Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437871 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by komodapson(m): 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
anyone in d house knows interest rate for 91day tenor Skyebank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GetPosted: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2017
Did anyone get 364 days with GTB last week?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaychubi: 9:03am On Nov 21, 2017
Destinydele:
I have account with first bank of Nigeria ....., All i did was to give directive to my account officer and sent him the necessary papers....I did one tb last month and another this month with interest and capital roll-over , Bank always debited my account. First bank una well donnn....Thank God for the Gurus in this trend , i will never leave my money idle in my account again...Tb investment is so interesting and can make you smile if you have good capital it can also catapult you to the next level...

What discount rate are they offering you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:45am On Nov 21, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hotmomma(f): 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
Pls, I want to invest a little for my one year old. Is it advisable I purchase TBills for him? Considering the fact that I don't wanna touch the cash at all. I need advice.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Destinydele: 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
The interest rate they offered me is 15.30 for 364 days.. ...better than fixed deposit....and if you keep re-investing; you are entitle to compound interest....I just like this tb business because your capital is secured and if you keep adding to your investment and diversifying, in few years you will be swimming in ocean of money..Thanks to the Gurus in the house...I was a novice in tb before.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
hotmomma:
Pls, I want to invest a little for my one year old. Is it advisable I purchase TBills for him? Considering the fact that I don't wanna touch the cash at all. I need advice.

Open a Stanbic IBTC Money Market Mutual Fund for him/her. You wont regret it. While T/Bills are currently 15-16%, Stanbic MMF is currently 17.49% even as at today. And you stand the chance to benefit from compounded returns. Just my opinion, because it is working for me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
Investnow2017:

Open a Stanbic IBTC Money Market Mutual Fund for him/her. You wont regret it. While T/Bills are currently 15-16%, Stanbic MMF is currently 17.49% even as at today. And you stand the chance to benefit from compounded returns. Just my opinion, because it is working for me.
hotmomma:

i second that idea.

while you can leave money in mmfund for 10 years and it will keep compounding interests with no work from you;

TBills requires yearly renewal which may not be convenient at the time of maturity.

stanbic ibtc or FIRST bank mmfund will do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaychubi: 10:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
I got 13% on less than 91 days TB via first bank secondary market, is this acceptable on 500k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hotmomma(f): 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2017
Investnow2017, realityshot.
God bless you two for this timely and on point advice.
I am grateful.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sherif4owo(m): 8:00am On Nov 22, 2017
jaychubi:
I got 13% on less than 91 days TB via first bank secondary market, is this acceptable on 500k

not bad though, but I Stanbic gave around 15% for 80 days earlier this week.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sherif4owo(m): 8:24am On Nov 22, 2017
hotmomma:
Investnow2017, realityshot.
God bless you two for this timely and on point advice.
I am grateful.

Money market all the way, because your plan is for a long term and it has less trouble.
On the other hand, Treasury bills fit better for a short term investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:01am On Nov 22, 2017
Investnow2017:

I might take a look at this Stanbic IBTC Money Market fund again as i currently have a CHESS(Children Educational Savings Scheme) account with Stanbic for my kids where i have a standing debit order every month end against my account with them. I normally allow the money to get to good amounts and then i move it to TBs for them or buy dividend yielding stocks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 22, 2017
NL1960:

I might take a look at this Stanbic IBTC Money Market fund again as i currently have a CHESS(Children Educational Savings Scheme) account with Stanbic for my kids where i have a standing debit order every month end against my account with them. I normally allow the money to get to good amounts and then i move it to TBs for them or buy dividend yielding stocks.
if must Nigeria parent are like you then Nigeria would have been great but parent keep dowing thousand on beer,babes clubs etc

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megacontrol(m): 10:11am On Nov 22, 2017
Could have been a lot better in my personal opinion, considering the trend.

Sometimes you have to insist on those bank officers to keep checking what else is available before you settle. Normally they will just reel off a few TB rate/tenure to you among the lot available and request you to choose the one you want.

If you had this transaction yesterday, just so you know I did 14.95% for 51days yesterday with same FBank. The officer started by listing out some not-so-good numbers but i insisted on NEXT until the above was mentioned. I remember they mentioned this 91d @ 13% you got and i passed it.

Personally i will not go below 14.5% for sec market, and so far it has worked in the multiple TBs I've purchased this period. PERSONALLY.

jaychubi:

sherif4owo:

not bad though, but I Stanbic gave around 15% for 80 days earlier this week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:19am On Nov 22, 2017
Alikote:
if must Nigeria parent are like you then Nigeria would have been great but parent keep dowing thousand on beer,babes clubs etc

Most parents or most people do not really know that 'little drops of water make a mighty ocean'. I started doing the monthly debit when they were born. The first kid is now in JSS 3 boarding school and by the rules of the school, all JSS 3 and SSS 3 have to pay the three(3) terms fees and school bills once or maximum twice with January being the deadline to complete all payments. So i just did a 364-day tenor in August 2017 which was enough for me to settle everything once. The second kid entered JSS 1 boarding in September 2017. I also did TB with her own and settle all her fees. You are talking of beer, babes and clubs. What of the thousands being spent on aso-ebi every weekend?.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
NL1960:

Most parents or most people do not really know that 'little drops of water make a mighty ocean'. I started doing the monthly debit when they were born. The first kid is now in JSS 3 boarding school and by the rules of the school, all JSS 3 and SSS 3 have to pay the three(3) terms fees and school bills once or maximum twice with January being the deadline to complete all payments. So i just did a 364-day tenor in August 2017 which was enough for me to settle everything once. The second kid entered JSS 1 boarding in September 2017. I also did TB with her own and settle all her fees. You are talking of beer, babes and clubs. What of the thousands being spent on aso-ebi every weekend?.

Talk about spending and saving at The same time. It's a win win . I Just pray the rates hold steady around 15% into tge new year.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
zamirikpo:

Talk about spending and saving at The same time. It's a win win . I Just pray the rates hold steady around 15% into tge new year.

If the rates nose drive to a level iam not comfortable with, i might just look at the Stanbic MMF. Since it is the same bank, doing a standing order might not be a problem.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
NL1960:

This is what I have been preaching to one of my colleagues. I advised him to open a stanbic mmf account. He is still foot dragging.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
afroxyz:

This is what I have been preaching to one of my colleagues. I advised him to open a stanbic mmf account. He is still foot dragging.

Even if he does not want to open a stanbic mmf account, let him open a CHESS account with them and put a constant amount there every month as a direct debit on his account if he is in paid employment. That constant debit will help him to manage his expenses. When he knows that an automatic debit alert will hit at end of the month, instead of him drinking 6 bottles, he will now drink one or two. grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
NL1960:

If the rates nose drive to a level iam not comfortable with, i might just look at the Stanbic MMF. Since it is the same bank, doing a standing order might not be a problem.

A crash in Treasury Bills will later lead to a crash in money market fund within 270 days.

More than 60% of money market funds are invested in Treasury Bills and other government fixed income investments.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
zamirikpo:

I am not a prophet of doom, 15% is not possible this time next year.

Investors should now think of plans B, C, D if possible E.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

A crash in Treasury Bills will later lead to a crash in money market fund within 270 days.

More than 60% of money market funds are invested in Treasury Bills and other government fixed income investments.

I know of that possibility but iam looking at it that the banks being of a deeper pocket will be able to invest more in other fixed income investments like OMO, company and government bonds.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
NL1960:

I know of that possibility but iam looking at it that the banks being of a deeper pocket will be able to invest more in other fixed income investments like OMO, company and government bonds.

OMO and government bonds are gradually coming down.

A fall in Treasury Bills will give room to businesses to raise short term funds in form of commercial papers ,and mid term to long term borrowing through corporate bonds.

Treasury Bills crowded out borrowing to businesses.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
NL1960:

Even if he does not want to open a stanbic mmf account, let him open a CHESS account with them and put a constant amount there every month as a direct debit on his account if he is in paid employment. That constant debit will help him to manage his expenses. When he knows that an automatic debit alert will hit at end of the month, instead of him drinking 6 bottles, he will now drink one or two. grin
Sir, please is there any interest on this CHESS?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

OMO and government bonds are gradually coming down.

A fall in Treasury Bills will give room to businesses to raise short term funds in form of commercial papers ,and mid term to long term borrowing through corporate bonds.

Treasury Bills crowded out borrowing to businesses.

This is what i was actually trying to say when i said company bonds. It will be easier for the banks to invest the mmf money in these commercial papers and corporate bonds than an individual. That is my thinking. I might be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
Phyde:

Sir, please is there any interest on this CHESS?

Yes. I think it is 1% or 1.5% above savings interest rate. There are some few withdrawal conditions for interest forfeiture. You can check it out on StanbicIBTC website.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C4Ltd: 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
megacontrol:
Could have been a lot better in my personal opinion, considering the trend.

Sometimes you have to insist on those bank officers to keep checking what else is available before you settle. Normally they will just reel off a few TB rate/tenure to you among the lot available and request you to choose the one you want.

If you had this transaction yesterday, just so you know I did 14.95% for 51days yesterday with same FBank. The officer started by listing out some not-so-good numbers but i insisted on NEXT until the above was mentioned. I remember they mentioned this 91d @ 13% you got and i passed it.

Personally i will not go below 14.5% for sec market, and so far it has worked in the multiple TBs I've purchased this period. PERSONALLY.

jaychubi:

got 15% 45 days fbn
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaychubi: 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
C4Ltd:

got 15% 45 days fbn

wow u r the man grin grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C4Ltd: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
jaychubi:

wow u r the man grin grin grin grin
grin grin as in eh idey insist on full list... my lucky day I guess

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.