Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1702) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439954 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) (1705) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
craleonic:

Okay
Now
For you to be In these countries i listed
You should remove "job searching" from your mind

Its either you have your online business (Freelancing and all that stuff)
Or you have passive investments that can fund your lifestyle
Please please and please
No one should go there looking for jobs o!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
craleonic:

Okay

I forgot to add Canada and Australia
They have express entry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 7:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
DexterousOne:

Now
For you to be In these countries i listed
You should remove "job searching" from your mind

Its either you have your online business (Freelancing and all that stuff)
Or you have passive investments that can fund your lifestyle
Please please and please
No one should go there looking for jobs o!

To some Nigerians, any country outside Nigeria na to hustle.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
NL1960:

To some Nigerians, any country outside Nigeria na to hustle.
That's true
Being an "expat" is slightly different from looking for where to hustle though
There are westerners living here on the continent under such arrangement

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
DexterousOne:

That's true
Being an "expat" is slightly different from looking for where to hustle though
There are westerners living here on the continent under such arrangement

Let me clear you something real quick as it seems you are mixing up stuff.

When you hear those oyibos on some online forums talking about moving to Central and Latin America and the Caribbeans to live on their passive income, these are typically retired folks o. People who have saved up one or two million dollars in their retirement accounts but know they cannot live in the US and other Western countries comfortably in retirement due to the very high cost of living. They then move to the Caribbeans and Latin America where life is generally cheaper.

We also have those that are running away from the high taxes in the US. They renounce their citizenship and move to cheaper countries where life, food, wine and women are cheaper. They are the so called expats you will find in countries like Ghana and Kenya running after young oloshos with their retirement money. Life in Africa is good with their dollars.

Don’t confuse that with Africans that are trying to emigrate to seek greener pastures. These are typically younger people with no passive income o. Except you are Deziani and Maina running from EFCC, chances are that you are going abroad to hustle and these countries you are listing are not countries to go to for hustling moves.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Let me clear you something real quick as it seems you are mixing up stuff.

When you hear those oyibos on some online forums talking about moving to Central and Latin America and the Caribbeans to live on their passive income, these are typically retired folks o. People who have saved up one or two million dollars in their retirement accounts but know they cannot live in the US and other Western countries comfortably in retirement due to the very high cost of living. They then move to the Caribbeans and Latin America where life is generally cheaper.

We also have those that are running away from the high taxes in the US. They renounce their citizenship and move to cheaper countries where life, food, wine and women are cheaper. They are the so called expats you will find in countries like Ghana and Kenya running after young oloshos with their retirement money. Life in Africa is good with their dollars.

Don’t confuse that with Africans that are trying to emigrate to seek greener pastures. These are typically younger people with no passive income o. Except you are Deziani and Maina running from EFCC, chances are that you are going abroad to hustle and these countries you are listing are not countries to go to for hustling moves.

Yea
You are 100% correct
However
Young men (single, or maybe in a committed relationship with no kids ) who have "hammered " small can also live the "expat life"
It just takes some years of serious hard work and frugality to get to that point though

And yes, "expat life" is not designed for the TYPICAL AFRICAN who seeks greener pastures....
USA is No. 1 for hustling fellows (if they can get there)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
ositadiima1:
A lot of digging around here, not cool. Aunty Anjilgreat, what do you think?
wickedness
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
DexterousOne:

Yea
You are 100% correct
However
Young men (single, or maybe in a committed relationship with no kids ) who have "hammered " small can also live the "expat life"
It just takes some years of serious hard work and frugality to get to that point though

And yes, "expat life" is not designed for the TYPICAL AFRICAN who seeks greener pastures....
USA is No. 1 for hustling fellows (if they can get there)

How much can you possibly hammer as a young man in Naija to let you retire to those countries? Except you are a yahoo boy or a drug dealer running from the law.

Mark my words. Any young person that is legitimately making cool cash in Nigeria is not thinking about checking out to go and relax for the rest of his life in some Caribbean country. Naija is too sweet for young people making legit money.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

How much can you possibly hammer as a young man in Naija to let you retire to those countries? Except you are a yahoo boy or a drug dealer running from the law.

Mark my words. Any young person that is legitimately making cool cash in Nigeria is not thinking about checking out to go and relax for the rest of his life in some Caribbean country. Naija is too sweet if you have that kind of cashflow.

I enjoy how u keep educating Dexter.

Despite his claims of experience, he seems a little wet behind the ears.

grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
LOL.... But this your idiom of wet behind the ears, I never hear am before o.
Which one is this "expat" that Dexter is throwing around? Is that a new slogan? Or is he trying to reference digital nomads?

If the guy wants to travel abroad, there is no need for long tory, go there and join those hustling it out. But if you want to reach the level where you are a very big boy before applying for Visa, then you have to have a different mindset and skill set. The problem usually is, when you reach that level, you only begin to see those countries as holiday resorts and not to stay.
Lazyyoot de try sha. Since when Carribean Island enter list of countries for Nigeria to migrate to? Do those guys even want crowd?
jajeri3216:

grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Well, each one with his different viewpoints and mindset

We all have our different aspirations and perceptions of how life should be, and I can understand that

There is a growing Nigerian expat community in Panama though, so dont think its something that is not already happening

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Mark my words. Any young person that is legitimately making cool cash in Nigeria is not thinking about checking out to go and relax for the rest of his life in some Caribbean country. Naija is too sweet for young people making legit money.

Different people with different mentality
We all are not a monolith
And our definition of "sweet " differs from person to person
The general definition of "sweet" in Nigeria and amongst many Nigerians doesn't align with my own definition of "sweet"

Its something I would actually do if I could AT THIS MOMENT
And btw, living costs are not so "pocket destructive " in some of these countries
So what's the big deal

There are millennial doing their thing, that spend far less time in Nigeria than they do outside Nigeria

And as for the question below

My answer to it is in the post you quoted to make this question
As quoted below

"It just takes some years of serious hard work and frugality to get to that point though"
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
jajeri3216:

grin
cheesy grin
"Claims of experience "
Lol tongue grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
9jatriot:
LOL.... But this your idiom of wet behind the ears, I never hear am before o.
Which one is this "expat" that Dexter is throwing around? Is that a new slogan? Or is he trying to reference digital nomads?

If the guy wants to travel abroad, there is no need for long tory, go there and join those hustling it out. But if you want to reach the level where you are a very big boy before applying for Visa, then you have to have a different mindset and skill set. The problem usually is, when you reach that level, you only begin to see those countries as holiday resorts and not to stay.
Lazyyoot de try sha. Since when Carribean Island enter list of countries for Nigeria to migrate to? Do those guys even want crowd?

Interesting perspective
And yes
Digital nomads fit the description of "expat"
Thats one category of people that can fit into that box.
That said, the caribbean have many programs for residency and citizenship for those who are interested and qualify

The figures are quoted in USD and because our currency has taken a big hit over the last 6 years, converting such figures to naira make the money look "voluminous" lol
Bahamas at some point were giving those who can prove they have annual cashflow of $14k annually residency
No extra requirement or restrictions

Multiplying that figure by 199 gives a far different figure than multiplying it by 470
There are different programs in different parts of the world
One who is interested and qualify can find one that suits him, and aligns best with his circumstances
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
I do not think it fits into what I think your so called 'EXPATS' means. There is a reason why the word nomads is included in that phrase
DexterousOne:

Interesting perspective
And yes
Digital nomads fit the description of "expat"
Thats one category of people that can fit into that box.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
ojesymsym:
I do not think it fits into what I think your so called 'EXPATS' means. There is a reason why the word nomads is included in that phrase
Well, maybe it's a case of nomenclature
These terms sometimes overlap
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 2:36am On Dec 12, 2020
NL1960:

There is an example of somebody given here that earns N4m/month and still steals from the company. Is N4m i.e. N48m not enough for the person to live a comfortable life?.

its not only about the money or salary, how are people recognised and celebrated in the society.............Take a look around all you see is everyone basking in how much money they have gotten.........There are no master doctors, lawyers , footballers, stock traders, technicians, even no master street sweepers, everybody is just focused on getting richer........

when one watches the way developed societies solve problems you cant help but admire the genuine commitment they put forward in trying to get solutions, you can never get that if all one works for is just for the next payday, this is why there is so much theft and plifering in the country

There are no recognised and celebrated doctors, lawyers, teachers,bankers, hairdressers, fashoin dezigners........ There are no recognized and celebrated master crafts men in the country for younger generations to look up to.........

Many of the positions Nigerians loose to expertraites are just for no other reason than TRUST, while the expertriate is working towards building a name for himself, the Nigerian is just working for the money, so tell me if I am paid 800k a month to be in charge of a process that consumes 15 trucks of diesel a day and i discover a way to make it consume only 13 trucks of diesel a day why should i report this discovery to higher management If all I look forward to is just my salary

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 12, 2020
DexterousOne:

We all have our different aspirations and perceptions of how life should be, and I can understand that

There is a growing Nigerian expat community in Panama though, so dont think its something that is not already happening

Growing Naija expat community in Panama? E be like say you like trouble. What do you think most of those Naija guys in Panama do for a living? grin

Naija is hard without a good job and it can drive anyone crazy but don’t go and jump from fry pan to fire in the name of checking out from Naija o.

And please stop talking about being frugal and saving money to go and retire in the Caribbeans after some years. At your age, how much you wan save?

Maybe you should try and find a girlfriend in Naija wink. I’m assuming you are into girls sha.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 7:26am On Dec 12, 2020
DexterousOne:

Different people with different mentality
We all are not a monolith
And our definition of "sweet " differs from person to person
The general definition of "sweet" in Nigeria and amongst many Nigerians doesn't align with my own definition of "sweet"

Its something I would actually do if I could AT THIS MOMENT
And btw, living costs are not so "pocket destructive " in some of these countries
So what's the big deal

There are millennial doing their thing, that spend far less time in Nigeria than they do outside Nigeria

And as for the question below

My answer to it is in the post you quoted to make this question
As quoted below

"It just takes some years of serious hard work and frugality to get to that point though"

How many years is the "some years"?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 7:29am On Dec 12, 2020
DexterousOne:

Interesting. So what are the Nigerian expat community in Panama into?. Dem dey hustle or dem dey do professional work?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:41am On Dec 12, 2020
DexterousOne:

Nigerian expats doing what in Panama? Hustling or living on their passive income
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:17am On Dec 12, 2020
I guess this is a phase in life when you think those before you don't know what they are doing which is why they are where they are. That age of undiluted hope and great dreams.
May have toyed that part and 30 years later they are still hoping and dreaming and sometimes wondering where and when they got it wrong.
Laslas they go find way enter politics.

NL1960:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:21am On Dec 12, 2020
All these are all excuses. Many multinationals do reward system and some form of performance based promotion yet the Nigerian in Nigerians still finds a way to show up.
If the excuses you are giving there is true, why do Nigerians still find way to try to beat the system when they travel abroad.

maishai:

its not only about the money or salary, how are people recognised and celebrated in the society.............Take a look around all you see is everyone basking in how much money they have gotten.........There are no master doctors, lawyers , footballers, stock traders, technicians, even no master street sweepers, everybody is just focused on getting richer........

when one watches the way developed societies solve problems you cant help but admire the genuine commitment they put forward in trying to get solutions, you can never get that if all one works for is just for the next payday, this is why there is so much theft and plifering in the country

There are no recognised and celebrated doctors, lawyers, teachers,bankers, hairdressers, fashoin dezigners........ There are no recognized and celebrated master crafts men in the country for younger generations to look up to.........

Many of the positions Nigerians loose to expertraites are just for no other reason than TRUST, while the expertriate is working towards building a name for himself, the Nigerian is just working for the money, so tell me if I am paid 800k a month to be in charge of a process that consumes 15 trucks of diesel a day and i discover a way to make it consume only 13 trucks of diesel a day why should i report this discovery to higher management If all I look forward to is just my salary

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I know nothing about it.

But I know you can't make 10% per month on a consistent basis, you can make 40% in January, lose 50% in February, make another 20% in March, 10% in April, lose 15% in May and gain 8% in June.

No equity fund manager will offer you a guaranteed return on investment
And that's what i call a matured responds. You are truly Pa Emma.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:50am On Dec 12, 2020
ukay2:

Still ok compared to other naira stocks not based in dollar dividend payments .....as dollar is appreciating, your dividend is appreciating too

Wish to own Seplat and AirtelAfrica stocks one day.....
How much is the stock at the moment?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2020
BLOOMBERG: Nigeria’s Biggest Bank in Talks to Buy Atlas Mara Assets

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-02/nigeria-s-biggest-bank-is-said-in-talks-to-buy-atlas-mara-assets

Access Bank has been doing a lot of acquisitions lately. Just few months after they acquired this company's Mozambique operations. Good luck to them, hope it's successful. Nigeria is gradually building up multinationals that can face their South African and international counterparts. If this is kept up, in a few decades, Lagos will be able to compete against Johannesburg to become the continent's top financial center.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:58am On Dec 12, 2020
Same thoughts I had when I read that story.
Nigerian HR according to Ahib
ultron12345:
Nigerian human resources have done it again

How Gtbank Staff, CBN Official Burnt Bullion Van, ‘stole N70m’ In Kano

https://www.nairaland.com/6307466/how-gtbank-staff-cbn-official
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 9:00am On Dec 12, 2020
igbizen:

How much is the stock at the moment?

Airtel N640

Seplat N402
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2020
Is this present Seplat price not a good price?

ukay2:

Airtel N640

Seplat N402
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 9:47am On Dec 12, 2020
ojesymsym:
Is this present Seplat price not a good price?

Seplat 52 weeks low N282
52 weeks high N657
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Nigerian expats doing what in Panama? Hustling or living on their passive income

Living off passive income (their investments they made over the years )
Some do their business over the internet
Some are day traders
Etc

Some unfortunately are into fraud (like the ones in South Africa)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2020
NL1960:

Depends on the person

(1) (2) (3) ... (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) (1705) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Akerekoroabijawara(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.