Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443685 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
Please any update from Zenith. Has anyone been debited?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
TONY56:

Your account officer is never happy that you are going to do NTB with your money in the account. He will rather prefer that you put it in a fixed deposit or savings account which will be to his credit with the management as they are always given monthly targets so that the bank can have your money to trade with ( even in the NTB that they would prefer you not to go for-Selfishnss) and give you peanuts as interests.

Going for NTB moves the money away from their reach and what they'll get is the insignificant commissions from the transaction
God Bless you Bro.....no wounder she was really frustrating me to liquidate my fixed Deposit....
I had to liquidate it through another of the Bank staff without her knowledge....After she got to know that...she was shocked. .
I then told her that I must Suscribe for Treasury Bills..Because she was in charge of Tre5as Bills,I couldn't escape her,.....She gave me a paper to write an instruction which I did.,I was waiting to be debited but to no avail..,I later went to the Bank and she said my treasury bill wasn't treated that I should wait for another Bi_Week ..,I refused..kept disturbing her line until she treated my T-bills two weeks after..
Now i understand.....
God Bless you bro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
amjustme2:
Go to the bank.
Ask for a personnel in charge of TreasuryBills/Bonds.
Explicitly inform the person you want to subscribe for Secondary Market. Ask for Tenors and Rates available. Tell the person how much you want to invest.
Fill the form. off you go.
Treasury Bill is Risk free. The money goes to CBN, the bank is just a channel.

So for example, if i decide to invest in tb, i will get d interest upfront and collect my initial deposit after 365days?? Just saying??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
Zeiya:

Walk into any First Bank branch or Gtbank branch. Confidently meet the customer care or anyone incharge of Treasury bills in the branch. Ask them for the available offers in the secondary market for the day. Check the offers they have on ground and choose the one suitable for you. It is very simple.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Fm4real06:

So for example, if i decide to invest in tb, i will get d interest upfront and collect my initial deposit after 365days?? Just saying??
Exactly. ..Yes...you get the interest upfront and your initial principal will be credited to you at the Maturity date..
hope this helps..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lexit: 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
mindtricks:

At what rate?
I guess they gave me at 13 percent then. The TB matured today. I have got my money back. But investing it in another bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Lexit:
I guess they gave me at 13 percent then. The TB matured today. I have got my money back. But investing it in another bank.
Wow.. and it was given back to you without delay? I wanted to do fixed deposit before but d way the customer relation officer was vonvincing me to do it at 10%, i suspected dere was somtin fishy about it. She even said there are some banks dat will be giving all sort of stories at the maturity date thereby delaying your money.
I think tb is better...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uzee24: 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
Everywhere seems silent on ysterday's bid... Are there no alerts yet?
Did anyone in house use Stanbic Ibtc? If yes have U been debited and @ what rate?
Still waiting for an alert frm dem!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
Please who has the stop rates for the last auction? Kindly post.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
Please what is the minimum amount to bid in tb from the primary market? I read it is 50M. Please i wanna be sure cos i read some people still talk about bidding here.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dozi05(m): 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
Just receive my upfront interest at 18.16 for one year
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
Uzee24:
Did anyone in house use Stanbic Ibtc? If yes have U been debited and @ what rate?

Used stanbic, they just removed the money on monday, no alert, no mail.
But when i check over the ATM i still see it on ledger and but not on available balance, more like a lien fell on the account grin

From experience, the alert should come in tomorrow, they dont really fail like that. when did u submit yours? did mine last week friday
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Dozi05:
Just receive my upfront interest at 18.16 for one year
God of mercy!
Which bank is that? this stuff is dropping mehn!!!
August would be like 15% ooooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
Primary Market Auction results:

91d- 13.5000
182d- 17.5000
364d- 18.5990

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by wazobia68: 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
Which bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
raydatluvs:
thank you very much. How long have you trading and how has it been? You do forex and stocks markets too?
I ain't in primary market yet...

That's just the popular opinion here from a vast experiences of participants so far.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talktrue1(m): 5:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
dyonpoint:
Please what is the minimum amount to bid in tb from the primary market? I read it is 50M. Please i wanna be sure cos i read some people still talk about bidding here.

Am much interested to know if anyone with less than N50million successfully bid at the primary auction in any of the banks because banks will tell you to go for the secondary market once your money is not up to N50million required for the primary auction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jp130(m): 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
i got my last invested capital bck today, i hop they will b able to do roll over for me. shea today na bidding day and tomorow na settlement date.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
TONY56:

Your account officer is never happy that you are going to do NTB with your money in the account. He will rather prefer that you put it in a fixed deposit or savings account which will be to his credit with the management as they are always given monthly targets so that the bank can have your money to trade with ( even in the NTB that they would prefer you not to go for-Selfishnss) and give you peanuts as interests.

Going for NTB moves the money away from their reach and what they'll get is the insignificant commissions from the transaction
Hahaha,,,,,
Na so naa!
Its in the news that banks made a whooping 265+billion naira from their investment in treasury bills in 2016...

That's how they chop with our money and pay silly 5% on fixed deposit
And 0.8% on savings accounts!
Then charge you 28% on any small loan they give you!

Am so glad I learnt about treasury bills!
God bless feel among and all others here!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
talktrue1:

Am much interested to know if anyone with less than N50million successfully bid at the primary auction in any of the banks because banks will tell you to go for the secondary market once your money is not up to N50million required for the primary auction.

Use stanbic. U will get primary market but at their rate, endeavor to bid on time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
Gavrelino123:

God Bless you Bro.....no wounder she was really frustrating me to liquidate my fixed Deposit....
I had to liquidate it through another of the Bank staff without her knowledge....After she got to know that...she was shocked. .
I then told her that I must Suscribe for Treasury Bills..Because she was in charge of Tre5as Bills,I couldn't escape her,.....She gave me a paper to write an instruction which I did.,I was waiting to be debited but to no avail..,I later went to the Bank and she said my treasury bill wasn't treated that I should wait for another Bi_Week ..,I refused..kept disturbing her line until she treated my T-bills two weeks after..
Now i understand.....
God Bless you bro

She really played a fast one on you and ensured that she kept your deposit to boost her target for the month before letting you off because of your persistence.
Should you or any other person face this kind of treatment, simply walk away from the account officer or staff and go report to the Branch Manager and threaten to move your account to another Bank if your wish is not respected.
I bet you, they, including your account officer will be on their knees expecially if you add that you will make a report to their Head office about her attitude.
I did that to them before at Ikorodu by calling FIRST CONTACT (0144855000; 0700347782668228; 07080625000) in their presence and the officer involved was in "Pepper soup"

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lexit: 6:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
Uzee24:

Stanbic has debited me. Just received the alert. Still trying to calculate what rate they used anyways. I did 364 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
I just got debited by stanbic, primary market was successful, still awaiting their official mail to know the rate that was used, by my calculation is 18.4

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lexit: 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
deepwater:
I just got debited by stanbic, primary market was successful, still awaiting their official mail to know the rate that was used, by my calculation is 18.4
My calculation is 18.39 for 365 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uzee24: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
Lexit:

Stanbic has debited me. Just received the alert. Still trying to calculate what rate they used anyways. I did 364 days.

Yeah Broo...got mine too @ 18.39%. But Stanbic has been on dis 18.3 threshold 4 long now, thought somtyn higher would have been offered.

Not bad all after!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jp130(m): 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
it seams na only stanbic de get alert o. wat of other banks? mine na sterling bt no alert yet
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Stanbic has debited me. By my rough calculations, its 13.5% for 91days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
talktrue1:

Yea, still waiting for response from those talking about the primary market bid.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
Please those talking about the Stambic primary market, could you please help out with more info on how to go about it and what to expect. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2017
Uzee24:

Yeah Broo...got mine too @ 18.39%. But Stanbic has been on dis 18.3 threshold 4 long now, thought somtyn higher would have been offered.

Not bad all after!

Stanbic has not been on 18.3% threshold for long as you claim o. I got 18.462 on 15 June 2017 for 364 days and the one before that was in the region of 18.5%-they are really doing very well.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
jp130:
it seams na only stanbic de get alert o. wat of other banks? mine na sterling bt no alert yet

Oh yes o! That's where the action is for now at the Primary Market and they are also doing well at the secondary market.
So many of us on this forum have Ported to STANBIC that's why you find more of us talking and posting results of STANBIC.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
dyonpoint:
Please those talking about the Stambic primary market, could you please help out with more info on how to go about it and what to expect. Thanks
Do u have an account with them? If no open one, transfer the funds.
Apply before time, tell them is primary market, tick it (can't recall if there is a box for that though) but I usually sound it straight to their head primary market or nothing.

Submit your bid on Friday before the week of auction, to avoid been late. Go home and wait for a lien on ur account by Monday, by Thursday u should get ur alert if it was successful, mine has always been successful with them. Then by the weekend your mail would arrive showing all that transpired. Good thing about then I like is that they just take only the discounted fee and leave ur interest.

If u r in Lagos try their folawiyo plaza branch at APAPA, the girl no dey slack. She does what you ask her to do.

Cheers,
Happy investing

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.