Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441772 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2103) (2104) (2105) (2106) (2107) (2108) (2109) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by juniorrate: 8:37am On Nov 08, 2022
15.5% is likely to be 365days stop rate for tomorrow auction and cbn might raise benchmark rate to 18% for next MPC meeting on 23rd Nov same like Fed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2022
juniorrate:
15.5% is likely to be 365days stop rate for tomorrow auction and cbn might raise benchmark rate to 18% for next MPC meeting on 23rd Nov same like Fed

I doubt CBN will raise the MPR in the next meeting. This Naira redesign will increase bank balances and they may not want to increase costs for the banks. Especially as the banks will likely incur additional costs during this period.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Unclefemolala(m): 11:30am On Nov 08, 2022
Seun:
Any treasury bill auction this week?

Tomorrow 9 November and the next will be 23 November

It is auctioned Bi-weekly

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Unclefemolala(m): 11:36am On Nov 08, 2022
safesurfer:
Great investors in the building.
I greet you all.

Please what is the minimum amount of money I can invest in treasury bills?

I have 4 million naira and I want to put it there for now.

Am I good to go?

Also please recommend a bank I can use.

I hope I'm not asking too much.

Thanks.

Sure, minium is 10,000 in multiples of 1,000
You can go via CSL Stockbrokers, they're a part of FCMB...I personally use them sha

Note: it's a suggestion not a financial advise and you understand you bear the risk (howbeit NTBs are relatively safe)

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by juniorrate: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
Unclefemolala:

Tomorrow 9 November and the next will be 23 November

It is auctioned Bi-weekly

there’s no tbill auction on 23rd nov
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:23pm On Nov 08, 2022
"With U.S. agricultural output growing faster than domestic demand for many products, U.S. farmers and agricultural firms have been relying on export markets to sustain prices and revenues. As a result, U.S. agricultural exports have grown steadily over the past quarter century—reaching $177 billion in 2021, up from $66.5 billion in 1996." culled from U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) website.

Now, how much does Nigeria realize from agric exports?

Same USA generates more revenue from farming than Nigeria gets from oil and gas. Lol, we no dey try.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
grin grin grin

No wonder, why most Americans are obese, toomuch food.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
ositadima1:
grin grin grin

No wonder, why most Americans are obese, toomuch food.
I have been telling this recalcitrant people here, that basic needs such as food is not their problem. They always debunk my claims.

That even so called rich people do not eat what average person over there eat.

malnourishment, unbalanced diet is now the order of the day.

The only people eating well are the leaders and their cronies

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2022
ositadima1:
"With U.S. agricultural output growing faster than domestic demand for many products, U.S. farmers and agricultural firms have been relying on export markets to sustain prices and revenues. As a result, U.S. agricultural exports have grown steadily over the past quarter century—reaching $177 billion in 2021, up from $66.5 billion in 1996." culled from U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) website.

Now, how much does Nigeria realize from agric exports?

Same USA generates more revenue from farming than Nigeria gets from oil and gas. Lol, we no dey try.
With the insecurity across Nigeria, senseless killings by Fulani herdsmen, bandits, bokoharam, killings in different parts of Nigeria in different farms, How can Nigeria generate revenue from Agriculture, it is impossible, as long as we have a Philistine as President in Nigeria surrounded by His gang of 40 Thieves bereft of economic and security ideas, Nigeria is on a long journey in the wilderness to Canaan-land, Nigeria might likely remain in the wilderness for several years until a Joshua rises up to lead the country to Canaan-land sad

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kayjay69(m): 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2022
replace "might" with "will". Nigeria will remain in the wilderness until we split up this God forsaken country.

That is the only solution to the conundrum that is Nigeria.
AngelicBeing:
With the insecurity across Nigeria, senseless killings by Fulani herdsmen, bandits, bokoharam, killings in different parts of Nigeria in different farms, How can Nigeria generate revenue from Agriculture, it is impossible, as long as we have a Philistine as President in Nigeria surrounded by His gang of 40 Thieves bereft of economic and security ideas, Nigeria is on a long journey in the wilderness to Canaan-land, Nigeria might likely remain in the wilderness for several years until a Joshua rises up to lead the country to Canaan-land sad

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2022
kayjay69:
replace "might" with "will". Nigeria will remain in the wilderness until we split up this God forsaken country.

That is the only solution to the conundrum that is Nigeria.
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 7:07am On Nov 10, 2022
Kindly find below yesterdays NTB auction results.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 7:24am On Nov 10, 2022
Kindly find below the FGN bond auction for November 2022.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Allschoolsinfo: 7:26am On Nov 10, 2022
skydiver01:
Kindly find below yesterdays NTB auction results.

Ha, oh boy, about 0.5% drop while person dey expect 15.5. Haa, that's big money loss ooo.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Entrepreneurrr: 8:23am On Nov 10, 2022
seems gtfund mmf is becoming something else. If i did not call them on phone they will not put interest in my account
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 8:56am On Nov 10, 2022
Entrepreneurrr:
seems gtfund mmf is becoming something else. If i did not call them on phone they will not update my account
What do you mean by update your account?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2022
Allschoolsinfo:

Ha, oh boy, about 0.5% drop while person dey expect 15.5. Haa, that's big money loss ooo.
no o...
it is gathering momentum to fly. It is pumping it's muscle.

That's exactly how price in the market behaves.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Entrepreneurrr: 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
Wapgod:

What do you mean by update your account?

Daily interest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Allschoolsinfo: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
no o...
it is gathering momentum to fly. It is pumping it's muscle.

That's exactly how price in the market behaves.

I pray ooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
Tobex4realTobex234:

I love your patriotic optimism, but there's only a handful of sectors today that thinking local would work for, because we are an import dependent nation.

We don talk am for here before, prioritize USD but una no they hear. You can't be more patriotic than the government, the FGN holds dollars, delegates collect their settlement in dollars, even banks they give customers money to receive dollars to their account.

Instead of hating the dollar, see yourself as a global citizen. Flights of just $1k go soon be 1m naira. But it's easier for me see the cost as $1k than 1m naira.

We are investors and we should be able to maximize our returns within ethical parameters. USD instruments fit nicely into that, I don't get why it's detested so much on this forum.

When Dollar was 850 to a Naira, everyone became an economic analyst, telling people to invest in Dollars, now the Dollar is back to 700 everyone is quiet now

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
richforever123:

When Dollar was 850 to a Naira, everyone became an economic analyst, telling people to invest in Dollars, now the Dollar is back to 700 everyone is quiet now

Probably pump and dump things.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Biakwa: 12:16am On Nov 11, 2022
richforever123:

I bet you some people BP will be so high now calling Aboki to know if rates has increased.Some said it will get to 1k, well some have cashed out while some will be in seriouse pain. That is life you win some you loose some

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IYGEAL(m): 1:01am On Nov 11, 2022
Entrepreneurrr:
seems gtfund mmf is becoming something else. If i did not call them on phone they will not put interest in my account

They should incorporate the MMF to GTWorld app. Stanbic have theirs in their bank app.

Account statement sent to me by FSDH has the interest but GT has not. In this tech world, these things shouldn't be happening.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rubyjade: 10:06am On Nov 11, 2022
From 2022 all $ notes 2021 and below will be rendered invalid. So I think those hoarding $ FX are returning dem back to Banks. Demand is reducing

Notice that € and £ aren't falling d way $ is

Also, FED Pivot is the major cause, the market is not responding well to it. The US is changing its monetary policies and if one of those rumours flying around is true of not accepting bills printed less than 2021, then it may get catastrophic further.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 10:17am On Nov 11, 2022
Rubyjade:
From 2022 all $ notes 2021 and below will be rendered invalid. So I think those hoarding $ FX are returning dem back to Banks. Demand is reducing

Notice that € and £ aren't falling d way $ is

Also, FED Pivot is the major cause, the market is not responding well to it. The US is changing its monetary policies and if one of those rumours flying around is true of not accepting bills printed less than 2021, then it may get catastrophic further.
This is a lie.
Stop spreading misinformation

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:39am On Nov 11, 2022
Biakwa:

I bet you some people BP will be so high now calling Aboki to know if rates has increased.Some said it will get to 1k, well some have cashed out while some will be in seriouse pain. That is life you win some you loose some

Haha, you got jokes, but it is too early to start trolling though.

Remember that d drivers that have been falling our Naira are all still in place.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 11:32am On Nov 11, 2022
First Bank 365 days treasury bill failed again. Which bank had successful bid this time around?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2022
richforever123:

I told people here not to buy dollar.....at 800 its overpriced...... .....if u didnt get in at 500 or 600, stay clear, avoid FOMO.(fear of missing out)

Then to the economics of the price of dollar, my perception is that , dollar will still hit 850, na just a matter of time. What economic indices has improved in d last one month, nothing.......the dollar will continue to appreciate.......our huge dependence on imports is killing the naira, and we export little or nothing. Crude sef na swap deal we dey do........SMH

It's just a matter of time......

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2022
Unclefemolala:

Sure, minium is 10,000 in multiples of 1,000
You can go via CSL Stockbrokers, they're a part of FCMB...I personally use them sha

Note: it's a suggestion not a financial advise and you understand you bear the risk (howbeit NTBs are relatively safe)
noted. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fickyola(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2022
sammily:
First Bank 365 days treasury bill failed again. Which bank had successful bid this time around?
. I think Stanbic Bank also failed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rmx: 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
zamirikpo:

I told people here not to buy dollar.....at 800 its overpriced...... .....if u didnt get in at 500 or 600, stay clear, avoid FOMO.(fear of missing out)

Then to the economics of the price of dollar, my perception is that , dollar will still hit 850, na just a matter of time. What economic indices has improved in d last one month, nothing.......the dollar will continue to appreciate.......our huge dependence on imports is killing the naira, and we export little or nothing. Crude sef na swap deal we dey do........SMH

It's just a matter of time......

Your head Dey there

It’s obvious speculations has entered and we might not be dealing with the real value of the naira at 800 plus that it got to a week ago , but the trajectory will always be upward considering fundamentals , it’s a question of time . As you Dey talk 500 to 600 , I Dey smile inside that it should have been done at 200 to 250 at the advent of this administration.

Am sure others that are wiser and older will be saying maybe accretion should have been done when it was 100 . This life . When you wake up is your morning .we all work with different time frames

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2103) (2104) (2105) (2106) (2107) (2108) (2109) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.