Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4448232 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
megawax8:
And that's how CBN has called for a Second OMO auction....... Hmmm

Interesting...@feelamong, ihavespoken

What do you make of the above information?

SuccessGee, we are waiting o smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by puna: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
@ oga feelamong and other gurus in the house..is the window is open?can bids be taken tomorrow?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
jidabod:
Too bad I didn't see all these rates before placing my bid with Stanbic.

I shouldn't have gone earlier.

Anyway, the dude that attended to me was surprised when I nod in affirmative that Stanbic 91days bid didn't sail through during last auction cos I told him I didn't bid.

Bank Guy: How did you know we lost out of the 91days bid?

Me: I follow some interesting guys...

Bank Guy: Twitter?

Me: Nairaland

Bank Guy: Nairaland? I thought all they do is to report one celebrity did this and that...

Me: Nairaland has different threads based on your interests...

From our conversation, bankers knowledge of TB is dependent on their interests. The lady beside him do not know 10% of what he knows.

Lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
jidabod:
Too bad I didn't see all these rates before placing my bid with Stanbic.

I shouldn't have gone earlier.

Anyway, the dude that attended to me was surprised when I nod in affirmative that Stanbic 91days bid didn't sail through during last auction cos I told him I didn't bid.

Bank Guy: How did you know we lost out of the 91days bid?

Me: I follow some interesting guys...

Bank Guy: Twitter?

Me: Nairaland

Bank Guy: Nairaland? I thought all they do is to report one celebrity did this and that...

Me: Nairaland has different threads based on your interests...

From our conversation, bankers knowledge of TB is dependent on their interests. The lady beside him do not know 10% of what he knows.

Lol @ "I thought all they do is to report one celebrity did this and that..."

You are right to some extent that bankers knowledge of TB is dependent on their interests.

More often than not, bank workers tend to be more knowledgeable about it when they attend to customers who invest in TB, when they themselves invest in it and also make efforts to be adequately informed.

@Seun, you are sighted! cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Oga Feelamong and other gurus, please what is the advisable rate for 364 days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
Nobody is bidding for 1yr? WHY?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
Tritri:
Nobody is bidding for 1yr? WHY?

According to the CBN TBills time table..there is no auction for the 364 days bills tomorrow..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
40manlappy:

Interesting...@feelamong, ihavespoken

What do you make of the above information?

SuccessGee, we are waiting o smiley

The info is good for the market....

I just hope they are able to mop up a lot of money cos the liquidity too mush!

Over N500B in matured Bonds to hit the system today...and these funds are mostly from the PFAs who only invest in Tbills and FGN Bonds

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by quertyquack: 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
how can one participate in an OMO auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
quertyquack:
how can one participate in an OMO auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

U are at liberty to quote your own rate in any bank(s).
Bros don't say what you are not sure of. Speak for you bank alone, cus last time I checked, FBN don't allow customers to place their own rate.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by puna: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
feelamong:

According to the CBN TBills time table..there is no auction for the 364 days bills tomorrow..

There is an auction for 364 days....just that are are no maturing tbills for that tenor...check the timetable properly...you would see issue 346days

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by puna: 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
oga feelamong....please where do you get your info of rates on the secondary market.... what's the 364days rate current at the secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
Royal155:
Bros don't say what you are not sure of. Speak for you bank alone, cus last time I checked, FBN don't allow customers to place their own rate.

Which law(s) or rule(s) in financial management prevent you from doing so? Banks offer you their own profitable rate which you are at liberty to either accept or reject. This what one customer care officer and his Managers were saying to me two weeks ago in Access Bank insisting that I must go with bank rate which lead to dispute: I bid for slightly higher rate and the bid was successful. Thank God I maintained my stand

I repeat, you are at liberty to quote your own rate, the worst thing that can happen is that the bid will not be successful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
men i just hope the bank rate for GTB is good, am nt bold and patient enough to go with my own rate, i went with the bank rate undecided

A difference of 2 percent will cost me 30k, i think that better than waiting another 2 weeks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by quertyquack: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
How can one participate in this OMO auction.
Just called my account officer, he has no clue. Can one bid through their bank like tbills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
@Feelamong This is a personal msg , Just got yield now. Am contemplating on buy FBNH stock at the current price Or T.BILL.On the long run which is a better on the long run? I already few FBNH but thinking of accumulating more? I need your view on this .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
@Feelamong This is a personal msg , Just got yield now. Am contemplating on buy FBNH stock at the current price Or T.BILL.On the long run which is a better on the long run? I already few FBNH but thinking of accumulating more? I need your view on this .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by quertyquack: 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
Some of us will regret not participating in this week's auction. After the MPR rate was jacked it was certain that the rates would spike.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
Tritri:
@Feelamong This is a personal msg , Just got yield of 7,727,540.98 now. Am contemplating on buy FBNH stock at the current price Or T.BILL.On the long run which is a better on the long run? I already few FBNH but thinking of accumulating more? I need your view on this .

During my early days in Wealth management...we were taught to ask customers a lot of questions before advising them on whether to buy stocks or invest in Money market..

what is your Investment Horizon?

how much risk are you willing to take?

what is your portfolio size and how is it skewed at the moment..

As for me: while I do stocks, Tbills and FGN Bonds...

I also have a code of conduct never to invest more than 50% of my total Investment in stocks at any point in time.

Stocks fit kill person! cheesy

But the returns could be like drugs money at times grin

maybe we would need to chat privately on this issue..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
quertyquack:
Just called my account officer, he has no clue. Can one bid through their bank like tbills?

usually OMO is done at very short Notice to the banks from CBN...

The banks then quickly notify their biggest customers/PFAs/Investment houses who can do volumes...

so as you can see its not meant for everyone.... grin

but then like they say; with proper arrangement even Devil can see God..

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
@Feelamong Just shoot you an email.
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omotolani513(f): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
hello guys, please what rate are we looking for 91 days. FCMB says 15.4% for 91 days 18.05 for 182 days 18.5 for 365 days. do u think this is gud.... thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omotolani513(f): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
hello guys, please what rate are we looking at for 91 days. FCMB says 15.4% for 91 days 18.05 for 182 days 18.5 for 365 days. do u think this is gud.... thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
...so my rate for a year is 18% (Gtbank).

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
Same here... all the best.
Acidosis:
...so my rate for a year is 18% (Gtbank).

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
quertyquack:
Just called my account officer, he has no clue. Can one bid through their bank like T-bills?

You cannot. It is a means through which the CBN mops up excess liquidity from the system and fight inflation.

The reason why it's mentioned as a guide for TB rates is that it shows the mindset of the CBN before the auction. If OMO rates climb it is likely that TB rates will climb and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megawax8: 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
With few study and personal analysis...... If i were to bid tomorrow(i can't because i decided on it quite late), the rates i'd do or advice is

91days: 15.00 -15.40
182days: 17.00 - 17.40
364days: 18.20 - 18.80
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
ummitoagirl:
Same here... all the best.
Thanks ma'am
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexlo78: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hi feelamong, i also sent you a PM pls.

Tritri:
@Feelamong Just shoot you an email.
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
megawax8:
With few study and personal analysis...... If i were to bid tomorrow(i can't because i decided on it quite late), the rates i'd do or advice is

91days: 15.00 -15.40
182days: 17.00 - 17.40
364days: 18.20 - 18.80

That 91days must reach 16% oooooo. I beg do your calculation again tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: deept(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.