Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4448512 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by battleaxe: 4:51am On Sep 28, 2016
honeyfave:

Cc ukay2 thanks

Please, this is incorrect.

I suggest people still take the time to read the first few pages to correctly understand the process.

If your principal is 1M and based on tenor/interest rate, you get an interest of 130k; you get your interest upfront(depending on bank, entire principal or principal-interest may be debited).

You get your 1M back at the end of the tenor.

Your total interest over the entire period is still 130k.

Pls let us be guided accordingly, so people can take the correct decisions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by honeyfave: 6:53am On Sep 28, 2016
^^ ok thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Annalise(f): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hey guys kindly advise the interest rate to go for next week. This lady at ecobank wants me to bid 17%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Missiniubs(f): 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
Annalise:
Hey guys kindly advise the interest rate to go for next week. This lady at ecobank wants me to bid 17%.

17% for what tenure?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Annalise(f): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
Missiniubs:

17% for what tenure?
364. She also advised I used fixed deposit as an alternative.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 7:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
Annalise:
364. She also advised I used fixed deposit as an alternative.
you mean she advised you to go for a fixed deposit account?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
please o, our financial gurus here.. is T bills still worth it in this present Nigerian Economy?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2016
please o, our financial gurus here.. is T bills still worth it in this present Nigerian Economy?

good question.......................shebi we are in recession and govt is planning to sell everything they own,including,river niger/benue...how are they supposed to repay us after using our principal to pay salaries and run there extravagant government.......

i dont want to hear story ooh.........

@agbaletu confirmed he was paid his principal ........pls any recent/ recession era recipient of there principal.

no be say i dey fear ooh.....last last CBN.....go photocopy some billions for us.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Annalise(f): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
Ugmama:

you mean she advised you to go for a fixed deposit account?
Yes oo. What do you think?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 9:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
[quote author=Annalise post=49754618] Yes oo. What do you think? [/quote
I will go to Eco bank morow and know whatsup

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
@honeyfave...sorry for the late reply. ..was very busy at work....I know someone has answered your question correctly.

Those that are afraid if FGN will pay back their face value at maturity should FEAR NOT...
If you understand what FGN uses these money to do...infrastructural developments...you will be encouraged to support the government at all times while you get good secured interest upfront.... I TRUST NTB more than FIXED DEPOSIT IN ANY NIGERIAN BANKS....

All the face values i have invested for years have always returned to my account at maturity....at times I have even forgotten except for the alert....even the one I did during the general election has returned to my account. .....what I usually tell pals is that as far as this entity NIGERIA remains, NTB programme continues and will never fail...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
Ugmama:

Is "Savings" still worth it in this present Nigerian Economy?

If you have a better alternative, it is advisable to go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by adeg(m): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
Thanks for your response.

@All.
Please compare treasury notes to treasury bills.
battleaxe:

Tenor choices for most individuals should be dependent on individual cash flow planning.

While you will find that the rates for 365days are typically the highest, this also means that you are not able to respond as quickly should the rates appreciate, for you to be able to take advantage.

Some individuals also simply do not have the energy to go through detailed studying requires prior to the bidding, towards ensuring they're submitting a winning bid. Rather do that for a 365 day tenor than four times for a 91 day tenor.

For me, I do not think there's any tangible difference in the tenors- just plan your cash flow and use that to plan the tenor of your investment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Annalise(f): 1:36am On Sep 29, 2016
[quote author=Ugmama post=49754890][/quote]

Let me know how fa when you do pls.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yak(m): 9:06am On Sep 29, 2016
wats d minimum amount one can invest in this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 10:18am On Sep 29, 2016
yak:
wats d minimum amount one can invest in this?

Go to your bank and verify because some may take 100k while for some 1M
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Annalise(f): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2016
ukay2:
@honeyfave...sorry for the late reply. ..was very busy at work....I know someone has answered your question correctly.

Those that are afraid if FGN will pay back their face value at maturity should FEAR NOT...
If you understand what FGN uses these money to do...infrastructural developments...you will be encouraged to support the government at all times while you get good secured interest upfront.... I TRUST NTB more than FIXED DEPOSIT IN ANY NIGERIAN BANKS....

All the face values i have invested for years have always returned to my account at maturity....at times I have even forgotten except for the alert....even the one I did during the general election has returned to my account. .....what I usually tell pals is that as far as this entity NIGERIA remains, NTB programme continues and will never fail...

Hello, how much do you advise I bid for? (364 days). Someone told me to go for 17%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Annalise(f): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2016
battleaxe:

Please, this is incorrect.

I suggest people still take the time to read the first few pages to correctly understand the process.

If your principal is 1M and based on tenor/interest rate, you get an interest of 130k; you get your interest upfront(depending on bank, entire principal or principal-interest may be debited).

You get your 1M back at the end of the tenor.

Your total interest over the entire period is still 130k.

Pls let us be guided accordingly, so people can take the correct decisions.

Hello, I was told by my bank Ecobank, to bid for 17% (364 days). What do you think?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2016
Annalise:

Hello, I was told by my bank Ecobank, to bid for 17% (364 days). What do you think?
go on thats good if you get it at 17% thats #170,000 for 1m . help me ask them if they can take #100,000 for the tb .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Annalise(f): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2016
ihedioramma:
go on thats good if you get it at 17% thats #170,000 for 1m . help me ask them if they can take #100,000 for the tb .
what will happen if I bid higher? What is the current stop rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2016
Annalise:

Hello, how much do you advise I bid for? (364 days). Someone told me to go for 17%.

Wait till Monday so that we can see the direction of cbn omo and secondary markets rates

Oga feelamong is always ready to guide us....

I have done all my NTB for now...no more money to do till I gather funds again...

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Annalise(f): 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
ukay2:

Wait till Monday so that we can see the direction of cbn omo and secondary markets rates

I have done all my NTB for now...no more money to do till I gather funds again...

okay, thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
ukay2:

Monday is public Holiday check the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/3378157/independence-fg-declares-monday-public
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by honeyfave: 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ukay2, thanks for the acknowledgement.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
Treasury bills commission (Eco bank)
inform our customers that a Commission charge of 0.125% on the Yield, Custody fees of N100.00 and 0.10% p.a. on the Face Value plus VAT @ 5% flat; are applicable on every successful bid and the charge would be debited from Head Office.

The charges seemed much, if my interest was #89000 after subtraction of the above listed rates my money go don finish na...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ugmama:
inform our customers that a Commission charge of 0.125% on the Yield, Custody fees of N100.00 and 0.10% p.a. on the Face Value plus VAT @ 5% flat; are applicable on every successful bid and the charge would be debited from Head Office.

The charges seemed much, if my interest was #89000 after subtraction of the above listed rates my money go don finish na...

Guy can't you port to gtb or stanbic ibtc banks etc that has less charges. ....think wise because some of these banks are desperate to chop any free customers money...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Annalise(f): 11:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
ukay2:

Guy can't you port to gtb or stanbic ibtc banks etc that has less charges. ....think wise because some of these banks are desperate to chop any free customers money...

it's annoying. I with ecobank too but I'm not in NGR at the moment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tziz(m): 7:12am On Sep 30, 2016
tziz:
Please when is the next bidding?
Some one answer me oo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 7:21am On Sep 30, 2016
tziz:
Some one answer me oo

Oct 5, 2016
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 7:32am On Sep 30, 2016
ukay2:

Does GTB accept less than 1M?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2016
Annalise:

it's annoying. I with ecobank too but I'm not in NGR at the moment.
my sister, i am short of words. dont know whether to go ahead or not
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 7:42am On Sep 30, 2016
Ugmama:

who is banking with fbnh on tb let's here from you please ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.