Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465345 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) (2105) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
GO SOLAR NOW
Is the High Cost of Diesel and Gen-Set Maintenance Eating Deep into your Profts and Trying to Suffocate your Business?

Did you know that with Solar you can cut the Cost of your Energy by 80%?

This offer is valid while stock last

Be smart, Get Solar today, save the Earth, save Money, Stop the Noise, reduce Stress and have peace.

Let the sun pay the bills.

Pay As You Go Easy Payment Plan Process

1. Pick Application Form
7,Ogunnoiki Street Via
Lagos/Benin Expressway Sagamu Ogun State

You can Also Apply Online www.brightsenergy.com

2. We have Easy payment plan as follows

A.SILVER. #1,400,000 (1.4M)

B.GOLD #2,800,000 (#2.8M)

C.PLATINUM #5,500,000 (#5.5M)

3. Select Easy Payment Plan Suit Your load energy demand and you Finances Power

4. Make 30% Initial Deposit

5. Sign Contract Agreement

6. Spread Remaining Installments Subscription Balance For 24Months

7. After Last Subscription Payment ,The Deploy Solar Equipment Ownership Transfer To Subscriber
You can install solar energy on Outright purchase. Or Instalment

Call 07058562938

Pay As You Go Easy Payment Plan Process

1. Pick Application Form
7,Ogunnoiki Street Via
Lagos/Benin Expressway Sagamu Ogun State

You can Also Apply Online www.brightsenergy.com

2. We have Easy payment plan as follows

A.SILVER. #1,400,000 (1.4M)

B.GOLD #2,800,000 (#2.8M)

C.PLATINUM #5,500,000 (#5.5M)

3. Select Easy Payment Plan Suit Your load energy demand and you Finances Power

4. Make 30% Initial Deposit

5. Sign Contract Agreement

6. Spread Remaining Installments Subscription Balance For 24 Months

7. After Last Subscription Payment ,The Deploy Solar Equipment Ownership Transfer To Subscriber
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IYGEAL(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
thebargainhunte:
Good day gurus in the house. Pls, I would like to be clarified here. Assuming that you bought a tbill of 364 days @ 14.5% and u decided to terminate it before maturity. How are they going to calculate the full face value of your tbill? Assuming u invested #1million and you were given a discount value of #145000, you held d tbill for 90 days and decided to terminate it. How much is going to be your full face value at this point?

There is always the 90-day tenor for TBs. I suppose if you bought the one for 360 day tenor and terminate at 90day, your TB will instead be calculated for 90-day. As you have already been paid the discount, your initial capital would have to be affected to reflect the discount for 90-day as against your initial 360-day TB.

I haven't been in this situation before, so my input is also an assumption.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
Just spread the risk.......buy some dollars, buy some treasury bills.......buy stocks if u like or invest more or expand ur business .

Nothing is certain in Nigeria.......anything can happen. I just bought fuel N230/litre

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
Your assumption is correct! wink
IYGEAL:

There is always the 90-day tenor for TBs. I suppose if you bought the one for 360 day tenor and terminate at 90day, your TB will instead be calculated for 90-day. As you have already been paid the discount, your initial capital would have to be affected to reflect the discount for 90-day as against your initial 360-day TB.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2022
Correct... the concept of diversification.... smiley
zamirikpo:
Just spread the risk.......buy some dollars, buy some treasury bills.......buy stocks if u like or invest more or expand ur business .

Nothing is certain in Nigeria.......anything can happen. I just bought fuel N230/litre

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IYGEAL(m): 4:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
skydiver01:
Your assumption is correct! wink

Oh cheesy

Any source though?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2022
IYGEAL:

Firstly, TBill interest is paid upfront. So you would have collected all the interest before as soon as the investment starts so if you terminate mid way you will not get back your complete funds.

Secondly, note that the interest of 91, 182 and 365 days interest rates varies. In every rate for all the tenure defers. So a 365 days TB may not be converted to that of 90 days for you except where and when it favour the bank through which you subscribed.

Thirdly, beware that some banks indicates clearly on the contract /certificate of investment that they will be consequences/penalty charge of terminating before maturity. This charges however is on accrued interest as at the time of terminating.

Lastly from me, have in mind that when you indicate to terminate the TB you are asking them to dispose it of to a willing buyer at the secondary market. That sale will be done at the prevailing market rate. It could either be at your benefit or detriment depending on how you bought and what the price is when tying to sell off. So think very well about it, know the pros and cons before committing yourself.

I do hope thisy little contribution will be helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2022
You may be penalized
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
Greetings All,

I will like to know when the next treasury bills auctions will occurr!

And kindly, when is the best time to apply or submit a written request to the bank? for the next auction for GTBANK.

Thanks as i await your various responses.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 3:25am On Nov 01, 2022
Gavrelino123:
Greetings All,

I will like to know when the next treasury bills auctions will occurr!

And kindly, when is the best time to apply or submit a written request to the bank? for the next auction for GTBANK.

Thanks as i await your various responses.

Mov 9, apply Nov 7
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 8:44am On Nov 01, 2022
RayRay06677:

Mov 9, apply Nov 7

Thanks, what's the current average rate for 364 days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2022
Hello, does anyone know the current interest rate for Gtb and zenith savings account
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2022
Gavrelino123:

Thanks, what's the current average rate for 364 days?

Last was 14.5%, expect 15% or mote by 9th

269 days for 17.54% - commercial paper, ends on the 7th. Minimum is 5m. Afrinvest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
chigo4u:
Hello, does anyone know the current interest rate for Gtb and zenith savings account

CBN has mandated the banks to peg their rates at a minimum of 30% of MPR which equals 4.2%.

https://nairametrics.com/2022/08/16/nigerias-central-bank-increases-interest-rates-on-savings-deposit-to-4-2/

Access Bank is 4.65% - adjusted based on new MPR of 15.5
GT is 4.2% - yet to adjust

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2022
aieromon:

CBN has mandated the banks to peg their rates at a minimum of 30% of MPR which equals 4.2%.

https://nairametrics.com/2022/08/16/nigerias-central-bank-increases-interest-rates-on-savings-deposit-to-4-2/

Access Bank is 4.65% - adjusted based on new MPR of 15.5
GT is 4.2% - yet to adjust

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2022
RayRay06677:

269 days for 17.54% - commercial paper, ends on the 7th. Minimum is 5m. Afrinvest

Yes, for Emerging Africa Group. Does here anyone know anything about them?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2022
freeman67:

Yes, for Emerging Africa Group. Does here anyone know anything about them?

their rating is A-, WHAT DOES THAT MEANS? I THINK IS A IS POSITIVE AND BETTER
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 10:21am On Nov 02, 2022
chigo4u:
GTB interest rate is nothing to right home about.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 10:33am On Nov 02, 2022
IYGEAL:

Is this rate correct?
Good morning Boss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2022
Regarding devaluation, always held that the 650-700 mark is a point where the average Nigerian begins to lose hope in the currency- A point if not well handled will make things spin out of control.
The government has made multiple interventions at this level over the last 3months, that's why the rapid rise to 830 is concerning but not totally unexpected.

All said, I've traded markets enough to understand the psychology behind certain numbers. When a market rallies to 8.3, it's tends to be a matter of time before it hits 10.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2022
bjtinz:

Amazing. If early this year anyone had told the rates will ever climb this high again, I would have seriously doubted it, but here we are.

Is that seriously something to celebrate when your currency is devaluing very sharply? angry

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 11:13am On Nov 02, 2022
RayRay06677:

The useless Tbills is more certain than the gambling in dollar, the reverse might be the case. The dollar is weaker as at today, it's only deemed strong when compared to a weaker currency like ours.

Tbills is a secured investment, better than not investing at all. If I want to take risk, I will take a far better risk like I did last time.

Which kind yamayama gist be this? Oga the USD is the strongest and best performing currency in 2022. Go and see wetin dollar do Euro, pounds and yen b4 you open your mouth again. Stop taking nonsense b4 yamayama fall on that your bald head angry

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 11:24am On Nov 02, 2022
Hian, we are back to Yamayama, baldhead, kulikuli, Sapa, onions and suya on this thread again shocked @topic Russian Ruble and Pakistani Rupees are among the best performing currency in the world today in 2022 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2022
Labadi69:

Which kind yamayama gist be this? Oga the USD is the strongest and best performing currency in 2022. Go and see wetin dollar do Euro, pounds and yen b4 you open your mouth again. Stop taking nonsense b4 yamayama fall on that your bald head angry

This our afinity for dollar is fueling the rise in its price..........I've stopped encouraging people to buy dollar, its no longer sensible...........even though I don't see the naira ever regaining these lost grounds but I think we should start thinking local.......its about time we start consuming locally produced goods and services...........wahala dey ooh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2022
RayRay06677:
their rating is A-, WHAT DOES THAT MEANS? I THINK IS A IS POSITIVE AND BETTER

Yes A is positive. I have also tried to contact the Coronation Merchant Bank agent that sent me the e-mail advert/info and he gave me reasons it's not a bad idea.

1. The issuers have to meet the stringent conditions set by the regulators before coming out.

2. The dealer/joint arrangers marketing on their behalf have to do their own due diligence too because failing to meet will also put their own reputation at stake.

3. The company though new, have been in existence foot about 5 years but this is their first time of issuing CP. So it should be easy for them to repay.

I went further to check the profile of the Board members and management team. They seem to have been in the business for a while and would have reputation that they won't want to soil.

That said, the above is just my own personal findings and should not be taken as an investment advice. Interest investors should invest based their own personal conviction, please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2022
zamirikpo:

This our afinity for dollar is fueling the rise in its price..........I've stopped encouraging people to buy dollar, its no longer sensible...........even though I don't see the naira ever regaining these lost grounds but I think we should start thinking local.......its about time we start consuming locally produced goods and services...........wahala dey ooh.

I love your patriotic optimism, but there's only a handful of sectors today that thinking local would work for, because we are an import dependent nation.

We don talk am for here before, prioritize USD but una no they hear. You can't be more patriotic than the government, the FGN holds dollars, delegates collect their settlement in dollars, even banks they give customers money to receive dollars to their account.

Instead of hating the dollar, see yourself as a global citizen. Flights of just $1k go soon be 1m naira. But it's easier for me see the cost as $1k than 1m naira.

We are investors and we should be able to maximize our returns within ethical parameters. USD instruments fit nicely into that, I don't get why it's detested so much on this forum.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2022
Tobex4realTobex234:

I love your patriotic optimism, but there's only a handful of sectors today that thinking local would work for, because we are an import dependent nation.

We don talk am for here before, prioritize USD but una no they hear. You can't be more patriotic than the government, the FGN holds dollars, delegates collect their settlement in dollars, even banks they give customers money to receive dollars to their account.

Instead of hating the dollar, see yourself as a global citizen. Flights of just $1k go soon be 1m naira. But it's easier for me see the cost as $1k than 1m naira.

We are investors and we should be able to maximize our returns within ethical parameters. USD instruments fit nicely into that, I don't get why it's detested so much on this forum.

If you live in Nigeria you will still convert that dollar to buy things at an exorbitant rate, if you work in Nigeria, the future income you make will be worthless, this is short-term gratification for bigger problems, the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians from the Richest to the Peasant, we are all the same thing

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by narite: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2022
jedisco:
Regarding devaluation, always held that the 650-700 mark is a point where the average Nigerian begins to lose hope in the currency- A point if not well handled will make things spin out of control.
The government have made multiple interventions at this level over the last 3months. That's why the rapid rise to 830 is concerning but not totally unexpected.

All said, I've traded markets enough to understand the psychology behind certain numbers. When a market rallies to 8.3, it's tends to be a matter of time before it hits 10.
Are you subtly saying this is the End of the “Naira”?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alexxien: 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2022
Tobex4realTobex234:

Lol....Patriotic This currency, that currency, our currency, their currency; this thinking are old ideas. In this globalization era we are in, I am in complete support of the whole world having just a single currency; The dollar should be that currency as it as proven itself to be far superior against all other currencies.

With the way the dollar is crushing every other currency in the world non stop, If the idea of making the dollar the only currency in the world is been proposed; I am certainly sure this failed government and every other failed government out there will be glad to have it. As they have certainly, confidently, clearly, obviously, woefully, completely failed against it. It will be a way to burn evidence of their failure. Please throw patriotism away and stack the dollar as much as you can!!!! Stack it like your life depends on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2022
zamirikpo:

The stability of your currency is a reflection of your economy.
Your barking up the wrong tree. People flee to the dollar because they have lost confidence in the naira i.e the economy. Preaching does not save a currency. Turn the economy around and investment would flow in.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2022
richforever123:

If you live in Nigeria you will still convert that dollar to buy things at an exorbitant rate, if you work in Nigeria, the future income you make will be worthless, this is short-term gratification for bigger problems, the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians from the Richest to the Peasant, we are all the same thing

Not to talk of where person go keep the money (huge security risk to keep at home and keeping in dom account na real OYO) and the stress of constantly converting to Naira to make transactions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2022
Alexxien:

Lol....Patriotic This currency, that currency, our currency, their currency; this thinking are old ideas. In this globalization era we are in, I am in complete support of the whole world having just a single currency; The dollar should be that currency as it as proven itself to be far superior against all other currencies.

With the way the dollar is crushing every other currency in the world non stop, If the idea of making the dollar the only currency in the world is been proposed; I am certainly sure this failed government and every other failed government out there will be glad to have it. As they have certainly, confidently, clearly, obviously, woefully, completely failed against it. It will be a way to burn evidence of their failure. Please throw patriotism away and stack the dollar as much as you can!!!! Stack it like your life depends on it.
Making the dollar standard means giving all powers of decision to Washington, take a look at the euro zone, Greece and Italy wont be in the problem they are in if they kept their currency, adoption of the Euro turned their leaders to houseboys for Germany.....

They must pay their loans back, no option for devaluation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) (2105) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.