Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,074 members, 7,953,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2009) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4639919 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) ... (2264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lovelygbems: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2021
Invest in dredging......the new Gold

15% in 6 months

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:38am On Oct 16, 2021
Lovelygbems:
Invest in dredging......the new Gold

15% in 6 months

Get a secured loan at 21% and pocket the 9% margin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by merrijosh(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2021
Kindly reach out to me on 09035293922 if you have any Insurance needs ranging from Health Insurance, Property Insurance, Professional Indemnity, Annuity, Marine and other kinds that you can think of (all at a good rate). I also render professional advice on all kinds of Insurance.
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ceogomat: 11:21am On Oct 16, 2021
Cheap Cars for Sale in Nigeria pay on Delivery visit www.gomat.com.ng for more information.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by glimpse33(m): 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
Arrogantbro:
Hello great minds. What do you suggest I do with a floating money of 40 million naira ? A long term savings or something

Invest with FCMB and get a whooping 10% interest

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2021
omotola90:
ok....branch offers you 20% of your investment annually.... And 20% of any of your investment... Be it weekly, monthly or quarterly. Now, if you fix a million naira with branch, you get:1000000*5÷365×20%=2740... Compounded. . . That's what you earn every monday.... That 5 in the above equation means every 5 days divided by 365 days... As for investors with big sums, follow the process
Above... N. B that's what you earn every monday.... Another thing is that it is very flexible... Investment must be 30 days and above... You can withdraw any time.... For 1000000 naira in 30 days, it will be=1000000×30÷365×20%=16,438.... Any one can quote this post if need be or have any question

Starred.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Arrogantbro(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2021
glimpse33:

Invest with FCMB and get a whooping 10% interest
Im considering access bank but haven’t made up my mind yet
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by glimpse33(m): 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
Arrogantbro:
Im considering access bank but haven’t made up my mind yet

Access will not give you even 5%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2021
SeaTrade:
They are not moving to real estate because importation is no longer profitable even with the devaluation.
They are moving because their capital have supercede their market share and they are now running the business with a whole lot excess money than it requires,hence the need to diversify.
Same reason I want to go into trucking,not because I no get business but because the investment don dey pass the selling power wella.
You start to experience storage space problems.
Too much debt your customers will owe you because you are looking for who you will dump the excess goods on and start pursuing for your money upandan.
Too much slow selling goods weh go tie your money cos of excess liquidity.
Too much spoilage cause storage go fill to the brim and hence your workers will have a field day damaging your goods with their legs(climbing of carton)
Too much envy!
Arm robbers go dey reason your matter steady cos your warehouse too full.
FIRS go say make you pay VAT.
wastage of time value of money buy running the business with excess capital which can't generate any more income as sales have cap,etc...

This is definitely an indication to diversify.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by laptopsforsale: 8:23am On Oct 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 17, 2021
Arrogantbro:
Hello great minds. What do you suggest I do with a floating money of 40 million naira ? A long term savings or something

No. Just blow it all on booze and women. What a question angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 17, 2021
PresidentBuhari:
Does anyone know how much dollar is being sold for now.

The $10,000 I bought at N370 in 2020 is sitting idle under my pilliow.

How much does dollar sell for now?

You no sabi any aboki for your area? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 17, 2021
XiaoLi:
Strong minds discuss ideas.

Average minds discuss events.

Weak minds discuss people...

Ciao!

Uber man where you hear this one from? One of your customers wey you dey carry go airport? cheesy

How your big daddy Camry Uber vehicle na? Still giving you issues? E go better sad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 17, 2021
ManAdii:
Hmm, very educative post.

Me get 200k like this, I just dy find how I wan use invest am.

Better go and feel fine with that chicken change before inflation chop am for you grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 17, 2021
ojesymsym:
lol... There is some logic to it, but would you sell your house or truck to get cash to run a short term business? Wouldn't you rather stake the house as a collateral to get the funding?
That stock, mutual fund and bond is usually viewed with the eyes of a physical asset even though it is liquid so guys would rather bank with it.
It is the same way where an average naija man will not understand why people live above their means in the US using credit card.

You are not very bright. How can you compare mutual fund and fixed income investments to physical asset like a truck? Anyone that uses liquid short term investments to secure long term loans is an idiot.

You are just a follow follow that can’t reason with your brain because to you an investment guru says it is right, therefore it must be right. Abi? Learn to reason logically and ask critical questions before accepting anything anyone tells you angry

Please educate us average Nigerians why people are not living above their means in Yankee using credit cards. So to you, that is okay just because Americans are doing it abi? Do you know that the average American is swimming in debt because of credit card wahala? Again learn to use your God given brain angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2021
Foodempire:

This type of leverage is different, when you keep a liquids (cash) type of collateral of same values with your creditors to secure a loan with interest, this is not called a loan but a joke and gimmick to milk you off.

Kindly answer this simple question: will you seek for a 18 naira loan from me while I have your 20 naira cash with me then still ask you for a pay back of 18.50 naira? A good leverage is when you have less and you are granted more in order to make more

Gbam!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 17, 2021
Itsrm:

I actually agree with you and seatrade. It really does not make any sense paying 15/24% interest on a loan when your collateral for the loan can easily be liquidated.

If the collateral was a house or landed property, it will make more sense

If I am going to take a loan with my mutual fund as collateral, the interest on the loan has to be less than 5%

Exactly!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

It appears you are not business minded or Investment savvy

If you are a business man, you are eating your cake and having it.

A trader or business man with N22 million worth of mutual fund, can get a loan of N20 million.

If he got for 6 months, his total interest will be N1.5 million.

He used the N20 million to import goods and sold within 6 months, making profit of N5 million.

Paid interest of N1.5 million to the lender, meanwhile he has also earned dividend of N1 million from his mutual fund used as collateral within the 6 months of this transaction

In actual fact, you have lost a net amount of 1.5 (interest paid) - 1 million (interest earned) = 500k on your 20m. Therefore, your total profit is 5m - 500k = 4.5m.

You are absolutely better off using your cash for the business. All the 5m profit is yours.

It makes sense to use stocks that one does not want to liquidate as collateral because one does not want to lose the upside that will be higher than the interest on the loan. Same for fixed income investments with yields that are higher than interest on a loan.

But to use a mutual fund that is easily liquidated as collateral for a loan with higher interest than dividends earned on the mutual fund is pure stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

In actual fact, you have lost a net amount of 1.5 (interest paid) - 1 million (interest earned) = 500k on your 20m. Therefore, your total profit is 5m - 500k = 4.5m.

You are absolutely better off using your cash for the business. All the 5m profit is yours.

It makes sense to use stocks that one does not want to liquidate as collateral because one does not want to lose the upside that will be higher than the interest on the loan. Same for fixed income investments with yields that are higher than interest on a loan.

But to use a mutual fund that is easily liquidated as collateral for a loan with higher interest than dividends earned on the mutual fund is pure stupidity.

Why will anybody use fixed income fund, Eurobond fund,money market fund, bond or fixed deposit as a collateral.

A money market fund must be left for a minimum of 30 days, fixed income fund must be left for a minimum of 90 days to 180 days depending on the fund manager, Eurobond funds must be left for a minimum of 180 days. If not the investor will pay penalties.

Some with a fixed deposit in the bank for a year cannot liquidate his Investment after a month, without paying penalties

An investment opportunity can come up before the maturity of the Investment. It is left to the investor to either pay the penalties or get a cash backed loan.

Cash backed loans are between +4 to +5 of the return on the cash Investment.

An investor with fixed deposit at 8% per annum , who decides to borrow against his Investment will pay between 12% to 13% interest on his loan

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2021
When I get asset backed loan using my stocks, bonds or mutual funds for collateral, I make sure my cash flow in the next 3 months to 6 months will liquidate the loan and the expected dividend yield within the 3 months to 6 months duration is higher or at par with the interest rate on the loan.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

They give out your funds as loans for as high as 48% per annum, all the same don't put your eggs in the same basket.

Return of your money is more important than returns on your money

SQUID GAME NUMBER 2 - The Honeycomb?! ...Lol.

Thanks a million, Pa Emma. You're a blessing to this thread!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2021
omotola90:
ok....branch offers you 20% of your investment annually.... And 20% of any of your investment... Be it weekly, monthly or quarterly. Now, if you fix a million naira with branch, you get:1000000*5÷365×20%=2740... Compounded. . . That's what you earn every monday.... That 5 in the above equation means every 5 days divided by 365 days... As for investors with big sums, follow the process
Above... N. B that's what you earn every monday.... Another thing is that it is very flexible... Investment must be 30 days and above... You can withdraw any time.... For 1000000 naira in 30 days, it will be=1000000×30÷365×20%=16,438.... Any one can quote this post if need be or have any question

I am trying to download the Branch app on Playstore, but when I search for it, Renmoney comes up.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2021
Hello house, please someone should help with last week treasury bill PMA rates.
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2021
Investor/investment is like marriage.
No two marriages are the same. Each family is unique even though every family wants to achieve same thing- happy home. Just the same way every investor wants good returns.
The method used, principles and time to apply it differs for each home to achieve a happy home. The same applies to investment or investors, strategy may differ but same aim – good returns.
Like marriage, each investor is unique. The aim is to get returns but the method and time to apply the principles differ. Hence, it’s always the case of know yourself. Understand what you want to go into and stick to what works for you.

Man know yourself
Some people bought dollars but make loses perhaps they bought and sold at the wrong time even though buying dollars is not wrong. Some people invested in stocks and make great profit others did same and got their fingers burnt yet stock market is a viable tool of investment and wealth building
Some people bought mutual funds and ended up losing their capital because they just bought but never knew equity mutual funds which never guaranteed capital nor returns existed, while others are enjoying the power of compound interest with their money market mutual funds.
Some invested in a business, and they are getting richer, but others did they are worse off than when they started and yet it’s business that keeps the world busy and lively. All this bore down to: man know yourself

Start Early!
So, man know yourself. Don’t rush. It’s not always a 120km/hr moving car that gets to destination earlier than 80km/hr moving car.
If you are embarking on a journey with a slow-moving vehicle, start your journey early you will still meet up instead of trying to catch up with a fast-moving vehicle the end might be disastrous.
Get and learn strategy that works for you and stick to it on your investment journey.

Happy new week!

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:33am On Oct 18, 2021
Return of my money is more important

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:34am On Oct 18, 2021
Than returns on my money

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemims(m): 9:56am On Oct 18, 2021
Omo! People get mind Sha, 22bill wey nor be your own
emmanuelewumi:
Than returns on my money
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2021
Word/Gbam.
emmanuelewumi:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 10:23am On Oct 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Which investment name is this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 10:54am On Oct 18, 2021
Tell them, i laugh when people still talk about 20% interest per annum in this 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:01am On Oct 18, 2021
XiaoLi:
Tell them, i laugh when people still talk about 20% interest per annum in this 2021

Reason why we should not put our eggs in a basket

(1) (2) (3) ... (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) ... (2264) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.