Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4460907 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 9:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
I

First Bank of cause. My late grand parents used first bank, my parents use First bank, my wife and I use First Bank and I have opened first bank accounts for my children .

I also use UBA and Access Bank, but I don't use them for Treasury Bills

cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
JohnXcel:

Pls what are their fees like?

Withdrawal fee?

Bank to bank transfer of Dollars?
zamirikpo:

I have to check my email and send u the full details. Just chill
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freepop: 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
Finally got my National I.D slip and I'm ready to go open an FBN so as to start my TBills journey...Better late than never.

Quick one; how long does account opening take at FBN?

What are the available rates for TBills now?

What's the RoI on Stanbic Mutual Funds?

Thinking of 200k TBills and 50k Mutual Funds...Any advise?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 05, 2017
Thisandthat:

What is there if they start a new thread and post the link and those interested can equally follow since its getin very interestn.....Pls let us respect ourselves...Im female
I wanted to respond but since you are female, I will use you to practice how to cope with women when I am married.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisandthat(f): 7:16am On Oct 05, 2017
Alikote:
no wonder ...we will not start a new one what contribution have u made to the thread ,or u think seun pay op to post information on tb for your free reading ,the main group is investment section ....u can choose to ignore

I have not contributed to this thread but I have also impacted in the lives of many and I dont rub it in their face.U also decided to reply with no wonder cos im female.Someone that claims to know so much and give it out for free shud exhibit some level of discipline........and.......shut up!!!

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 8:42am On Oct 05, 2017
lilee2hot:
I came here to check if the Auction was successful or not and all I can see is property pricing and housing and the culprits are still saying they hope they are not derailing the thread!!! This is totally unacceptable... That's why Nairaland has different sections. Please you people should carry yourselves and go to the appropriate section. Thank you #Vexed!!! angry angry angry
Carry your vex go somewhere else abeg angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 8:48am On Oct 05, 2017
Thisandthat:

I have not contributed to this thread but I have also impacted in the lives of many and I dont rub it in their face.U also decided to reply with no wonder cos im female.Someone that claims to know so much and give it out for free shud exhibit some level of discipline........and.......shut up!!!

Huh!!!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2017
Please lets not derail the Thread!!

While its good to diversify just like i have always done sermons on...lets try not to confuse the thread users!

One or two comments on a different investment is cool..when it starts taking several pages is not too cooll anymore!!

PEACE!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 9:09am On Oct 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
V

Most properties in Nigeria are over priced, most investors over pay for houses that is why some smart guys are making a kill from the sector. The recession and the war against corruption put a glut in that sector.

A whole UAC property plc made a loss last year. I can't buy the property you posted for N45 million, the investor will still spend money to make the house liveable.

How much rent can he generate from this property.

He should have invested the money, building students hostels in a University town.

Your are very correct. I wanted to buy a property somewhere in Lagos state but the price discouraged me. I was later called back a few months ago to pay which i turned down. They have reduced the price and still the house is still there.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 9:17am On Oct 05, 2017
feelamong:
Please lets not derail the Thread!!

While its good to diversify just like i have always done sermons on...lets try not to confuse the thread users!

One or two comments on a different investment is cool..when it starts taking several pages is not too cooll anymore!!

PEACE!!!

Oga feelamong, Thanks Sir

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 9:36am On Oct 05, 2017
Agree rates of 18% are over for now... Don't agree sub 10% is possible before December 2017... Inflation would need to be back to single digits... not likely this year. I think long dated TB discount rates will be at worst inflation rate minus 2%. And that even would be an anomaly in the TB market.

emmanuelewumi:

The party is almost over, sub 10% is very possible by December 2017.

Guys should strive for multiple streams of income and learn to keep their options open and flexible.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2017
skydiver01:
Agree rates of 18% are over for now... Don't agree sub 10% is possible before December 2017... Inflation would need to be back to single digits... not likely this year. I think long dated TB discount rates will be at worst inflation rate minus 2%. And that even would be an anomaly in the TB market.

''Agree rates of 18% are over for now''

Does that mean i was lucky to have invested 5m on 18% 177days in July? shocked

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:58am On Oct 05, 2017
skydiver01:

The rates will be determined by demand and supply.

I got 9% about 18 months ago, sub 10% or less is very possible by December 2017.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:08am On Oct 05, 2017
dotcomnamename:

''Agree rates of 18% are over for now''

Does that mean i was lucky to have invested 5m on 18% 177days in July? shocked

Just got 98 days from First Bank at 16%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 10:26am On Oct 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Just got 98 days from First Bank at 18%.

Wow
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:09am On Oct 05, 2017
T
Kemade2007:

Wow

Very sorry, it was a typo. I got it at 16%, a lady got 63 days at 17%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jessglam: 11:38am On Oct 05, 2017
I got 17.2 for 232 days with First bank yesterday in its secondary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 11:40am On Oct 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Just got 98 days from First Bank at 16%.

Really? I got 87 days at 13% PA some days ago for someone. cry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
T

Very sorry, it was a typo. I got it at 16%, a lady got 63 days at 17%.

cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Really? I got 87 days at 13% PA some days ago for someone. cry

It appears First Bank is about the best for secondary market deals.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 11:48am On Oct 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

It appears First Bank is about the best for secondary market deals.

Yes First Bank is the best for Secondary Market. I got the 87 days at 13% PA from First Bank. Too low? cry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 11:51am On Oct 05, 2017
Pls anybody with Stanbic TB secondary rates
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by opomulero(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2017
GTB 4/0ct/2017 rates

91 = 13.25

182 = 15.499

364 = 15.725
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2017
dotcomnamename:

I got the 87 days at 13% PA from First Bank. Too low? cry

It depends on what the seller got in the primary market and the initial tenor of the investment.

A person who got 13.5% for 91 days in the primary market and decided to sell after 4 days leaving the secondary market buyer with 87 days, is different from a person who got 364 days at 18.5% in the primary market and decided to sell after 277 days leaving the secondary market buyer with 87 days.

In the first instance the 87 days may yield 13%, while in the second example 87 days may yield 18%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

It depends on what the seller got in the primary market and the initial tenor of the investment.

A person who got 13.5% for 91 days in the primary market and decided to sell after 4 days leaving the secondary market buyer with 87 days, is different from a person who got 364 days at 18.5% in the primary market and decided to sell after 277 days leaving the secondary market buyer with 87 days.

In the first instance the 87 days may yield 13%, while in the second example 87 days may yield 18%.

The 87 days at 13.5% FBN was in the secondary market not primary market. Think its too low?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
dotcomnamename:

The 87 days at 13.5% FBN was in the secondary market not primary market. Think its too low?

FBN is selling in the secondary market on behalf of their customers.

If their customer bought 91 days at 13.5% in the primary market, the secondary market rate will

be 13% or their about.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Reyus: 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
Some banks go use this TBills rate falling opportunity chop for secondary market. If the rate suppose to be 16% them go tell you say na 15% or 14%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Reyus: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
opomulero:
GTB 4/0ct/2017 rates

91 = 13.25

182 = 15.499

364 = 15.725

Meanwhile my GTbank rep says their secondary market is 15.5% for 345.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
Even as the rates are going down. Anything less than 15% is low. Unacceptable. It does not make any financial sense to go to the Primary Market, when all you are doing is 91days or even 182days, when you can always get something reasonably better at similar tenors in the Secondary Market.

We have always harped on this in this Forum: From experience, to get favourable bargains, the following are good banks:

Stanbic Bank - Primary Market
First Bank - Secondary Market (endeavour to be at the bank possibly before 9am, but not Fridays, you can still get 16-17% or thereabout)

If you ask me, Primary Market is best when you are looking at 364days tenor. Why wait for an auction when all you are doing is 91days or 182days when you can get better rates at the Secondary Market at comparative tenors. Apart from the yields involved, always know too that TIME is equally an asset in Money Market investing.

Just my loud thoughts, though

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
Investnow2017:

Even as the rates are going down. Anything less than 15% is low. Unacceptable. It does not make any financial sense to go to the Primary Market, when all you are doing is 91days or even 182days, when you can always get something reasonably better at similar tenors in the Secondary Market.

We have always harped on this in this Forum: From experience, to get favourable bargains, the following are good banks:

Stanbic Bank - Primary Market
First Bank - Secondary Market (endeavour to be at the bank possibly before 9am, but not Fridays, you can still get 16-17% or thereabout)

If you ask me, Primary Market is best when you are looking at 364days tenor. Why wait for an auction when all you are doing is 91days or 182days when you can get better rates at the Secondary Market at comparative tenors. Apart from the yields involved, always know too that TIME is equally an asset in Money Market investing.

Just my loud thoughts, though

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
Anyone with successful bid in yesterday's auction, pls respond. Did with zenith bank 364days and no reply from them yet..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by favome(f): 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
dotcomnamename:

The day you filled that form, I believe the officer in charge told you that is what is available.
In my own case the officer told me 15% but I came back after 3 days he said what is available now is 13% and that was same day you bought yours for 500k at 13%.

Though he asked me to wait but I decide to proceed because of time factor.

What is available determine the rate you will receive in secondary market. If 15% is available that is what they will offer as well if 12% is available that is what they will offer.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.