Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4467404 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EngineerT: 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
Government Securities - Primary Market(NTB)

Auction Date:8/17/2016
Security Type:NTB
Tenor :91
Auction No:17-08-2016 - 91 Day
Auction-Primary Market
Maturity Date:11/17/2016
Total Subscription-76136.78
Total Successful-32436.51
Range Bid:12.0000 - 20.0000
Successful Bid Rates:12.0000 - 14.9900
Description Issue
Rate-14.99
True Yield 15.572
Amount Offered (mn) 76136.78
Auction Date:8/17/2016
Security Type:NTB
Tenor -182
Auction No:17-08-2016 - 182 Day
Auction:Primary Market
Maturity Date:2/16/2017
Total Subscription:198179.28
Total Successful:30000
Range Bid:11.0000 - 20.0000
Successful Bid Rates:11.0000 - 17.4800
Description Issue
Rate:17.48
True Yield:19.846
Amount Offered (mn):30000

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by leke12(m): 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
Please am new here, and will like to invest in treasury bills. what I need is a tutor, will love to use any bank that is reliable and efficient. Already have my capital just want to start ASAP. Moreso, I reside in Abuja.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
leke12:
Please am new here, and will like to invest in treasury bills. what I need is a tutor, will love to use any bank that is reliable and efficient. Already have my capital just want to start ASAP. Moreso, I reside in Abuja.

where do you bank?

speak to your banker or account Officer..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by leke12(m): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
feelamong:

where do you bank?

I use GTB and diamond don't know maybe they are good enough. don't mind banking with another bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by manlikegb: 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
feelamong:

where do you bank?

Hey @feelamong, I got a successful bid rate of 16.4% for 182 tenor. I read someone on here sailed through with 17.25. Is 16.4 efficient enough or should I try a different institution to help me bid the next time?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EngineerT: 1:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
a banking officer mailed after expressing my disappointment in GT for bidding with them that the bid did not sail tru. i am hugely disappointed with GT , i will likely transfer the amount to FBN and bid on my own terms since GTB are forming too busy or don't care about their customers on this subject matter. Mr Feelamong, which bank did you bid and was it with the bank rate? kindly answer.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
EngineerT:
a banking officer mailed after expressing my disappointment in GT for bidding with them that the bid did not sail tru. i am hugely disappointed with GT , i will likely transfer the amount to FBN and bid on my own terms since GTB are forming too busy or don't care about their customers on this subject matter. Mr Feelamong, which bank did you bid and was it with the bank rate? kindly answer.

I did not bid in the last Auction......

The last time i did i went in with Fidelity securities cos i was selling shares to buy Tbills then..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pls guyz when is the next primary auction day.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
EngineerT:

you better check well, someone had earlier said FBN doesnt allow you to set your rate.

Please speak to the marketers there before you begin to transfer your funds.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EngineerT: 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
even if they don't allow, aint their rates competitive enough? secondly, when i last inquired, once they perceive you know what you're doing, they let you be. that I can't say about GTB. would you believe i Started this process on Monday and went there 2 other days consecutively to ensure everything went well , yet nothing came out. i hate to waste my time on futility, not after having diligently studied and did my homework before venturing into this activity. if there is any GT B staff here, come and defend your institution because i am not taking this likely at all.. its so annoying.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 2:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
Engineer you do not have to be angry, it is one of those things. Not all banks will inform you of the outcome, that is why you are here to get info that your bank may not even be aware of. Now that you know your bid did not sail through, kindly prepare for the next bid.

EngineerT:
even if they don't allow, aint their rates competitive enough? secondly, when i last inquired, once they perceive you know what you're doing, they let you be. that I can't say about GTB. would you believe i Started this process on Monday and went there 2 other days consecutively to ensure everything went well , yet nothing came out. i hate to waste my time on futility, not after having diligently studied and did my homework before venturing into this activity. if there is any GT B staff here, come and defend your institution because i am not taking this likely at all.. its so annoying.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
Wednesday 31 August 2016

zamirikpo:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
EngineerT:

Engineer..take am easy....

Just vote with ya feet...look for another account officer in the bank that understands the Tbills well and deal with him
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
zamirikpo:

its on the 1st of September..

but remember to throw in ur bids latest 12 noon on the 30th of Aug
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talktrue1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
@feelamong
Pls, I did my treasury bill yesterday at diamond bank at 14% for 119 days
But the info am getting here talks about 91 days and 182 days. I dont know how they come about 119days
someone should please enlighten me

NB: I didn't know about the TB before. I went for a fixed deposit and the officer told me to go for TB for 119days at 14%
since its far better than Fixed deposit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunene66: 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=talktrue1 post=48623461]@feelamong
Pls, I did my treasury bill yesterday at diamond bank at 14% for 119 days
But the info am getting here talks about 91 days and 182 days. I dont know how they come about 119days
someone should please enlighten me

NB: I didn't know about the TB before. I went for a fixed deposit and the officer told me to go for TB for 119days at 14%
since its far better than Fixed deposit.[/quote

The TBills sold you were from the secondary market. You can only buy from the primary market through auctions on the bidding dates, the next being September 1 2016

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by qmd24(m): 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ryder306:

Sir, have u been debited by stanbic? am still waiting for mine.....abi should i be worried

@Ryder306,

I just got debited today around 12 noon but my account officer sent me an sms yesterday afternoon on the successful bid.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
thanks for the date @feelamong and u quite rightly said it ,my bids must reach on or before the 30th. please i have a request, can u please send in viable rates on or before the 29th, so we can act on it and avoid missing out. please....i know i speak the mind of so many. ur rates r spot on .. so please...........if i miss this next one it would be the 3rd auction miss..................

please ,special request ..............thanks....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
zamirikpo:
thanks for the date @feelamong and u quite rightly said it ,my bids must reach on or before the 30th. please i have a request, can u please send in viable rates on or before the 29th, so we can act on it and avoid missing out. please....i know i speak the mind of so many. ur rates r spot on .. so please...........if i miss this next one it would be the 3rd auction miss..................

please ,special request ..............thanks....

No wahala...Just remain tuned to this thread...

But come o,...if your rates miss the next auction; na to carry you go bar beach go wash your head o! Cos E be like say some people from your village no want ur progress.. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talktrue1(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=tunene66 post=48623665][/quote]
Thanks. But my worry is why 119 days instead of 91 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EngineerT: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
Feelamong, that is another risk to bid too early or you suggest I process my instruction and to go with the bank prevailing rate at the time of bidding. Well, paying close attention, I seem to realise no one has successfully bid with GTB except fidelity, diamond and 1stbank. So lemme go prepare and place my position with 1stbank by Monday next week. Happy weekend y'all!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
talktrue1:

Thanks. But my worry is why 119 days instead of 91 days

from the secondary market you can get any number of days. You can get for example 277 days, 311 days. even 38days you can get. Primary auction is where you have only 3 different tenors which are 91, 182 and 364 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by naijatoday: 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
I will like to clarify something

If I bid at 91 days for 14% and CBN's rate is at a range of 12%-18% for that 91 days.

Will I be buying at the 14% or the 18%?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EngineerT: 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
naijatoday:
I will like to clarify something

If I bid at 91 days for 14% and CBN's rate is at a range of 12%-18% for that 91 days.

Will I be buying at the 14% or the 18%?

Thanks

You will be served on your bid rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by quertyquack: 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
Definitely GTB.
Please what will one get for 182 days in the secondary market?
manlikegb:

Hey @feelamong, I got a successful bid rate of 16.4% for 182 tenor. I read someone on here sailed through with 17.25. Is 16.4 efficient enough or should I try a different institution to help me bid the next time?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
quertyquack:
Definitely GTB.
Please what will one get for 182 days in the secondary market?

I know of some banks selling 182 days at 15% in the secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by puna: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
oga feelamong can I get a 300 days and above at the secondary market right now?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by naijatoday: 5:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
EngineerT:

You will be served on your bid rate.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by debeey87(m): 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
To aid my understanding,I'll like to paint a scenario about buying in the next a auction.

I was told by stanbic d 91days rate for d next auction is 14.99%. I plan getting 200k for instance on the day of maturity.

From my understanding, I'll be buying with 170020 naira to get d 200k at the end of the 91days.

Pls my ogas here, make una tell me whether my analysis is right cos I plan buying in the next offer.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by quertyquack: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
How can your interest be more than your principal?
Check your numbers again.
debeey87:
To aid my understanding,I'll like to paint a scenario about buying in the next a auction.

I was told by stanbic d 91days rate for d next auction is 14.99%. I plan getting 200k for instance on the day of maturity.

From my understanding, I'll be buying with 170020 naira to get d 200k at the end of the 91days.

Pls my ogas here, make una tell me whether my analysis is right cos I plan buying in the next offer.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by quertyquack: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
That's why I didn't complain when they (GTB) ignored my bid of 17.5% for 182 days and forced their own bid of 16.4% down my throat. The difference is about 20k give or take. Better than idle funds for 14 days.
feelamong:

I know of some banks selling 182 days at 15% in the secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
feelamong:

I have never used a bank for my secondary market transactions...

I have been using Fidelity securities ltd for that
bro abeg enlighten me more about this Fidelity securities. i like invest too. and also I fit top up my investment anytime like dat of mutual funds ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.