Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439380 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) (2129) (2130) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2023
lavylilly:
What methods do you use to get your money?

Lawyer .

I would have ejected them, but for the cash scarcity and courts don't accept transfer.

Hopefully they should be out in the next 3 months or less

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2023
unite4real:

YES if you have 50M to bid yourself, else NO.

MMF is still doing above the minimum range of bids for even the 364 days tenor for the Treasury Bills.

Keep an eye on that range if you know you have the financial muscle to bid for yourself. Otherwise you will end up with a lower rate than the MMF as you can see from someone who got 9% in the recent auction. Although TB rates are discounted and not the true yield, I will prefer you still observe the space.

As long as you have below 50M, you are simply going with prevailing rates of your OGA AT THE TOP who is doing the bidding for you. So try and be your own oga with 50M to have total control

Gtb will always do it for me with less that 5% of the 50m.
MMF is not stable. Recently they were paying less than 7%.
Now that tb is high. It's better to lock it up there for the next 1yr

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2023
mymadam:

Gbam 💯

The world will be very dull if you maintain 100% peace.

Sometimes you create violence and run away.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2023
Rizin:

Gtb will always do it for me with less that 5% of the 50m.
MMF is not stable. Recently they were paying less than 7%.
Now that tb is high. It's better to lock it up there for the next 1yr

If you applied to buy TB with anything less than 50M, it simply means that you will end up with any rate that the bank bids for you. For example if the range of bids is from 9-15% and GTB bid 10%, it means that's what you get. But if you had 50M and wants to buy through same GTB, you can place your bid of say 14% and it can clear. So if you have less than 5% of the 50M like you said, you cannot place your own bid.

Secondly I have doubt about your statement that MMFs were doing less than 7% recently. I don't think there is any MMF that did less than 7% this year as you stated. If you are sure of this, kindly let us know the fund managers and I will post their price history for this year so far. At least I am aware that Stanbic, ARM and Afrinvest were doing double digits until the past 1 month which is circa 9%. I don't know where you got your less than 7% from.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 11:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
Rizin:
Sometimes you create violence and run away.
😂
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 01, 2023
Allschoolsinfo:
Oh boy, see pumping!

Eish, missed out on this. Need to get my instruction letter ready for mid April. I hope it keeps rising or remains this strong at least.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 5:21am On Apr 01, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Lawyer .

I would have ejected them, but for the cash scarcity and courts don't accept transfer.

hmmmm. 3 months shocked that's too long a time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 7:50am On Apr 01, 2023
lavylilly:
hmmmm. 3 months shocked that's too long a time
3 months too long a time? Could be longer actually! It depends on the Tenancy Agreement between the Landlord and the Tenant. No b small tin o 🥺

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 9:48am On Apr 01, 2023
mymadam:

3 months too long a time? Could be longer actually! It depends on the Tenancy Agreement between the Landlord and the Tenant. No b small tin o 🥺
Yes it damn long even the court makes the process long
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I got paid this morning.

This week is very good.

FGN 2050 bond coupon was paid on Monday.

United Capital dividend was paid on Tuesday

While FGN 2036 bond coupon was paid today.

Just less than a week delay, you dey hala like.

I get tenants wey dey owe me for more than 6 months.

Reason why I no too like am because the income is not predictable and you can't make plans with an unpredictable income
Your tenants are wicked. Three months my body don change for you. The one owing me now for the past two months am relaxing becos he came down with stroke and responding to treatment. You owe me pass 6 months you are off my property.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2023
freeman67:

If after calculating this way and it doesn't not add up or you are not satisfied, you can try and discuss it with them and if you don't get any resolution from there. You can mail CBN through cpd@cbn.gov.ng explaining your situation and efforts done to resolve it. I believe they will intervene.

Good luck.
I have mailed CBN on an issue I have with Arikair and stanbic IBTC, no response from them since January.

My #86,000 is still hanging in the air. Stanbic says the money went tru to Arikair I went to arik headquarters in Lagos, they pushed me back to my bank. Both parties have been doing this to me since November last year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 6:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
mymadam:

Na small thing…it’s usually impatience from the side of the landlord that makes matter go sideways. I have one right now that is now begging because he was waiting for me to make a mistake. Court don come carry him properties. He is to pay the months owed before collecting his properties from the court.
Tell your lawyer to add omnibus clause to your agreement.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 8:53pm On Apr 02, 2023
igbizen:

Na small thing…it’s usually impatience from the side of the landlord that makes matter go sideways. I have one right now that is now begging because he was waiting for me to make a mistake. Court don come carry him properties. He is to pay the months owed before collecting his properties from the court.
Tell your lawyer to add omnibus clause to your agreement.

Please what is omnibus clause in tenancy agreement?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 3:39am On Apr 03, 2023
Could be of interest....

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 11:05am On Apr 03, 2023
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Lawyer .

Oga Emma good afternoon.

Pls , how can one obtain a personal loan using sukuk bond certificate as a colleteral. Already spoken to firstbank and they said the bond have to be domicile with them before they can grant the loan. Pls any idea where to go for this loan.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2023
needful:

Oga Emma good afternoon.

Pls , how can one obtain a personal loan using sukuk bond certificate as a colleteral. Already spoken to firstbank and they said the bond have to be domicile with them before they can grant the loan. Pls any idea where to go for this loan.

Yes the collateral must domiciled with the lender.

My Sukuk is with FSDH Capital, I can use it to get a loan from a FSDH merchant bank or any of their subsidies.

If I may ask what do you want to do with the loan?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Yes the collateral must domiciled with the lender.

My Sukuk is with FSDH Capital, I can use it to get a loan from a FSDH merchant bank or any of their subsidies.

If I may ask what do you want to do with the loan?

The sukuk is domiciled with stanbic brokers, meaning I can get the loan from stanbic bank. I want to convert it to $, add some $ and buy a commercial house for rental. Thank you Sir. I will revert if am successful

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
needful:

The sukuk is domiciled with stanbic brokers, meaning I can get the loan from stanbic bank. I want to convert it to $, add some $ and buy a commercial house for rental. Thank you Sir. I will revert if am successful

If you have an account with Stanbic IBTC Bank they should be able to give you a loan using your Sukuk with their Stockbroking subsidiary as a collateral
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

If you have an account with Stanbic IBTC Bank they should be able to give you a loan using your Sukuk with their Stockbroking subsidiary as a collateral

I just sent a mail to them now. It seems like Nigeria bank interest rate per annum is upto 20%?. Am I correct

Thank you sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2023
needful:

I just sent a mail to them now. It seems like Nigeria bank interest rate per annum is upto 20%?. Am I correct

Thank you sir

Yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 7:01am On Apr 04, 2023
Stanbic MMF is 8.97% and Coral MMF is 11.57%

I expected Stanbic to be higher.

It is like they are taking advantage of the fact that they are bigger

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 5:56am On Apr 05, 2023
unite4real:

If you applied to buy TB with anything less t

Secondly I have doubt about your statement that MMFs were doing less than 7% recently. I don't think there is any MMF that did less than 7% this year as you stated. If you are sure of this, kindly let us know the fund managers and I will post their price history for this year so far. At least I am aware that Stanbic,

Unfortunately I don't work with projected rate. I normally will want to check the daily rate.
The rate fluctuates but by the end of the yr, you will find out that everything is less than 8%.

Can you confirm that from 1st to 4th Stanbic paid less than 6%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:50am On Apr 05, 2023
Dum20:
Stanbic MMF is 8.97% and Coral MMF is 11.57%

I expected Stanbic to be higher.

It is like they are taking advantage of the fact that they are bigger

It depends on the underlying assets of their fund
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 7:33am On Apr 05, 2023
keeper303:

Please what is omnibus clause in tenancy agreement?

Igbizen I'm also interested in this omnibus agreement. Whatever it means?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

It depends on the underlying assets of their fund

Well it is suprising.

My expectations is that Stanbic will have more quality assets.

I guess they are delibrately making their rate to be low because they are market leaders.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2023
Dum20:

Well it is suprising.

My expectations is that Stanbic will have more quality assets.

I guess they are delibrately making their rate to be low because they are market leaders.

It is not possible to deliberately make the rate low

If fund A has 80% of Treasury Bill, 10% of commercial paper and 10% in fixed deposit

Fund B has 70% of commercial paper, 15% of Treasury Bills and 15% in fixed deposit .

Fund B will definitely have a higher yield because of the underlying assets in the fund
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MeezPat(f): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2023
Please is there any bank where I can get tbills of 5mn from the primary market as rates are higher here.I got assisted for the normal bonds not savings from a commercial bank at an amount lesser than 50m but I want to do same for tbills and they say it has to be 50m before bidding.At the last auction I was offered 11% for secondary purchase which was gotten for 14.74% at auction. Kindly assist
emmanuelewumi:

If fund A has 80% of Treasury Bill, 10% of commercial paper and 10% in fixed deposit

Fund B has 70% of commercial paper, 15% of Treasury Bills and 15% in fixed deposit .

Fund B will definitely have a higher yield because of the underlying assets in the fund
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 9:49am On Apr 05, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I understand your explanation but what I am saying is that is surprising that stanbic which is a much bigger company, has been in the game for such a long time, would have underlying assets that are not doing better than the underlying assets of its competitors.

I believe Stanbic has more funds to play with compared to FSDH
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:56am On Apr 05, 2023
Dum20:

I understand your explanation but what I am saying is that is surprising that stanbic which is a much bigger company, has been in the game for such a long time, would have underlying assets that are not doing better than the underlying assets of its competitors.

I believe Stanbic has more funds to play with compared to FSDH

There is difference between quality, risk and return.

Treasury Bill has the highest quality in terms of money market financial instruments
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:09am On Apr 05, 2023
MeezPat:
Please is there any bank where I can get tbills of 5mn from the primary market as rates are higher here.I got assisted for the normal bonds not savings from a commercial bank at an amount lesser than 50m but I want to do same for tbills and they say it has to be 50m before bidding.At the last auction I was offered 11% for secondary purchase which was gotten for 14.74% at auction. Kindly assist

Yes, you can't place your own bid with any amount below 50M but you can go with the bank's bid. The 11% they gave you from their secondary may have been gotten less than the 14.74%. This is because lots of them bidded lower because they weren't expecting the spike in rate from the 9.49% to the 14.74% and may not want to loose out.

That said, I am sure many of them will bid in that 14.74% region or even higher for the next auction. So you will have to go with the banks bid if you still desire to invest in it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) (2129) (2130) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: farydah, talk2tonie and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.