Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,455 members, 7,853,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4494757 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) ... (2240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:23am On Mar 13, 2021
Thank GOD for Farm4me
I will.be using that till I see another trusted one
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:56am On Mar 13, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Thank GOD for Farm4me

Who come ask you about am na? This tactic is outdated already. Go learn a new one.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:14am On Mar 13, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Thank GOD for Farm4me

Please continue. Use your village town crier to spread the good news to every nook and cranny of your village. Iam sure that once they hammer like you, they will give you a Chieftaincy title. cool

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:05am On Mar 13, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
They have foresight, we don't.

Their country is working, ours is not and we've been building it the way we want.

If our country was working in the first place, there would be no need for such by usa. Also, prayers don't build economy, brain does.

Now your messier is building a refinary and he's already suggesting that only those with refinary license should be allowed to import fuel.
what foresight ? Nigerians like over praising America ...the covid pandemic has expose them as propagandist ,the parliament invasion why didn't they use the foresight here ......when pmb went to America trump told him he should ensure we buy wheath for our mill for America ....while we have a large wheat belt in kura kano that can serve the whole of west africa if mechanized.....the back ward integration proposals by dangote if implemented by yardua in 2007 it would have forced the like of total,mobil to have completed their refinary in Nigeria instead the prefer this usless arrangements where we have spent 13 bn usd importing ever year from American refineries ...

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:14am On Mar 13, 2021
Americans are a bunch of hypocrites....what development contribution have they brought to Nigeria compared to the Chinese that have built trains and airport terminal in Nigeria ...instead give loan via imf with crippling conditions of civil servant sack, electricity hike via markets rate ,petrol hike , high taxes to pay back their wicked loan paid into federation accounts when they know that the monies will be looted and Mis managed .....Americans govt wants us to be importing cement and petrol ..Dangote refinery is a treat to thier refineries and will capture the west african markets ...from their hawkish traders like vitol and transfuga whom are the biggest oil traders and will never want the arrangement changed

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:32am On Mar 13, 2021
America want all good things to happen to them but don't want for other....mobil that have been in oil and gas busines in Nigeria for 50 years where is there refinery ....they prefer the crude swap to continue endlessly...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
Americans are a bunch of hypocrites....what development contribution have they brought to Nigeria compared to the Chinese that have built trains and airport terminal in Nigeria ...instead give loan via imf with crippling conditions of civil servant sack, electricity hike via markets rate ,petrol hike , high taxes to pay back their wicked loan paid into federation accounts when they know that the monies will be looted and Mis managed ..... [s]Americans govt wants us to be importing cement and petrol ..Dangote refinery is a treat to thier refineries and will capture the west african markets ...from their hawkish traders like vitol and transfuga whom are the biggest oil traders and will never want the arrangement changed[/s]

Donbrig:
God punish Satan, don't mind Americans, they should allow us build our economy the way we want it, they have never been helpful in anyway to Africans if they don't have anything to gain.

Did you two read the link? The link is talking about our economy beign monopolized by a few individuals.

This point here:

"The group proposed that only companies with licences to refine crude oil should import fuel whenever demand surpass available fuel or when a refinery is undergoing maintenance."

And this one:

"Dangote also recommended that the volume of fuel imported should be distributed according to what each refinery produces."

Do such proposals sound fair to you? By d way, the bulk of our imported fuel doesn't even ship from the USA.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 10:44am On Mar 13, 2021
It is shameful we still believe Americans have the best interest of Nigerians at heart. Western countries are already in panick mood because we might no longer buy their refined oil once Dangote refinery starts operations.

But why would Americans predict negative effects of Dangote refinery on our economy when Dangote refinery is yet to start operations?

The only support we need from Americans and other western countries should be in the area of science and technologies, they should not interfere in other areas at all, we don't need them. Lets build Nigeria in our own terms and conditions.

We know we have problems in every facet of life, but that shouldn't make us act like slaves to western countries, they have ruined us enough.

You think China was able to build their economy by listening to Americans?

Dangote would ensure that his refinery is profitable like every other business man would, if there are grey areas, our leaders should be able to rectify it and ensure Dangote refinery affects our economy positively.

No doubt brains build economy more than just praying, but I strongly believe in prayers and its effect on our spiritual lives.

OgogoroFreak:
They have foresight, we don't.

Their country is working, ours is not and we've been building it the way we want.

If our country was working in the first place, there would be no need for such by usa. Also, prayers don't build economy, brain does.

Now your messier is building a refinary and he's already suggesting that only those with refinary license should be allowed to import fuel.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
America want all good things to happen to them but don't want for other....mobil that have been in oil and gas busines in Nigeria for 50 years where is there refinery ....they prefer the crude swap to continue endlessly...

Sometimes your talk dey sound somehow for ear.

Mobil is a business entity separate from the country USA, their priority is to maximize returns, not build refinery for you.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:50am On Mar 13, 2021
Donbrig:
It is shameful we still believe Americans have the best interest of Nigerians at heart. Western countries are already in panick mood because we might no longer buy their refined oil once Dangote refinery starts operations.

Again, these are the rants of a man that reads only the headings and headlines. It's a very dangerous practice my man.

USA has nothing to lose or even gain if you build refineries.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:00am On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

Mobil is a business entity separate from the country USA, their priority is to maximize returns, not build refinery for you.
Dangote is a govt entity abi ? That want to minimise return ...cos it African and must be dumb

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:02am On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

Again, these are the rants of a man that reads only the headings and headlines. It's a very dangerous practice my man.

they got something to loose ...a 100m litres daily export markets to west africa control by transatlantic firm vitol .....where u think say vitol dey get petrol from? Us refineries of cos ...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:04am On Mar 13, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
Dangote is a govt entity abi ? That want to minimise return ...cos it African and must be dumb

I don't understand this ur post. Actually, it doesn't make any sense.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:06am On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

USA is paranoid about everthing thing competition from everwhere from warning africans about China development loan without providing alternative ....where are USA train and airport ....outside sponsoring coups and causing endless wars what other thing to they do .....5 g they are complaining....China is going to over take USA

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:16am On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

I don't understand this ur post. Actually, it doesn't make any sense.
u said mobil is a private company that why the should maximise profit and not build refinery ..so I ask if dangote is not also a private company and want to maximise profit by the oil back ward integration proposal .....

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:17am On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

likewise Dangote is a business entity and want to maximise oppurntiies and create monopoly like the US govt want to monopolize 5 g tech even with treats

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:21am On Mar 13, 2021
Any player that is not ready to build a refinery in Nigeria no matter how small should not be giving any allocation to import .....their 5000 barrel modular refinery over 20 at different stages of completion it will create jobs ,save forex and remove the shame as the only opec memeber importing ...we can't be exporting jobs via import ...American govt should go to hell and worry more about police brutality

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:22am On Mar 13, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
u said mobil is a private company that why the should maximise profit and not build refinery ..so I ask if dangote is not also a private company and want to maximise profit by the oil back ward integration proposal .....

Are u for real? Were did I say that Dangotes refinery is a bad thing? I am talking about the link which u obviously did not read. D meat of d post was that some individuals are trying very hard to monopolize our economy.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
likewise Dangote is a business entity and want to maximise oppurntiies and create monopoly like the US govt want to monopolize 5 g tech even with treats

Stop talking about stuff u dont understand. The 5g saga is a completely different issue.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:30am On Mar 13, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
Any player that is not ready to build a refinery in Nigeria no matter how small should not be giving any allocation to import .....their 5000 barrel modular refinery over 20 at different stages of completion it will create jobs ,save forex and remove the shame as the only opec memeber importing ...we can't be exporting jobs via import ...American govt should go to hell and worry more about police brutality

Ur dangote is afraid of competition at our expense.

In my opinion, other players should be allowed to import fuel and let the prices adjust based on d market, that is what a free economy is all about.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

Are u for real? Were did I say that Dangotes refinery is a bad thing? I am talking about the link which u obviously did not read. D meat of d post was that some individuals are trying very hard to monopolize our economy.
u have limited understanding of oil and gas and the back ward integration proposal......no body is monoplolising anything if u have money today u can build u own refinery.....19 license was issues by obansanjo in 1999 no of the company even bought land talkess of buiding a refinery ....in cement their b.u.a ,sokoto cement ,ashaka , elehapnhant cements,larfage ....in refining their a 20 ongoing refineries in Nigeria..intergrated just completed their 20k barrel....in sugar their is golden penny and co in flour is Flour mills of Nigeria,honey well ,olam and co .....

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
u have limited understanding of oil and gas and the back ward integration proposal......no body is monoplolising anything if u have money today u can build u own refinery.....19 license was issues by obansanjo in 1999 no of the company even bought land talkess of buiding a refinery ....in cement their b.u.a ,sokoto cement ,ashaka , elehapnhant cements,larfage ....in refining their a 20 ongoing refineries in Nigeria..intergrated just completed their 20k barrel....in sugar their is golden penny and co in flour is Flour mills of Nigeria,honey well ,olam and co .....

Ok, what are d benefits of limiting importation to only those with refineries?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

Ur dangote is afraid of competition at our expense.

In my opinion, other players should be allowed to import fuel and let the prices adjust based on d market, that is what a free economy is all about.
import fuel with which dollars ? With the raising population that is predicted to reach 400m by 2040 and 25m cars the small reserve of 35 bn dollar should be used up to create level playing field for lazy depot owner at the detriment of our kids future and stability of our weak naira ....tell u American Lord say we reject it and following Chinese pathway to development ...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:51am On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

Ok, what are d benefit of limiting importation to only those with refineries?
i said it over again u don't know the what back ward integration is ....it was used by obansanjo economic team to reach self sufficiency in local production on thing we have raw material like ....lime stone and sugar can ....buharm cement didnt follow want endless import they out and now no more cement racketing like in the 90s that u can just sell paper allocations from benue cement and become a billionaire without selling i bag of cement ....we spend over 1.3 trillion naira ( 3 bn usd) yearly to import fuel ...so in order to save the huge forex drain on our lean resources and create jobs and tax revenue and curb scarcity and smuggling this companies as a policy must use 30 percent of their profits to build refinery over a 10 year period ....by 10 year we will exit importation cos our refining capacity would be enough.....it even good to companies with long term progressive vision...not some berif case firms want to just collect subsides

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:54am On Mar 13, 2021
After the subsidy corruption NNPC has been the sole importer and has 100 percent monopoly.....if NNPC is privatise it will be force to revamp it refineries in order to generate money from import...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
import fuel with which dollars ? With the raising population that is predicted to reach 400m by 2040 and 25m cars the small reserve of 35 bn dollar should be used up to create level playing field for lazy depot owner at the detriment of our kids future and stability of our weak naira ....tell u American Lord say we reject it and following Chinese pathway to development ...

Again u are not seeing the bigger picture.

It is competition that makes prices lower for everyone. If dangote and a few other refinery owners decides tomorrow to hike prices who will challenge them?

As I said before, it is best to allow others to play d game, if u sell too high nobody buys from u.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

Ok, what are d benefits of limiting importation to only those with refineries?
they will plough back the profit from the import to the speedy completion of their refinery b4 the import end date.....it for person currently buiding new refinery and it will encourage other to build or die out ....they are not limited to those with refinery but to those that have should commitment to build and it on going and verifiable.....read more on the back ward integration of obj in cement and fertilzer....indorama is now exporting due to this policy ....NIGERIA FIRST...

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

It is competition that makes prices lower for everyone. If dangote and a few other refinery owners decides tomorrow to hike prices who will challenge them?

As I said before, it is best to allow others to play d game, if u sell too high nobody buys from u.
how do u mean with over 25 ongoing refinery ( modular ) the market share will be shared .....if NNPC that is the sole importer hole price now what will u do ....how many players are importing .? They are not more than 12 now ..and they dont even import...even thing is on benin coast by vitol...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
i said it over again u don't know the what back ward integration is ....it was used by obansanjo economic team to reach self sufficiency in local production on thing we have raw material like ....lime stone and sugar can ....buharm cement didnt follow want endless import they out and now no more cement racketing like in the 90s that u can just sell paper allocations from benue cement and become a billionaire without selling i bag of cement ....we spend over 1.3 trillion naira ( 3 bn usd) yearly to import fuel ...so in order to save the huge forex drain on our lean resources and create jobs and tax revenue and curb scarcity and smuggling this companies as a policy must use 30 percent of their profits to build refinery over a 10 year period ....by 10 year we will exit importation cos our refining capacity would be enough.....it even good to companies with long term progressive vision...not some berif case firms want to just collect subsides

Yeah, but to allow dangote to control 3bn usd is too much power for one individual. We don't want a few guys to control our economy and that is d point USA was making.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

oil and gas is not pure water business ...if the importer now about 30 of them.want to hike price they will do , like wise filling stations
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
how do u mean with over 25 ongoing refinery ( modular ) the market share will be shared .....if NNPC that is the sole importer hole price now what will u do ....how many players are importing .? They are not more than 12 now ..and they dont even import...even thing is on benin coast by vitol...

25 ongoing, but dangotes is d largest by far, he will dominate by more that 85% of d market share.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

Yeah, but to allow dangote to control 3bn usd is too much power for one individual. We don't want a few guys to control our economy and that is d point USA was making.
how do u mean their are over 20 modular refineries currently ongoing and are going to battle Dangote for market share.....example if total roll out a 100k barrel refinery today they have their trucks and station over 300 nationwide they battle dangote group in that space .....but if they keep crying like babies they become slaves to dangote or he buy them out ....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) ... (2240) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Zagee and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.