Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439755 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
jimnozi:
Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy
Please My Fellow Nigerians
Don't waist time again online busy doing nothing
Turn your Laptop/Phone to Money Making Machine
I mean Turn them to Your Office
Its is All About FOREX TRADING
People Say u will Loose
Yes its Through when you don't have Proper Training/Strategy
AM telling you, You can make a living from this every month
Training is free anywhere you are in the world
Trade every day and get Net Profit at the end of the month
Come Get reliable signal and strategy to SUCCESSFUL FOREX TRADING

For More Info Contact Me 07061941772

FOREX koo, MMM ni!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hiscules: 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Red Star Express a courier company that owns the franchise for Fedex the international courier company in Nigeria.

One of the big shareholders in Red Star Express will go home with a dividend of N80 million come 31st August 2017. He is also active in Treasury Bill, Stock
Market, real estate and also an Insurance broker.

Please don't let us derail this thread, but should open our eyes to diverse legitimate opportunities and learn from each other.
issokay, lemme just stick to what works for me...thanks bruh
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kentrasso(f): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hi all. I have two questions. First, when is the next auction? Secondly, I already have one t-bill since last year for 364 days (due this December). Can I buy another one for 91 days while that other one is ongoing?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bcpump: 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
TONY56:

First Bank amongst the three you metioned USUALLY have the highest TB rates BUT STANBIC USUALLY out perform ALL.

At the secondary market, FIRST USUALLY come first and STAMBIC too is not bad.

oh thank You!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Kentrasso:
Hi all. I have two questions. First, when is the next auction? Secondly, I already have one t-bill since last year for 364 days (due this December). Can I buy another one for 91 days while that other one is ongoing?

Offcourse my dear, I have 5 TBs running at the same time,my target is to make it 12 TBs such that one matures every month, I now become like a salary earner employed by the CBN. As long as the rates remain juicy.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I have done premature termination of Treasury Bill on several occasions, your loss is minimal. The money to be paid back will be prorated and if your interest was invested along with the capital, the interest will be discounted.

The good thing about TB is the liquidity because when you terminate before maturity the fund will hit your account by 4pm.
You are very correct...But not in all Banks....Some banks take much time to process termination of TB..

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
zamirikpo:

Offcourse my dear, I have 5 TBs running at the same time,my target is to make it 12 TBs such that one matures every month, I now become like a salary earner employed by the CBN. As long as the rates remain juicy.
sharp guy ....it not easy to overlook nice cars etc but with time u will hit jack put
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iluminati: 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
please I want to invest 1.2million in treasury bills for 6 months. How much will be my profit?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hiscules: 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
iluminati:
please I want to invest 1.2million in treasury bills for 6 months. How much will be my profit?
I will use 14% for the sake of this calculation.

1.2m*14*182/365*100 = 83769 if you did not ask for your interest to be reinvested.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
hiscules:
I will use 14% for the sake of this calculation.

1.2m*14*182/365*100 = 83769 if you did not ask for your interest to be reinvested.
Ah, 14% is very small oooo. let him go to first bank, he will get 17% or more for 182 days. Though your calculation is right
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
vitality22:

Ah, 14% is very small oooo. let him go to first bank, he will get 17% or more for 182 days. Though your calculation is right

You could even get 178days at 18% from.First bank shocked kiss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 4:53am On Jul 24, 2017
Kentrasso:

Yes you can , have up to 7 and all in one bank ..think u can do as many as u want
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by beyolah: 6:34am On Jul 24, 2017
Kentrasso:

Next primary auction should be 2/8/17
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:36am On Jul 24, 2017
lancee:

Yes you can , have up to 7 and all in one bank ..think u can do as many as u want

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crowntoro(f): 7:38am On Jul 24, 2017
zamirikpo:

As a business man that you are cheesy grin cheesy
I will soon start to thread your path. Amen
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crowntoro(f): 7:38am On Jul 24, 2017
TONY56:

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!
can't wait to start
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by anitank(f): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2017
Good morning.

I have two t-bills running and I'm so obsessed with having more that I'm thinking of taking out all the money in my dorm account to invest. My dorm account yields no interest for me hence this decision.

Who else thinks this is a good decision? Or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MOM1(m): 11:41am On Jul 24, 2017
anitank:
Good morning.

I have two t-bills running and I'm so obsessed with having more that I'm thinking of taking out all the money in my dorm account to invest. My dorm account yields no interest for me hence this decision.

Who else thinks this is a good decision? Or not

Well think about it this way. Do you wish to take out the funds in your dorm for TB purpose only or you just want the profit on your principal? I think if you decide to save your principal back to your dorm. You could be running at a loss due to the changes in exchange rate.

Just my thought..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
PLS which stanbicibtc branch will you suggest for TB in Lagos that r little bit friendly
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
Am just from first bank. Available in First Bank Secondary market:

253days, 332days, 279days, rates are between 18% - 18.35%.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
Investnow2017:

Am just from first bank. Available in First Bank Secondary market:

253days, 332days, 279days, rates are between 18% - 18.35%.

shocked shocked shocked

How come? But i bought 177 days @ 18% few days ago.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2017
MOM1:

Well think about it this way. Do you wish to take out the funds in your dorm for TB purpose only or you just want the profit on your principal? I think if you decide to save your principal back to your dorm. You could be running at a loss due to the changes in exchange rate.

Just my thought..

If u re in t bills for a longtime you will definitely make up any loss [If there is any] I think the exchange rate is pretty stable for now ..Also it could go either way what if the exchange rate goes down by dec to 320 or 300

Had a domi account , when $ was 490 i didn't change i left it there now rate is 364 and the account not yielding no interest .If had changed it that time and put it on Tbills , that could have been a double profit for me

Best thing is to do your home work very well

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MOM1(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
lancee:

If u re in t bills for a longtime you will definitely make up any loss [If there is any] I think the exchange rate is pretty stable for now ..Also it could go either way what if the exchange rate goes down by dec to 320 or 300

Had a domi account , when $ was 490 i didn't change i left it there now rate is 364 and the account not yielding no interest .If had changed it that time and put it on Tbills , that could have been a double profit for me

Best thing is to do your home work very well

I agree with you about one doing his/her homework, but the exchange rate is unpredictable. That was why I said, if anitank wishes to deposit the fund back into the dorm account, he may not get the same value. As a businessman or investor, I believe every kobo matter to us that's why we are all trooping in on TB right now.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2017
MOM1:

I agree with you about one doing his/her homework, but the exchange rate is unpredictable. That was why I said, if anitank wishes to deposit the fund back into the dorm account, he may not get the same value. As a businessman or investor, I believe every kobo matter to us that's why we are all trooping in on TB right now.

https://abokifx.com/news/cbn-sells-tbs-above-inflation-to-attract-fx-flows-punch

U re correct sir that is one of the places right now , I don't think i will ever see that rate in my area
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MOM1(m): 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
lancee:

https://abokifx.com/news/cbn-sells-tbs-above-inflation-to-attract-fx-flows-punch

U re correct sir that is one of the places right now , I don't think i will ever see that rate in my area

Thanks for sharing.. Let's just make this money while TB is at a high right now.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FKBZ: 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hello house,

Is 17.95% for 304 days a good bid.

My acct officer goofed and is telling me this is what is available.am thinking of transferring my money to Stanbic ,hoping to gets better bargain in the secondary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kentrasso(f): 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
Guys please I'm currently at the bank. I just want to make a small purchase of 120k for 91 days. Is this profitable at all? How much will I be charged? Also which one is primary and secondary market?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by anitank(f): 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
MOM1:

Just my thought..

I thought about this already. Wanting just the profit and saving back the principal in USD would be a complete loss for me. The plan is to invest into TB full time with the money and keep compounding the interest as they come. Keeping the funds idle just for the sake of having a dorm account is useless when i can make profit and still have my principal in naira. And like lancee said, I could have changed the money when it was at 490/$ and made double by now and I honestly feel terrible about it, but with TB I can definitely make up for the loss with time

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acme77: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2017
Kentrasso:
Guys please I'm currently at the bank. I just want to make a small purchase of 120k for 91 days. Is this profitable at all? How much will I be charged? Also which one is primary and secondary market?

It is profitable. The primary market is run by CBN and takes place every two weeks. The secondary market takes place as a result of the fact that some persons are in need of cash and would want to liquidate their investment as such they would be sold to intending buyers.
In addition, you did not state the interest rate.
I hope this helps.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2017
FKBZ:
Hello house,

My acct officer goofed and is telling me this is what is available.am thinking of transferring my money to Stanbic ,hoping to gets better bargain in the secondary market.

Not bad, although i saw 18.20% for 352days at First Bank a while ago.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2017
FKBZ:
Hello house,

Which bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
dotcomnamename:

shocked shocked shocked

How come? But i bought 177 days @ 18% few days ago.

Do you think it's static? You were simply lucky and it doesn't come like that every time. It depends on how desperate the owner is and it's availability

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.