me that thing weh make us no be mate now we go hear another story.
I'm very curious to see.
No dey answer me oo,I only school most of you and is hardly interested in some of your naive and retarded responses. grin grin
Dakar is that developed because of tourism,are Senegalese the reason why Dakar is that developed?see this weyrey ooo.Where aboki want see money to rent those places?
Clown.
Later mention praia too ,odenni.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lazyyouth Vs Ahib
Outcome: Lazyyouth = Won
Ahib = Disappearance

Lazyyouth Vs TransAthlantic

Outcome = Mutual Destruction = Disappearance for both = Prayers Answered!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donguutti: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
A bag of cement in Nigeria costs N2,700 due to lower taxes and almost nonexistent VAT.
So Who has higher chances of buying cement easily or would be able to afford a bag of cement first? undecided
Also Nigeria has a larger number of people(population) with better purchasing power,so tell me why dangote won't sell more in Nigeria and make the bulk of his money from Nigeria?.

This is not accurate, dangcem operates in South Africa and Tanzania and the profit margins are lower,so the VAT and 40% tax issue cannot be said to be the focal point and central African Republic has 0% vat on cement.

The Nigerian cement market is an oligopoly with huge profits margins(their luck) and the only country in the world that has interests of 3 cement billionaires (2 alhajis and Thomas Schmidheiny-lafargeholcim).China with 2 billion tons per annum has no cement billionaire.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 6:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
Cotonou is a hub for cars in west Africa abi?
But when you enter cotonou the level of bikes you see on their major roads make you wonder if you are in medieval china,upon say cars cheap there.
What does that tell you about its middle class and its purchasing power?
Their middle class all fly bike to work every morning unlike lagos.
Smuggle petrol from Nigeria have overtaken their petrol stations over there where cars ditch going to filling station and patronise roadside fuel sellers.
Na for this country weh this weyrey say developers dey develop real estate and sell?to who?to people weh dey use okada go work abi?
Yet some places in cotonou is very beautiful.This fool still thinks the beauty of a place is a measure of its purchasing power ba?lol grin
Continue to dey show your naivety for here,pig.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 6:52pm On Nov 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

There turnover and profits increased.

Dangote sugar, Floor Mills and BUA sugar are the 3 sugar manufacturers I know of in Nigeria.

Presco and Okomu have Palm Oil plantation in Edo state and some states in the South South region, the border closure also favoured them. Importers could not important Palm Oil from Malaysia and other Asian countries

When do you think FG might likely open borders?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2020
donguutti:

This is not accurate, dangcem operates in South Africa and Tanzania and the profit margins are lower,so the VAT and 40% tax issue cannot be said to be the focal point and central African Republic has 0% vat on cement.
The Nigerian cement market is an oligopoly with huge profits margins(their luck) and the only country in the world that has interests of 3 cement billionaires (2 alhajis and Thomas Schmidheiny-lafargeholcim).China with 2 billion tons per annum has no cement billionaire.
I never mentioned southern Africa because I don't have much knowledge there.
Have you bothered to check who Dangote's competition is in those countries?You cant expect dangote to go and challenge and win heavy diverse economies like that of South Africa so definitely he will struggle for market share because those people too have very good challengers that might have great capacity to fight him off in the markets.
When you say Tax cannot be considered as a factor I wonder what you mean.
So you mean if cement was cheaper in central Africa,people won't have bought more?
Oligopoly how?you want open cement factory in Nigeria to crash prices of cement and person deny you?
All these are baseless conspiracy theories that I don't pay attention to.
Can you prove this?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2020
Olaide1295:

The beauty of free-market capitalism is that it is self-correcting.
I believe if the local producers of rice are really making abnormal profits. They will put more efforts into increasing supply. Other people will see the huge profits and enter into the same business.
This boosts local production and jobs. More importantly, when supply increases, prices will naturally fall.
Closing markets to drive down prices is not good. Seems to me like a temporary solution to a long-term problem. Long term solution is to increase local supply.

True. Very true.

Happened with garri in 2017.

When garri hit like 1000 then, more folks went into cassava farming. two years later in 2019, it sold for 400.

Hopefully, same thing happens with rice.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
Lazyyouth Vs Ahib
Ahib = Disappearance

Outcome = Mutual Destruction = Disappearance for both = Prayers Answered!
of what benefit? It doest add a cent to my accounts.....u really think I will waste my data ....on baseless and wortless things ...am benefiting more from stock exchange forum...

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 21, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
[s]Lazyyouth Vs Ahib
Ahib = Disappearance

Outcome = Mutual Destruction = Disappearance for both = Prayers Answered! [/s]
Grow up please.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2020
Free markets are a myth with pros and cons.

Understand this!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Also Nigeria has a larger number of people(population) with better purchasing power,so tell me why dangote won't sell more in Nigeria and make the bulk of his money from Nigeria?
Also naira lost value ,hence foreign profits will definitely be smaller.
Many other reasons too numerous to mention..
Besides dangote currently is leading lafarge,Mediterranean cement(medcem) and even made the incoming G power to run away and stop their proposed factory they wanted to build after buying huge land(50 hectares) for $3m in the Central African market yet a clown on NL is saying what he don't know.
Dangote is an astute businessman,I hate it when people try to undermine his efforts in the name of monopoly,lobbying and all that their nonsense talk.
You be want open cement factory for Nigeria person deny you? undecided
If it is so easy,you too go and lobby the government to favour you na.

God bless you
I've noticed that even though your responses are always uncouth and blunt, there's always a huge amount of sense and wisdom in them.
I was about to reply to that silly comment about Dangote until I saw you are already doing justice to it.

For decades, the Nigerian government has been begging people to build refineries. Nobody gree build. They're all giving silly excuses like poor roads, lack of power etc. Only Dangote has taken the risk to build one. Others are watching. When he's done and the project is successful, some fools will come out of their dirty shells and be shouting monopoly, government support, fulanization. As if Alhaji ever stopped them or their useless parents from building cement factories or oil refineries.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Cotonou is a hub for cars in west Africa abi?
But when you enter cotonou the level of bikes you see on their major roads make you wonder if you are in medieval china,upon say cars cheap there.
What does that tell you about its middle class and its purchasing power?
Their middle class all fly bike to work every morning unlike lagos.
Smuggle petrol from Nigeria have overtaken their petrol stations over there where cars ditch going to filling station and patronise roadside fuel sellers.
Na for this country weh this weyrey say developers dey develop real estate and sell?to who?to people weh dey use okada go work abi?
Yet some places in cotonou is very beautiful.This fool still thinks the beauty of a place is a measure of its purchasing power ba?lol grin
Continue to dey show your naivety for here,pig.

Lol
His Ivory Coast hype is even manageable sef.
Is it not on this same forum sometime back that someone mentioned to me that Rwandans are richer and have far better purchasing power than Nigerians. grin Go to travel section and see wonders. Rwanda that is poorer than Haiti.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2020
ultron12345:

God bless you
I've noticed that even though your responses are always uncouth and blunt, there's always a huge amount of sense and wisdom in them.
I was about to reply to that silly comment about Dangote until I saw you are already doing justice to it.

For decades, the Nigerian government has been begging people to build refineries. Nobody gree build. They're all giving silly excuses like poor roads, lack of power etc. Only Dangote has taken the risk to build one. Others are watching. When he's done and the project is successful, some fools will come out of their dirty shells and be shouting monopoly, government support, fulanization. As if Alhaji ever stopped them or their useless parents from building cement factories or oil refineries.

My brother I just tire.
Build factory they say no,we want import.
Yet dangote took the risk and even borrowed money to do it,it became succesful,them ban import,they begin shout monopoly.
Now e don dey build refinery,when them ban petrol import now they will start to cry.
Crazy people.
The level of foolish people In Nigeria is alarming.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.