Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4438659 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2172) (2173) (2174) (2175) (2176) (2177) (2178) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2023
debbydee:
Good evening

Please when is the next auction date for TBills.

Also is there any bank that is recommended.

Thanks
Nov 8th & Nov 20th ( last for the year)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EngrKemp: 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2023
Experts and knowledgeable people in the house pls I want an informed direction on how to invest e g N500k in treasury bill and be getting my monthly return on investment directly into my bank account.
REASONS!
I want to use the ROI as a support base to run my monthly activities.

Kindly advice on any bank or certified institution that manages such fund for people and pay them directly every month.
And how much is the monthly return on investment or %?
Again,I should also be able to stop the investment and with draw my money when I desire .

I await all possible response pls.

Thank you all....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2023
EngrKemp:
Experts and knowledgeable people in the house pls I want an informed direction on how to invest e g N500k in treasury bill and be getting my monthly return on investment directly into my bank account.
REASONS!

Kindly advice on any bank or certified institution that manages such fund for people and pay them directly every month.
Again,I should also be able to stop the investment and with draw my money when I desire .

Thank you all....

Start a business with your 500k.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

He meant 500m but disguised for security reason.

500m, minimum of 10% will give you minimum of 50m which is over 4m per month.

4m might go along way, good luck

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wotowotoman1: 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2023
RayRay06677:

Have you ever heard of something called inflation

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

This is the way to go
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2023
jedisco:

The issue here is that we have to start from somewhere.

I'm no fan of the monopoly OBJ gave Dangote but from a nationalistic perspective, its helped the nation gain sustainability in cement production else foreign companies would have still been telling us how corruption is the reason they can't produce in Nigeria but want to import and sell here.

The cocoa issue is one that has had more dispute of late. West Africa produces over 80% of cocoa. The multinationals are insistent on paying pennies to the farmers and have fought every move to pay a reasonable sum. They'd rather return and give 'aid'. African nations are not going get the production capacity of the West overnight. They have to build from somewhere.
It's largely how pure undiluted capitalism works and not just an issue here. Western nations have increasingly levied imports from certain nations hence incentivising/forcing producers to make goods locally and not import finished goods.
You see the average African hates work.... Let me cite another commodity called corn....Corn is mainly used as livestock feed, but when it was discovered that corn can be successfully used to make biodiesel.... what do you think would happen to the price of corn, it would go up.......

No African Country is invested in Research and Development, all we want is to cajole a Company to invest in the country and we bring out our omo-onile mentality to want to control it but alas most capitalist are well prepared for this in advance

There are so many things that can come our of cocoa but we wait for nestle or pfizer to come up with new uses then you now want to dictate to them

Obj started on a good path with cassava by advocating that all flour in Nigeria must contain at least 20% cassava, that policy made a lot of cassava farmers millionaires but it presented technical problems which we Nigerians were not prepared to solve and we were not also prepared to eat moldy flour as a result of 20% cassava added

To cut long story short d policy was abandoned by d succeeding government in place of protectionism and mercantilism

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wotowotoman1: 3:12am On Nov 01, 2023
Please anybody dey read all these long long meaningless epistles with useless economic jargons wey these people just dey drop since how many days now

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2023
maishai:

You see the average African hates work.... Let me cite another commodity called corn....Corn is mainly used as livestock feed, but when it was discovered that corn can be successfully used to make biodiesel.... what do you think would happen to the price of corn, it would go up.......

I wouldn't say we hate work infact, the opposite. The average African works as hard as others if not harder. Just like the prospects of a homeless child, with time, I've come to appreciate more the role macroeconomic factors play on everyday attainment of citizens for example, the borrowing rate for African nations being 5x their European counterparts, external stiffling of the few good leaders we have produced or paucity of good leadership are big issues. The Afcta with time should help us speak with strength.

In a capitalist world, the multinationals want cheap inputs and record breaking annual profits to their shareholders. Same issue is also seen in the West just that it's much worse here. We can't change the fact that just like 400yrs ago, they're here to profit at whatever expense. What we can change is how we regulate them, how much profit is retained locally and how that feeds thru the system for greater good. That's where government agencies come into play. I can't remember the last well thought and implemented policy that was followed thru since OBJs days...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 9:12am On Nov 01, 2023
Hehe.. chasing inflation... back to 2017 I guess. Hope this time it's different

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 9:29am On Nov 01, 2023
EngrKemp:
REASONS!

Again, I should also be able to stop the investment and with draw my money when I desire .

Thank you all....

If you want easy access with a regulated entity, that'd affect your yield.

Your best bet would be money market funds or saving instruments offered by different providers some of which have daily or monthly accuring interest. The safety here is significantly dependent on the provider + regulator.

Interest on TB is paid upfront and need some hoops to liquidate early

Another would be bonds - these are similar to TBs but longer term. Interest is usually biannually

In all, though a tentative sum, 500k would hardly move the needle when investing in the money market talk more of regular returns to live on.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Deepmiind: 9:35am On Nov 01, 2023
A plot of land for sale at epe
Very affordable
Every document is available for release upon payment
Dm if interested we can even go there for physical confirmation

Call/WhatsApp: 9153411625

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 9:53am On Nov 01, 2023
jedisco:

I wouldn't say we hate work infact, the opposite. The average African works as hard as others if not harder. Just like the prospects of a homeless child, with time, I've come to appreciate more the role macroeconomic factors play on everyday attainment of citizens for example, the borrowing rate for African nations being 5x their European counterparts, external stiffling of the few good leaders we have produced or paucity of good leadership are big issues. The Afcta with time should help us speak with strength.

In a capitalist world, the multinationals want cheap inputs and record breaking annual profits to their shareholders. Same issue is also seen in the West just that it's much worse here. We can't change the fact that just like 400yrs ago, they're here to profit at whatever expense. What we can change is how we regulate them, how much profit is retained locally and how that feeds thru the system for greater good. That's where government agencies come into play. I can't remember the last well thought and implemented policy that was followed thru since OBJs days...

While ur argument sounds nice to hearing, do you know DAT the available businesses are being heavily taxed, let's not just regurgitate what government sponsored media feeds us........Even if the govt were able to have their way and get what they want from multinationals, the bulk of the benefits would be gobbled down by our politicians b4 trickles get to you.......... For example it is on record dat one cement company proposed to the Ogun state govt to rebuild all its roads with concrete and not pay tax for 10 years, the sitting governor rejected the proposal hands down and instead opted for cash, its about 17years since dat proposal was put forward, the concrete road built to show d effectiveness of concrete is still there rock solid, the local community enjoying the road but a short sighted and greedy governor opted for tax payment that can be embezzled............

My dear Africa as a whole have to find a way to enforce accountability, the amount of money that is not accounted for in our system on a daily basis is humongous..... If you have done one form of business or the other you would be able to attest to this, even high brow areas like banana island, burdillon and maitama, we have sophisticated agberos with PhDs terrorising citizens and extorting monies in the name of taxes dat never gets to the coffers of government

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 10:58am On Nov 01, 2023
jedisco:

And First Bank was offering me 9% for 350days Treasury Bill on Monday. Thank God i Walked out on them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2023
Wotowotoman1:

Have you ever heard of something called inflation

How long do you intend living on earth, the amount I mentioned will still be relevant in this our lifetime as long as you live a responsible life and not indulge in drugs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wotowotoman1: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2023
RayRay06677:

How long do you intend living on earth, the amount I mentioned will still be relevant in this our lifetime as long as you live a responsible life and not indulge in drugs.

I don’t quite agree. N500m looks like a lot of money but it is actually less than 500k dollars. Imagine someone that worked hard to make 500m when it was still a lot of money ( 5m dollars at 100naira) and then stupidly kept the money in a fixed deposit or t bills to be making 10%. He has just watched his hard earned money go from 5m to 500k dollars and possibly 50k dollars in a few years.

Go and read about countries with hyperinflation and you will understand that planning to live on interest is a very stupid man’s way of looking at money angry

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wotowotoman1:

I don’t quite agree. N500m looks like a lot of money but it is actually less than 500k dollars. Imagine someone that worked hard to make 500m when it was still a lot of money ( 5m dollars at 100naira) and then stupidly kept the money in a fixed deposit or t bills to be making 10%. He has just watched his hard earned money go from 5m to 500k dollars and possibly 50k dollars in a few years.

Go and read about countries with hyperinflation and you be will understand that planning to live on interest is a very stupid man’s way of looking at money angry

I am "stupid", no change in plan after reading this, it's unwise to criticise a "stupid" person without providing a sensible alternative making you look stupid.

If I get 500m at 60years, I have about 30 or 40 years to live, kids are done, house in my village is certain, all I am after is my satisfactory retirement life with my fellow villagers.

I need to be changing cars at least every 5yrs, my only worry is feeding and charity which is a function of what remains after taking care of my needs.

Look at me and say that 5m a month wouldn't feed me in next 30years.

Remember, the older you get, the less you eat.

Now to the unwise one, what else can be that stable in this your Nigerian economy of trials every 4 years?

Aside crime, nothing thrives, ask dangote why he is so fraudulent(unfair pricing at monopoly) despite govt patronage.

I need peace of mind at all times and it's personal meaning only my ways can achieve my peace of mind, outcome inconsequential as long as I can eat twice a day, roof over my bald head and any means of transport to move around my village in search of fresh paint.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wotowotoman1: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
RayRay06677:

I am "stupid", no change in plan after reading this, it's unwise to criticise a "stupid" person without providing a sensible alternative making you look stupid.

If I get 500m at 60years, I have about 30 or 40 years to live, kids are done, house in my village is certain, all I am after is my satisfactory retirement life with my fellow villagers.

I need to be changing cars at least every 5yrs, my only worry is feeding and charity which is a function of what remains after taking care of my needs.

Now to the unwise one, what else can be that stable in this your Nigerian economy of trials every 4 years?

Aside crime, nothing thrives, ask dangote why he is so fraudulent(unfair pricing at monopoly) despite govt patronage.

I need peace of mind at all times and it's personal meaning only my ways can achieve my peace of mind, outcome inconsequential as long as I can eat twice a day, roof over my bald head and any means of transport to move around my village in search of fresh paint.

You really believe that costs no dey go up with hyperinflation and rapid devaluation of the Naira and that your 5m will make you live to dey like Femi Otedola forever? Even today, 5m is no longer a lot of money. It’s less than 5k dollars. And purchasing power of the Naira dey drop steady everyday. Na wa o.

Again, how can somebody work like mad to make 500m and only be thinking about how that money will feed him in old age? No thought about how to make the money grow, preserve am or even to leave some for his children and grandchildren? Na only feeding yourself be wetin dey your mind. Please are you high on drugs abi you dey beer parlour

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2023
👍💯 Life can be as simple or complicated as one chooses to make it. Even today, with all the devaluation and inflation that has occurred in Nigeria over the years, I still struggle to finish spending my annual coupons & dividends. Nevertheless, it is sensible to have some diversification in FX.

RayRay06677:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wotowotoman1:

You really believe that costs no dey go up with hyperinflation and rapid devaluation of the Naira and that your 5m will make you live to dey like Femi Otedola forever? Even today, 5m is no longer a lot of money. It’s less than 5k dollars. And purchasing power of the Naira dey drop steady everyday. Na wa o.

Again, how can somebody work like mad to make 500m and only be thinking about how that money will feed him in old age? No thought about how to make the money grow, preserve am or even to leave some for his children and grandchildren? Na only feeding yourself be wetin dey your mind. Please are you high on drugs abi you dey beer parlour

It seems you are new here if not you should know that i dont want to be like any other human. My responsibility to my kids are getting them the best education anywhere in the world their heart lusteth after and they can secure admission.

Aside food, what else should we want in life?

The goal is to sustain life and nothing else, no competition at all and it's very unwise to start building refinery after 60yrs on earth with the intent of making profit.

Set a goal and work it out and rest. You can't outdo the world

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by enque(f): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2023
Nakedman:

And First Bank was offering me 9% for 350days Treasury Bill on Monday. Thank God i Walked out on them.

Lol
First bank offered 9% while gtb and zenith offered 10%.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EngrKemp: 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
jedisco:

Your best bet would be money market funds or saving instruments offered by different providers some of which have daily or monthly accuring interest. The safety here is significantly dependent on the provider + regulator.

Another would be bonds - these are similar to TBs but longer term. Interest is usually biannually

In all, though a tentative sum, 500k would hardly move the needle when investing in the money market talk more of regular returns to live on.

I said 500k for e g.
If the investment proves to be good,it can be more .

Thanks plenty

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by enque(f): 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2023
Fidson healthcare has commercial papers available, closing on monday.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 7:03am On Nov 03, 2023
MTN commercial paper , I will be investing because of their ratings.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 8:21am On Nov 03, 2023
enque:

Lol
First bank offered 9% while gtb and zenith offered 10%.

Hopefully they improve in the next Auction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2023
RayRay06677:

Are you also EngrKemp? I'm asking because I read his post again and didn't get to see any clue that he meant 500m. Though the stated amount (500k) was just an example, there was nothing that suggested that he actually meant 500m.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creategist: 11:29am On Nov 03, 2023
jedisco:

for this OMO with 17% returns can retail investors key into it? if so, how please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2023
seyisanya:
Are you also EngrKemp? I'm asking because I read his post again and didn't get to see any clue that he meant 500m. Though the stated amount (500k) was just an example, there was nothing that suggested that he actually meant 500m.

Only used that amount to make sense of such investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
creategist:

for this OMO with 17% returns can retail investors key into it? if so, how please?

Seconded
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
creategist:

OMO is not for retail investors, even CBN restricted fund managers and other institutional investor from participating some years bank and I'm not sure it has been reversed.

Only commercial banks and foreign investors were allowed to participate then and I think that policy is still operational.
I stand to be corrected anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EngrKemp: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
jedisco:

You

Pls which reputable institutions do u suggest and what types of investment.
Note: I need the one for monthly roi and the percentage is?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by debbydee(f): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Nov 8th & Nov 20th ( last for the year)

Many thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2172) (2173) (2174) (2175) (2176) (2177) (2178) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Truckpusher(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.