Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4457615 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 31, 2017
HOW DID FIRST BANK FARE ON THE PRIMARY MARKET?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:32am On Aug 31, 2017
StanbicIBTC alert for 30/08/2017 matured 182-day TB just dropped. Make i quick quick go buy ram for Ileya. grin cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rebekah2011(m): 10:51am On Aug 31, 2017
364 days at 18.2%
GODAKPAN:
HOW DID FIRST BANK FARE ON THE PRIMARY MARKET?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:33am On Aug 31, 2017
rebekah2011:
364 days at 18.2%
Congratulations bro...
I'm still waiting for GTB...364 days.....God help me..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 31, 2017
Still waiting o for stanbic 364days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
adegokekemi:
Still waiting o for stanbic 364days
Same ...GTB 364 Days..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Congratulations bro...

Iam waiting for GTB also for 364 days.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
Alikote:
am going to respond to u cos your are a veteran in investment ....i was responding to an earlier post where somebody complain that his oga say he will not do tb again cos of low interest that he invested 1 million and was given 30 k interest that is too low .then i commented that a business man will always find the the return on tb low compare to his trading activity..that he can generate 3 k daily trading with 1 million in computer village compare to 365 naira daily from tb...then one small boy till battling asu strike call me MR TOO KNOW ...is that fair

@alikote no vex.....in a public forum like dis, different people will always have different levels of understanding . Just learn to accommodate. That doesn't mean u r not allowed to vent small anger.

In other matters.....those of u who still have money to invest, how far. What r the rates.....u r getting. Hope the rates are still juicy......

Rates must not drop oooh.....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by punae: 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
uba investors any update?....just came out the bank and the officer there was saying payment would be next week as he his yet to get notification of the success of the bidding and tomorrow is public holiday
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2017
Alikote:
mumu number 2 which one be your own ....a kid calling someone too know is not insult ko which village your appear from

Smh. Indomie generation everywhere. Now i understand. Your stupidity is alarming while your problem is embarrassing on your MR I TOO KNOW in every thread. I have read so many posts on nairaland that raised suggestions about the way you insult and curse nairalanders and turning good threads into war threads and that the best bet is to ignore you so you can continue your childish attitude. Sometimes you have to shut up, swallow your pride and accept that you are arrogantly rude and wrong. Its not giving up, its called growing up.

I remember recent complain about you by another nairalander:

"SamReinvented:

This Alikote needs to be banned. Seems he likes to initiate the same arguments over and over. And he does it, trying to abuse and denigrate other people. It's not cool. Do your business in peace, and let other people do their investment in peace. Don't make life unnecessarily hard for yourself"

Its your way. I am done with you.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
Anybody on GTB T-bills should update us ..Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
lancee:
Anybody on GTB T-bills should update us ..Thanks

Mailed my GTB officer yesterday but a reply is awaited. I'll update asap.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Mailed my GTB officer yesterday but a reply is awaited. I'll update asap.

Ok thanks sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mover(f): 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Congratulations bro...

I just got debitted from my gtb account. same rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2017
mover:

I also just get debited by GTB for 364 days. cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by getgeorgio: 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2017
CBN TBills Auction Stop Rates

91days -13.30%
182days - 17.3610%
364days - 18.52%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
Got 63 days from First Bank today at 17.1%.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
Got 63 days from First Bank today at 17.1%.
Woooooow
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2017
mover:

Please at what rate and what branch..?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
NL1960:

I also just get debited by GTB for 364 days. cool
I haven't been debited... At what rate were you given..? At what branch..?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
Gavrelino123:

I haven't been debited...
At what rate were you given..?
At what branch..?

Iam yet to get the TB details. It was just a debit alert on my account that i saw.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
NL1960:

Iam yet to get the TB details. It was just a debit alert on my account that i saw.
A debit or three debit Alerts.?
Even without the details,you can still get the rate yourself..
!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
Gavrelino123:

A debit or three debit Alerts.?
Even without the details,you can still get the rate yourself..
!

One debit to my savings account. It is confusing for now. That is why i did not bother to calculate the rate. A lump sum which i believe also included the charges was debited. I will wait for the TB advise details to get the rate. Iam more particular about it succeeding as i want to add the discount amount to my Stanbic that matured yesterday to bid for the next action at Stanbic.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cecegorz(m): 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
I feel your pain bro...
But any businessman/investor in Nigeria must always have your eyes on the exchange rate on a DAILY basis.
Investment is a school and we learn everyday, either through our own experience or other people's.

Imagine if you had liquidated your TBills when you saw the naira nose-diving, re-purchase your dollar stock and hold, you would have paid a little penalty to the bank and still make a killing from the risen dollar value when you re-convert to naira.
Putting your fund in a 364-days TBILLs doesn't mean that if you see the value tanking you shouldn't do something.

Alikote:
in 2012 i invested around 13 million naira in tb that about 81000 dollars ,dollar was 160 rate drop to 7 percent per anum around 2015 and pick up around 2017 when my investments was 20 m from compounding ....now do the calculation 20,000,000/360=55,000 dollars i have made a lost of 25000 dollar x360= 9 million naira just becos one useless apc and buhari scattered the naira ....i almost had high bp when the naira peak at 520 i almost died from daily devaluation news ...

2 .if i had just bought dollars and kept and sell @520 x81000 my investments capital will be 42 million naira

3 tb is not risk free there is risk of devalution and low rate

4.am not discouraging any one from tb investment but learn to spread your portfolio (dorm,land,blue chip stock,bond,rents,tb,business,salary)
5. we are hoping the naira to recover to 280 when dangote refinery start work then we are mitigate our loss from devaluation

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2017
kycilae:
Has anyone been debited from stanbic ibtc for dis Wednesday bill
I spoke to Stanbic customer service rep. yesterday and he confirmed my account debited but i did not received any mail and sms alert.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
NL1960:

One debit to my savings account. It is confusing for now. That is why i did not bother to calculate the rate. A lump sum which i believe also included the charges was debited. I will wait for the TB advise details to get the rate. Iam more particular about it succeeding as i want to add the discount amount to my Stanbic that matured yesterday to bid for the next action at Stanbic.
Same here just now....I just got debitted....
it's way too confusing...!!
Just a debit alert....it's remaining two more alerts..
I don't understand all this..
But why is it not showing on my GTB online Bank statement for Treasury Bills Accounts....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2017
my banker (first bank) just informed me that he will pull my deal through by 5th of sept. 2017. was actually expecting him to deal yesterday. am away for next 3 weeks. please can someone explain why he failed to transact and choose 5th instead. Thanks, am nervous beacause its my first time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Same here just now....I just got debitted....
it's way too confusing...!!
Just a debit alert....it's remaining two more alerts..
I don't understand all this..
But why is it not showing on my GTB online Bank statement for Treasury Bills Accounts....

Relax. Today is end of month for the banks and also tomorrow and Monday is public holidays. Too many things for banks to do today.

Is your main concern the rate or the fact that you succeeded?. My primary target is first and foremost the success of the bid. If you do not have 50m, you cannot dictate rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
I just got my 364 days TB upfront interest alert from stanbic some minutes back. Thinking of putting it back in next auction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
NL1960:

Relax. Today is end of month for the banks and also tomorrow and Monday is public holidays. Too many things for banks to do today.

Is your main concern the rate or the fact that you succeeded?. My primary target is first and foremost the success of the bid. If you do not have 50m, you cannot dictate rate.

The rate.....and also it's not reflecting in my online Treasury Bills bank statement account..

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Yem0350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.